Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437260 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 00:25 - Apr 19 with 2252 viewswestside

Corona Virus on 21:30 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

Sunday Times are reporting tonight .....

‘Boris Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on the virus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists’ warnings fell on deaf ears

Failings in February may have cost thousands of lives’ ....

Not fit to govern.

In The independent

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-cobra-m
Corona Virus on 00:25 - Apr 19 with 2252 viewsNeathJack

Hit piece in Murdoch's Sunday Times today on Johnson and his inept handling of CV19. Even Peston sticking the boot in. He'll be gone by the end of next week "on medical grounds".
Corona Virus on 00:38 - Apr 19 with 2231 viewslifelong

Can’t stop thinking about the 7 year old boy from Cardiff who has lost his Mother and Grandmother to the virus with his father in a bad way in hospital fighting it....horrendous.
Corona Virus on 01:40 - Apr 19 with 2171 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Apr 18 by chad

Absolutely tragic

Aye and unfortunately there is a lot more of this to come.

Pain and heartache to come to us all. From stardust to stardust...keep shining all.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 06:54 - Apr 19 with 2092 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 00:25 - Apr 19 by NeathJack

Hit piece in Murdoch's Sunday Times today on Johnson and his inept handling of CV19. Even Peston sticking the boot in. He'll be gone by the end of next week "on medical grounds".

Still going to jail though.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 07:44 - Apr 19 with 2065 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 00:25 - Apr 19 by westside

In The independent

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-cobra-m

Pretty explosive piece here too, it's old but still stands, sorry if posted before :-

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN21P1X8?__twitter_impression=tru

Singapore had the same plan for dealing with a pandemic they implemented theirs we didn't and we sold our stockpile of PPE to China.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 9:38]
Corona Virus on 09:15 - Apr 19 with 2007 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 18 by monmouth

Yes it's just trying to 'Squash the Sombrero' as the arsehole clown Johnno put it before it all became less of a joke for the vacuous tw^t.

If it does mean a vaccine saves some of the lives that would have been lost in a non-lockdown, that's a bonus, but the whole driver is NHS capacity.

Without a change in immunity or virus mutation (no one likes to kill their host, not good for future invites) the total number of deaths will be what they would be as if the NHS had the capacity to treat everyone who needs treatment now. It'll just over a more protracted period.

The winter version of all this might make this period look like a nice little picnic. That's why we should all be praying for a vaccine to come through pdq.

Ultimately it will continue in waves until there is a vaccine, though hopefully we have better diagnostics and treatment in place over time. There will be a smaller susceptible population with each wave due to immunity from prior exposure or Simply no longer there
Sadly
Corona Virus on 09:49 - Apr 19 with 1965 viewstaffpunk

Corona Virus on 00:38 - Apr 19 by lifelong

Can’t stop thinking about the 7 year old boy from Cardiff who has lost his Mother and Grandmother to the virus with his father in a bad way in hospital fighting it....horrendous.

So sad, a mate of mine from Gelli in the Rhondda has just lost his mother and father on the same day.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 09:59 - Apr 19 with 1941 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 09:49 - Apr 19 by taffpunk

So sad, a mate of mine from Gelli in the Rhondda has just lost his mother and father on the same day.

Awful news.

Out of interest, I know some have had it on here.... For those people who have had it, how bad were you with it?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 10:41 - Apr 19 with 1896 viewschad

Corona Virus on 07:44 - Apr 19 by Scotia

Pretty explosive piece here too, it's old but still stands, sorry if posted before :-

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN21P1X8?__twitter_impression=tru

Singapore had the same plan for dealing with a pandemic they implemented theirs we didn't and we sold our stockpile of PPE to China.

Interesting article, but how do we know we sold our stockpile of PPE to China. Especially as health workers here have recently complained about using stuff with its expiry date changed as it was retested, so obviously taken from the stockpile.

Gove has said we sold a limited amount of PPE to China in Feb to help them out and this did not come from our stockpile, he was adamant about this and to be honest if correct other countries have been praised for such actions. Also reciprocally China have sent us much more PPE than we previously sent them.

I didn’t hear it all but also seemed to be claiming totally false suggestions that PM would always normally attend COBRA meetings?

I have not yet read all that is being reported today (although probably none of us ever will)
Corona Virus on 10:45 - Apr 19 with 1892 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 07:44 - Apr 19 by Scotia

I have always put forward Singapore, Japan and South Korea as the way to handle epidemics, but even Singapore's method has been overwhelmed by the asymptomatic people.
They had 596 new cases yesterday.
Japan is also facing increasing numbers as well, averaging about 500 a day.
This is one sneaky, nasty SOB of a virus.
Corona Virus on 11:03 - Apr 19 with 1873 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 09:59 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Awful news.

Out of interest, I know some have had it on here.... For those people who have had it, how bad were you with it?

Although not tested our daughter had the symptoms and was quite rough with it, in bed for 5 days, spoke to a doctor via the telephone who stated that he was pretty certain she had it.
She was off work for 2 weeks but, thankfully, is now fully recovered and back in work.
Corona Virus on 11:06 - Apr 19 with 1871 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 11:03 - Apr 19 by lifelong

Although not tested our daughter had the symptoms and was quite rough with it, in bed for 5 days, spoke to a doctor via the telephone who stated that he was pretty certain she had it.
She was off work for 2 weeks but, thankfully, is now fully recovered and back in work.

Great news. Did she find it manageable or not?

Corona Virus on 11:16 - Apr 19 with 1853 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 11:06 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Great news. Did she find it manageable or not?

The lack of energy and the continuous coughing she found to be the most difficult symptoms to deal with.
Corona Virus on 12:46 - Apr 19 with 1798 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 11:16 - Apr 19 by lifelong

The lack of energy and the continuous coughing she found to be the most difficult symptoms to deal with.

I am glad she is better 👍

Corona Virus on 12:48 - Apr 19 with 1791 viewsraynor94

Great news

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corona Virus on 14:03 - Apr 19 with 1742 viewsmonmouth

Fantastic. It is all just russian roulette. So pleased this chamber wasn't loaded.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 14:06 - Apr 19 with 1731 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 11:16 - Apr 19 by lifelong

Great news lifey.
Corona Virus on 14:07 - Apr 19 with 1721 viewslondonlisa2001

A friend of mine, who is herself a retired doctor, has had it with a fever up and down for almost a month. She hasn’t had breathing problems, so has said she wasn’t scared as such, but still can’t do anything without being exhausted and she’s on day 27 or so. She had the loss of sense of smell until about 3 days ago.

Great news about your daughter.
Corona Virus on 14:21 - Apr 19 with 1703 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This is a good idea.
Getting the hospitals back to normal work.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8233939/Hip-knee-ops-resume-London-Covi
Corona Virus on 14:26 - Apr 19 with 1694 viewsexiledclaseboy

Much lower death figures today, fewer than 600. Hopefully the start of a sustained downward trend.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 14:37 - Apr 19 with 1670 viewsdickythorpe

"The end of the beginning" as Churchill once said. Fingers crossed.
Good news Lifey, sloe gin all round
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 14:37]
Corona Virus on 14:39 - Apr 19 with 1667 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 10:41 - Apr 19 by chad

Interesting article, but how do we know we sold our stockpile of PPE to China. Especially as health workers here have recently complained about using stuff with its expiry date changed as it was retested, so obviously taken from the stockpile.

Gove has said we sold a limited amount of PPE to China in Feb to help them out and this did not come from our stockpile, he was adamant about this and to be honest if correct other countries have been praised for such actions. Also reciprocally China have sent us much more PPE than we previously sent them.

I didn’t hear it all but also seemed to be claiming totally false suggestions that PM would always normally attend COBRA meetings?

I have not yet read all that is being reported today (although probably none of us ever will)

The most concerning part for me was our planned response to a pandemic wasn't put in to place despite the scientific advice. This cost lives.

I have no political affiliation but if that is being discussed at Cobra then the PM should be there, whether he usually would be or not. Certainly not playing a tory party donor at tennis in Chequers as is reported.
Corona Virus on 15:13 - Apr 19 with 1628 viewstheloneranger

The much needed 84 tonnes of PPE expected from Turkey this afternoon has been delayed for at least another day.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 20:00 - Apr 19 with 2568 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 14:39 - Apr 19 by Scotia

The most concerning part for me was our planned response to a pandemic wasn't put in to place despite the scientific advice. This cost lives.

I have no political affiliation but if that is being discussed at Cobra then the PM should be there, whether he usually would be or not. Certainly not playing a tory party donor at tennis in Chequers as is reported.

Whoever the PM is, they're often not needed at COBRA meetings except for any crisis...I'm thinking the global pandemic is a crisis.

Edit, as I used their not they're and I almost fcked up my edit...twice.

My spelling/grammer is fcking awful during this crisis...more awful than usual.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 0:17]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024