Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424856 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:43 - Jun 5 with 1538 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Another one for Djack, now the Oxford Recovery trial says HCQ doesn't work.
No Antibiotic & no Zinc, I said weeks ago how Trials are designed to fail and here we see them coming to fruition.
This while most of the rest of the world carry on treating and curing patients with the recommended cocktail.
Corona Virus on 17:44 - Jun 5 with 1540 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 09:58 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

No Zinc is not a magic substance, but it is absolutely essential for Human health.
"Zinc is needed for the proper growth and maintenance of the human body. It is found in several systems and biological reactions, and it is needed for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid function, and much more."

I see the crap HCQ Lancet study has now been withdrawn, as it should never have been published in the first place.

As you may have seen the U.K. trial of treatments (RECOVERY) as stopped HCQ as deemed completely ineffective in CoVid19. Other anti-viral,
Immunomodulatory and antibiotic combinations still being tested. Statement here:
https://www.recoverytrial.net/files/hcq-recovery-statement-050620-final-002.pdf
Corona Virus on 18:45 - Jun 5 with 1487 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 21:19 - Jun 1 by BytholWyn

Sweden, population 10 million, 4403 Covid deaths.

Denmark, Norway and Finland aggregate 16.7 million, combined 1130 Covid deaths. On a per capita basis Sweden has 6.5 times the Covid deaths of its neighbours - or around 3500 extra deaths. Hardly the poster boy for herd immunity - especially when you consider that only 7.3% of people in Stockholm (the worst affected area) had developed the antibodies needed to fight the disease by late April: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/21/health/sweden-herd-immunity-coronavirus-intl/

Attaining herd immunity via infection spread (as opposed to vaccination) is looking increasingly looking like a reckless gamble, which has needlessly cost thousands of lives in Sweden, and quite possibly tens of thousands of lives in the UK.

When it comes to the economic side of things I'd much rather be in the shoes of those countries that locked down early (New Zealand, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Denmark et al) - and now have a good chance of opening up their economies (and forming bubbles with other "clean" countries) whilst controlling likely localised spikes in infection. The UK and the USA in contrast are going to find emerging from lockdown far more challenging and may well find themselves in the ignominious position of being treated as international lepers.

But everyone seems to be overlooking the lives saved by keeping routine medical testing, making sure early diagnosis for the likes of cancer and the many other serious illnesses, Sweden unlike most other countries have made sure all these things carried on as normal, which in the long run will save a far a greater figure than the 4000 they have lost so far, my neighbour who is a consultant estimates at least a half million of these type of procedures have been cancelled in Wales alone so you can only imagine how many people will eventually lose there lives because of these delays.
Corona Virus on 19:10 - Jun 5 with 1470 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 18:45 - Jun 5 by perplex

But everyone seems to be overlooking the lives saved by keeping routine medical testing, making sure early diagnosis for the likes of cancer and the many other serious illnesses, Sweden unlike most other countries have made sure all these things carried on as normal, which in the long run will save a far a greater figure than the 4000 they have lost so far, my neighbour who is a consultant estimates at least a half million of these type of procedures have been cancelled in Wales alone so you can only imagine how many people will eventually lose there lives because of these delays.

Will we ever know the numbers of deaths because of Covid-19 but not of it or physically related to it?
I don't suppose the current UK government will want to provide them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 19:28 - Jun 5 with 1452 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Jun 5 by Catullus

Will we ever know the numbers of deaths because of Covid-19 but not of it or physically related to it?
I don't suppose the current UK government will want to provide them.

I think the only way we will ever have an idea about the impact Covid19 has had is by monitoring the number “excess deaths” over an extended period. It’s not that scientific, but it will give us an idea.
The official figures show Covid19 deaths are now over 40,000. If you total the number of deaths on the ONS website for the week ending 27th March through to 22nd May it shows that approximately 146,000 died during the 2 month period when compared to the average number of deaths recorded during the corresponding period over the previous 5 years which was approximately 91,000. The difference between the 2 periods is 56,000.
Corona Virus on 19:34 - Jun 5 with 1445 viewscontroversial_jack

Covid19 overwhelms the immune system and kills those with conditions who probably wouldn't have died from them
Corona Virus on 19:35 - Jun 5 with 1444 viewscontroversial_jack

Sweden, not doing so well now, deaths have skyrocketed
Corona Virus on 20:15 - Jun 5 with 1420 viewsZaxx

It really seems that the amount of virus that you're exposed to determines the outcome.

Why would there be so many deaths amongst healthcare workers in every single country which wasn't readily protected and prepared?
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:31 - Jun 5 with 1380 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Keeping medical tests and normal treatments has nothing to do with lockdown and all to do with seriously bad management of the hospital facilities.
Empty beds all over the country in Private & Nightingale hospitals being held in reserve for the overwhelming spike in COVID-19 cases that never came.
Every hospital with COVID patients in them instead of isolating the COVID patients.
Clueless government & NHS management.
Corona Virus on 21:35 - Jun 5 with 1375 viewsDr_Winston

Apparently there's only three people currently being treated for it between Morriston and Singleton.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 21:48 - Jun 5 with 1363 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Jun 5 by Dr_Winston

Apparently there's only three people currently being treated for it between Morriston and Singleton.

Not entirely true but fairly close.
Suspected cases within SBUHB have actually risen by 268%.

Small numbers though and hopefully they'll remain so.
Corona Virus on 21:48 - Jun 5 with 1362 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 21:31 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Keeping medical tests and normal treatments has nothing to do with lockdown and all to do with seriously bad management of the hospital facilities.
Empty beds all over the country in Private & Nightingale hospitals being held in reserve for the overwhelming spike in COVID-19 cases that never came.
Every hospital with COVID patients in them instead of isolating the COVID patients.
Clueless government & NHS management.

You’re second paragraph is complete and utter nonsense. Had they not prepared and been overwhelmed by cases, they’d have been accused of clueless governance and NHS mismanagement. In fairness it‘s one of the very few things they actually got right.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Jun 5 with 1351 viewsJack_Meoff

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Jun 5 by Dr_Winston

Not a positive test between them in 'weeks' apparently. Once the last patients are out of the Singleton Covid ward it's being closed too by all accounts.

How the f*ck this 'lockdown' is still being justified, and, even worse, this 'new normal' shit is still being pushed out is beyond me.

I thought the totalitarian land grab would look like War of the Worlds or Terminator. It's all a bit of an anticlimax, truth be told.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Jun 5 with 1351 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 21:48 - Jun 5 by Zaxx

Not entirely true but fairly close.
Suspected cases within SBUHB have actually risen by 268%.

Small numbers though and hopefully they'll remain so.

That's not what public health wales say, what is the criteria for a suspected case?
Confirmed cases in this health board have been in low single figures for a week or more.
Corona Virus on 22:04 - Jun 5 with 1327 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Jun 5 by Scotia

That's not what public health wales say, what is the criteria for a suspected case?
Confirmed cases in this health board have been in low single figures for a week or more.

Criteria for suspected cases?
Possibly suspected without being proven via testing?

One would guess that the outcome of those tests would be imminent...
Corona Virus on 22:04 - Jun 5 with 1327 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Jun 5 by Scotia

That’s the issue with the focus on the R number.

Once cases get very low, the R number can change dramatically with a few isolated incidents.

The combination of the R number and number of actual cases is the important bit.
Corona Virus on 22:06 - Jun 5 with 1318 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Jun 5 by Jack_Meoff

Not a positive test between them in 'weeks' apparently. Once the last patients are out of the Singleton Covid ward it's being closed too by all accounts.

How the f*ck this 'lockdown' is still being justified, and, even worse, this 'new normal' shit is still being pushed out is beyond me.

I thought the totalitarian land grab would look like War of the Worlds or Terminator. It's all a bit of an anticlimax, truth be told.

I‘d prefer to take the advice of scientists. Feck social media experts. Fact is UK locked down too late and are playing catch up. Don’t believe for one minute that it‘s all some type of conspiracy. Get real and take the tin foil hat off.

Corona Virus on 22:23 - Jun 5 with 1296 viewsbuilthjack

Was it 357 deaths yesterday?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 22:28 - Jun 5 with 1288 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 22:23 - Jun 5 by builthjack

Was it 357 deaths yesterday?

No. 357 new deaths were reported yesterday.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 22:33 - Jun 5 with 1274 viewsJack_Meoff

Corona Virus on 22:06 - Jun 5 by longlostjack

I‘d prefer to take the advice of scientists. Feck social media experts. Fact is UK locked down too late and are playing catch up. Don’t believe for one minute that it‘s all some type of conspiracy. Get real and take the tin foil hat off.

The ironic thing is that the government was actually following scientific advice up until around three days before lockdown. Then it completely abandoned it and decided on the lockdown policy.

Where is your scientific evidence that lockdown has saved lives?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 22:34 - Jun 5 with 1268 viewsjack2jack

Hang on, were ok!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52917118
Corona Virus on 22:35 - Jun 5 with 1268 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

That’s the issue with the focus on the R number.

Once cases get very low, the R number can change dramatically with a few isolated incidents.

The combination of the R number and number of actual cases is the important bit.

That’s why the focus here is on the Robert Koch Institute seven day average R number. It‘s replaced the daily number in German media reporting.

Corona Virus on 22:37 - Jun 5 with 1265 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Jun 5 by Jack_Meoff

Not strictly true. for Morriston anyway.Suspected cases that come through A&E, which all must, test the patients and then send them as suspected to the ward while awaiting the results. There is one ward still being used for suspected cases.the ward is not being closed for covid patients, but a section of it is still going to remain open

There have been some who have tested positive recently, but not many, so don't relax yet.This is just for those that get tested, many more will have the virus but not need hospitalisation, so the virus is still out there and very infectious
Corona Virus on 22:37 - Jun 5 with 1265 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:33 - Jun 5 by Jack_Meoff

The ironic thing is that the government was actually following scientific advice up until around three days before lockdown. Then it completely abandoned it and decided on the lockdown policy.

Where is your scientific evidence that lockdown has saved lives?

Sweden and Brazil.

Corona Virus on 22:40 - Jun 5 with 1261 viewsJack_Meoff

Corona Virus on 22:37 - Jun 5 by longlostjack

Sweden and Brazil.

Japan?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024