Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437607 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 16:13 - Mar 14 with 1539 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:10 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

No she can't.

You don’t seem to understand what’s been said.

Not for the first time.

Anyway - you and Trampie talk to each other. It’s like trying to explain things to a wall.
Corona Virus on 16:14 - Mar 14 with 1536 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 14:46 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

The power cuts and three day week were under Heath.

Yeah but I don't think (can't be bothered to check) a year was specified, just the decade AND it was said it's always the Tories. I was 6 in 73, I had my own worries and don't remember the strike.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 16:21 - Mar 14 with 1508 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 16:14 - Mar 14 by Catullus

Yeah but I don't think (can't be bothered to check) a year was specified, just the decade AND it was said it's always the Tories. I was 6 in 73, I had my own worries and don't remember the strike.

Nah there was no decade mentioned. Just power cuts, Heath and the Tories.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 16:21 - Mar 14 with 1506 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 16:12 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, especially testing and isolating people entering the country from hotspot.
The very thing this Government did NOT do.
It is the basic requirement of Quarantine which has worked for infectous deseases since the start of the 20th century.

Indeed, I'm aware of British passengers coming back off a cruise ship what was said to have had the virus and no testing by the British.
Thinking about it weren't plane passengers coming back from Italy and no testing nothing, you would think they want the population to catch it........oh wait a minute..hmm
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 16:22]
Corona Virus on 16:22 - Mar 14 with 1495 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:02 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

But Singapore have been the country that has most closely carried out the UK approach?

Anyone with mild illness asked to self quarantine. Shops etc have stayed open. Schools and workplaces have stayed open. It’s more similar to the UK suggestion than it is to Italy for example.

What they have shown, as has Korea, is the importance of massive testing. The biggest thing we need to do is start testing more people more quickly.

As usual you are wrong again, the UK government has not done the same as Indonesia have done.
First of all as of 6 March, Indonesia has only tested 450 individuals out of its 270 million population.[
Try reading about it before commenting.
Did our Government isolate possible carriers on and island?
Did they mandate that all Indonesian companies must provide their employees with coronavirus prevention devices such as face masks and hand sanitizers?
It will be very interesting to see how the desease progresses there from now on.
Corona Virus on 16:27 - Mar 14 with 1469 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:22 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

As usual you are wrong again, the UK government has not done the same as Indonesia have done.
First of all as of 6 March, Indonesia has only tested 450 individuals out of its 270 million population.[
Did they mandate that all Indonesian companies must provide their employees with coronavirus prevention devices such as face masks and hand sanitizers?
It will be very interesting to see how the desease progresses there from now on.

I have no idea what the hell you’re on about.
Corona Virus on 16:30 - Mar 14 with 1453 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 16:27 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

I have no idea what the hell you’re on about.

I read it as you mentioned Singapore and he turned Singapore into Indonesia. I'm not entirely sure though.
Corona Virus on 16:31 - Mar 14 with 1445 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 16:21 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

Nah there was no decade mentioned. Just power cuts, Heath and the Tories.

Actually Monmouth said he remembered his mother panic buying in the 70's for some reason, then Gowerjack replied, ending with it's always the Tories.

Gowerjack actually quoted Monmouth.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:35 - Mar 14 with 1421 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:30 - Mar 14 by Garyjack

I read it as you mentioned Singapore and he turned Singapore into Indonesia. I'm not entirely sure though.

Ah. Thanks.

I’m thinking that someone who doesn’t know they are two entirely different countries may not be the best person to listen to on this ...
Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 14 with 1388 viewsCatullus

Some observations, Lisa, she has been saying what has been happening but not saying she agreed with it. AFD and Ladyjack have rounded on her as if she's Bojo in disguise.
Ladyjack says it's not trolling but then posts a pithy comment ending with a lol, seems like a wind up to me.

I have no idea what will wok, what the right answer is in how to deal with this but neither do many of the experts. If experts disagree those in power have to go with one of the options. In that case they can never win, even if they take the right option because when people are dying the opposition will always use it to attack you and say you could have done better.

I'm sticking with the hand washing, the social distancing but otherwise getting on with life as normally as possible. Many of us on here will probably get the virus, hopefully nobody succumbs to it, it really would help if people didn't panic.

Corona Virus on 16:47 - Mar 14 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:30 - Mar 14 by Garyjack

Sorry, it was a typo.
Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 14 with 1372 viewsHighjack

They’ve completely shut off my grans care home now which is sensible but it must be hard for a lot of them to be completely locked up alone and not have any family visiting anymore.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 1371 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 16:47 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, it was a typo.

A typo is when your finger slips and you misspell a word. A typo is not when you mistake one country for a whole other country.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 16:53]

Corona Virus on 16:50 - Mar 14 with 1367 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 14 by Highjack

They’ve completely shut off my grans care home now which is sensible but it must be hard for a lot of them to be completely locked up alone and not have any family visiting anymore.

Yup. Another reason why the lockdown policy is fraught with problems. Hope Nana Highjack is ok.

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 14 with 1359 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 13:08 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

We should have shut certain things down days ago but didn't and have left it late, we have had the opportunity to learn from other countries but are slow to react/u-turn.
Boris seems to be waiting to see what Nicola Sturgeon does up in Scotland and then copies her, perhaps they have better experts and statisticians advising her than he has, or perhaps she is just cleverer than him.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 13:22]

Maybe we have learnt from other countries. Nicola Sturgeon is poison, all that authority and no responsibility, a charlatan and snake oil salesperson.

You seem really dense about it all.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 16:58 - Mar 14 with 1343 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 14 by Highjack

Very frightening for people in that position.

I hope she stays well highjack.
Corona Virus on 16:58 - Mar 14 with 1340 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 14 by Catullus

Some observations, Lisa, she has been saying what has been happening but not saying she agreed with it. AFD and Ladyjack have rounded on her as if she's Bojo in disguise.
Ladyjack says it's not trolling but then posts a pithy comment ending with a lol, seems like a wind up to me.

I have no idea what will wok, what the right answer is in how to deal with this but neither do many of the experts. If experts disagree those in power have to go with one of the options. In that case they can never win, even if they take the right option because when people are dying the opposition will always use it to attack you and say you could have done better.

I'm sticking with the hand washing, the social distancing but otherwise getting on with life as normally as possible. Many of us on here will probably get the virus, hopefully nobody succumbs to it, it really would help if people didn't panic.

This situation is going to be a learning experience for NHS staff... When they had the CJD/BSE situation many a doctor tuned in to listen to a Dimbleby 'special' involving Prof Tony Minson and Prof Richard Lacey to become informed and up to date. Even that two had a difference of opinion, but nevertheless they still educated those from a different field of expertise. You're bang on about disagreement.

The opinion of virologists and epidemiologists is going to be of major interest.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 16:59]

Argus!

Corona Virus on 16:59 - Mar 14 with 1334 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:47 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, it was a typo.

Lol.

Was it a typo that Singapore has 270m and had done 400 odd tests?
Corona Virus on 17:01 - Mar 14 with 1323 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Maybe we have learnt from other countries. Nicola Sturgeon is poison, all that authority and no responsibility, a charlatan and snake oil salesperson.

I thought she was pathetic giving a press conference before Johnson on Thursday. To try to score points.

It’s more serious than that.
Corona Virus on 17:02 - Mar 14 with 1317 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 16:12 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, especially testing and isolating people entering the country from hotspot.
The very thing this Government did NOT do.
It is the basic requirement of Quarantine which has worked for infectous deseases since the start of the 20th century.

Some countries have been testing on arrival and we should have been doing it.

I see the President Trump has now extended the ban on flights to include the U.K. and Ireland, to be honest I don’t blame him.
Corona Virus on 17:02 - Mar 14 with 1316 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 16:22 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

“As usual”

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 17:11 - Mar 14 with 1283 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Mar 14 by majorraglan

Some countries have been testing on arrival and we should have been doing it.

I see the President Trump has now extended the ban on flights to include the U.K. and Ireland, to be honest I don’t blame him.

Banning flights from Europe as a whole at least makes some sense rather than banning them from everywhere he doesn’t have a golf course.

Whether it’s right or not who knows, but that’s a matter for the Americans.
Corona Virus on 17:12 - Mar 14 with 1281 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Italy up 3497 cases in a day.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 17:14 - Mar 14 with 1271 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 14 by Catullus

Thank you Catullus. I thought it was obvious, but obviously not to AFD and Trampie.
Corona Virus on 17:18 - Mar 14 with 1251 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Banning large gatherings to reduce the impact on emergency services was a Scottish Government decision and Nicola Sturgeon is their leader, The Westminster Government u-turned days later when various organisations started to stop events off their own back in England and Wales forcing Boris hand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024