Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437883 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:06 - Mar 12 with 2355 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:15 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you believe anything coming from them?

What is in it for them to lie?
Corona Virus on 20:08 - Mar 12 with 2348 viewsoldtownjack

Corona Virus on 18:43 - Mar 12 by Neath_Jack

Of course the teachers voted to close the schools, the poor loves don't get enough time off at Easter, summer, xmas, inset days etc...

There are plenty of vacancies in the UK if you fancy having a go.

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Mar 12 with 2340 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

100 recorded cases a day and 12 weeks from the peak, doesn't sound good.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Mar 12 with 2338 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:43 - Mar 12 by monmouth

I just read that Italy has had 1000 deaths from 15000 cases, and 1153 in intensive care. That’s real figures isn’t it? From a comparable country. I think 1% is looking a bit optimistic based on that.

It’s not though is it.

If we are reporting c. 500 cases and the ‘real figure’ is between 5,000 and 10,000, the same is happening in Italy.

Mild cases are simply not being reported. Korea is the only country testing absolutely everyone and they are seeing 0.6% or so. Some more that are serious will die, pushing that up, but in Italy at present total cases are understated.
When one of the recent viruses (swine flu possible, but not sure) started, they thought it had a rate of c.4.5%. When it had all come and gone, the actual rate was c.0.5%.
Corona Virus on 20:12 - Mar 12 with 2329 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:11 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Well that would depend on whether they actually believe what they are saying and are too thick to work out the statistics for themselves, or just outright lying.
Any idea which it is?

Oh dear God.

They are obviously making a call, and they may be right or wrong, but the CMO for England (and de facto the UK) is a world expert on infectious diseases. You think he can’t do a sum?
Corona Virus on 20:16 - Mar 12 with 2317 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:08 - Mar 12 by oldtownjack

There are plenty of vacancies in the UK if you fancy having a go.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 12 with 2313 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

It’s not though is it.

If we are reporting c. 500 cases and the ‘real figure’ is between 5,000 and 10,000, the same is happening in Italy.

Mild cases are simply not being reported. Korea is the only country testing absolutely everyone and they are seeing 0.6% or so. Some more that are serious will die, pushing that up, but in Italy at present total cases are understated.
When one of the recent viruses (swine flu possible, but not sure) started, they thought it had a rate of c.4.5%. When it had all come and gone, the actual rate was c.0.5%.

Yes, our system sends people at low risk home to self isolate without testing so our figures are by design pessimistic, as you say this will be similar in some other counties, but it is difficult to tell who exactly is doing what South Korea seem to have a robust system the USA is an uncoordinated mess.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 20:44]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Mar 12 with 2277 viewsoldtownjack

Corona Virus on 20:16 - Mar 12 by Neath_Jack

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

How profound. Did you come up with that?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:02 - Mar 12 with 2219 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Mar 12 by oldtownjack

Someone taught it to him..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 12 with 2194 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:12 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Oh dear God.

They are obviously making a call, and they may be right or wrong, but the CMO for England (and de facto the UK) is a world expert on infectious diseases. You think he can’t do a sum?

Well let me ask you if you think that his advice to Johnson and the public is good advice.
Do you think that the Government has done a good job based on that advice?
Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 12 with 2191 viewsbonymine

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

There's no interest for me now with other games being off.

Totally irrelevant match what is the point ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Corona Virus on 21:14 - Mar 12 with 2176 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 12 by bonymine

And surely the last thing Cardiff and Wales needs is over one hundred thousand people dribbling, spewing and slobbering over each other?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 21:18 - Mar 12 with 2155 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Mar 12 by oldtownjack

No, it's a lyric from a Cheap Trick song.

Do you like Cheap Trick?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:18 - Mar 12 with 2152 viewsLuther27

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

It’s not though is it.

Going by what you say about Korea, then it's our best model as to true numbers of infection and mortality rates. How the rate of infection can be controlled is still novel to all nations suffering from this contagion.
Corona Virus on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 2084 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Well let me ask you if you think that his advice to Johnson and the public is good advice.
Do you think that the Government has done a good job based on that advice?

How the absolute hell do I know? Or you?

I have little time for a Johnson, as has been made obvious, but he is refusing to bow to political pressure and is following the advice of the experts. Which is brave. Whether correct or not.

Let’s have a look at their CVs - the CMO and CSA.

CMO - “ Professor of Public and International Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, a practising NHS Consultant Physician in acute medicine and infectious diseases at University College London Hospitals, and Gresham Professor of Physic.”

CSA - “ Patrick was President, R&D at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) from 2012 until 2017. Prior to this, he was Senior Vice President, Medicines Discovery and Development. He joined the company in May 2006 as Head of Drug Discovery. He was a member of the GSK Board and the Corporate Executive Team. During his period as head of R&D over 14 new medicines were approved for use worldwide, for diseases ranging from cancer to asthma and HIV.

Prior to joining GSK, he was a clinical academic, Professor of Medicine and led the Division of Medicine at UCL. He has over 20 years’ experience of basic and clinical research, and was a consultant physician in the NHS. His research spanned from work on medicinal chemistry and structural biology, through to cellular work, studies in humans and use of large electronic health record databases.”

I am an accountant and you worked for Ford as an engineer (I think). I think we should listen to these guys.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 21:59]
Corona Virus on 22:26 - Mar 12 with 2044 viewsJack123

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:07 - Mar 12 with 1971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:54 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

How the absolute hell do I know? Or you?

I have little time for a Johnson, as has been made obvious, but he is refusing to bow to political pressure and is following the advice of the experts. Which is brave. Whether correct or not.

Let’s have a look at their CVs - the CMO and CSA.

CMO - “ Professor of Public and International Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, a practising NHS Consultant Physician in acute medicine and infectious diseases at University College London Hospitals, and Gresham Professor of Physic.”

CSA - “ Patrick was President, R&D at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) from 2012 until 2017. Prior to this, he was Senior Vice President, Medicines Discovery and Development. He joined the company in May 2006 as Head of Drug Discovery. He was a member of the GSK Board and the Corporate Executive Team. During his period as head of R&D over 14 new medicines were approved for use worldwide, for diseases ranging from cancer to asthma and HIV.

Prior to joining GSK, he was a clinical academic, Professor of Medicine and led the Division of Medicine at UCL. He has over 20 years’ experience of basic and clinical research, and was a consultant physician in the NHS. His research spanned from work on medicinal chemistry and structural biology, through to cellular work, studies in humans and use of large electronic health record databases.”

I am an accountant and you worked for Ford as an engineer (I think). I think we should listen to these guys.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 21:59]

I know you believe what so called experts tell you.
But in this both they and Johson have got it completely wrong.
That CMO didn't even get the hard surface residence time correct or that it was infectious without symptoms or the correct containment period.
This was new to him and he should have spent more time looking at what was going on elsewhere and relied less on his extensive knowledge.
Johnson has not "contained" the virus at all apart from those people from the cruise ship.
Everybody else, regardless of where they have come from, whether from the most contagious places of all have just been allowed to waltz in to this country and spread it as much as they liked.
They appear to have very little real understanding of what quarantine is all about.
They may be "experts" but their common sense is sadly lacking, you believe them and I won't.
Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 12 with 1941 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:07 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

That CMO didn't even get the hard surface residence time correct or that it was infectious without symptoms or the correct containment period.
This was new to him and he should have spent more time looking at what was going on elsewhere and relied less on his extensive knowledge.
Johnson has not "contained" the virus at all apart from those people from the cruise ship.
Everybody else, regardless of where they have come from, whether from the most contagious places of all have just been allowed to waltz in to this country and spread it as much as they liked.
They appear to have very little real understanding of what quarantine is all about.
They may be "experts" but their common sense is sadly lacking, you believe them and I won't.

They are taking a massive gamble, and the worst of it, it's with people's lives.. Pussy footing around, going against a lot of peoples opinions, I hope these chumps are held accountable for their actions. I really hope and pray they are right, but something tells me, they are way off the mark.

[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 23:25]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:35 - Mar 12 with 1920 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:07 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

It’s not a case of I believe them and you don’t. I have no idea whether they are right or not. And neither do you.

I just have no idea what we do other than believe them.

I do know that the CMO knows more than either of us.

And the knowledge on stuff like symptoms, when people are infectious or not and containment is changing daily.

A few weeks ago they swore blind that it could be passed on by asymptomatic people. Now they know that’s untrue.

If you believe that isolation is best then isolate.

None of us know. We can only do what we think best.

But please don’t assume that a few hours on the Internet means you have any idea whatsoever.
Corona Virus on 23:45 - Mar 12 with 1903 viewsdickythorpe

This 7 day isolate yourself if you have a new cough/high temp will be abused by the under 25's.....it'll be left to the "old school" to keep everything going.

FFS
Corona Virus on 23:53 - Mar 12 with 1889 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:45 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

This 7 day isolate yourself if you have a new cough/high temp will be abused by the under 25's.....it'll be left to the "old school" to keep everything going.

FFS

Lots of people regardless of age will just carry on, some just don't give a fck, and the rest will not believe they have it.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 01:29 - Mar 13 with 1833 viewsEbo

Worth a watch

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 01:37 - Mar 13 with 1828 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 23:45 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

FFS

Clearly the remainer demographic. Work shy malingering buggers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 08:28 - Mar 13 with 1675 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 12 by bonymine

Exactly, it's meaningless now as most are all "wound up" and more concerned in stocking up on pasta and tinned items.
There will be the "couldn't give a toss as I've no symptoms" brigade.

Interesting times ahead.
Corona Virus on 08:45 - Mar 13 with 1664 viewsVincent_Vega

Corona Virus on 21:14 - Mar 12 by Cooperman

And surely the last thing Cardiff and Wales needs is over one hundred thousand people dribbling, spewing and slobbering over each other?

And this is different to a standard rugby international day how?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024