Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) 11:08 - Jan 3 with 39094 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 13:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 1977 viewsthornabyswan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:23 - Jan 5 by Swansea93

I can't imagine Cooper and Marsh being much of an influence, they're like the chuckle brothers.

But in all seriousness Routledge thinks we are heading in the right direction with Cooper.

Maybe after another 12 month contract hardly gping to anything else really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:35 - Jan 5 with 1922 viewsairedale

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:25 - Jan 5 by 3swan

I bet he doesn't he's looking for some sort of role at the end of the season.

I heard he’s joining the coaching staff in charge of ‘Podal Dexterity’.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1906 viewsbuilthjack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:25 - Jan 5 by 3swan

Most of that team should be working in the kiosks in the concourses next game, making tea etc.
Not fit to be on a football pitch.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1864 views3swan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:36 - Jan 5 by builthjack

Most of that team should be working in the kiosks in the concourses next game, making tea etc.

Won't need many for the lower crowds.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:42 - Jan 5 with 1836 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:23 - Jan 5 by Swansea93

I can't imagine Cooper and Marsh being much of an influence, they're like the chuckle brothers.

But in all seriousness Routledge thinks we are heading in the right direction with Cooper.

Players always say that sort of shit. Leon Britton was full of that crap with Bradley if I remember right. They want to be picked/get a contract, plus they never know where he'll end up.

All Cooper needs to say is, 'Obviously no one is happy with what we saw today. We will all be having a full and frank debrief to put this right'. Collective responsibility. Not 'it was them'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:47 - Jan 5 with 1782 viewsdickythorpe

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:36 - Jan 5 by builthjack

All jokes aside Builth, some of these pro's don't understand how privileged they are earning their £1000's a week.
No character or backbone
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:48 - Jan 5 with 1773 views3swan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:42 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Players always say that sort of shit. Leon Britton was full of that crap with Bradley if I remember right. They want to be picked/get a contract, plus they never know where he'll end up.

All Cooper needs to say is, 'Obviously no one is happy with what we saw today. We will all be having a full and frank debrief to put this right'. Collective responsibility. Not 'it was them'.

Not only showing his lack of experience for on pitch but also the need to keep everyone on side. That goes in any walk of life, his work with U17's hasn't given him that experience
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 1766 viewsjojaca

Two 5-1 defeats recently suggest the team is not giving its all to Cooper. I personally can't warm to Cooper, not sure what our style is and seen enough to realise this guy is not long term solution. If we had money to burn, I would sack him and take a chance on someone else.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:02 - Jan 5 with 1667 viewsNotLoyal

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:42 - Jan 5 by monmouth

May be Leon britton should shut the fck up and say nothing, doing himself no favours.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:03 - Jan 5 with 1656 viewsSwanjaxs

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:02 - Jan 5 by NotLoyal

May be Leon britton should shut the fck up and say nothing, doing himself no favours.

Leon will say whatever Birch instructs him to say ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:07 - Jan 5 with 1627 viewslondonlisa2001

Well that was as bad as it gets.

Pointless saying more.

Unlike many, I won’t think ‘ah well, that’s ok then’ if we beat Cardiff. It’s the same mentality as thinking the Welsh rugby team have had a good season just so long as we beat England.

The lack of talent, application, mental strength, fitness on display today was enough to make you weep with frustration. Not least because it was the ground where we won by the same score in a performance that was the diametric opposite to that not that long ago, and you wonder what the hell went so wrong.

Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. What a shambles we have become.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:09 - Jan 5 with 1609 viewsNotLoyal

Yeah, rolling Tate out the door for a start and any other fckr on a free lunch.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:09 - Jan 5 with 1612 viewsTheKirkyLife

Good news, that's almost exactly what he said. I don't think we'll be seeing some of those players in a Swans shirt ever again.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/steve-cooper-i-cant-accept-not-giving-your-all
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:12 - Jan 5 with 1597 viewsDJack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:07 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

Pointless saying more.

Unlike many, I won’t think ‘ah well, that’s ok then’ if we beat Cardiff. It’s the same mentality as thinking the Welsh rugby team have had a good season just so long as we beat England.

The lack of talent, application, mental strength, fitness on display today was enough to make you weep with frustration. Not least because it was the ground where we won by the same score in a performance that was the diametric opposite to that not that long ago, and you wonder what the hell went so wrong.

Spot on but I would note that many on here want to beat C*diff next week for the fabled double. This would be a small consolation in these very troubled times. Me, I don't see us being able to offer up any real threat to do the double even though C*diff seem as much as a joke as we are currently.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:13 - Jan 5 with 1588 viewsswan65split

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:07 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

Pointless saying more.

Cant argue with that..

The next level.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:16 - Jan 5 with 1559 viewsSwanjaxs

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:09 - Jan 5 by TheKirkyLife

Good news, that's almost exactly what he said. I don't think we'll be seeing some of those players in a Swans shirt ever again.

We inevitably will though.

Unfortunately.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:17 - Jan 5 with 1547 viewsswan65split

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:24 - Jan 5 by union_jack

Yet when he defends players after a sh1tshow he gets criticised for not saying it how it is. Can’t win.

I’m not defending him by the way, his coaching is non-existent.

no worries,
to me hes only dealt with Youngsters, now hes dealing with men who have been at a high level of Football for a while,

To me ATM hes struggling, and our defence has been looking vulnerable all season. he has a mountain on his hands, its been said before MONK.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:19 - Jan 5 with 1526 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:12 - Jan 5 by DJack

Spot on but I would note that many on here want to beat C*diff next week for the fabled double. This would be a small consolation in these very troubled times. Me, I don't see us being able to offer up any real threat to do the double even though C*diff seem as much as a joke as we are currently.

Well here's a shocking thought. Maybe we need to lose badly to Cardiff to wake people up' Lisa is right, even though she's depressed the shit out of me. The trajectory and direction of travel is terrible. Despite where we sit in the table now, we are on a slippery slope. All we can hope is that other clubs don't improve so we have a 50 50 in games. QPR thought we were a good team in August, now they contemptuously laughed at us. The only thing that's changed is more Cooper.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:21 - Jan 5 with 1515 viewslifelong

Pointless saying more.

Unfortunately the days of Michu,et al,are now in the distant past and we’ll be lucky to see them ever return.
Whatever Cardiff supporters say about us and we say about them, on the field we are in a similar state..dreadful to watch and going nowhere fast.
There are quite a few supporters I know who have had enough of it, I’m not talking about supporters who have recently been following us but supporters who have been there for the past 50 years.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:26 - Jan 5 with 1477 viewslondonlisa2001

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:12 - Jan 5 by DJack

Yeah, I realise that, and I’d like us to be the team that first does the double as much as anyone.

But it will put a large sticking plaster over a festering wound. In some ways, we’re better to see the wound for what it is so that we can begin to treat it.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 1463 views3swan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:09 - Jan 5 by TheKirkyLife

The thing is we've seen similar performances from our supposedly stronger selection. Maybe not full games but easily 45 mins etc. Cooper has to admit it to himself and stop treating players like kids, the stark reality must be drummed into the players and tempo and commitment should be a given.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:29 - Jan 5 with 1448 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:21 - Jan 5 by lifelong

Unfortunately the days of Michu,et al,are now in the distant past and we’ll be lucky to see them ever return.
Whatever Cardiff supporters say about us and we say about them, on the field we are in a similar state..dreadful to watch and going nowhere fast.
There are quite a few supporters I know who have had enough of it, I’m not talking about supporters who have recently been following us but supporters who have been there for the past 50 years.

There's a reason for that Rog. It doesn't feel like our club anymore. Even through the 70s (Margate anyone?) it felt like a bond between the club and us. Not now. The prem could have been used to strengthen that bond, and it was to start with, when we were all being fooled by a bunch of greedy lying arseholes. I was proud of 'not just another football club'. I believed it. And I believed in it.

The fact they still try and sell that shit makes me want to puke.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:33 - Jan 5 with 1415 viewslondonlisa2001

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:21 - Jan 5 by lifelong

I know many who have had enough. It’s become a chore to go and watch us rather than a pleasure.

Renewals for next season will, I suspect, be shocking if we carry on as we are at the moment.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:34 - Jan 5 with 1405 viewsSwanjaxs

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:26 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, I realise that, and I’d like us to be the team that first does the double as much as anyone.

But it will put a large sticking plaster over a festering wound. In some ways, we’re better to see the wound for what it is so that we can begin to treat it.

And yet we all sit idly by and watch the blood being sucked out of our club.

Protest was attempted this time last year and there wasn't enough that could be arsed.

What will be will be now.

I'd rather hit rock bottom and start again to be honest.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:35 - Jan 5 with 1400 views3swan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:29 - Jan 5 by monmouth

There's a reason for that Rog. It doesn't feel like our club anymore. Even through the 70s (Margate anyone?) it felt like a bond between the club and us. Not now. The prem could have been used to strengthen that bond, and it was to start with, when we were all being fooled by a bunch of greedy lying arseholes. I was proud of 'not just another football club'. I believed it. And I believed in it.

The fact they still try and sell that shit makes me want to puke.

100% even in those dark days I still felt part of the club, with a few seasons exception. Now the gap is getting wider we need maybe 4 wins to stay up, but unless there is some sort of change next season will be one long struggle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024