Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independence march merthyr 08:15 - Sep 8 with 27888 viewsCwmafanJack

Did anyone make the trip? Great speakers eddie butler and neville southall. Thousands in attendance with thousands more not being able to make it as trains where full coming from cardiff. Also busts the myth that theres no support for independence in the south. Well done all. Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Independence march merthyr on 09:58 - Sep 10 with 1313 viewsEbo

Independence march merthyr on 09:35 - Sep 10 by Uxbridge

So was the Assembly referendum in the first place. Then we had the decision of the Welsh Office on where the Assembly would be cited. Then we had the next 20 years.

Frankly, the Assembly has failed large parts of Wales. Comparably speaking, Swansea has done better than most, which says a lot. I'd love to see a graph comparing Welsh Government funded projects across different regions of Wales, and I'd also like to see the proportion of projects in each area that have to rely on private funding or EU funding due to the failure of the Welsh Govt to do so.

Sadly one of the best reasons against Cardiff Bay gettting more powers is what they've done with those they've had in the last 20 years, and the way they've consolidated power and resources within a radius of about 15 miles. And I say that as someone very sympathetic to the AUOB movement.

The one big thing the AUOB movement want to change is to reform the assembly. Many I have spoken to are on board with this as they agree that the current set up (especially under Welsh Labour) is not working.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 10:09 - Sep 10 with 1294 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 09:58 - Sep 10 by Ebo

The one big thing the AUOB movement want to change is to reform the assembly. Many I have spoken to are on board with this as they agree that the current set up (especially under Welsh Labour) is not working.

In which case it may be worth a look. Anything or anyone that genuinely wants change for the better is worth at least looking into.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Independence march merthyr on 10:32 - Sep 10 with 1284 viewsjohnlangy

Independence march merthyr on 10:09 - Sep 10 by Catullus

In which case it may be worth a look. Anything or anyone that genuinely wants change for the better is worth at least looking into.

Many people have said that it's not the institution that's the problem, it's the people running it. And that doesn't mean that there aren't good Welsh politicians both inside the WAG and outside. The problem is Welsh Labour. They've pursued their policies now for 20 years and nothing will change unless we (voters) change it.

It's up to us to vote in people with different policies, all Wales policies that look after the WHOLE of the country.
Independence march merthyr on 10:34 - Sep 10 with 1283 viewsUxbridge

Independence march merthyr on 09:58 - Sep 10 by Ebo

Think it's fair to say that Plaid Cymru, understandably in many ways given their very nature, are a focal point here. That of course introduces other challenges. Saying that, if the choice is Price or Drakeford, then it's really not a difficult one.

It's been a positive start though. It's nice to see a positive, progressive political movement for once.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Independence march merthyr on 12:54 - Sep 10 with 1258 viewsAguycalledJack

Independence march merthyr on 23:10 - Sep 9 by Ebo

I think the answers to your questions are here
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/yescymru/pages/26/attachments/original/155

Cheers.
Independence march merthyr on 13:02 - Sep 10 with 1252 viewsHighjack

Independence march merthyr on 10:32 - Sep 10 by johnlangy

Many people have said that it's not the institution that's the problem, it's the people running it. And that doesn't mean that there aren't good Welsh politicians both inside the WAG and outside. The problem is Welsh Labour. They've pursued their policies now for 20 years and nothing will change unless we (voters) change it.

It's up to us to vote in people with different policies, all Wales policies that look after the WHOLE of the country.

Yes I agree but people don’t vote that way. Whether it’s a general election or a welsh election voters are more concerned about keeping other parties out rather than putting parties in. Hence the “tactical voting” nonsense we are seeing all the time from complete morons.

How do we get to that situation where people actually want to vote for a party for a change? Most people who vote labour don’t like labour. Labour are shyte. But you have to vote for them to keep the Tories out. It’s the same the other way. How do we change that mindset that has been ingrained for generations?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Independence march merthyr on 14:43 - Sep 10 with 1219 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 13:02 - Sep 10 by Highjack

Yes I agree but people don’t vote that way. Whether it’s a general election or a welsh election voters are more concerned about keeping other parties out rather than putting parties in. Hence the “tactical voting” nonsense we are seeing all the time from complete morons.

How do we get to that situation where people actually want to vote for a party for a change? Most people who vote labour don’t like labour. Labour are shyte. But you have to vote for them to keep the Tories out. It’s the same the other way. How do we change that mindset that has been ingrained for generations?

PR.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Independence march merthyr on 14:52 - Sep 10 with 1206 viewsHighjack

Independence march merthyr on 14:43 - Sep 10 by Lohengrin

PR.

Peter Ridsdale?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Independence march merthyr on 15:00 - Sep 10 with 1206 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 14:52 - Sep 10 by Highjack

Peter Ridsdale?

Paul Robeson. He’s going to sing us into becoming convinced Communists and we’ll never have to bother with this voting malarkey ever again.

Independence march merthyr on 15:05 - Sep 10 with 1200 viewsWingstandwood

Everyone has now left the site and are Googling at a maniac pace to find someone else famous with the initials PR.

Argus!

Independence march merthyr on 17:13 - Sep 10 with 1167 viewsjohnlangy

Independence march merthyr on 13:02 - Sep 10 by Highjack

It may just take a couple of elections to happen naturally. In the last WAG elections the Labour vote was 7.3% down. That could be simply to their old, vote for the donkey with the red rosette voters dying off. They ended up with a minority. 29 out of 60 wasn't it ?

Anyway, if they lose another 7.3% at the next election they'll lose more seats. It's a bit boring I know but that may be the way it goes.

On the other hand, what with the shenanigans going on in Westminster and if JC ends up as the Prime Minister and we end up with a hard or no-deal brexit the end may come sooner.

Just pray.
Independence march merthyr on 18:14 - Sep 10 with 1145 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Independence march merthyr on 10:32 - Sep 10 by johnlangy

Absolutely spot on, this is the problem we are faced with.
Independence march merthyr on 18:20 - Sep 10 with 1127 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Independence march merthyr on 08:13 - Sep 10 by raynor94

So why did he step down from Parliament?

Went to Harvard to study public administration.
Independence march merthyr on 18:25 - Sep 10 with 1124 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:16 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Says the man possibly born in England. (Depending on what year obviously)

Why would I be born in England? Know I the answer to this? So think about this before you answer. Any how quite a few English people are involved in the Welsh indy movement, in fact a lady who formed Undod is English and spoke at the first march in Cardiff.
Independence march merthyr on 18:28 - Sep 10 with 1123 viewsWingstandwood

Independence march merthyr on 18:14 - Sep 10 by blaenaugwentjack

Absolutely spot on, this is the problem we are faced with.

There is the problem, 20 years of Welsh Assemble Government will in itself put people completely off increased powers and independence. It has been an appalling advertisement!

Susan Bailey (very astute, intelligent, perceptive) made predictions (outside of South Wales Evening Post reporting) that were not only extremely prophetic but extremely worrying as well.

Her concern at a few years back was the threat of staged, gradual, step by step centralisation to Cardiff of Swansea/SW Wales services. Services being taken away from Swansea/SW Wales and being located in Cardiff. Her additional concern was then of the possibility of those Cardiff services ending up in Bristol.

Argus!

Independence march merthyr on 18:34 - Sep 10 with 1114 viewsLeonWasGod

Independence march merthyr on 15:00 - Sep 10 by Lohengrin

Paul Robeson. He’s going to sing us into becoming convinced Communists and we’ll never have to bother with this voting malarkey ever again.

Autocratic monarchy is the way forward. Arise King Tom Jones I.
Independence march merthyr on 18:35 - Sep 10 with 1114 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independence march merthyr on 14:43 - Sep 10 by Lohengrin

PR.

Already in place for assembly elections. After a fashion anyway.

Poll: Tory leader

Independence march merthyr on 18:59 - Sep 10 with 1094 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 18:34 - Sep 10 by LeonWasGod

Autocratic monarchy is the way forward. Arise King Tom Jones I.

That wouldn’t be unusual...

Edit: Sorry for that, I do apologise.

Independence march merthyr on 19:08 - Sep 10 with 1088 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 18:35 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

Already in place for assembly elections. After a fashion anyway.

Hardly any bugger bothers to vote in them unless they are related to the candidates.

Independence march merthyr on 21:58 - Sep 10 with 1044 viewsEbo

Independence march merthyr on 18:28 - Sep 10 by Wingstandwood

There is the problem, 20 years of Welsh Assemble Government will in itself put people completely off increased powers and independence. It has been an appalling advertisement!

Susan Bailey (very astute, intelligent, perceptive) made predictions (outside of South Wales Evening Post reporting) that were not only extremely prophetic but extremely worrying as well.

Her concern at a few years back was the threat of staged, gradual, step by step centralisation to Cardiff of Swansea/SW Wales services. Services being taken away from Swansea/SW Wales and being located in Cardiff. Her additional concern was then of the possibility of those Cardiff services ending up in Bristol.

This is why it is important to get people talking about it, reading up about it and becoming curious about it. You can't shove it down peoples throats - that is not the way, instead talk to people about it and if they are skeptical point them to the Yes Cymru site, invite them to a march.

It wasn't that long ago the movement was just 6 people in a room. In such a short time it has grown to thousands. It is in the mainstream now and people are getting on board as it is not old fashioned nationalism - they don't care if you can speak welsh or not or where you are from. if you live here you are welsh.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 20:01 - Sep 11 with 967 viewsladyjack

Liz speaks to press tv.
Independence march merthyr on 20:27 - Sep 11 with 947 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 20:01 - Sep 11 by ladyjack

Liz speaks to press tv.

“Thousands”. Barely 5,000.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Independence march merthyr on 20:35 - Sep 11 with 937 viewsladyjack

5000 is Thousands
Independence march merthyr on 20:36 - Sep 11 with 936 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independence march merthyr on 20:35 - Sep 11 by ladyjack

5000 is Thousands

He’s got an undeniable point there.

Poll: Tory leader

Independence march merthyr on 20:47 - Sep 11 with 912 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 20:01 - Sep 11 by ladyjack

Liz speaks to press tv.

Cosying up to the broadcasting apparatus of the Islamic regime in Iran?

Lovely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024