Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432546 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:13 - Apr 19 with 2461 viewsCaptain_Sham

Watching "Contagion" on Netflix. Spooky.

Its just a ride.

Corona Virus on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 2449 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 20:13 - Apr 19 by Captain_Sham

Watching "Contagion" on Netflix. Spooky.

Watched it a few days ago. Whoever did the research for the film did a great job.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 00:11 - Apr 20 with 2312 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 20:00 - Apr 19 by DJack

Whoever the PM is, they're often not needed at COBRA meetings except for any crisis...I'm thinking the global pandemic is a crisis.

Edit, as I used their not they're and I almost fcked up my edit...twice.

My spelling/grammer is fcking awful during this crisis...more awful than usual.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 0:17]

Absolutely should have been there, COBRA only convenes when there’s major issues and if he’s not attended on account of a tennis match its disgraceful. Something like COVID19 would require the big hitters at the table and the man who leads the country should have been there.
Corona Virus on 19:31 - Apr 20 with 2043 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 00:11 - Apr 20 by majorraglan

Absolutely should have been there, COBRA only convenes when there’s major issues and if he’s not attended on account of a tennis match its disgraceful. Something like COVID19 would require the big hitters at the table and the man who leads the country should have been there.

Was his tennis partner a wealthy Russian with suspected links to their security services again? When will that report on election interference be published?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 19:35 - Apr 20 with 2036 viewsmonmouth

Whoever the PM is, they're often not needed at COBRA meetings except for any crisis...I'm thinking the global pandemic is a crisis.

? I thought COBRA only met for emergencies. If a PM isn't needed at that time, they can't be needed at all.

Brown was at every one for the foot and mouth outbreak.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 19:37 - Apr 20 with 2028 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:35 - Apr 20 by monmouth

? I thought COBRA only met for emergencies. If a PM isn't needed at that time, they can't be needed at all.

When Blair was PM.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 2015 viewsDr_Winston

Not generally. Depends on the nature of the crisis. Depends on the Prime Minister too I suppose.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/cobr-cobra

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Apr 20 with 1951 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Anyone want some oil?

American producers are now paying people to take it off their hands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52350082

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 1864 viewswestside

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/what-happened-when-healthcare-workers-confr

nuts in yankland
Corona Virus on 21:41 - Apr 20 with 1863 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 19:42 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Not generally. Depends on the nature of the crisis. Depends on the Prime Minister too I suppose.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/cobr-cobra

But this is one of the biggest issues and threats to the country’s well being in decades, he should have been there.
Corona Virus on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 1842 viewsmajorraglan

One of the papers commented on Brown yesterday about not Chairing COBRA meetings trying to make political capital, however what was apparent was that he was at the meetings. Compare that to Boris who didn’t even go.
Corona Virus on 22:12 - Apr 20 with 1802 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Anyone want some oil?

American producers are now paying people to take it off their hands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52350082

Saudi Russia

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 22:53 - Apr 20 with 1755 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 19:37 - Apr 20 by exiledclaseboy

When Blair was PM.

The excuse for Boris is bollocks. Confirmed.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 23:15 - Apr 20 with 1724 viewsPentyrchJack

Terrible news today about a former school friend of mine, from Pontarddulaus, being the first paramedic in Wales to die from the virus. A top bloke and did loads of voluntary work for St John too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52360360

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Apr 20 with 1715 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 23:15 - Apr 20 by PentyrchJack

Terrible news today about a former school friend of mine, from Pontarddulaus, being the first paramedic in Wales to die from the virus. A top bloke and did loads of voluntary work for St John too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52360360

Saw it earlier on the BBC, terrible news. Today’s news feed on their website festered what seemed to be a very high number of deaths amongst healthcare professionals.

May they RIP.
Corona Virus on 00:08 - Apr 21 with 1668 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Apr 20 by majorraglan

Saw it earlier on the BBC, terrible news. Today’s news feed on their website festered what seemed to be a very high number of deaths amongst healthcare professionals.

May they RIP.

Very sad, and relevant to this thread. Don’t let it stop you using it as a vehicle for your hate though.
Corona Virus on 07:38 - Apr 21 with 1545 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 23:15 - Apr 20 by PentyrchJack

Very sad. It does bring it home when it happens to someone you know.
Being a paramedic has to be one of the most difficult jobs there is. RIP.
Corona Virus on 12:24 - Apr 21 with 1418 viewsOldjack

WTF is going on ? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/20/exclusivemillions-pieces-ppe-shipped

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 12:39 - Apr 21 with 1391 viewssP7qupUf

Corona Virus on 12:24 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

WTF is going on ? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/20/exclusivemillions-pieces-ppe-shipped

I don't think our government have a clue what is going on. Turkish shipment was arriving on Sunday afternoon. Still not here.
Corona Virus on 12:43 - Apr 21 with 1387 viewsAce_Jack

Land of the free, home of the terminally effing stupid.

Corona Virus on 13:05 - Apr 21 with 1349 viewschad

Makes you proud of our nation. Egalitarianism at it highest, true European spirit, unlike others who with the old spirit of they shall not pass, put them on lockdown for themselves

Although WTF also fair comment.
Corona Virus on 13:11 - Apr 21 with 1338 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 12:43 - Apr 21 by Ace_Jack

Land of the free, home of the terminally effing stupid.

Only in America ,the national guard will be called out if this crap carries on

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 13:24 - Apr 21 with 1321 viewskarnataka

WTF is going on? This is WTF has been going on for a while:-

Notes on 2 interviews about a month ago re: PPE

24 March 2020: BBC journalist Victoria Derbyshire speaks to the director of a UK company that makes protective equipment who says it is exporting all over the world but hasn’t had orders from the UK Government. “We actually offered our services [to the UK Government] when this first happened and unfortunately our services wasn’t taken up, but the rest of the world did take it up”, the director notes.

25 March 2020: BBC Newsnight interviews Andrew Raynor, CEO of a ventilator manufacturer. “You got in touch with the Government as soon as they put out the call for help a few weeks ago. What happened then?” asks journalist Emily Maitlis. “Nothing quite honestly”, the CEO replies.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 13:26]
Corona Virus on 13:24 - Apr 21 with 1320 viewsAce_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:11 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

Only in America ,the national guard will be called out if this crap carries on

Well thats just it innit. It's encroachment of a tyrannical government. Its the reason gun sales have rocketed, not because these feckless mouthbreathers think they can shoot a virus.

It's gonna be interesting to see if these protests contribute to an upswing in coronavirus cases in the next fortnight. One symptomless carrier in those crowds could do a lot of damage.
Corona Virus on 13:27 - Apr 21 with 1801 viewschad

I would agree a global pandemic is a crises, but Before being admitted to hospital did Boris actually miss any COBRA meetings during the global pandemic? Off the top of my head I would say no. I think at the time Boris missed the meetings the threat was adjudged to be low to moderate as the consensus from their expert advisors, and a global pandemic had not been declared. Of course other scientists had different views but we have already discussed that at length. There was also serious flooding around that time and the conclusion of the EU departure.

From a Guardian article ...

Gove’s comments:

“Most Cobra meetings don’t have the prime minister attending them,” Gove said. “That is the whole point.” Cobra meetings were “led by the relevant secretary of state in the relevant area”, he argued.

“Whoever is chairing those meetings reports to the prime minister. The prime minister is aware of all of these decisions and takes some of those decisions. You can take a single fact, wrench it out of context, whip it up in order to create a j’accuse narrative. But that is not fair reporting.”

Guardian’s comment:

Gove is correct in that prime ministers do not always, or even routinely, chair Cobra meetings. But it is common for them to do so during a major crisis.

(Which this had not been identified as, by the scientific advisors, during that period, nor had it been declared a global pandemic by WHO)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024