Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437587 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:30 - Mar 14 with 1478 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:23 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

Self isolate for 7 days, in your own home, not for three months on a remote mountain.

People are f*cking selfish morons.

You haven't just realised that though, obviously. In terms and context of normal human behaviour, panic buying is entirely rational. We haven't done it, but that doesn't mean i don't have a very strong urge to rush to Waitrose.

Then again, that might be because I'm partial to viewing yummy mummies.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 11:30 - Mar 14 with 1478 viewsNeath_Jack

And another thing on all this stockpiling with grub, when I'm i'll, ramming endless amount of grub down my gregory is the last thing on my mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 11:33 - Mar 14 with 1463 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 11:30 - Mar 14 by monmouth

You haven't just realised that though, obviously. In terms and context of normal human behaviour, panic buying is entirely rational. We haven't done it, but that doesn't mean i don't have a very strong urge to rush to Waitrose.

Then again, that might be because I'm partial to viewing yummy mummies.

Social media and the media are to blame in fanning the flames of panic buying. Coupled with the fact there is a lot of thick people out there, they are all acting like lemmings. Buying toilet paper is all the example you need of thick/lemming behaviour. What the f*ck has bog roll got to do with this virus?

And to top it off, today's society is a greedy self centred one.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 11:34 - Mar 14 with 1453 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 11:33 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

Social media and the media are to blame in fanning the flames of panic buying. Coupled with the fact there is a lot of thick people out there, they are all acting like lemmings. Buying toilet paper is all the example you need of thick/lemming behaviour. What the f*ck has bog roll got to do with this virus?

Have you/your family taken any measures to try to prevent catching CV?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 1447 viewsladyjack

Some people seem to think that buying hand sanitiser will prevent them from getting the virus, it might prevent them from giving the virus to others but it's not going to stop them from getting it.
Corona Virus on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 1447 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 11:34 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

Have you/your family taken any measures to try to prevent catching CV?

Yes, we've stocked up with loads of pasta and toilet roll.

Corona Virus on 11:41 - Mar 14 with 1432 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 11:29 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Read something about Italy having a ventilator or was that a respirator for every 6,600 people I think and they are apparently on the verge of having to decide who gets one and who does not get one and the UK with our NHS being so pathetic these days having 1 ventilator type thing for every 12,000 people, something like that anyway.
l also seen it elsewhere about our intensive bed capacity being far less than Italys (I think it was), hang about were the figures for the beds and not respirators either way we are in the sh*t, I think we are poor on most things health wise compared to other first World countries, crikey our people are left in the back of ambulances and left in corridors as it is and now we have a pandemic, the NHS will never cope if this virus spreads, no doubt the NHS will probably be limited what they can do to help and perhaps our Government know that and are happy to follow a plan of telling the sick to stay put self isolate and phone 111, better die at home rather than take a hospital bed and still die.

What consecutive Westminster Governments has done to the NHS is really going to come home to roost if this virus takes off.

Consecutive Westminster governments?

Why don't you throw the Welsh Assembly and its collective bunch of regressive incompetent yokels into the mix. You only have to look at a hospital a few miles up the road regarding HDU capacity. The WAG preferred to build and (continually) subsidise Cardiff Bay opera house vanity projects instead.

Argus!

Corona Virus on 11:42 - Mar 14 with 1427 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:33 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

Can't disagree with a word of that. Toilet rolls is ridiculous.

It's always been thus though. Social media, as with most things, has probably made things worse. I remember my mother panic buying in the 70s for some reason, god knows what.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:43 - Mar 14 with 1423 viewsJackfath

Swansea now has the most cases in Wales. Wales has jumped from 38 cases to 60 in last 24 hours. Plot the growth on a graph. Let's not forget these are known cases.

This is going to get messy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 with 1413 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 11:42 - Mar 14 by monmouth

Can't disagree with a word of that. Toilet rolls is ridiculous.

It's always been thus though. Social media, as with most things, has probably made things worse. I remember my mother panic buying in the 70s for some reason, god knows what.

Decimalisation?

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 with 1413 viewsunion_jack

Corona Virus on 11:25 - Mar 14 by dickythorpe

Certainly don't stock pile Jim and use your own brain! People are selfish and no doubt some will profit here by stock piling and create a black market.

Dicky, the problem is if one person stockpiles, then everybody has to react. Being virtuous and saying you’re not going to stockpile will invariably mean you’ll go without in the near future.

It’s up to the supermarkets to ration now not individuals’ self restraint.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 with 1411 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:38 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Some people seem to think that buying hand sanitiser will prevent them from getting the virus, it might prevent them from giving the virus to others but it's not going to stop them from getting it.

If everyone washed their hands (better than sanitiser) and didn't touch their face until they did it would help everyone, including their own chances of picking it up.

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 with 1407 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:43 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

Swansea now has the most cases in Wales. Wales has jumped from 38 cases to 60 in last 24 hours. Plot the growth on a graph. Let's not forget these are known cases.

We are doomed, doomed I say 💀
Corona Virus on 11:45 - Mar 14 with 1400 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 by Thebus

We are doomed, doomed I say 💀

The most vulnerable will be.

Corona Virus on 11:45 - Mar 14 with 1399 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

Decimalisation?

Probably

Corona Virus on 11:47 - Mar 14 with 1391 viewsmonmouth

Yes, infections will become exponential if the pandemic projections are anywhere near right.

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 14 with 1388 viewsladyjack

Jackfath older people tend to vote Conservative, there are a lot of older people in Wales, there are a lot of English born older people in Wales, if there are mass deaths lots will be older people, survivers will probably be critical of the Government's handling of the crisis whoever they are so the upshot is could we end up with a Communist People's Republic of Wales, every cloud and all that.
Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 14 with 1387 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:45 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

The most vulnerable will be.

17,000 in England alone die of flu each year. Many of those are vulnerable people.
Corona Virus on 11:49 - Mar 14 with 1379 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 14 by Thebus

17,000 in England alone die of flu each year. Many of those are vulnerable people.

I see. Let's ignore than. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Corona Virus on 11:50 - Mar 14 with 1371 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 by monmouth

If everyone washed their hands (better than sanitiser) and didn't touch their face until they did it would help everyone, including their own chances of picking it up.

I think my chances have just increased then.
Corona Virus on 11:50 - Mar 14 with 1362 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:49 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

I see. Let's ignore than. Stiff upper lip and all that.

I’d imagine more people are still dying of passive smoking each year than will die of this virus.
Corona Virus on 11:58 - Mar 14 with 1325 viewsItchySphincter

Out of interest where are you getting updated figures per area? I looked earlier and it seemed that Wales was now only publishing national figures?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 11:59 - Mar 14 with 1317 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Jackfath older people tend to vote Conservative, there are a lot of older people in Wales, there are a lot of English born older people in Wales, if there are mass deaths lots will be older people, survivers will probably be critical of the Government's handling of the crisis whoever they are so the upshot is could we end up with a Communist People's Republic of Wales, every cloud and all that.

F*ck.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 12:00 - Mar 14 with 1312 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 11:58 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Out of interest where are you getting updated figures per area? I looked earlier and it seemed that Wales was now only publishing national figures?

https://phw.nhs.wales/news/public-health-wales-statement-on-novel-coronavirus-ou

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 14 with 1283 viewsKilkennyjack

UK out of line with the rest of the world.
Whats the chances of that lazy posh w@nker Johnson getting this right, and the rest of the world being wrong ?

This us based guy thinks Boris is badly wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024