Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accounts are out 13:10 - Feb 7 with 18922 viewsDr_Winston

Feel free to believe or not. FWIW it's broadly what I was expecting. James & McBurnie sales gave us some breathing space.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-confirm-latest-accounts

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 19:06 - Feb 7 with 1957 viewsswancity

Accounts are out on 18:46 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

I'd say they're equipped financially as they've make significant investment into their other football club (the one they own entirely and that can't get relegated and lose half its income overnight).

They hired a football man to run the club. It's amazing to see how many Swans fans take exception to the way they're letting him get on with it with no meddling. You just know those same people would be complaining non-stop if Levein and Kaplan were seen wandering the halls pitching in. How dare these clueless yanks interfere with our Leon and Trev's work, innit.

It’s best not to speculate about their dealings elsewhere as we don’t know facts. Undoubtedly they have money tied up in loans with DC Utd but that’s irrelevant if that precludes them from investing in Swansea City. All evidence points to them not being able to or not wanting to devote time here. It’s not their priority and is symptomatic of having fingers in too many pies. Football needs a hands on approach. It’s just not happening.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Accounts are out on 19:08 - Feb 7 with 1950 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 19:06 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

What worries me here, Leon Britton.

Got him to make the statement about buying players in the summer and now this...... More cuts needed.

Looks like they have hung him out to dry.........as I expected.

Human shield.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Accounts are out on 19:09 - Feb 7 with 1950 viewsmonmouth

Accounts are out on 19:06 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

What worries me here, Leon Britton.

Got him to make the statement about buying players in the summer and now this...... More cuts needed.

Looks like they have hung him out to dry.........as I expected.

Are you serious?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Accounts are out on 19:09 - Feb 7 with 1950 viewsmagicdaps10

Accounts are out on 19:05 - Feb 7 by Darran

Have you ever been right?

More times than you would imagine Mr Prosser, just depends on how people wish to look at things.......... Once labelled hey!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Accounts are out on 19:10 - Feb 7 with 1942 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 19:09 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

More times than you would imagine Mr Prosser, just depends on how people wish to look at things.......... Once labelled hey!

👀

Accounts are out on 19:10 - Feb 7 with 1935 viewsmagicdaps10

Accounts are out on 19:09 - Feb 7 by monmouth

Are you serious?

Of course not, I am just having a big fooking laugh about the situation.

Accounts are out on 19:13 - Feb 7 with 1919 viewsOldjack

Is this the cooked version or the pucker one ? and believe me there are many many ways to cook them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Accounts are out on 19:14 - Feb 7 with 1920 viewsmonmouth

Accounts are out on 19:10 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

Of course not, I am just having a big fooking laugh about the situation.

You do know what’s going to happen at the end of this season anyway, yes?

Of course we are going to acquire some players, and of course the outlook next year will remain a financial challenge. What exactly is new to you that’s caused you to freak? I think we are in better shape than I imagined while awaiting more detail.

Login to get fewer ads

Accounts are out on 19:19 - Feb 7 with 1897 viewsmagicdaps10

Accounts are out on 19:14 - Feb 7 by monmouth

You do know what’s going to happen at the end of this season anyway, yes?

Of course we are going to acquire some players, and of course the outlook next year will remain a financial challenge. What exactly is new to you that’s caused you to freak? I think we are in better shape than I imagined while awaiting more detail.

To answer your 2 questions.

1. I have not got a crystal ball.

2.Nothing has caused me to freak, if the accounts had included the Mcburnie sale then you could have asked that question.

I look forward to this summer with hope.

Accounts are out on 19:29 - Feb 7 with 1875 viewsGaryjack

Accounts are out on 18:28 - Feb 7 by Darran

So I was right all along then? There are some unhappy investors across the pond.

Dar, these people haven't exactly ploughed their live savings into the Swans ya know. Take Mindy as an example. She has a net worth of $24m, and most of her investments would be in large corporate companies like Amazon or Microsoft where she will over time see a massive return on her investment, it's no big deal to her if she takes a chance and puts a say $200k investment into a premier league football club in the hope of a small return in a couple of years. If it pays off great! She's made a little money on a small investment, if it doesn't then she probably wont give a shite as her overall investments have made her a decent profit.
That without doubt goes for the other investors. It's like shoving a pound on a 100/1 horse who comes in last, but putting £2k on the favourite who romps home. That's basically the way people invest.
Accounts are out on 19:30 - Feb 7 with 1873 viewsmonmouth

Accounts are out on 19:19 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

To answer your 2 questions.

1. I have not got a crystal ball.

2.Nothing has caused me to freak, if the accounts had included the Mcburnie sale then you could have asked that question.

I look forward to this summer with hope.

Contracts dear boy, contracts. There’s a number of expensive ones ending, Our biggest challenge will be getting shot of Ayew. If possible for a fee. Then we have a chance of building a genuine new team. Nice as he is to have in the team, he’s just killing us financially. Selling Rodon, unfortunately, may also be necessary. I assume we have a longer term option on Guehi to cover that. There will surely be incomings, or we’ll hardly be able to turn out a team. The quality may depend on Ayew’s position. But I wouldn’t worry too much about Leon Britton.

Accounts are out on 19:31 - Feb 7 with 1862 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 19:29 - Feb 7 by Garyjack

Dar, these people haven't exactly ploughed their live savings into the Swans ya know. Take Mindy as an example. She has a net worth of $24m, and most of her investments would be in large corporate companies like Amazon or Microsoft where she will over time see a massive return on her investment, it's no big deal to her if she takes a chance and puts a say $200k investment into a premier league football club in the hope of a small return in a couple of years. If it pays off great! She's made a little money on a small investment, if it doesn't then she probably wont give a shite as her overall investments have made her a decent profit.
That without doubt goes for the other investors. It's like shoving a pound on a 100/1 horse who comes in last, but putting £2k on the favourite who romps home. That's basically the way people invest.

What about the rest of them?

Accounts are out on 19:33 - Feb 7 with 1851 viewsGaryjack

Accounts are out on 19:31 - Feb 7 by Darran

What about the rest of them?

As i said, that probably goes for the rest of them.
Accounts are out on 19:33 - Feb 7 with 1843 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 19:33 - Feb 7 by Garyjack

As i said, that probably goes for the rest of them.

But you don’t know and some could be unhappy yeah?

Accounts are out on 19:37 - Feb 7 with 1829 viewsdobjack2

Accounts are out on 18:25 - Feb 7 by Dr_Winston

Why don't you tweet Mindy Kaling and ask her? (if you're allowed now).

I would imagine some might be unhappy, others might not be that bothered. Depends how much they put in.

Investments don't always pay off. Sometimes people lose the money they put into investments. A statement that would appear to be fairly obvious yet somehow has to be repeated time and again.

We could even be the football version of the Charlestown Chiefs in Slap Shot
Accounts are out on 19:38 - Feb 7 with 1827 viewsGaryjack

Accounts are out on 19:33 - Feb 7 by Darran

But you don’t know and some could be unhappy yeah?

No one knows, but the common sense in me leads me to the conclusion that none of them would be that bothered, and Kaplan and Levein wont be wearing concrete boots down in Hudson Bay anytime soon.
Accounts are out on 19:40 - Feb 7 with 1815 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 19:38 - Feb 7 by Garyjack

No one knows, but the common sense in me leads me to the conclusion that none of them would be that bothered, and Kaplan and Levein wont be wearing concrete boots down in Hudson Bay anytime soon.

Oh.

Accounts are out on 19:48 - Feb 7 with 1802 viewsSmellyplumz

Accounts are out on 19:38 - Feb 7 by Garyjack

That's a shame

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Accounts are out on 20:06 - Feb 7 with 1761 viewsPentyrchJack

Birch should publish the accounts on the club website in the interests of transparency. He won't because they want to hide amortisation and interest charged to the accounts.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Accounts are out on 20:20 - Feb 7 with 1735 viewsPozuelosSideys

Given the amount that was spent on shite in the PL in the last couple of seasons, plus the stupid amount of bunce spent on the wage bill (around 90% of income wasnt it?) in that division, plus all the contracts which we were still paying PL wages in the championship, i think we look to be in a pretty good position - at least better than expected.

It helps that we are still a top half/Play off team and havent completly tanked off the face of the earth a la Sunderland - which should have been our biggest fear. Lucky we had James and Olly around. The Academy/U23 coming up dividends. Can you imagine the hole we would be in if we didnt have those two players come through like they did? We would be down £40m and potentially forced to send out players on loan (Ayew) whilst still paying chunks of their salaries

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Accounts are out on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 1715 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just sell us to the rich Arabs ......

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Accounts are out on 21:44 - Feb 7 with 1611 viewsmajorraglan

Accounts are out on 19:37 - Feb 7 by dobjack2

We could even be the football version of the Charlestown Chiefs in Slap Shot

Good film that. These brothers were radio rental.
Accounts are out on 21:53 - Feb 7 with 1597 viewsAngelRangelQS

Accounts are out on 19:01 - Feb 7 by Darran

Wouldn’t you be unhappy if you’d invested in something and hadn’t had a return then?

The investors have probably all given money to some sort of financial advisor who has put their money into lots of different ventures. I bet they don’t know what they’ve invested in. As long as they’re making money overall, I doubt they care about a few losses here and there.
Accounts are out on 22:19 - Feb 7 with 1558 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 21:53 - Feb 7 by AngelRangelQS

The investors have probably all given money to some sort of financial advisor who has put their money into lots of different ventures. I bet they don’t know what they’ve invested in. As long as they’re making money overall, I doubt they care about a few losses here and there.

Well many of them have been named as investing in Swansea City in the past and if they have no idea through statements/correspondence etc of where their money has been invested there’s something chronically wrong with them,if they aren’t receiving statements/correspondence etc of where their money has been invested there’s also fraud being committed.

Accounts are out on 22:53 - Feb 7 with 1519 viewsswan65split

Accounts are out on 16:57 - Feb 7 by AngelRangelQS

Where has the money gone?

- Transfer fees on absolute crap
- Bony’s ridiculous wages - £80,000 a year is over £4m
- Ayew’s ridiculous wages - as above
- Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Nordfeldt, Carroll, Baston, VDH probably on at least £7m or £8m a year between them. Fer, Olsson... you can probably call that another £2m
- Paying the other 20odd players on the books
- Paying for the academy
- Manager and coaching staff costs
- The general costs of running a business of our size.

Not sure why people have such a tough time believing the money hasn’t gone somewhere suspicious

dont forget the pay offs for the crap Managers and hanger on staff that was recruited and fired
Yes made a lot during his time did conk!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024