Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437485 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:56 - Mar 15 with 1553 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:27 - Mar 15 by ItchySphincter

The obligatory youtube video.......

People who refuse to change their opinion will always refuse and those thicker than mince won't get it, but this illustrates the thought process quite nicely. No one is stating it is right, but it is an approach that you should try to understand at least.

*edit - link now working.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 11:30]

Those buckets are so useful, cool video a few unrealistic assumptions
a. The whole population (bucket) will become infected
b. All those infected will need treatment in the health service (bottle)

However mostly does not affect the general concept being shown, to attempt to flatten the peak.

Question is, will we be feeding the ferocity of the infection down the line (will more in the bucket become infected?)

Will our actions encourage the virus to mutate (into a stronger or weaker version). Or would more lockdown allow time for the virus to learn, if it wants to mingle it will have to improve its manners?

As time progresses will the apparently strongest become most susceptible to succumb to the virus as happened in the 1918 pandemic.
Corona Virus on 12:56 - Mar 15 with 1553 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:42 - Mar 15 by ItchySphincter

.... so the principle of building up herd immunity and easing strain on the health system by controlling infection is a sound one then? No?

Only if you are a really callous Bar Steward and don't mind how many people suffer and die.
Want to volunteer yourself or older loved ones to save the others next year?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:03]
Corona Virus on 12:56 - Mar 15 with 1553 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I posted this way back in this thread, perhaps you didn't see it or bother to read it.
It explains what Vaccinations do and don't do and Curing Flu is not one of them.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/misconceptions.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

It helps prevent flu symptoms getting bad by alerting the immune system, but not for everyone who has the jab.
Read it for yourself.

ps don't shoot the messenger.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:54]

Not sure why you two headers are trying to drag me in to you agenda re the flu? Odd. Why don’t you just talk between yourselves about it....

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 13:00 - Mar 15 with 1535 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I am coming to the conclusion that I am going to have to self isolate and it may as well start now. My wife will join me otherwise I’ll be confined to one room for who knows how long so we’ll joint isolate.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 13:09 - Mar 15 with 1503 viewsNeath_Jack

Dr Giri Shankar, Incident Director for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak response at Public Health Wales, said:

“We can confirm that 34 new cases have tested positive for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Wales, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 94.

“Public Health Wales is working within the phased approach to tackling the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outlined in the UK Coronavirus Action Plan - to contain, delay, research and mitigate.

“We are working with our partners in the Welsh Government, the wider NHS in Wales, and others now that we have entered the ‘delay’ phase. This is now not just an attempt to contain the disease, as far as possible, but to delay its spread.

“The advice for the public changed. People no longer need to contact NHS 111 if they think they may have contracted Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Instead, anyone who has a high temperature or a new continuous cough should stay at home for seven days. They should not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

“They should only contact NHS 111 if they feel they cannot cope with their symptoms at home, their condition gets worse, or their symptoms do not get better after seven days.”

“The public play an important role in this new phase. By following the latest advice, you will protect yourself, protect the most vulnerable, and delay and flatten the peak, which will reduce the pressure on NHS Wales and minimise the impact of the virus.

“The move into the ‘delay’ phase, will include working closely with health boards, NHS 111 and the Welsh Government towards transitioning away from community testing and contact tracing. Testing will now focus on cases admitted to hospital, in line with national guidance, and based on symptoms and severity.

“The move away from community testing gives us greater capacity to test in hospital settings, where the most vulnerable patients will be cared for.

“While there is no longer a need to identify every case through community testing, we will still need to and will be able to report on Novel Coronavirus level in Wales. In a similar way to our seasonal flu reporting, we will be undertaking routine Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) surveillance which will help us understand the picture in Wales.

We will therefore continue in the short term to report numbers of confirmed cases, which will give us some indication of the picture in Wales.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 13:17 - Mar 15 with 1467 viewsJackfath

ASDA Gorseinon this morning was like the last few shopping days before Christmas. I went and walked out due to the numbers panicking in there.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 13:20 - Mar 15 with 1449 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 13:17 - Mar 15 by Jackfath

ASDA Gorseinon this morning was like the last few shopping days before Christmas. I went and walked out due to the numbers panicking in there.

Folk are beginning to get right on my nubs now,just wtf do they think they are going to achieve.
Corona Virus on 13:23 - Mar 15 with 1435 viewsladyjack

What was happening, were they after certain goods ?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:26 - Mar 15 with 1422 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 12:54 - Mar 15 by ExiledJack

It’s not sound because we don’t know if any immunity will develop and we don’t know the long term health impact of COVID-19.

We do know that if you prevent transmission, the virus doesn’t spread. Apparently the behavioural scientists concluded that the public would not accept the necessary measures to prevent transmission earlier when it would have been far easier to do so.

There’s a juxtaposition in what you wrote, or maybe it’s irony, I’m not really sure, but it’s like conversing with pork on here.

Corona Virus on 13:27 - Mar 15 with 1411 viewsPacemaker

The Italians are often stereotyped as being a bit dramatic but despite the dreadful situation there at the moment they are showing us how to respond by being kind and considerate to others.

Andra’ tutto bene ......everything will be alright.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Corona Virus on 13:28 - Mar 15 with 1411 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 13:23 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

What was happening, were they after certain goods ?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:27]

I didn't hang around. There were many older people there though. This is the beginning. Wait until the rest of society is told they're going to have to isolate.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Corona Virus on 13:28 - Mar 15 with 1408 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 13:09 - Mar 15 by Neath_Jack

Dr Giri Shankar, Incident Director for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak response at Public Health Wales, said:

“We can confirm that 34 new cases have tested positive for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Wales, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 94.

“Public Health Wales is working within the phased approach to tackling the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outlined in the UK Coronavirus Action Plan - to contain, delay, research and mitigate.

“We are working with our partners in the Welsh Government, the wider NHS in Wales, and others now that we have entered the ‘delay’ phase. This is now not just an attempt to contain the disease, as far as possible, but to delay its spread.

“The advice for the public changed. People no longer need to contact NHS 111 if they think they may have contracted Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Instead, anyone who has a high temperature or a new continuous cough should stay at home for seven days. They should not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

“They should only contact NHS 111 if they feel they cannot cope with their symptoms at home, their condition gets worse, or their symptoms do not get better after seven days.”

“The public play an important role in this new phase. By following the latest advice, you will protect yourself, protect the most vulnerable, and delay and flatten the peak, which will reduce the pressure on NHS Wales and minimise the impact of the virus.

“The move into the ‘delay’ phase, will include working closely with health boards, NHS 111 and the Welsh Government towards transitioning away from community testing and contact tracing. Testing will now focus on cases admitted to hospital, in line with national guidance, and based on symptoms and severity.

“The move away from community testing gives us greater capacity to test in hospital settings, where the most vulnerable patients will be cared for.

“While there is no longer a need to identify every case through community testing, we will still need to and will be able to report on Novel Coronavirus level in Wales. In a similar way to our seasonal flu reporting, we will be undertaking routine Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) surveillance which will help us understand the picture in Wales.

We will therefore continue in the short term to report numbers of confirmed cases, which will give us some indication of the picture in Wales.

Thanks.

Much more informative than the nutters running around here going off about Dr Evil.

Corona Virus on 13:29 - Mar 15 with 1405 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:28 - Mar 15 by Jackfath

I didn't hang around. There were many older people there though. This is the beginning. Wait until the rest of society is told they're going to have to isolate.

What do you think will happen then ?
Corona Virus on 13:32 - Mar 15 with 1395 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 13:29 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

What do you think will happen then ?

Three weeks until school holidays. If Boris and his crew can keep schools in until then (I'm not sure he will) then many of the kids and teachers and other school staff will be infected (part of his plan). Release into the community and then see what happens...

Corona Virus on 13:40 - Mar 15 with 1365 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:56 - Mar 15 by ItchySphincter

Not sure why you two headers are trying to drag me in to you agenda re the flu? Odd. Why don’t you just talk between yourselves about it....

No, what is odd is that you argued with Ladyjack that immunisation is a cure and when I point to the facts that you are wrong instead of manning up and saying so and thanks for the info you throw your toys out of the pram.
Corona Virus on 13:49 - Mar 15 with 1332 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:32 - Mar 15 by Jackfath

Three weeks until school holidays. If Boris and his crew can keep schools in until then (I'm not sure he will) then many of the kids and teachers and other school staff will be infected (part of his plan). Release into the community and then see what happens...

It's a risky strategy and it might be that students and teachers are going to be the guinea pigs.
Corona Virus on 13:50 - Mar 15 with 1329 viewsThebus

I was in Asda in Morriston a few hours ago, and didn’t see any panic buying. Shelves seemed full too.
Corona Virus on 13:51 - Mar 15 with 1318 viewsJoe_bradshaw

i see we're top of the table:-

How many coronavirus cases are there in Wales?
The local authority locations of all 94 confirmed cases to date in Wales are:
18 cases in Swansea
11 in Caerphilly
11 in Neath Port Talbot
Eight in Cardiff
Seven in Carmarthenshire
Five in Monmouthshire
Five in Newport
Five in Powys
Three in Blaenau Gwent
Two in Pembrokeshire
Two in Rhondda Cynon Taf
Two in Torfaen
One in Anglesey
One in Bridgend
One in Ceredigion
One in Conwy
One in Flintshire
One in Vale of Glamorgan
One in Wrexham
Source: PHW

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 13:52 - Mar 15 with 1318 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:56 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Only if you are a really callous Bar Steward and don't mind how many people suffer and die.
Want to volunteer yourself or older loved ones to save the others next year?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:03]

Absolute nonsense. What’s your answer then. The entire nation to go into hibernation for months ?
Corona Virus on 13:54 - Mar 15 with 1309 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:28 - Mar 15 by ItchySphincter

Thanks.

Much more informative than the nutters running around here going off about Dr Evil.

No worries, but bear in mind that the actual number of infected is likely to be higher than those figures, due to them only testing those that are in hospital (as far as I'm aware).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 13:58 - Mar 15 with 1285 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 13:40 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

No, what is odd is that you argued with Ladyjack that immunisation is a cure and when I point to the facts that you are wrong instead of manning up and saying so and thanks for the info you throw your toys out of the pram.

Cool. I haven't done any of the things you've just suggested I have.

As you were.

Corona Virus on 13:59 - Mar 15 with 1280 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 13:54 - Mar 15 by Neath_Jack

No worries, but bear in mind that the actual number of infected is likely to be higher than those figures, due to them only testing those that are in hospital (as far as I'm aware).

Of course.

Corona Virus on 14:01 - Mar 15 with 1276 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 13:54 - Mar 15 by Neath_Jack

Yes and therefore the actual death rate is well below 1 %
Corona Virus on 14:02 - Mar 15 with 1272 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 13:52 - Mar 15 by Thebus

Absolute nonsense. What’s your answer then. The entire nation to go into hibernation for months ?

Are you over 60?
Got an underying health problem?
Want to volunteer?
Why don't you want to do what the rest od the world are doing?
Corona Virus on 14:02 - Mar 15 with 1272 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 13:52 - Mar 15 by Thebus

Add to that, when people come out of hibernation the virus is still out there. I saw what Lisa went through with them yesterday and now I've allowed myself to be pulled in too. It really is pointless.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024