Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper Out 21:42 - Nov 29 with 50459 viewsDippy

Cooper Out

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Cooper Out

Cooper Out on 23:40 - Feb 14 with 2239 viewsheadcleaner

I think I'd rather his dad pick the side and tactics. He looks like he doesn't want to be on the touchline. His body language is poor- that's something he can alter. His constant rotation is more of a problem as is his assertion that we needed to win Tuesday for our promotion push and the fact we just played hull like there were no tactics at all it must have been a team talk that consisted of " go out there lads and enjoy your selves".

I get the feeling players aren't being motivated and not one of them would run through a brick wall for him - he can't be inspirational in his coaching methods because nobody seems to know what they are doing or where they are playing.
Cooper Out on 23:57 - Feb 14 with 2183 viewsdobjack2

Cooper Out on 23:12 - Feb 14 by TNT

Getting rid is fine Jinx, but you must suggest someone to take us to the next level, mun?

We don’t have to suggest someone else. That is down to the people who appointed him.

He is a rookie manager so I accept he is going to make mistakes.Tactics seem confused, he appears unable to adapt to an opposition change of tactics (inexperience) and tonight apart is reticent to use subs.

I could accept all of that if players were getting better under his coaching performances were improving even if results weren’t there and he appeared to be learning.

However players are going backwards and performances are awful. If it wasn’t for our good start we would be in a relegation fight and deservedly so.

On the evidence so far he is cutting his teeth in coaching and managing at too high a level.
Cooper Out on 04:02 - Feb 15 with 2115 viewsDJack

Cooper Out on 23:24 - Feb 14 by TNT

My answer is, don't change it until you've got a replacement.

Now answer the question: Who would you have as a replacement?

Dobjacks reply later on (above) is worth reading but possibly our first choice is whoever came second to Cooper last time...Or whoever tops the list in the next round as we will allwys attract managers much like all the other clubs do everytime.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cooper Out on 08:48 - Feb 15 with 2009 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 23:12 - Feb 14 by TNT

Getting rid is fine Jinx, but you must suggest someone to take us to the next level, mun?

Hi, how are you doing?

Sorry, to answer your question - not really. It's like sitting down to a bad meal and being asked to choose a new one without seeing the menu! I'm sure there are many up and coming coaches, with some experience of club football, who could not do worse. As I've said before, Rangel (and maybe a Leon combo) may be better, but very high risk. Birch will already be scanning the market no doubt.
Cooper Out on 09:02 - Feb 15 with 1986 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper Out on 23:57 - Feb 14 by dobjack2

We don’t have to suggest someone else. That is down to the people who appointed him.

He is a rookie manager so I accept he is going to make mistakes.Tactics seem confused, he appears unable to adapt to an opposition change of tactics (inexperience) and tonight apart is reticent to use subs.

I could accept all of that if players were getting better under his coaching performances were improving even if results weren’t there and he appeared to be learning.

However players are going backwards and performances are awful. If it wasn’t for our good start we would be in a relegation fight and deservedly so.

On the evidence so far he is cutting his teeth in coaching and managing at too high a level.

It's not just that he isn't learning, it's that he's showing very little interest in doing so and publically commenting to that fact. "We won't change the way we play" has come out a number of times now.

The view of Potter's tenure here is largely sepia toned due to the decent second half we had but even during the rougher periods you could see some basic shapes, ways to play beginning to be bedded in, and that's despite a huge player turnover. There's been none of that with Cooper, and he's had a far more settled squad to work with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper Out on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 1949 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper Out on 09:02 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

It's not just that he isn't learning, it's that he's showing very little interest in doing so and publically commenting to that fact. "We won't change the way we play" has come out a number of times now.

The view of Potter's tenure here is largely sepia toned due to the decent second half we had but even during the rougher periods you could see some basic shapes, ways to play beginning to be bedded in, and that's despite a huge player turnover. There's been none of that with Cooper, and he's had a far more settled squad to work with.

It’s fair to say that if we’d appointed Cooper instead of Potter last season we’d have been playing league one this season. For his faults he did a magnificent job here with both hands tied behind his back. I hope Brighton sack him as I wouldn’t mind seeing him come back, given what we have now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper Out on 10:09 - Feb 15 with 1913 viewsmonmouth

Cooper Out on 08:48 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Hi, how are you doing?

Sorry, to answer your question - not really. It's like sitting down to a bad meal and being asked to choose a new one without seeing the menu! I'm sure there are many up and coming coaches, with some experience of club football, who could not do worse. As I've said before, Rangel (and maybe a Leon combo) may be better, but very high risk. Birch will already be scanning the market no doubt.

No doubt? I doubt the thought of changing the manager has seriously crossed his mind as yet. Until there is serious and sustained fan or player discontent it won’t neither. Beat Hudds and everyone that matters will be singing “fisting time is here again”.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper Out on 10:16 - Feb 15 with 1891 viewsSmellyplumz

I can't belive 41%want to keep him.. Mind boggling.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper Out on 10:20 - Feb 15 with 1882 viewssainthelens

Cooper Out on 10:16 - Feb 15 by Smellyplumz

Innit.
Demon drink has claimed more victims.
Cooper Out on 10:25 - Feb 15 with 1857 viewsjacabertawe

I was one who voted to keep Cooper. That was some time ago.
Unfortunately, there was no facility to give a caveat, e.g. "Until the end of the season" or "If he improves the team significantly". Sacking him at this point would be expensively futile.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Cooper Out on 10:31 - Feb 15 with 1846 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 10:09 - Feb 15 by monmouth

No doubt? I doubt the thought of changing the manager has seriously crossed his mind as yet. Until there is serious and sustained fan or player discontent it won’t neither. Beat Hudds and everyone that matters will be singing “fisting time is here again”.

I disagree. I think it will be crossing his mind, if not already. Suffocating young and old players will not be good for business ultimately, and as far as they are concerned, it is all about the business. That apart, unless we see a change in tactics, performances etc of cosmic proportions (not impossible I suppose), then I don't think anyone in their right mind would unleashed SC on a summer "rebuild", after young loanees return to their clubs, after copious therapy sessions and so on!
Cooper Out on 10:33 - Feb 15 with 1836 viewsSmellyplumz

Cooper Out on 10:25 - Feb 15 by jacabertawe

I was one who voted to keep Cooper. That was some time ago.
Unfortunately, there was no facility to give a caveat, e.g. "Until the end of the season" or "If he improves the team significantly". Sacking him at this point would be expensively futile.

What's the point of keeping him till the end of the season? Our season is done, start the rebuild now. They won't of course because we can't afford to so we will continue to suffer this fraud.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper Out on 10:37 - Feb 15 with 1829 viewsLuther27

Cooper Out on 10:33 - Feb 15 by Smellyplumz

What's the point of keeping him till the end of the season? Our season is done, start the rebuild now. They won't of course because we can't afford to so we will continue to suffer this fraud.

Probably to save a few pounds in redundancy
Cooper Out on 10:40 - Feb 15 with 1820 viewsswan65split

Cooper Out on 23:57 - Feb 14 by dobjack2

If he is left to continue into next season, with a bunch of newcomers, I fear this current form will be continued, last night was actually the first time I have witnessed him and Marsh in conversation on the line during a game!
Cooper Out on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 1814 viewsswan65split

Bow has a lot to answer for!
Cooper Out on 10:47 - Feb 15 with 1788 viewsSwansea93

Ian Mitchelmore
@IanMitchelmore
· 13 Feb
Looking solely at September to now, Swansea would be 19th. Cooper's men are the lowest scorers in this period. 12 of their 37 league goals came in August. They averaged exactly two goals per game in that month, but just shy of one per game since. #Swans

7 wins in the last 30 games, how luck is he to still have a job.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:50]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper Out on 10:50 - Feb 15 with 1774 viewsunion_jack

Cooper Out on 08:48 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Hi, how are you doing?

How practical it is I don’t know, but I really think Rangel would be a good choice. He’s been here, done it and got the t-shirt, he’d command respect and I think (but don’t know) he’s got the tactical nous to play ‘our way’.

I’d love him to have a go but he may be reluctant as I’ve said before.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cooper Out on 10:59 - Feb 15 with 1754 viewsJackfath

Cooper Out on 10:50 - Feb 15 by union_jack

How practical it is I don’t know, but I really think Rangel would be a good choice. He’s been here, done it and got the t-shirt, he’d command respect and I think (but don’t know) he’s got the tactical nous to play ‘our way’.

I’d love him to have a go but he may be reluctant as I’ve said before.

I wonder who would be Angel's number 2? Alan Tate?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cooper Out on 11:12 - Feb 15 with 1733 viewsSwansea93

Cooper Out on 10:59 - Feb 15 by Jackfath

Hasn't our form gone downhill since Tate came up into the 1st team?

Cooper Out on 11:14 - Feb 15 with 1725 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 10:59 - Feb 15 by Jackfath

Leon? Move over Clough/Taylor eh.
Cooper Out on 11:22 - Feb 15 with 1700 viewssainthelens

Bit of sense now yeah....whoever comes in needs to have had experience of at least managing a club. Minimum requirement.
Cooper Out on 11:30 - Feb 15 with 1671 viewsSwansea93

Cooper Out on 11:22 - Feb 15 by sainthelens

Bit of sense now yeah....whoever comes in needs to have had experience of at least managing a club. Minimum requirement.

Javi Gracia

Cooper Out on 12:14 - Feb 15 with 1619 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 11:22 - Feb 15 by sainthelens

Yes you're probably right, especially after this particularly raw experience. There have been examples mind you, where ex players step straight into coaching roles with some success - no 2's too, but not for us re Clement. I just get the feeling Rangel has so many qualities that we need - I listed them on a previous post so won't churn that up again. It's the identity that we need, and Potter got that. Cooper doesn't, sadly, I don't think.

Genuine question SH - would you take Rangel right now over Cooper? I would!
Cooper Out on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 1585 viewssainthelens

Cooper Out on 12:14 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Yes you're probably right, especially after this particularly raw experience. There have been examples mind you, where ex players step straight into coaching roles with some success - no 2's too, but not for us re Clement. I just get the feeling Rangel has so many qualities that we need - I listed them on a previous post so won't churn that up again. It's the identity that we need, and Potter got that. Cooper doesn't, sadly, I don't think.

Genuine question SH - would you take Rangel right now over Cooper? I would!

Again , realistically that wont happen. But no I wouldn't. That doesn't mean I'm happy to have Cooper here any longer.
Leon has same outlook ( I'm guessing) as Rangel , and none of us would want Leon as full time boss. Curt,Tatey and Leon are legends here, they've all flirted with coaching etc and none have looked comfortable tbh.
Cooper Out on 12:54 - Feb 15 with 1567 viewsunion_jack

Cooper Out on 12:49 - Feb 15 by sainthelens

Again , realistically that wont happen. But no I wouldn't. That doesn't mean I'm happy to have Cooper here any longer.
Leon has same outlook ( I'm guessing) as Rangel , and none of us would want Leon as full time boss. Curt,Tatey and Leon are legends here, they've all flirted with coaching etc and none have looked comfortable tbh.

I just think Rangel has a bit more about him. It’s no more than a hunch but there are some intangibles there that I believe will make him a good manager.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024