Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 436522 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:38 - Mar 14 with 1578 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 09:36 - Mar 14 by legoman

That is not my belief, of course not.

But that is the logical conclusion isn't it ?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 9:38]
Corona Virus on 09:50 - Mar 14 with 1555 viewsladyjack

The argument put up by the UK authorities seemed to be that the rest of the World is wrong to try stop the spread of the virus by distancing people from each other, China was held up as an example of isolation working well but the guy backing/advising the UK Government implied it was no good if only just one person still has it as it will comeback and spread again, the UK seem to want everyone over here to have it and those that survive it will be ok in the future, it's a hell of a call that go's against the grain of preventing people from being ill and trying to help all citizens including the old.

I have no idea about the rights and the wrongs but I admit I was shocked watching the show last night on our stance, really shocked.
A ballsy call or incompetence or our health service is so poor compared to the rest of the World that we just can't do anything else.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:45]
Corona Virus on 09:52 - Mar 14 with 1550 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 23:28 - Mar 13 by Jack123

Wow, that makes the governments response yesterday, even more astonishing!

Not really

Not once you've realised that they are prepared to allow a significant number of people to die from this virus..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 09:55 - Mar 14 with 1536 viewslegoman

Keep an eye on this

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

UK still has a very low rate per million

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 10:00 - Mar 14 with 1522 viewslonglostjack

Looking at the rate in Turkey the solution is clear. Eat more kebabs.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 10:07 - Mar 14 with 1488 viewsCountyJim

Me personally I think the government should declare a public holiday for everyone because if schools are closing how are people supposed to get time off for child care

That's just one problem coming up for example
Corona Virus on 10:20 - Mar 14 with 1463 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 09:55 - Mar 14 by legoman

Keep an eye on this

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

UK still has a very low rate per million

We are ex amount of a days behind the likes of Italy, we are likely to follow a similar pattern, they showed a graph last night on a TV discussion around Corona virus and nobody disputed that we were likely to see the same amount of cases.
Interestingly the one guy was saying our cases will double every two or was it two and a half days (that is how you get up to thousands of cases quite quickly) and the advisor pushing the UK line said something along the lines of fair enough if you look at the data a certain way but the way they was looking at it the spread was doubling more like every five days, so no argument there the experts think it's going to take off in this country and because we are not shutting down and keeping people apart to nowhere near the extent of other countries then the virus spread will double every few days or so.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:34]
Corona Virus on 10:31 - Mar 14 with 1441 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 10:07 - Mar 14 by CountyJim

Me personally I think the government should declare a public holiday for everyone because if schools are closing how are people supposed to get time off for child care

That's just one problem coming up for example

Schools closing down else where, not sure if I heard that Ireland are shutting their schools down but that is not happening here as things stand, one reason given is if schools close and then in lots of cases the children will be looked after by grandparents as the parents will be working and then the grandparents might die if the children pass it on (interestingly not much talk of children not tending to get very ill from this virus, scientists get on the case I say, could they hold the answer).
Generally speaking the UK stance is unique, ballsy as f*ck, survival of the fittest and all that jazz.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 10:37 - Mar 14 with 1418 viewsEbo

What worries me about this herd mentality business is that they think once you get infected and recover you are immune. There’s (not to my knowledge) any scientific evidence to back this up.
The virus mutates so therefore you could get infected again.

I’ve a feeling there will be a u-turn when people start dying in large numbers. But it’ll be too late.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 10:45 - Mar 14 with 1398 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 10:20 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

We are ex amount of a days behind the likes of Italy, we are likely to follow a similar pattern, they showed a graph last night on a TV discussion around Corona virus and nobody disputed that we were likely to see the same amount of cases.
Interestingly the one guy was saying our cases will double every two or was it two and a half days (that is how you get up to thousands of cases quite quickly) and the advisor pushing the UK line said something along the lines of fair enough if you look at the data a certain way but the way they was looking at it the spread was doubling more like every five days, so no argument there the experts think it's going to take off in this country and because we are not shutting down and keeping people apart to nowhere near the extent of other countries then the virus spread will double every few days or so.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:34]

I believe we should not be "locking down" the whole country just because other countries are doing so. Locking down I believe will simply just buy you time. The virus is here in the population and like it or not it will infect large numbers of the population. We simply can't lock down the whole country for weeks at a time and a vaccine is 12 to 18 months away.

I am no fan of Boris Johnson but I do have faith in what the two scientists who flanked him the other day are telling me. And what I heard mirrors what Jeremy Rossman has said in his note a link to which I posted yesterday:

https://researchaidnetworks.org/covid19/

It is not the government who may be "condemning people to die" its the virus, and neither we nor any other health system in any country has the resources to deal with the havoc it could wreak. I can see you disagree with me and that's your prerogative, but I prefer to listen to the words of well qualified highly respected scientists than just stuff I read on the internet.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 1393 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 08:50 - Mar 14 by epaul

I'm really not bothered by this, if I get it I get it, meh!! missus is having a dizzy fit over it, I can't be bothered, now she wants to go shopping ffs, 27 supermarkets here we come, I'll stock up on beer!! People need to chill, yes be sensible, wash hands etc, but ffs chill out

I know yours is a popular post but I think you miss the point somewhat.

For me it's not about being scared of catching the virus or being ill - it's the wider effect that is crippling. To give you an insight in to my situation I was on a tech crew yesterday for a major event this weekend, we went about our work as normal to be told in the afternoon to pack up, pull out and go home. That's just one event but they're all disappearing. My summer work has been booked for months, ten to 12 weeks of it in Dublin, Russia and Japan, and we expect to be cancelled. There won't be new work to replace lost work so many of us who are independent contractors stand to lose everything, and I mean everything.

So, whilst I agree to an extent with dgt73 that mass hysteria is unhelpful and that the overall health implications will be overcome, I even think the government may have got it right with their approach to it , but what I don't agree with is that it's all a bit meh.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:59]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 10:49 - Mar 14 with 1389 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 08:50 - Mar 14 by epaul

I'm really not bothered by this, if I get it I get it, meh!! missus is having a dizzy fit over it, I can't be bothered, now she wants to go shopping ffs, 27 supermarkets here we come, I'll stock up on beer!! People need to chill, yes be sensible, wash hands etc, but ffs chill out

What a selfish attitude.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 10:57 - Mar 14 with 1371 viewsladyjack

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you legoman, other countries are surely taking advice from their scientists as well and they seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet whereas we are not.
I've only listened to supposed scientists types myself and not people online.
The point is we are doing things differently to others and only time will tell if our approach will be right compared to the likes of America's, China's and Germany's approach.
Corona Virus on 10:58 - Mar 14 with 1366 viewsepaul

Corona Virus on 10:47 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

I know yours is a popular post but I think you miss the point somewhat.

For me it's not about being scared of catching the virus or being ill - it's the wider effect that is crippling. To give you an insight in to my situation I was on a tech crew yesterday for a major event this weekend, we went about our work as normal to be told in the afternoon to pack up, pull out and go home. That's just one event but they're all disappearing. My summer work has been booked for months, ten to 12 weeks of it in Dublin, Russia and Japan, and we expect to be cancelled. There won't be new work to replace lost work so many of us who are independent contractors stand to lose everything, and I mean everything.

So, whilst I agree to an extent with dgt73 that mass hysteria is unhelpful and that the overall health implications will be overcome, I even think the government may have got it right with their approach to it , but what I don't agree with is that it's all a bit meh.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:59]

I absolutely get your point, all I'm saying lets act sensibly about this

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 10:59 - Mar 14 with 1360 viewsepaul

Corona Virus on 10:49 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

What a selfish attitude.

No it's not like I've said let's be sensible about this, I'm acting accordingly

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Mar 14 with 1355 viewsEbo

I would take the advice of these over those government loons

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 11:03 - Mar 14 with 1343 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 09:19 - Mar 14 by legoman

It's about trying to manage the peak. This virus is quite infectious and it will reach the majority of the population. Manage the peak and we manage NHS resources. Do that and we better treat those who are hospitalised (<1%)

<1%?!

Mate, 20% will need hospitalisation, and assisted breathing. Not just old people either, all ages are greatly affected
Corona Virus on 11:07 - Mar 14 with 1319 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 10:59 - Mar 14 by epaul

No it's not like I've said let's be sensible about this, I'm acting accordingly

"If I get it meh!"

What about the elderly more vulnerable who will catch it and possibly die from your infection?

Are you still acting accordingly by going shopping with the Mrs?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Corona Virus on 11:08 - Mar 14 with 1315 viewsdickythorpe

Home delivery slots are all booked up nearly a week in advance.
People are panicking.
Corona Virus on 11:09 - Mar 14 with 1317 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Mar 14 by Ebo

I would take the advice of these over those government loons

You beat me to it Ebo, I was just going to look for WHO advice because I heard the other day we were not following it.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 11:30]
Corona Virus on 11:13 - Mar 14 with 1304 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 11:08 - Mar 14 by dickythorpe

Home delivery slots are all booked up nearly a week in advance.
People are panicking.

Dicky what are you supposed to do one minute the government tells you not to panic the next they say if you feel unwell self isolate you are going to need supplies for that time on hand

Everyone should have at least two weeks of food and other supplies put away just in case
Corona Virus on 11:15 - Mar 14 with 1295 viewsJackfath

Apologies if this has already been posted. Very, very insightful.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd

Corona Virus on 11:23 - Mar 14 with 1278 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 11:13 - Mar 14 by CountyJim

Dicky what are you supposed to do one minute the government tells you not to panic the next they say if you feel unwell self isolate you are going to need supplies for that time on hand

Everyone should have at least two weeks of food and other supplies put away just in case

Self isolate for 7 days, in your own home, not for three months on a remote mountain.

People are f*cking selfish morons.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 11:25 - Mar 14 with 1268 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 11:13 - Mar 14 by CountyJim

Certainly don't stock pile Jim and use your own brain! People are selfish and no doubt some will profit here by stock piling and create a black market.
Corona Virus on 11:29 - Mar 14 with 1252 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 11:03 - Mar 14 by hobo

<1%?!

Mate, 20% will need hospitalisation, and assisted breathing. Not just old people either, all ages are greatly affected

Read something about Italy having a ventilator or was that a respirator for every 6,600 people I think and they are apparently on the verge of having to decide who gets one and who does not get one and the UK with our NHS being so pathetic these days having 1 ventilator type thing for every 12,000 people, something like that anyway.
l also seen it elsewhere about our intensive bed capacity being far less than Italys (I think it was), hang about were the figures for the beds and not respirators either way we are in the sh*t, I think we are poor on most things health wise compared to other first World countries, crikey our people are left in the back of ambulances and left in corridors as it is and now we have a pandemic, the NHS will never cope if this virus spreads, no doubt the NHS will probably be limited what they can do to help and perhaps our Government know that and are happy to follow a plan of telling the sick to stay put self isolate and phone 111, better die at home rather than take a hospital bed and still die.

What consecutive Westminster Governments has done to the NHS is really going to come home to roost if this virus takes off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024