Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437505 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:04 - Mar 13 with 1997 viewshobo

There is no proof that getting it means you're immune to it
Corona Virus on 17:08 - Mar 13 with 1988 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:04 - Mar 13 by hobo

There is no proof that getting it means you're immune to it

If that’s the case then a vaccine won’t work.

It is the case though with other viruses so there’s no reason to think it won’t be the case with this.
Corona Virus on 17:12 - Mar 13 with 1975 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:27 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

They’re not expecting that number.

That’s an extrapolation of assuming the 60% is evenly spread. They are trying to skew it to younger people getting it to protect older people.

Everyone is reading exactly the same stuff. You’re not seeing anything different. And they are seeing massive amounts more, in more detail, with more splits, more explanations, more modelling, more advice.

Well we will be getting a good idea by mid April of how well it is working.
That is the period where if it hasn't worked the NHS will start being overwhelmed, not just with patients but also with infected NHS staff.
They will be like Italy then just letting people die because they can't adequately treat them and only treating the ones they think will pull through quickly.
I hope you are right and I am wrong.
In the mean time are they creating more IC beds, more ventilators, more hazmat suits, more antiviral drugs etc?
Have they announced anything yet?
Corona Virus on 17:16 - Mar 13 with 1960 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 17:12 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

That is the period where if it hasn't worked the NHS will start being overwhelmed, not just with patients but also with infected NHS staff.
They will be like Italy then just letting people die because they can't adequately treat them and only treating the ones they think will pull through quickly.
In the mean time are they creating more IC beds, more ventilators, more hazmat suits, more antiviral drugs etc?

No question about it, you're spot on
Corona Virus on 17:23 - Mar 13 with 1948 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:12 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

What do you mean you hope I’m right? At no point have I said I know what will happen. I’ve said all along I’ve no idea.

I’ve also said I’d lock everyone inside for 6 months and wait for a treatment or a vaccine.

All I’m saying is what choice do we have? And also that they know more than we do.

What do you think us wanting them to do different will do? Nothing. No impact.

At least they have a plan. That seems to make sense. Italy has no plan. It acted after it was out of control there. I don’t know whether there are better plans as I’m not an expert.

Everyone is frightened unless they’re an absolute idiot. But we are quite literally powerless other than keeping ourselves inside if that makes us feel better.
Corona Virus on 17:36 - Mar 13 with 1924 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 17:23 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

What do you mean you hope I’m right? At no point have I said I know what will happen. I’ve said all along I’ve no idea.

I’ve also said I’d lock everyone inside for 6 months and wait for a treatment or a vaccine.

All I’m saying is what choice do we have? And also that they know more than we do.

At least they have a plan. That seems to make sense. Italy has no plan. It acted after it was out of control there. I don’t know whether there are better plans as I’m not an expert.

Everyone is frightened unless they’re an absolute idiot. But we are quite literally powerless other than keeping ourselves inside if that makes us feel better.

Lock people inside for 6 months. My god.
Corona Virus on 17:49 - Mar 13 with 1902 viewsJackfath

This isn't a time for fighting one another. Let's pull together.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 18:13 - Mar 13 with 1868 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:23 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

OK, I will rephrase that, I hope that they are right and they lower the peak for months.

I am glad you think that they have a plan, as to me it looks like their plan is for them to do SFA and it is all down to us & the NHS.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 18:14 - Mar 13 with 1864 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:49 - Mar 13 by Jackfath

This isn't a time for fighting one another. Let's pull together.

No fighting going on on here, just discussion.
Corona Virus on 18:16 - Mar 13 with 1859 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 18:14 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

No fighting going on on here, just discussion.

I was talking generally on PS, my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 18:23 - Mar 13 with 1842 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:13 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

OK, I will rephrase that, I hope that they are right and they lower the peak for months.

I am glad you think that they have a plan, as to me it looks like their plan is for them to do SFA and it is all down to us & the NHS.

We both agree with the first bit.

On the second - again, all we can do is accept it when they say they have and explain what it is. As ultimately we can’t do anything else.

When we move to the distancing stuff and the lockdown stuff it will make us believe they are then ‘doing something’. But they keep saying it’s the timing that’s important.
Corona Virus on 18:40 - Mar 13 with 1809 viewsmajorraglan

A sobering picture taken at one of the Italian treatment centres. (Having clicked on the link I can see it goes to the BBC story not jst the picture, still to quite a sight)

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-51866403?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitte
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 18:41]
Corona Virus on 18:52 - Mar 13 with 1771 viewslegoman

My son works with Dr Jeremy Rossman who has set up Research Aid Networks in Chicago.

Jeremy has today added this article to his website for those who may be interested. He is a highly respected and well qualified virologist and whilst the article is written for a US audience it is still useful in my view.

https://researchaidnetworks.org/covid19/

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 18:55 - Mar 13 with 1754 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 18:40 - Mar 13 by majorraglan

A sobering picture taken at one of the Italian treatment centres. (Having clicked on the link I can see it goes to the BBC story not jst the picture, still to quite a sight)

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-51866403?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitte
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 18:41]

I've just spoken within the last hour with someone of very senior level from inside SW Wales NHS and she has described her working day today as "bedlam" with meetings etc, with more to come on Monday.

Looks things are now well and truly getting into motion for upcoming eventualities.

Argus!

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Mar 13 with 1741 viewsOldjack

The way this is looking you'll all have to stay indoors for 2-3 weeks no matter what .Better get your tins in NOW !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 19:08 - Mar 13 with 1723 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Mar 13 by Oldjack

The way this is looking you'll all have to stay indoors for 2-3 weeks no matter what .Better get your tins in NOW !

Stock up on diapers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 19:12 - Mar 13 with 1716 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 19:08 - Mar 13 by Darran

Stock up on diapers.

Yes yes ,you'd do well to stock up on those you scruffy kant

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 19:15 - Mar 13 with 1705 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 19:12 - Mar 13 by Oldjack

Yes yes ,you'd do well to stock up on those you scruffy kant

Piss pot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 19:28 - Mar 13 with 1689 viewsexiledclaseboy

No bog rolls in Tesco Fforestfach this afternoon. Or pasta. Nary a tin of baked beans to be found. People are nuts.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 19:29]

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:45 - Mar 13 with 1655 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea uni stopping face to face lectures next Friday.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 13 with 1646 viewsexiledclaseboy

The wife’s hospital appointment on Monday has been changed to a telephone conversation with the consultant.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:48 - Mar 13 with 1644 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 19:28 - Mar 13 by exiledclaseboy

No bog rolls in Tesco Fforestfach this afternoon. Or pasta. Nary a tin of baked beans to be found. People are nuts.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 19:29]

Heart warming isn't, the old community spirit coming to the fore in times of crisis.
Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 13 with 1626 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:08 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

If that’s the case then a vaccine won’t work.

It is the case though with other viruses so there’s no reason to think it won’t be the case with this.

Lisa, Flu Vaccines do not give you the Flu and do not prevent you getting the Flu, they only help to reduce the symptoms because your immune system recognises it and attacks it quicker.
But they don't work the same for everybody.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/misconceptions.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

If having the Flu this year provides immunity why would anybody who has had it need a vaccination next year?
Because the immunity wears off with time, which is why they say you should have the Vaccination every year.
Viruses can live in the body after the symptoms disappear, Chicken Pox and Cold Sores are classic examples.
For all we know COV could be another.
Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 13 with 1612 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Mar 13 by legoman

My son works with Dr Jeremy Rossman who has set up Research Aid Networks in Chicago.

Jeremy has today added this article to his website for those who may be interested. He is a highly respected and well qualified virologist and whilst the article is written for a US audience it is still useful in my view.

https://researchaidnetworks.org/covid19/

Only one obvious error, it started in November, not December.
Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 13 with 1581 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 19:45 - Mar 13 by MrSwerve

Swansea uni stopping face to face lectures next Friday.

Bristol stopping on Weds.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024