Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play offs 21:39 - Feb 12 with 3746 viewsTenbySwan

After tonight now 6 points off playoffs ( and Bristol City in 7th) and 2 points behind Cardiff.
Play offs on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 915 viewsVincent_Vega

Play offs on 12:42 - Feb 13 by bennytheblue

Rarely happens.

No rule against it so its more possible than ever is my point

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Play offs on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 898 viewsAngelRangelQS

Play offs on 12:54 - Feb 13 by westwalesed

I'm not interested in the Play Offs right now, we won't get there. I would be delighted if we did but we won't.

What I'm more interested in is that Cooper seems to be falling into the trap of believing his own delusions around the state of the team. I suspect he's not very bright.

He’s typical of the “straight off the coaching academy” style of manager.

It’s all buzz words.

Rodgers was much the same apart from being much, much better.
Play offs on 13:58 - Feb 13 with 890 viewsMattG

Play offs on 21:45 - Feb 12 by monmouth

Seriously? Who cares. We just need to pack this ridiculous delusion in. Of course we are not going up. We are unlikely to be top half. The sooner the sham that it might happen is forgotten the less painful it will get. We are like the undead at the moment, wailing in the graveyard waiting for the ugly imposter to drive a final stake through our heart.

I do take your point but to forget it risks also losing sight of the fact that it should have been a genuine possibility.

In August, this squad (perhaps arguably a weaker squad without Brewster / Gallagher / Guehi) showed it could play. Now, with an arguably stronger squad we are boring, toothless and looking nowhere but downwards.

Give up the delusion, by all means, but don't forget why it was there in the first place.
Play offs on 14:28 - Feb 13 with 865 viewsmonmouth

Play offs on 13:58 - Feb 13 by MattG

I do take your point but to forget it risks also losing sight of the fact that it should have been a genuine possibility.

In August, this squad (perhaps arguably a weaker squad without Brewster / Gallagher / Guehi) showed it could play. Now, with an arguably stronger squad we are boring, toothless and looking nowhere but downwards.

Give up the delusion, by all means, but don't forget why it was there in the first place.

I'm sick of the disappointment of hoping that things will change to be honest Matt. It's like consistently asking someone to kick you in the nuts week after week and thinking, maybe they won't kick me this week but buy me a beer instead. Nope.....thwack.

This bloke is a total muppet. I don't think the team is good enough to outplay the likes of Leeds, Fulham, Brentford, WBA in a straight shoot out, but I do think they are better than he is making them look and should have a fighting chance of giving them a game based on skill, movement and incisive passing. But they'll never get that back now, hes 'trained' it out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Play offs on 14:56 - Feb 13 with 852 viewsWhiterockin

Lets just face it we are just not good enough. Cooper has taken a decent bunch of players and made them worse. We lose most of our squad in the summer, who in their right mind would come to play for us with Cooper in charge. Lose Friday and he has to go.

Edit. He has to go even if we win on Friday.
Play offs on 15:51 - Feb 13 with 828 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Play offs on 08:39 - Feb 13 by Vincent_Vega

same three get relegated next season in the prem as get promoted this season me thinks

People said that this season too!
Play offs on 16:37 - Feb 13 with 806 viewsDewi1jack

Play offs on 08:39 - Feb 13 by Vincent_Vega

same three get relegated next season in the prem as get promoted this season me thinks

Personally I reckon West Brum and Fulham will stay up.
It's whoever else goes up will be the whipping boys, much like Cardelona were on their 2 attempts at life in the top division

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Play offs on 19:47 - Feb 13 with 763 viewsMattG

Play offs on 14:28 - Feb 13 by monmouth

I'm sick of the disappointment of hoping that things will change to be honest Matt. It's like consistently asking someone to kick you in the nuts week after week and thinking, maybe they won't kick me this week but buy me a beer instead. Nope.....thwack.

This bloke is a total muppet. I don't think the team is good enough to outplay the likes of Leeds, Fulham, Brentford, WBA in a straight shoot out, but I do think they are better than he is making them look and should have a fighting chance of giving them a game based on skill, movement and incisive passing. But they'll never get that back now, hes 'trained' it out.

It's always the hope that kills you.

My point was just that we shouldn't let Cooper off the hook by accepting that the play-offs were never really a genuine possibility.
Login to get fewer ads

Play offs on 10:30 - Feb 14 with 678 viewsJinxy

Play offs on 19:47 - Feb 13 by MattG

It's always the hope that kills you.

My point was just that we shouldn't let Cooper off the hook by accepting that the play-offs were never really a genuine possibility.

I asked a question at the AGM regarding the Americans' ambition, specifically relating/linking to the transfer window, promotion, academy and sale. I hastened to add I don't mind what league we're in, as long as the quality is good. Anyway, the gut feeling was that they don't really have any. No surprise there. However, I bet Birch has been observing the downward spiral of performances, and lack of ideas and reaction from SC with increasing unease and frustration, because he will know we have missed several opportunities through our own (un)doing.

As has been said, this squad has far more quality than is currently on show (new faces are not necessarily the answer - I suspect they'd be dragged down too, eg Gallagher). If, as I suspect, we'll meander towards a mid-table finish, then Birch may well roll the dice and get someone in at season end with some ideas re dynamic tactics (ie change them when needed!), proven training regimes, man management and so on. I would, and hope he does tbh.
Play offs on 11:13 - Feb 14 with 634 views34dfgdf54

Play offs on 10:30 - Feb 14 by Jinxy

I asked a question at the AGM regarding the Americans' ambition, specifically relating/linking to the transfer window, promotion, academy and sale. I hastened to add I don't mind what league we're in, as long as the quality is good. Anyway, the gut feeling was that they don't really have any. No surprise there. However, I bet Birch has been observing the downward spiral of performances, and lack of ideas and reaction from SC with increasing unease and frustration, because he will know we have missed several opportunities through our own (un)doing.

As has been said, this squad has far more quality than is currently on show (new faces are not necessarily the answer - I suspect they'd be dragged down too, eg Gallagher). If, as I suspect, we'll meander towards a mid-table finish, then Birch may well roll the dice and get someone in at season end with some ideas re dynamic tactics (ie change them when needed!), proven training regimes, man management and so on. I would, and hope he does tbh.

<< Birch may well roll the dice and get someone in at season end with some ideas re dynamic tactics (ie change them when needed!), proven training regimes, man management and so on. I would, and hope he does tbh. >>

Can't see it, I've mentioned it on here before, Birch has said even if results went awry he was going to stick with Cooper due to his experience of managing younger players and the ideas he put forward during the interview stage. I find that a very, very scary prospect.
Play offs on 11:19 - Feb 14 with 621 viewsNotLoyal

Play offs on 11:13 - Feb 14 by 34dfgdf54

<< Birch may well roll the dice and get someone in at season end with some ideas re dynamic tactics (ie change them when needed!), proven training regimes, man management and so on. I would, and hope he does tbh. >>

Can't see it, I've mentioned it on here before, Birch has said even if results went awry he was going to stick with Cooper due to his experience of managing younger players and the ideas he put forward during the interview stage. I find that a very, very scary prospect.

The only reason he is going to stick with him is the same reason they stuck with Jenkins.
Young players unearthed, huge profits made.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Play offs on 11:23 - Feb 14 with 618 viewsJinxy

Grimly, I fear you both may be right. I don't think even a 0-3 win tonight would lift my scepticism.
Play offs on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 537 viewsLeonWasGod

Play offs on 21:45 - Feb 12 by monmouth

Seriously? Who cares. We just need to pack this ridiculous delusion in. Of course we are not going up. We are unlikely to be top half. The sooner the sham that it might happen is forgotten the less painful it will get. We are like the undead at the moment, wailing in the graveyard waiting for the ugly imposter to drive a final stake through our heart.

We've suspected a continued slump for ages, once we got past that unexpected good start. I'd say the slide has been pretty much inevitable (and we'll slide further).

But, weirdly, I've found it fascinating to see it all unravel pretty much as expected. Like watching a train crash in slow motion knowing you can do nothing to stop it or warn anyone. Odd I know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024