Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437855 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 07:45 - Mar 8 with 3722 viewspikeypaul

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 7 by sainthelens

Having 100 thousand unwashed irishmen at Cheltenham next week will finish us all off.

100%

It’s crazy how this is allowed to be taking place.But the bookmakers have people in very high places, just look how MPs from all sides tried to delay the limit stakes on FOBTs in the scummy bookmakers shops.

Anyone who’s been to Cheltenham meeting will know how messy it gets and everyone is only inches away from each other’s faces whilst drinking and talking given the cramped conditions , if 1 person walks in there with it 100 will walk out with it.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Corona Virus on 08:33 - Mar 8 with 3680 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 07:42 - Mar 8 by Cooperman

I hope you’re right but I think the reality will be different.

We are two months behind Italy
Corona Virus on 08:46 - Mar 8 with 3668 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 09:08 - Mar 8 with 3642 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 08:33 - Mar 8 by bennytheblue

We are two months behind Italy

Who in turn are a month to six weeks behind China. Even though the Italians are now heading for mass lockdown their statistics will inevitably get worse before they get better as people now start to show symptoms of the virus that they picked up a week or two back. The rate of climb in other countries will now determine the pace at which they follow the path of the Italian authorities.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 09:46 - Mar 8 with 3606 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 7 by sainthelens

Having 100 thousand unwashed irishmen at Cheltenham next week will finish us all off.

Mix them all up for a week and then disperse them all around the UK and Eire, it does not seem to make any sense when Italy has 16 million in lockdown.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 9:46]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 10:21 - Mar 8 with 3568 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 09:46 - Mar 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

Mix them all up for a week and then disperse them all around the UK and Eire, it does not seem to make any sense when Italy has 16 million in lockdown.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 9:46]

I love my racing, most of all Cheltenham, but the decision to let this go ahead in its form smacks of money coming before anything else.
Corona Virus on 10:21 - Mar 8 with 3569 viewsProfessor

I am aware of projections which suggest we are looking around 80,000 cases with 8000 deaths in the U.K. . This is the most likely scenario. Best case is a 1000 deaths with around 10k cases. Worst
Is the one mentioned in the press which is around
10-20 million cases and 80000 to 300000 deaths. We need to be concerned, to be aware and potentially take actions to reduce risk. But panic buying and wearing masks in the absence of cases is just daft
Corona Virus on 11:03 - Mar 8 with 3532 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:21 - Mar 8 by Professor

I am aware of projections which suggest we are looking around 80,000 cases with 8000 deaths in the U.K. . This is the most likely scenario. Best case is a 1000 deaths with around 10k cases. Worst
10-20 million cases and 80000 to 300000 deaths. We need to be concerned, to be aware and potentially take actions to reduce risk. But panic buying and wearing masks in the absence of cases is just daft

I said on the other thread that I felt it was already too little too late and thngs will get worse. I also said we need to take personal responsibility and apply common sense. Take the sensible precautions like following official advice then all we can do is accept what's coming, we have to just ride it out however long it takes.

Panicking won't help.

However I'm no expert and that is just an opinion that many may disagree with. Myself, when the Professor offers advice, that's when I'd take notice.

For nyone who is interested,

ttps://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=96b04adf_2

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Mar 8 with 3522 viewsThebus

Concerned my arse. More people will die of flu than the corona virus.
Corona Virus on 11:25 - Mar 8 with 3501 viewsNotLoyal

Too many thick cnts in the U.K. too worried about themselves and what they can have is the issue. Those masks should come with a free first aid kit to clean up the blood from the smack in the mouth they should get.

Any scaremongering in the press which is inaccurate should mean severe sanctions and maybe even public flogging.

Long live Brexit 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 11:43 - Mar 8 with 3481 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Mar 8 by Thebus

But they will still die of flu too. At least 1100 around the world die from foodborne illness every day. This does not change. Flu is also (largely) vaccine preventable. CoVid19 is not. I get a flu vaccine each year as I have asthma. If I get CoVid 19 I have a 1 in 7 chance of dying. More like 1 in 500 in the general population. I am in my early fifties. I have two teenage children, one with autism who needs much help. That is why I am concerned
Corona Virus on 11:51 - Mar 8 with 3467 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 11:25 - Mar 8 by NotLoyal

Too many thick cnts in the U.K. too worried about themselves and what they can have is the issue. Those masks should come with a free first aid kit to clean up the blood from the smack in the mouth they should get.

Any scaremongering in the press which is inaccurate should mean severe sanctions and maybe even public flogging.

Long live Brexit 😂

The masks don’t do any good anyway. You would have to throw them away everyday at the very least, and if you touched an infected area and then touched your mask you could just be infecting oneself more than usual. Old people or people will health issues should just stay at home I reckon worst case scenario. Everyone else can just keep the country running as usual and if they get it they probably no different to the common cold.
Corona Virus on 11:54 - Mar 8 with 3464 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 11:51 - Mar 8 by bennytheblue

The masks don’t do any good anyway. You would have to throw them away everyday at the very least, and if you touched an infected area and then touched your mask you could just be infecting oneself more than usual. Old people or people will health issues should just stay at home I reckon worst case scenario. Everyone else can just keep the country running as usual and if they get it they probably no different to the common cold.

It’s a fair degree nastier than a cold my friend. Not a runny nose and groggy and most effects on respiratory system. If you had asthma then that is a good comparison on how it will feel. Along with a dry cough
Corona Virus on 12:00 - Mar 8 with 3449 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Mar 8 by Thebus

You don't get it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 8 with 3441 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 12:00 - Mar 8 by Cooperman

You don't get it.

The Health system in Lombardy is on the brink of being over-run. This is as much about the capacity in the system to deal with a sudden spike in the infection rate.

The health care system in the Italian region of Lombardy is on the brink of collapse, the head of its crisis response unit has said.

"We're now being forced to set up intensive care treatment in corridors, in operating theatres, in recovery rooms. We've emptied entire hospital sections to make space for seriously sick people," Antonio Pesenti told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"One of the best health systems in the world, in Lombardy, is a step away from collapse," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-51789355
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 12:06]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 12:39 - Mar 8 with 3394 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

The Health system in Lombardy is on the brink of being over-run. This is as much about the capacity in the system to deal with a sudden spike in the infection rate.

The health care system in the Italian region of Lombardy is on the brink of collapse, the head of its crisis response unit has said.

"We're now being forced to set up intensive care treatment in corridors, in operating theatres, in recovery rooms. We've emptied entire hospital sections to make space for seriously sick people," Antonio Pesenti told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"One of the best health systems in the world, in Lombardy, is a step away from collapse," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-51789355
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 12:06]

I have also heard, via an Italian source, that the announcement of the quarantine was leaked. Thousands have headed south, where there were no cases but also poorer healthcare. Shows the ‘I’m alright Jack’ attitude is not just here
Corona Virus on 12:40 - Mar 8 with 3390 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 11:43 - Mar 8 by Professor

But they will still die of flu too. At least 1100 around the world die from foodborne illness every day. This does not change. Flu is also (largely) vaccine preventable. CoVid19 is not. I get a flu vaccine each year as I have asthma. If I get CoVid 19 I have a 1 in 7 chance of dying. More like 1 in 500 in the general population. I am in my early fifties. I have two teenage children, one with autism who needs much help. That is why I am concerned

In regards to your 1 in 7 chance for asthmatics, if someone in their 40’s who has had pneumonia twice before gets it, what does that ratio look like?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:45 - Mar 8 with 3379 viewsExiledJack

Corona Virus on 11:25 - Mar 8 by NotLoyal

Long live Brexit 😂

I take it you’ll be off to Lombardy then to give a good pasting to all the drama queens over there?

Whilst you’re at it someone should tell the WHO that the cure for the Coronavirus is a smack in the mouth, problem solved.
Corona Virus on 12:49 - Mar 8 with 3366 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 12:40 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

In regards to your 1 in 7 chance for asthmatics, if someone in their 40’s who has had pneumonia twice before gets it, what does that ratio look like?

Hard to say. That rate is what have been quoted for 75plus and those with underlying respiratory or immunosuppressive disorders
Corona Virus on 13:41 - Mar 8 with 3303 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 12:45 - Mar 8 by ExiledJack

I take it you’ll be off to Lombardy then to give a good pasting to all the drama queens over there?

Whilst you’re at it someone should tell the WHO that the cure for the Coronavirus is a smack in the mouth, problem solved.

I'm talking about all the freaks in Britain, read the text. Just because you don't get it, not my fault.
Hope your mask fits. Don't forget what the purpose of them is, read the instructions before applying to any wounds 🙄
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 13:43]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 14:16 - Mar 8 with 3276 viewsExiledJack

Corona Virus on 13:41 - Mar 8 by NotLoyal

I'm talking about all the freaks in Britain, read the text. Just because you don't get it, not my fault.
Hope your mask fits. Don't forget what the purpose of them is, read the instructions before applying to any wounds 🙄
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 13:43]

So you’re advocating violence against those in Britain who are taking preventative measures to help avoid the spread of the virus to the benefit of all (and most notably the heath service)?

I hope you’re right in underplaying the risk faced here. Do you have any information that gives you confidence in that viewpoint?
Corona Virus on 14:18 - Mar 8 with 3270 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 14:16 - Mar 8 by ExiledJack

So you’re advocating violence against those in Britain who are taking preventative measures to help avoid the spread of the virus to the benefit of all (and most notably the heath service)?

I hope you’re right in underplaying the risk faced here. Do you have any information that gives you confidence in that viewpoint?

I think he’s talking about the people panic buying mate. That’s how it reads to me anyway.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 14:20 - Mar 8 with 3262 viewsNeath_Jack

I see the supermarkets are now going to be rationing certain products.

Why can’t people just behave themselves instead of being horrible, self centred greedy bastards?

And 67 new confirmed cases the last 24 hours too.

Corona Virus on 14:28 - Mar 8 with 3247 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:00 - Mar 8 by Cooperman

You don't get it.

Get what exactly. I’ll be flying out to the USA week tomorrow and certainly won’t be changing my plans.
Corona Virus on 14:54 - Mar 8 with 3221 viewsExiledJack

Corona Virus on 14:18 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

I think he’s talking about the people panic buying mate. That’s how it reads to me anyway.

Panic certainly won’t help the situation. Perfectly sensible though to make larger purchases than normal to limit the number of trips to the shops i.e. social distancing.

The epidemic has already hit supply chains so it’s rational for people to “buy whilst stocks last”.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024