Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans up for sale? 09:39 - Oct 13 with 18272 views34dfgdf54

For £38m according to some newspapers.
Swans up for sale? on 12:55 - Oct 13 with 2428 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans up for sale? on 12:47 - Oct 13 by sainthelens

Wonder how many have looked that up

The infamous “Jeff from Reading” on Gary Martin’s old site did and protested it was bollox because he couldn’t find any mention of the “Arabic car park billionaire” on Google.😂
Swans up for sale? on 12:59 - Oct 13 with 2413 viewsswan65split

Cunning plan. Sell while we look a good bet. Also get their money back if new owners succesfull. What's the diff between incomings /outgoings since they been here?

Downside......no sale. Looks like no investment. But we all knew that didn't we?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 12:59]
Swans up for sale? on 13:38 - Oct 13 with 2294 viewsDarran

Swans up for sale? on 12:59 - Oct 13 by swan65split

Cunning plan. Sell while we look a good bet. Also get their money back if new owners succesfull. What's the diff between incomings /outgoings since they been here?

Downside......no sale. Looks like no investment. But we all knew that didn't we?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 12:59]

No investment?
Why would you think there’d be any investment when there hasn’t been any thus far?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans up for sale? on 13:39 - Oct 13 with 2289 viewsTimTtam

I don't fully believe it yet since The Sun broke the story, but if it is true, it is fantastic news. The quicker we get rid of the likes of Jase, Steve, and Mindy, the better.

We all knew there would be no investment at mid-season anyway, so it just means we all are prepared for January now, rather than having our hopes shattered later.

Lets hope Birch can work some magic and find some good, genuine owners.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Swans up for sale? on 13:45 - Oct 13 with 2271 viewsmonmouth

Swans up for sale? on 13:39 - Oct 13 by TimTtam

I don't fully believe it yet since The Sun broke the story, but if it is true, it is fantastic news. The quicker we get rid of the likes of Jase, Steve, and Mindy, the better.

We all knew there would be no investment at mid-season anyway, so it just means we all are prepared for January now, rather than having our hopes shattered later.

Lets hope Birch can work some magic and find some good, genuine owners.

You obviously don’t realise what can happen in these circumstances. Well we’ve been through it a couple of times. Be careful what you wish for. The yanks may be a pile of shite but there’s worse out there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans up for sale? on 13:51 - Oct 13 with 2245 viewsTimTtam

Swans up for sale? on 13:45 - Oct 13 by monmouth

You obviously don’t realise what can happen in these circumstances. Well we’ve been through it a couple of times. Be careful what you wish for. The yanks may be a pile of shite but there’s worse out there.

True, but I figure in these times with all the scrutiny surrounding the EFL's handling of the Bolton and Bury sales, that the club will be smart in who they appoint. Also, another clusterf*ck by the EFL and there will be chaos. They'll be on their best behavior and hopefully will prevent bad owners from coming in.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Swans up for sale? on 14:01 - Oct 13 with 2212 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 13:51 - Oct 13 by TimTtam

True, but I figure in these times with all the scrutiny surrounding the EFL's handling of the Bolton and Bury sales, that the club will be smart in who they appoint. Also, another clusterf*ck by the EFL and there will be chaos. They'll be on their best behavior and hopefully will prevent bad owners from coming in.

It’s not really a case of appointing. The hedge fund will sell their stake to whoever they want. There are fit and proper person tests, but they aren’t exactly demanding.

Having said that, I think it’s still a risk worth taking (not that we have any control over it). We aren’t going to progress under these owners.
Swans up for sale? on 14:07 - Oct 13 with 2197 viewsBadlands

Swans up for sale? on 10:47 - Oct 13 by jack247

I don’t see a big problem with that. If Birch has actually got us on a fairly even keel, £38m for a Championship side isn’t a bad price. £53m for a PL side is a steal.

How long do these sales tend to take? If they are only at the early stage that article suggests, it may take until the end of the season anyway.

Not owning the sound is a drawback as is 21% not available for sale.
Maybe the Trust can stump up the cash and buy the club outright or they might just delay a sale for a few years.
Or the Chinese £billionaire who bought a pub after offering £11 billion worth of investment might come in!
TBH I think the American drop is cutting ts losses as they don't see any way of recouping what they paid. The drop in support this season and abuse from some fans indicates how fragile Swansea City is as an investment.
IMO The Americans bought their shares in good faith and were at the time the only group vaguely interested in buying; he jealousy some have for the selling shareholders has poisoned the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans up for sale? on 14:10 - Oct 13 with 2184 viewsDarran

Swans up for sale? on 14:07 - Oct 13 by Badlands

Maybe the Trust can stump up the cash and buy the club outright or they might just delay a sale for a few years.
Or the Chinese £billionaire who bought a pub after offering £11 billion worth of investment might come in!
TBH I think the American drop is cutting ts losses as they don't see any way of recouping what they paid. The drop in support this season and abuse from some fans indicates how fragile Swansea City is as an investment.
IMO The Americans bought their shares in good faith and were at the time the only group vaguely interested in buying; he jealousy some have for the selling shareholders has poisoned the club.

There was no need to sell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans up for sale? on 14:19 - Oct 13 with 2154 viewsjack247

The amount they own isn’t a massive drawback. Any buyer would get the voting rights they acquired as part of the deal.

I don’t think ‘21% is not available for sale’ is strictly accurate either. It’s not included in the £38m, but I don’t think the Trust have ever said they would never sell.

The drop in support this season and their popularity aren’t the main reasons they want to sell, the fact that they were incapable of absorbing relegation without a firesale and selling off the best prospects is. 20,000 of us turn up every week waving star spangled banners and they are still going to want to cut their losses. They are a hedge fund, they took a punt and it didn’t pay off. They’ve made the club as saleable as they can by slashing costs, now they are looking to offload.
Swans up for sale? on 14:28 - Oct 13 with 2137 views3swan

The Sun is also reporting that Derby have been offered £50m by an American consortium but Derby want a £60m sale
Swans up for sale? on 15:12 - Oct 13 with 2029 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swans up for sale? on 12:33 - Oct 13 by waynekerr55

To be fair Daz, the did rid us of parasite Jenkins

That's like saying the shark that bit your arm off cured you of your tennis elbow.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans up for sale? on 15:38 - Oct 13 with 1957 viewsswan65split

Swans up for sale? on 13:38 - Oct 13 by Darran

No investment?
Why would you think there’d be any investment when there hasn’t been any thus far?

Bit of tongue in cheek irony me thinks in my post. but , anyone with a bit of ambition/aim, may, if we are in a favourable position come January would surely invest something with the hope of that honey pot of Premiership football a possibility.

But they wont,
Swans up for sale? on 15:50 - Oct 13 with 1927 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What drop in support?

Our support is holding up well with any other championship season at the Liberty including the promotion season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans up for sale? on 15:51 - Oct 13 with 1925 viewsjackrmee

Swans up for sale? on 13:38 - Oct 13 by Darran

No investment?

Trevor did say that we may get investment in Jan if we are up there challenging.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans up for sale? on 15:54 - Oct 13 with 1911 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 15:51 - Oct 13 by jackrmee

Trevor did say that we may get investment in Jan if we are up there challenging.

I don’t think he was quite that definite, but he did imply it. We’re only a central midfielder away from at least having a starting eleven as good as anyone’s. Can’t see it happening if these reports are true
Swans up for sale? on 16:00 - Oct 13 with 1892 viewsnyc_swans

be careful what you wish for.

hopefully with trevor at the helm there’s more due diligence this time around.
Swans up for sale? on 16:05 - Oct 13 with 1874 viewsHighjack

Swans up for sale? on 12:47 - Oct 13 by sainthelens

Wonder how many have looked that up

Sheikh Yebouti also got quite a few people.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans up for sale? on 16:20 - Oct 13 with 1821 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 16:00 - Oct 13 by nyc_swans

be careful what you wish for.

hopefully with trevor at the helm there’s more due diligence this time around.

I doubt it. He’s employed by the Americans and his main remit will be to sell the club.
Swans up for sale? on 16:29 - Oct 13 with 1790 viewsunion_jack

Swans up for sale? on 15:54 - Oct 13 by jack247

I don’t think he was quite that definite, but he did imply it. We’re only a central midfielder away from at least having a starting eleven as good as anyone’s. Can’t see it happening if these reports are true

Well they’ll stand a better chance of selling if they improve the squad so it may be a gamble they are prepared to take.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans up for sale? on 16:29 - Oct 13 with 1786 viewsSwanDownUnder

Swans up for sale? on 15:12 - Oct 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

That's like saying the shark that bit your arm off cured you of your tennis elbow.

Remember when you vouched for them? Telling us "They get it?"

Get rid of them, but imagine The Trust running the club, scary!
Swans up for sale? on 16:31 - Oct 13 with 1782 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 16:29 - Oct 13 by union_jack

Well they’ll stand a better chance of selling if they improve the squad so it may be a gamble they are prepared to take.

Hopefully
Swans up for sale? on 16:31 - Oct 13 with 1780 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 16:29 - Oct 13 by SwanDownUnder

Remember when you vouched for them? Telling us "They get it?"

Get rid of them, but imagine The Trust running the club, scary!

Why would the trust be running the club?
Swans up for sale? on 16:36 - Oct 13 with 1754 viewsnyc_swans

Swans up for sale? on 16:20 - Oct 13 by jack247

I doubt it. He’s employed by the Americans and his main remit will be to sell the club.

this is my concern. he may be good at his job, but he has no stake in the future of the club.
Swans up for sale? on 16:38 - Oct 13 with 1738 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans up for sale? on 16:31 - Oct 13 by jack247

Why would the trust be running the club?

That was going to be my question.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024