Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437990 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Mar 14 with 1771 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:12 - Mar 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Italy up 3497 cases in a day.

What is more positive, is their recoveries are really starting to increase now. Almost 2000 recovered.

And although their number infected looks terrifying, it’s a very, very small % of their population.

Hope it stays that way.
Corona Virus on 17:21 - Mar 14 with 1783 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 14:07 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

So point 4 says "The UKs want infection BUT of particular categories of people."
And point 5 says ""at the moment the Government wants people to get infected, up until hospitals reach capacity"

Jesus Christ! You surpass yourself with each post. Infection is here, the horse has bolted - no one wants infection but the principle of slowly building immunity to protect the vulnerable is a sound one. No one knows if it will work but one thing is for sure and it's that you're are making yourself look ridiculous with each comment.

It sounds like that if you had you're way we'd be in lock down quarantine now? How would that help to beat the virus and protect the vulnerable when people get pissed off about being told to stay in so decide to go out again in a couple of weeks time? Is that what you're advocating?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Mar 14 with 1776 viewsGreatBritton

Like the professor, I am vulnerable, being (just) over 70 and suffering from a chronic respiratory disease. Also, I am currently child minding my one year old grandson for part of the week, but I fear I could easily be infected by him because he attends a nursery for some of the week.

I would normally make some sort of joke about the matter but these are not normal times. I haven't been this afraid since I started to open my 'A' level results envelope. There, I kind of made a joke, but I'm not laughing really. I genuinely think that I may be one of the ones ascrificed to save the herd. #Prey for GreatBritton
Corona Virus on 17:25 - Mar 14 with 1763 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 14 by Catullus

Some observations, Lisa, she has been saying what has been happening but not saying she agreed with it. AFD and Ladyjack have rounded on her as if she's Bojo in disguise.
Ladyjack says it's not trolling but then posts a pithy comment ending with a lol, seems like a wind up to me.

I have no idea what will wok, what the right answer is in how to deal with this but neither do many of the experts. If experts disagree those in power have to go with one of the options. In that case they can never win, even if they take the right option because when people are dying the opposition will always use it to attack you and say you could have done better.

I'm sticking with the hand washing, the social distancing but otherwise getting on with life as normally as possible. Many of us on here will probably get the virus, hopefully nobody succumbs to it, it really would help if people didn't panic.

Most experts across the World agree but apparently some of ours don't.
There again our tactics could purely be down to money.
Corona Virus on 17:27 - Mar 14 with 1750 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

What is more positive, is their recoveries are really starting to increase now. Almost 2000 recovered.

And although their number infected looks terrifying, it’s a very, very small % of their population.

Hope it stays that way.

Italy now 350 cases per 1M population. UK 17 per 1M

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Mar 14 with 1741 viewsexiledclaseboy

This talk of people being “sacrificed” is ridiculous. Some people will die from this. Possibly lots. But no one will be sacrificed or left to die. The strategy, such as it is, is to let those of us who can get infected without too much bother get on with it while trying to delay the peak of the outbreak until the better weather comes along and NHS resources are less stretched so better able to treat those who won’t be able to cope with the virus as well as other. The old, infirm, vulnerable and those with existing conditions. I have no idea whether this approach will work, none of us does, but it’s no better or worse a strategy than any other country as far as I can tell.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 19:22]

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 17:30 - Mar 14 with 1737 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:59 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Was it a typo that Singapore has 270m and had done 400 odd tests?

The data is for Indonesia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Indonesia
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 17:33]
Corona Virus on 17:35 - Mar 14 with 1719 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

This talk of people being “sacrificed” is ridiculous. Some people will die from this. Possibly lots. But no one will be sacrificed or left to die. The strategy, such as it is, is to let those of us who can get infected without too much bother get on with it while trying to delay the peak of the outbreak until the better weather comes along and NHS resources are less stretched so better able to treat those who won’t be able to cope with the virus as well as other. The old, infirm, vulnerable and those with existing conditions. I have no idea whether this approach will work, none of us does, but it’s no better or worse a strategy than any other country as far as I can tell.

"But no one will be sacrificed or left to die".
Have you read anything about the situation in Italy, s you appear clueless as to what is happening there?
Which will be where we are in 10-14 days time.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 18:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 17:37 - Mar 14 with 1711 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Mar 14 by GreatBritton

Like the professor, I am vulnerable, being (just) over 70 and suffering from a chronic respiratory disease. Also, I am currently child minding my one year old grandson for part of the week, but I fear I could easily be infected by him because he attends a nursery for some of the week.

I would normally make some sort of joke about the matter but these are not normal times. I haven't been this afraid since I started to open my 'A' level results envelope. There, I kind of made a joke, but I'm not laughing really. I genuinely think that I may be one of the ones ascrificed to save the herd. #Prey for GreatBritton

GB I hope things go ok for you. You can of course protect yourself by regular washing of hands especially as you come home from being outside NOT TOUCHING your face and reduce all other social interactions.

Get someone to organise a food and medicines supply for you.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 17:41 - Mar 14 with 1694 viewsNeath_Jack

How come, no matter what the subject on here, it is the same posters who try to rubbish everything with their supposed knowledge? Do they do it on purpose? Is trolling their hobby?

I can imagine them sitting back in their sweat stained vest, laughing manically as they hit the add reply button. Thinking to themselves that they've shown 'em.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 18:01 - Mar 14 with 1631 viewsGreatBritton

Corona Virus on 17:37 - Mar 14 by legoman

GB I hope things go ok for you. You can of course protect yourself by regular washing of hands especially as you come home from being outside NOT TOUCHING your face and reduce all other social interactions.

Get someone to organise a food and medicines supply for you.

Thanks for that. I spend a lot of time watching Sky Sports normally, but that rich and repetitive pleasure seems to be rather pointless now. I also come on here and fritter a fair bit of time smiling at the witiicisms (I refer you to the comment about Grandpa shitting in someone's garden on the cat poo thread), yawning at the illiterate poltical jibes and wondering at the experitse of some of the better posters. I reckon I can carry on with that. I also read voraciously so 's all good, man there. As you can tell from that last allusion I also watch Netflix series. I won't get bored and I won't starve. I may not die either but I'm a very diligent atheist, so I'm well aware that this is all there is, and I'd like a bit more please.
Corona Virus on 18:12 - Mar 14 with 1611 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 17:01 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

I thought she was pathetic giving a press conference before Johnson on Thursday. To try to score points.

It’s more serious than that.

She's terrible.

Corona Virus on 18:14 - Mar 14 with 1605 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 17:18 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Banning large gatherings to reduce the impact on emergency services was a Scottish Government decision and Nicola Sturgeon is their leader, The Westminster Government u-turned days later when various organisations started to stop events off their own back in England and Wales forcing Boris hand.

It's about the timeline you berk. The actions will be the same, the issue is when to implement. Dear me.

Corona Virus on 18:15 - Mar 14 with 1599 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 15:49 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

It would end in disaster, especially as the days get longer and warmer.

So you believe that all the other countries have the wrong approach ?
🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 18:17 - Mar 14 with 1592 viewsItchySphincter

Can a mod unlock my 'Troll Hall of Fame' thread?

Please, thank you.

Corona Virus on 18:18 - Mar 14 with 1588 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:15 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

So you believe that all the other countries have the wrong approach ?
🤷‍♂️

I believe that no one knows what the right approach is or was and won’t know until all this is over. And even then all different approaches are likely to have their own advantages and disadvantages and that no one approach will prove to be the “right” one. You also have to consider different cultures and systems. What might work in an authoritarian country like, for example, China, will get short shrift in advanced democracies.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 18:24]

Corona Virus on 18:47 - Mar 14 with 1518 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 18:18 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

I believe that no one knows what the right approach is or was and won’t know until all this is over. And even then all different approaches are likely to have their own advantages and disadvantages and that no one approach will prove to be the “right” one. You also have to consider different cultures and systems. What might work in an authoritarian country like, for example, China, will get short shrift in advanced democracies.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 18:24]

One small example, despite the ban on large gatherings, the Gilet Jaunes were out in their hundreds in Paris today, would that happen in China?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 18:48]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 18:50 - Mar 14 with 1506 viewsdickythorpe

France shutting down cafes, shops, restaurants and cinemas......it's getting closer to home now.
Corona Virus on 18:53 - Mar 14 with 1500 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

Smacks of Cummings to me.

It's not difficult to imagine a scenario where the boffins come up with various strategies and Cummings arguing for the one selected..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 18:55 - Mar 14 with 1490 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:53 - Mar 14 by Gowerjack

Smacks of Cummings to me.

It's not difficult to imagine a scenario where the boffins come up with various strategies and Cummings arguing for the one selected..

Nah.

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:12 - Mar 14 with 1451 viewshowenjack

[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 19:38]
Corona Virus on 19:14 - Mar 14 with 1444 viewsexiledclaseboy

What this thread definitely needed is a YouTube video.

Corona Virus on 19:24 - Mar 14 with 1410 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:14 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

What this thread definitely needed is a YouTube video.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 19:30 - Mar 14 with 1400 viewshowenjack

Corona Virus (n/t) on 19:30 - Mar 14 with 1399 viewshowenjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024