Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 17:07 - Dec 29 with 6929 views34dfgdf54

He has completely lost the dressing room.

As I said in another thread, we are stuck with him as we won’t be able to afford a pay off, this is worrying times despite where we are in the league at the moment.

To not use all of your subs at home when your chasing a goal, especially when you have a £14m striker on the bench, did someone refuse to come on? I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.
Cooper on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 1527 viewsjack247

Cooper on 17:57 - Dec 29 by jack247

If we had proper owners, his job would be under threat by now. That said, if we had proper owners, he’d be able to select a functioning midfield.

He doesn’t bring any invention and we are utterly predictable. I don’t think Leon, Curtis, Tate or whoever would do a much worse job and they may just fire the players up a bit. If it looked like he was improving individuals or doing anything tactically, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, but it’s just hope for the best football every week.

Someone (Badlands?) said he reminded them of Bob Bradley a few weeks ago and I laughed at them. Whoever that was, I apologise.

Badlands - I don’t mind a down arrow at all, especially from Mart, but I was agreeing with you there.
Cooper on 18:37 - Dec 29 with 1494 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper on 18:28 - Dec 29 by Dewi1jack

64% pass completion.
Offside at our corner.
Hospital passing at times.
Little off the ball movement.

Training ground flooded is it?

I really can't understand why we don't just hit the fecking ball, instead of fannying around with sideways passing on the edge of opponents penalty area. It's no good trying to score the perfect goal when we rarely score anyway.
Cooper on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1441 viewsowainglyndwr

What was his thinking in Routs up front and Celina on the wing ?
Surely the otherway around and he didn't use Baston

I'd like Cooper to explain because something is not right
Cooper on 18:53 - Dec 29 with 1434 viewsmahoss

Too slow in thought and movement.
This league is poor, we should be much better with the forwards we’ve got.
Cooper is not the answer I’m afraid...........
Cooper on 18:57 - Dec 29 with 1401 viewsskettyparkherbert

Cooper on 18:52 - Dec 29 by owainglyndwr

What was his thinking in Routs up front and Celina on the wing ?
Surely the otherway around and he didn't use Baston

I'd like Cooper to explain because something is not right

He needs to answer to the fans after that shite, obviously things going on behind the scenes but the performance by him his staff and the players was piss poor
Cooper on 18:59 - Dec 29 with 1386 viewsmonmouth

Just seen this OP. Agree totally Risca. Fraud.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 1353 viewsmonmouth

Cooper on 18:01 - Dec 29 by cmajack

When he took carroll off why didn't he put Routledge on the wing and celina in his favourite 10 position. Like watching paint dry over there today . When did tom carroll last influence a game , Liverpool away probably and the midfield with fulton and grimes in it is hardly putting the fear into any opposition.

I said at the match that the only people that midfield terrifies, is us!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 19:04]

Cooper on 19:05 - Dec 29 with 1337 viewsmonmouth

Cooper on 18:16 - Dec 29 by Oneill_77

That member, must be some dick believe me.

Why should we believe you, when all you've posted since your very first post totally contradicts everything that we've seen happen on the pitch?

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 19:06 - Dec 29 with 1322 viewsicecoldjack

There s a whole bunch of stuff wrong for me.

To see us play percentage football hitting the channels and long ball rubbish is a regression of mammoth proportions that makes almost every team we play against look better than us !

Imagine that, most playing better football than us ? Cooper would be getting a pass if it wasn't for just one thing, the fact that potters football with mostly the same players was the opposite end of the scale !

So, it's clearly a coaching and tactical thing in my view , we were utterly shapeless today, not for the first time, I personally think he is just a typical British paint by numbers coach who wouldn't know flare or continental football if it bit him on the back side.

The transition of anti football has some scary symmetry
Laudrup - Monk
Potter- Cooper

My worry is that he is destroying young talent not enhancing it, Grimes today, fair play to him he dug in but hes slow in his thinking, ditto Carol, they have no idea where their team mates are on the field, that tells me the coaching isn't helping them, nothing is automatic and as a result we are slow moving the ball with self doubt over riding ability .

I say we fook him off now before he does more damage to the team, only when we go behind we play football, almost reverting to what potter taught them,playing a style that is in spite of cooper not because of him.

It's a shambles quite frankly.
Cooper on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 1303 viewsLeonWasGod

Cooper on 18:59 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Just seen this OP. Agree totally Risca. Fraud.

Not working is it? Not a surprise really as it was a gamble. He’s had the luxury of the cream of English talent to work with before, and not on a day to day basis. This is a whole different world. It reminds me of the optimism we had with Clement at the start; someone with a pedigree in their own way, but not directly experienced and who ultimately came up short.

Potter’s all round leadership and tactical skills get better as each one of Cooper’s games go by. Shame he chose to jump ship.
Cooper on 19:10 - Dec 29 with 1293 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper on 19:06 - Dec 29 by icecoldjack

There s a whole bunch of stuff wrong for me.

To see us play percentage football hitting the channels and long ball rubbish is a regression of mammoth proportions that makes almost every team we play against look better than us !

Imagine that, most playing better football than us ? Cooper would be getting a pass if it wasn't for just one thing, the fact that potters football with mostly the same players was the opposite end of the scale !

So, it's clearly a coaching and tactical thing in my view , we were utterly shapeless today, not for the first time, I personally think he is just a typical British paint by numbers coach who wouldn't know flare or continental football if it bit him on the back side.

Laudrup - Monk
Potter- Cooper

My worry is that he is destroying young talent not enhancing it, Grimes today, fair play to him he dug in but hes slow in his thinking, ditto Carol, they have no idea where their team mates are on the field, that tells me the coaching isn't helping them, nothing is automatic and as a result we are slow moving the ball with self doubt over riding ability .

I say we fook him off now before he does more damage to the team, only when we go behind we play football, almost reverting to what potter taught them,playing a style that is in spite of cooper not because of him.

It's a shambles quite frankly.

Laudrup - Monk
Potter- Cooper
Guidolin - Bradley
Cooper on 19:12 - Dec 29 with 1290 viewsSwansea93

Who would we realistically get now?

Be nice if we convinced Roberto to come back and do double duty
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 19:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper on 19:15 - Dec 29 with 1268 viewsdonnybackspin

I have wasted 2 days of my holiday, Brentford was a bad day especially travelling with a stinking hangover. Then today what a shambles.

Our midfield are hopeless and Cooper hasn't got a clue, can't believe he didnt bring Baston on.

We are going backwards fast and its time for him to go.

Not going to bother going next game.
Cooper on 19:20 - Dec 29 with 1242 viewsLeonWasGod

Cooper on 19:12 - Dec 29 by Swansea93

I’d take Kenny Jackett again now, never mind Bobby!
Cooper on 19:29 - Dec 29 with 1203 views3swan

Have we ever seen the football that Cooper talked about at the start of the season?

Few and very far between, now I'm an old git and have seen a large amount of our football in the lower leagues, but also the 2 era's of rising through the leagues. Those two periods have been great to watch, much of it football played with a smile on the faces.
How things have changed. That's all I want is to see a committed team playing with some sort of passion.
The phrase I've used many times this season is 'players turning up to play', that's all we seem to be getting eleven players and subs turning up to have a bit of a kick about. That has to be down to the manager and training regime.
Now there are scapegoats in the team but I'm sure they would all step up a bit if we were playing as a team and not individuals.
We are going backwards game by game, with close to 10 players out of contract and the loan players leaving at the end of the season, what will next season bring? based on our downward spiral a relegation battle.
It's a league where teams are beating each other and still wide open. An upward change in performances could bring hope for next season.

But the thought for now is

I think we’ve run out of polyfiller and paper to cover the ever widening cracks.
Cooper on 19:32 - Dec 29 with 1188 viewsicecoldjack

I doubt the Belguim FA would go for that, Bobby isn't stupid though, he'd know from a quick phone call to Britton what the inside story is at the club and stay clear.

As for who will want the job, I suspect fookin' loads of people, the only problem is that our yank owners are in the business of bleeding the club not investing in making it better, that's why we had Cooper, a failed cheap gamble, maybe his compo payout is peanuts and there is a plan that's pretty wishful think though!
Cooper on 19:35 - Dec 29 with 1163 viewsCopaMundial

How deluded are you mate, do you really think that Martinez would return to a struggling cash strapped club, his next move will undoubtedly be to a major European Club not some basket case of a championship club.
Cooper on 19:42 - Dec 29 with 1114 viewsDarran

What does lost the dressing room actually mean?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cooper on 19:43 - Dec 29 with 1112 viewsjacabertawe

Cooper did a good interview!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leon-britton-lifts-li

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Cooper on 19:44 - Dec 29 with 1111 viewsmonmouth

Cooper on 19:29 - Dec 29 by 3swan

Have we ever seen the football that Cooper talked about at the start of the season?

Few and very far between, now I'm an old git and have seen a large amount of our football in the lower leagues, but also the 2 era's of rising through the leagues. Those two periods have been great to watch, much of it football played with a smile on the faces.
How things have changed. That's all I want is to see a committed team playing with some sort of passion.
The phrase I've used many times this season is 'players turning up to play', that's all we seem to be getting eleven players and subs turning up to have a bit of a kick about. That has to be down to the manager and training regime.
Now there are scapegoats in the team but I'm sure they would all step up a bit if we were playing as a team and not individuals.
We are going backwards game by game, with close to 10 players out of contract and the loan players leaving at the end of the season, what will next season bring? based on our downward spiral a relegation battle.
It's a league where teams are beating each other and still wide open. An upward change in performances could bring hope for next season.

But the thought for now is

I think we’ve run out of polyfiller and paper to cover the ever widening cracks.

Yes, the players and fans are not enjoying this shit one bit.

Cooper on 19:44 - Dec 29 with 1102 viewsWarwickHunt

Cooper on 19:10 - Dec 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Laudrup - Monk
Potter- Cooper
Guidolin - Bradley

Potter would probably have gone regardless - the Monk and Bradley appointments were the height of stupidity.
Cooper on 19:51 - Dec 29 with 1053 viewsmonmouth

Cooper on 19:42 - Dec 29 by Darran

For me? The players don't really believe in what he is asking them to do, and won't take resposibility to deviate by playing what's in front of them. Then they can't be 'blamed'. So they do it, but without any conviction. You can see it on the pitch, they try to do the same pre programmed crap no matter what the opposition do. There was 30 yards of empty space in the midfield at some points today while we had 4 men in our own penalty box closely marked and still passed to them before hoofing it downfield back to the opposition. It's garbage.

Reflecting as I'm writing, I don't know if that is losing the dressing room or highly paid 'professionals' being cowardly sacless lumps of shit to be truthful.

Cooper on 19:51 - Dec 29 with 1051 viewsDarran

Cooper on 19:44 - Dec 29 by WarwickHunt

Potter would probably have gone regardless - the Monk and Bradley appointments were the height of stupidity.

And Koeman didn’t even have an interview.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cooper on 19:52 - Dec 29 with 1044 viewsicecoldjack

I love this bit of bull crap the best .

"It's easy to say you want to play attractive, passing football, but Steve knew and understood the process by which he could get a team to play that way.

"He spoke about how he would structure the sessions, and we are talking about a coach of an excellent calibre and reputation following his excellent work with Liverpool"

Cooper is an obvious bull merchant it seems.
Cooper on 19:54 - Dec 29 with 1020 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 19:42 - Dec 29 by Darran

Players have no respect for him in short.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024