Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread 19:38 - Jan 6 with 43473 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 11:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:56 - Jan 12 with 2049 viewsdickythorpe

We should have gone for it but we have a manager who doesn't enthuse players or the fans.

It was a fecking derby FFS!!!!!

ROLL THE DICE!!!!!
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:56 - Jan 12 with 2050 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Feels like that’s what we went out looking for, no subs is baffling. Ben Cabango was fantastic though, bar one misplaced pass
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:56 - Jan 12 with 2045 viewsOneill_77

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:54 - Jan 12 by Morganator100

Cabango and Wilmot have done well today, have not put a foot wrong.

Better still, Cabango hung in, didn't lose the plot and grew massively in this game
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:57 - Jan 12 with 2029 viewsMorganator100

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:54 - Jan 12 by A_Fans_Dad

The odd thing is that he did when he first came here, in fact he was considered a bit over adventurous.
Who is training/advising him?

he just seems to be stuck on his goal line. Balls that are easily the keepers are just left causing issues in the box.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:58 - Jan 12 with 1984 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:54 - Jan 12 by Morganator100

Cabango and Wilmot have done well today, have not put a foot wrong.

Indeed. Let's not forget that. Two top defenders. Cabango will become a regular I have not doubt.
Shame for them because, if our manager had any balls, we could have won that one.
As it is a draw is a fair result.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:58 - Jan 12 with 1957 viewstheloneranger

Brewster must wonder what the fvck he's signed into.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:58 - Jan 12 with 1944 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:54 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

He needs a rest for sure.

Yes 3 clean sheets on the bounce fukcing shocking get rid.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:58 - Jan 12 with 1934 viewsOneill_77

Morrison: "we tried to make it hard for them......atleast we didn't lose". Says it all
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:59 - Jan 12 with 1916 viewslifelong

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:58 - Jan 6 by lifelong

Draw game, both sides are crap.

Don’t think this was far off the mark...fecking dreadful second half.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:00 - Jan 12 with 1863 viewsHeadmaster

No subs from Cooper is inexcusable. What the hell is our game plan? We just seem to lump the ball up and give it away, keep it on the floor ffs.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 1827 viewsmonmouth

I'll take the point. I suppose the argument is that a better manager and we get all three. He needs to get his act together. It was so obvious fresh legs were needed.

But we haven't lost to the c*nts this season and stay 4 points in front of them with another away point. It's quite nice to feel disappointed with a point from that piggery.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 1821 viewsicecoldjack

Decent point. 2 crap teams, zero pass and move, poor skills from both teams and a real insight to just how far clubs fall when premier league money and status disappears, in fairness to cardiff they've never been a footballing team anyway, but our lot should have played them off the park.

Looks like we dont practice football anymore, just turgid pai t by numbers stuff that means absolutely any team could boss us around and we have no answer.

Good effort by the boys today, but imo they arnt being coached well enough to improve as players or to play what we have come to expect as our identity as a football club

Potter achieved good football with the same team, what the fook is Coopers excuse ?
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 1806 viewsPentyrchJack

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:58 - Jan 12 by theloneranger

Brewster must wonder what the fvck he's signed into.

.....and playing against grown ups is a big step up too.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 1795 viewslidojack

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:00 - Jan 12 by Headmaster

No subs from Cooper is inexcusable. What the hell is our game plan? We just seem to lump the ball up and give it away, keep it on the floor ffs.

I think "don't lose" was the overriding plan today.
They were there for the taking today and we bottled it.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:02 - Jan 12 with 1740 viewsfelixstowe_jack

5000 emptying seats today.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 1732 viewsMorganator100

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:00 - Jan 12 by Headmaster

I have the feeling our fine start was more due to players playing Potters kind of football.

Cooper instead of going with the flow and adapting his managerial skills has changed the pattern. We are now into Cooper ball and it's not good to watch. We won't lose many games but they will be dull affairs.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 1725 viewsminimichu

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:51 - Jan 12 by Jinxy

Why does a corner given not excite me.

Coz our set piece delivery continues to be a low standard. You’d think we’d have at least one player in the club who can actually deliver something decent on a more regular basis.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:04 - Jan 12 with 1695 viewstheloneranger

One shot on target, out passed C*rdiff by 3 passes 😂, and a pass accuracy of 63% says it all.

WTF is Cooper and Marsh doing on the training ground.

My guess ... Fvck All.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:05 - Jan 12 with 1645 viewsOneill_77

Looking forward to his rationale for no subs. In fairness Routs kept going and he and Naughts drove up the left til the end. Clearly played for the point and didn't want to unbalance the play.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:07 - Jan 12 with 1587 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:59 - Jan 12 by lifelong

Don’t think this was far off the mark...fecking dreadful second half.

Corners were terrible as was Cooper again
No shots on target.
We were crying out for some pace and looled knackered last 20 poor from Cooper again.

On the plus side plenty of commitment and a decent point against a side who have only lost at home once this season.
19 games to go plenty still to play for and with some steel in midfield I think we will make the play offs.

Will we find that player though.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 14:12]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 12 with 1571 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:01 - Jan 12 by icecoldjack

Decent point. 2 crap teams, zero pass and move, poor skills from both teams and a real insight to just how far clubs fall when premier league money and status disappears, in fairness to cardiff they've never been a footballing team anyway, but our lot should have played them off the park.

Looks like we dont practice football anymore, just turgid pai t by numbers stuff that means absolutely any team could boss us around and we have no answer.

Good effort by the boys today, but imo they arnt being coached well enough to improve as players or to play what we have come to expect as our identity as a football club

Potter achieved good football with the same team, what the fook is Coopers excuse ?

I agree. We are not training with the ball it seems to me. It alll about positional sense which could explain our half decent away record and our turgid home one.
We can't play little triangles any more and our free kicks and corners are just about the worst I have seen.
The squad is not good enough, particularly in midfield, but I worry about the level of coaching our players are getting.
It can only get worse as our passing game degenerates if this is the case.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 12 with 1565 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:56 - Jan 12 by Oneill_77

Better still, Cabango hung in, didn't lose the plot and grew massively in this game

Yeah agreed. He's got more developing to do than Joe had, but he did really well to re-focuss and ultimately had a good second half. That defending at the end against Tomlin was superb and could have earnt us a point.

Decent enough game considering. No lack of effort and battle. I just wish we were able to move it around as well as we used to. We're still not really on our game on the ball. Decision making in the final third was pretty poor too - the worse I've seen in a while. We had so many half decent positions and threw them away due mostly to greed - Ayew and Brewster worse offenders.

Attacking set piece training needed this week too!

MOTM for me were the two fullbacks on the saem side of the pitch. Connor for us and Bennet for them.
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 12 with 1562 viewsmonmouth

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:04 - Jan 12 by theloneranger

One shot on target, out passed C*rdiff by 3 passes 😂, and a pass accuracy of 63% says it all.

WTF is Cooper and Marsh doing on the training ground.

My guess ... Fvck All.

It's a derby, away. It was never going to be pretty. We didn't play much football when Emnes goal beat them and none in the return.

The direction of travel though, I agree, is shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 12 with 1549 viewslonglostjack

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:05 - Jan 12 by Oneill_77

Looking forward to his rationale for no subs. In fairness Routs kept going and he and Naughts drove up the left til the end. Clearly played for the point and didn't want to unbalance the play.

By not making a substitution eg. Kalulu for Routs he nearly lost the bloody point. I think the lads earned the point despite Cooper. Completely bizarre.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:09 - Jan 12 with 1531 viewsdobjack2

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:05 - Jan 12 by Oneill_77

Saving on appearance money?

Mystifying - run out of steam, needed subs, scared of losing rather than trying to win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024