Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay Poppies this year then 12:37 - Nov 2 with 11178 viewsDarran

How wánky is this?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:38 - Nov 2 with 1118 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:35 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

Aww you bought a purple poppy for your dog, that's a wonderful story! The rest of course is your usual political correct leftist claptrap!

Whatever. Your contribution has been your usual homophobic claptrap. ‘They’re all the same as long as they shut the hell up and don’t tell anyone’. That’s how it goes isn’t it?

And I’ll guarantee I’m less leftist than you are. Just less inclined to judge people that have absolutely no detrimental effect on me whatsoever.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:48 - Nov 2 with 1080 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:34 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

They didn’t produce poppies affixed to a Swans badge in a bygone era. But that’s fine. As it’s not what is important.

Respect is innate and sincere, not outward displays to show others you care.

In my world, I believe it shows a lack of respect to change the colour. That is all I'm saying.
The fact that mine has a swans crest affixed is irrelevant.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:49 - Nov 2 with 1080 viewsjackportis

JP suggests that an individual should have a choice. Secondly do those that protest the colour being different actually by the red one.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:51 - Nov 2 with 1072 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:38 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

Whatever. Your contribution has been your usual homophobic claptrap. ‘They’re all the same as long as they shut the hell up and don’t tell anyone’. That’s how it goes isn’t it?

And I’ll guarantee I’m less leftist than you are. Just less inclined to judge people that have absolutely no detrimental effect on me whatsoever.

Nothing says respect like using Remembrance Day for a bit of anti gay bigotry in my opinion.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 1069 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:48 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

In my world, I believe it shows a lack of respect to change the colour. That is all I'm saying.
The fact that mine has a swans crest affixed is irrelevant.

They haven't changed the colour. Red poppies are still available.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:56 - Nov 2 with 1060 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:52 - Nov 2 by Humpty

They haven't changed the colour. Red poppies are still available.

Yes and they should all be red, not any other colour.
Does that help you?😀
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:58 - Nov 2 with 1057 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:38 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

I don't believe that i have posted anything homophobic in this thread whatsoever! In fact in the main i've been anything but that, in the sense that i wish all LGBT people would act in the same manner as us all, and not demand equality but at the same time wish to shout from the roof tops how 'different' they want us to know they are. It's severely hypocritical really. And a 'rainbow' poppy is well, let's just say is the height of hypocrisy.
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:02 - Nov 2 with 1041 viewsunion_jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:56 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

Does that help you?😀

Indeed. The red one, strangely enough the colour they grow in the fields, should include all that served and laid their lives down in previous conflicts. Those who identify as minority groups are included in the red one. No need for multi coloured ones or other coloured ones. Just the red one.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:03 - Nov 2 with 1041 viewsLohengrin

For a lot of us the ceremony on Remembrance Sunday has profound meaning, a solemn act of Christian communion. After the minute silence as we are called to attention, flags lowered and heads bowed the hymn is sung. It’s very likely the one, true selfless act many of those in attendance will commit to that year.

It’s an act of unconditional tribute, not a political football.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:04 - Nov 2 with 1035 viewsDarran

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:11 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

I know Hump, I'm just saying they should be red that's all, blimey it's not rocket science.👍

Ignore Humpty he’ll be wearing a rainbow be and thinking about ECB’s arse at the same time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:04 - Nov 2 with 1031 viewsjack2jack

I'll just leave this here.

'And now the Torch and Poppy Red, we wear in honor of our dead…'.
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:06 - Nov 2 with 1019 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:56 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

Does that help you?😀

That's a different argument.

It's good that red poppies are available and I'm sure that about 99% plus of all poppies sold will be red. If a few alternatives are available, such as football poppies and rainbow poppies then what's the problem? As long as money is being raised for the British Legion which is supposed to be the important thing isn't it?

Personally I think if you're such a red poppy purist you should be against football poppies. They seem a bit tacky to me but each to their own. If it's only the rainbow poppy you object to then it may be your attitude to gay people that's the problem.
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:10 - Nov 2 with 1004 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:04 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

I'll just leave this here.

'And now the Torch and Poppy Red, we wear in honor of our dead…'.

End of thread.

Excellent post
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:19 - Nov 2 with 982 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:58 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

I don't believe that i have posted anything homophobic in this thread whatsoever! In fact in the main i've been anything but that, in the sense that i wish all LGBT people would act in the same manner as us all, and not demand equality but at the same time wish to shout from the roof tops how 'different' they want us to know they are. It's severely hypocritical really. And a 'rainbow' poppy is well, let's just say is the height of hypocrisy.

You are the person who thinks the existence of gay people should be hidden from children yes?

Apologies if you're not in advance.
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:23 - Nov 2 with 975 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:06 - Nov 2 by Humpty

That's a different argument.

It's good that red poppies are available and I'm sure that about 99% plus of all poppies sold will be red. If a few alternatives are available, such as football poppies and rainbow poppies then what's the problem? As long as money is being raised for the British Legion which is supposed to be the important thing isn't it?

Personally I think if you're such a red poppy purist you should be against football poppies. They seem a bit tacky to me but each to their own. If it's only the rainbow poppy you object to then it may be your attitude to gay people that's the problem.

Don't be tvvat, I don't have a problem with anyone.
I have a problem with poppies that aren't red.
Anyhoo, I think you know where I stand on this one so I'll leave it there.👍
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:24 - Nov 2 with 971 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:19 - Nov 2 by Humpty

You are the person who thinks the existence of gay people should be hidden from children yes?

Apologies if you're not in advance.

Apology grudgingly accepted.
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:29 - Nov 2 with 947 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:24 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

Apology grudgingly accepted.

I'd have to go digging for the correct thread to confirm who it was but if you say it wasn't you then fine, sorry for getting it wrong. Nothing grudging about it at all.
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:40 - Nov 2 with 931 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:29 - Nov 2 by Humpty

I'd have to go digging for the correct thread to confirm who it was but if you say it wasn't you then fine, sorry for getting it wrong. Nothing grudging about it at all.

No need to go digging you sad tvvat, if you mean the thread where i was one of those who opposed teaching 5 year olds in schools about LGBT, then you've got yer man. Now fvck off..
Gay Poppies this year then on 21:43 - Nov 2 with 916 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 21:40 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

No need to go digging you sad tvvat, if you mean the thread where i was one of those who opposed teaching 5 year olds in schools about LGBT, then you've got yer man. Now fvck off..

Yeah I knew you were opposed to the teaching kids about LGBT issues. I was just wondering if it was you who didn't want kids to even know they existed. Anyway, you say it it wasn't you. That's fine then.

Have a pleasant evening.
Gay Poppies this year then on 22:03 - Nov 2 with 866 viewsJackSomething

Being outraged about changing the colour of the poppy while seeing nothing wrong with having a football crest (of all things) on it is genuinely one of the most bizarre opinions I've read in a while.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gay Poppies this year then on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 844 viewsmonmouth

I wish we would remember our dead by not killing more people in pointless politically driven wars. I also wish we'd respect them and their sacrifices by not selling arms to maniacs to destroy millions of other lives.

Perhaps then we could stop worrying about the colour of manufactured plastic poppies and really respect what they died for, by actually respecting the post war dream that their deaths should have supported, gay, straight, or whatever floats your boat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gay Poppies this year then on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 835 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 22:03 - Nov 2 by JackSomething

Being outraged about changing the colour of the poppy while seeing nothing wrong with having a football crest (of all things) on it is genuinely one of the most bizarre opinions I've read in a while.

No mate I'm not outraged at all, I'm saddened by it all.
Oh and if you think my opinion is the most bizzare thing ever posted on here, your either new on here or your not paying attention.
ATB👍
Gay Poppies this year then on 22:23 - Nov 2 with 816 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 22:03 - Nov 2 by JackSomething

There is a vast difference from showing you are a Swansea City fan displaying a red poppy to show respect, other than displaying a rainbow poppy to let everyone know you are gay. A red poppy with LGBT in the middle? No problem for me. Hope this helps.
Gay Poppies this year then on 22:31 - Nov 2 with 798 viewsdickythorpe

I hope none of us or any of our friends and relatives ever get to the situation where we'll be shot at, watch colleagues die or obliterate in front of us.
Despite that hell on Earth, we WON the world wars.

We never celebrate wildly do we our "victories" of 1918 & 1945
We have memorials instead. Now traditionally we were taught RED was the colour.

Whether it's tartan, pink or turquoise doesn't matter a jot in these ever changing times.

The fact of the matter is that those that wear that poppy are remembering the brave, brave heroes that fought for us .
I wonder how many of the "hard cases", "toughies" would go to the trenches today?

RIP to those that died. Respect to those that made it home.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 22:32]
Gay Poppies this year then on 23:45 - Nov 2 with 738 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is why I don’t wear a poppy. This thread and the attitudes within it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 23:47]

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024