Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 433156 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 3299 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 09:44 - Mar 9 by Neath_Jack

Two more in Wales confirmed today so far, one in Neath Port Talbot, and one in Newport.

And it appears that they have recently spent time in Italy.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 10:05 - Mar 9 with 3278 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 09:56 - Mar 9 by Cooperman

And it appears that they have recently spent time in Italy.

Yeah one been to the north and the other to the south.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:37 - Mar 9 with 3192 viewsbuilthjack

France v Ireland rugby, postponed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 13:33 - Mar 9 with 3144 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 21:10 - Mar 8 by legoman

And this is the point. Don't be concerned about the infection itself. It will likely pass you by with a relatively modest individual impact that you can manage at home, much as you would do with a cold.

The impact on society is much more of a worry and hence why we must all take responsibility to make sure we don't spread it. If the UK has 65m people and 10% are infected that's 6.5m. If 1% need treatment in hospital that's 65,000. If 10% of those needing treatment develop pneumonia that's 6,500. The UK only has 4,000 ICU beds and currently they are 80% occupied.

Whilst not all the 6,500 will need treatment at the same time, you can see that there will still be a massive strain on the NHS.

This is why it pays to scare the general population into not spreading the virus.

It has a far worse effect on the economy and personal liberty than terrorism has.
Corona Virus on 14:33 - Mar 9 with 3096 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What some people on here fail to realise is that all the cases of COV will be on top of those for Flu, but the really big difference is the length of time those with COV require in an intensive care bed.
Instead of the usual week or two for Flu we are talking up to 2 to 3 months, bed blocking on a massive scale for the number of beds available.
The Govenrment should be preparing many extra IC beds outside of the current hospitals.
When it takes a fit young man of 25 a month to get over it we are talking something far worse than the Flu.
Add to that wherever there are extensive cases the Medical staff also catch it, thus reducing the effectiveness of care for all IC cases.
The number one underlying illness leadin to death when added to an age of 50+ is Diabetese.
Last but not least if all the IC beds are full up with COV patients for months at a time make sure that you don't have a heart attack, stroke or life threatening accident, because there won't be any beds left for you.

ps those people on steroids are also at risk as they supress the immune system.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 14:43]
Corona Virus on 14:42 - Mar 9 with 3084 viewsA_Fans_Dad

By the way the number of cases and their increase is not the statistics that we need to be worrying about.
It is the number of new cases caught in the UK and not abroad that is really important.
That is the increase that will tell us that it is not under control and how much danger is in your area.
But with the Government being a bit coy about who has it and who doesn't is not helping the public make informed decisions.
Corona Virus on 16:08 - Mar 9 with 3014 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 14:33 - Mar 9 by A_Fans_Dad

What some people on here fail to realise is that all the cases of COV will be on top of those for Flu, but the really big difference is the length of time those with COV require in an intensive care bed.
Instead of the usual week or two for Flu we are talking up to 2 to 3 months, bed blocking on a massive scale for the number of beds available.
The Govenrment should be preparing many extra IC beds outside of the current hospitals.
When it takes a fit young man of 25 a month to get over it we are talking something far worse than the Flu.
Add to that wherever there are extensive cases the Medical staff also catch it, thus reducing the effectiveness of care for all IC cases.
The number one underlying illness leadin to death when added to an age of 50+ is Diabetese.
Last but not least if all the IC beds are full up with COV patients for months at a time make sure that you don't have a heart attack, stroke or life threatening accident, because there won't be any beds left for you.

ps those people on steroids are also at risk as they supress the immune system.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 14:43]

corticosteroids such as those taken by asthmatics or people with chronic inflammation e.g prednisolone. . Not all steroids are immunosuppressive, there are many with different functions.

But the point is very well made
Corona Virus on 19:51 - Mar 9 with 2884 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 14:42 - Mar 9 by A_Fans_Dad

By the way the number of cases and their increase is not the statistics that we need to be worrying about.
It is the number of new cases caught in the UK and not abroad that is really important.
That is the increase that will tell us that it is not under control and how much danger is in your area.
But with the Government being a bit coy about who has it and who doesn't is not helping the public make informed decisions.

Remember too that the stats we have are based on historic behaviours. If as a society we can improve our hygiene by following advice about hand washing and not touching our faces etc we can change the numbers and the progression of the infection to our benefit

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 2791 viewsSwanjaxs

Italy just put the closed sign up then...

Country now in total lockdown 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:06 - Mar 9 with 2775 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Mar 9 by Swanjaxs

Italy just put the closed sign up then...

Country now in total lockdown 🤔

Not like them to wave a white flag.
Corona Virus on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 2766 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 21:06 - Mar 9 by sainthelens

Not like them to wave a white flag.

Beep beep beep beep 🇮🇹

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Corona Virus on 21:15 - Mar 9 with 2746 viewsCooperman

Meanwhile in Israel...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51809818

Corona Virus on 21:21 - Mar 9 with 2732 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:15 - Mar 9 by Cooperman

Meanwhile in Israel...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51809818

It's nice to see countries making brave decisions.

Meanwhile, our illustrious PM, completely bumbles his way through his conference earlier, not answering anything that was directly put to him. What a hero he is.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:25 - Mar 9 with 2718 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 21:21 - Mar 9 by Neath_Jack

Meanwhile, our illustrious PM, completely bumbles his way through his conference earlier, not answering anything that was directly put to him. What a hero he is.

Quite how the Israeli authorities will enforce this is another matter altogether.

Corona Virus on 21:33 - Mar 9 with 2694 viewsSwanjaxs

Looking at the "lurgi map" I see no confirmed cases in Turkey as of yet.
Bit odd considering the way the virus is spreading?

Perhaps they are being a bit coy considering thier value in tourism...

Corona Virus on 08:56 - Mar 10 with 2531 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 21:21 - Mar 9 by Neath_Jack

I have since caught up with his press conference; bumbling idiot at the very least.

His 'message' though are words of Chief Medical Officer Witty and the scientist who's name escapes me. I think we have to be trusting of them in terms of the timing of decisions on further or even complete lock down. React too soon and the measures which will inevitably come in a few weeks won't be as effective.

The issue with Boris is that he just waffles along.

Corona Virus on 09:09 - Mar 10 with 2517 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 08:56 - Mar 10 by Cooperman

I have since caught up with his press conference; bumbling idiot at the very least.

His 'message' though are words of Chief Medical Officer Witty and the scientist who's name escapes me. I think we have to be trusting of them in terms of the timing of decisions on further or even complete lock down. React too soon and the measures which will inevitably come in a few weeks won't be as effective.

Yes, he was reading from a script in the clip I saw.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 09:43 - Mar 10 with 2466 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 08:56 - Mar 10 by Cooperman

If the statement had been delivered by Morgan Freeman everybody would have been reassured.

We’re British for goodness sake! We don’t do panic.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 10:39 - Mar 10 with 2412 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 09:43 - Mar 10 by Lohengrin

If the statement had been delivered by Morgan Freeman everybody would have been reassured.

Well, some of us are.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 2403 viewsNotLoyal

It’s again interesting that italian games have been suspended until April 3rd. I’m more comforted that italian teams playing in Europe will continue to do so. Maybe clubs could learn a lesson here, qualify for Europe and all will be ok.
It’s obvious.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 10:44]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 11:42 - Mar 10 with 2357 viewsEbo

Corona Virus on 09:43 - Mar 10 by Lohengrin

Been to Tesco or Asda lately?

The same arse clowns who said that leaving the EU would be a piece of cake as "we survived the blitz blah blah blah" are the same selfish bell whiffs who are panic bulk buying enormous amounts of bog roll, pasta, tins, water and anti-bacterial hand-wash because they are scared shitless.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 10 with 2347 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:42 - Mar 10 by Ebo

The same arse clowns who said that leaving the EU would be a piece of cake as "we survived the blitz blah blah blah" are the same selfish bell whiffs who are panic bulk buying enormous amounts of bog roll, pasta, tins, water and anti-bacterial hand-wash because they are scared shitless.

And you know this how?
Did you interview them as they were doing so?
Corona Virus on 11:56 - Mar 10 with 2337 viewsswan65split

BOLLOCKS

Cant be shitless if they buying bog rolls!
Corona Virus on 11:58 - Mar 10 with 2331 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 11:56 - Mar 10 by swan65split

BOLLOCKS

Cant be shitless if they buying bog rolls!

*soon to be

Corona Virus on 12:29 - Mar 10 with 2300 viewsLohengrin

Just back from nipping to CK if that counts, Eb? The only things there that were in short supply were Rothman Blue and copies of the Racing Post which was a bit of a bind as that was all I went in for.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024