Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432654 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:36 - Mar 15 with 1801 viewsThebus

Since Coronavirus virus was first reported - 5,700 people worldwide have died, compared to 314,000 from TB, hiv/aids 154,000, malaria 80,000 and seasonal flu between 58,000 - 130,000.
Corona Virus on 15:37 - Mar 15 with 1805 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 15:22 - Mar 15 by monmouth

The success, or otherwise, of any strategy will only be apparent in hindsight. Countries on lockdown have no real idea how to get out of it. Without immunity it will rise again. Containment only works until you stop containing. Like it or not, the UK strategy is as valid as any other at the moment. Warmer weather will help, but the only way to be immune is to get it or get a vaccine, and I suppose there is no guarantee then. This thing might be with us for good, like flu, only more like flu on steroids.

Nothing's easier than shouting 'do something different'. The whole world is an experiment at the moment, not just the UK.

Didn't mean to quote, I'm basically agreeing. The expertise on here knowing what to do is breathtaking.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 15:24]

You've basically wrapped up in a nutshell what approximately half of us have been saying. The other half are going on about Dr. Evil and Nazis.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Mar 15 with 1796 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 15:22 - Mar 15 by monmouth

The success, or otherwise, of any strategy will only be apparent in hindsight. Countries on lockdown have no real idea how to get out of it. Without immunity it will rise again. Containment only works until you stop containing. Like it or not, the UK strategy is as valid as any other at the moment. Warmer weather will help, but the only way to be immune is to get it or get a vaccine, and I suppose there is no guarantee then. This thing might be with us for good, like flu, only more like flu on steroids.

Nothing's easier than shouting 'do something different'. The whole world is an experiment at the moment, not just the UK.

Didn't mean to quote, I'm basically agreeing. The expertise on here knowing what to do is breathtaking.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 15:24]

As regards other countries won't herd immunity naturally occur ?, is there any need to allow huge groups of people to be exposed to the virus.
Corona Virus on 15:44 - Mar 15 with 1769 viewsPorthcawlswan

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

As regards other countries won't herd immunity naturally occur ?, is there any need to allow huge groups of people to be exposed to the virus.

In the limited studies they have done it looks as though catching it will only give you temporary immunity, meaning that you can catch it again
Corona Virus on 15:51 - Mar 15 with 1737 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 15:44 - Mar 15 by Porthcawlswan

In the limited studies they have done it looks as though catching it will only give you temporary immunity, meaning that you can catch it again

I was told that last night, and that BoJo's plan involved not one unknown thing going right but several unknowns coming together and all working for the plan to be a success, like playing Russian roulette but with only one empty chamber and all bullets in the rest.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 15:52]
Corona Virus on 16:19 - Mar 15 with 1674 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:12 - Mar 15 by ploppy

Mute? It's moot, mate. There's some real brainboxes on here and yet they're criticising medical experts.

Anyway, as someone else said, calm down.

Thank you for the spelling correction.
Corona Virus on 16:31 - Mar 15 with 1635 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 15:36 - Mar 15 by Thebus

Since Coronavirus virus was first reported - 5,700 people worldwide have died, compared to 314,000 from TB, hiv/aids 154,000, malaria 80,000 and seasonal flu between 58,000 - 130,000.

Good post: " data has no meaning except in context '

Source?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 16:40 - Mar 15 with 1604 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 15:01 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you not recognise the term "the end justifies the means"?
Wouldn't you say that gaining possible herd immunity for next year or the next wave at the expense of containment and all the other means combined that other countries are using to protect their weak fits that description.
ie Testing, masks, hand washing, isolation, public spacing when you can't isolate etc.

Did you bother to read the article posted by the prof?

Would you still feel the same if it meant that the children and young were going to die instead of the old and infirm?
Would that be an acceptable cost to you?

Mind you it is now moot because the Government are falling in line other countries for some aspects of their policy and backtracking on the herd immunity.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 16:21]

All through history the phrase 'the end justifies the means' has been used it's hardly akin to 'Arbeit macht frei' besides which the only thing that is acceptable is keeping the death toll as low as possible.
Of course you could be accusing Bojo of nurder, are you? Are you saying he could keep deaths down to 10,000 but is really quite happy if half a million sick, elderly people die? Is he using these means because that's his endgame plan?

It's all sounding quite hysterical now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 15 with 1571 viewsmonmouth

Anyway, I just nipped into Tesco to get some 'first defence' as I'm a bit sniffy with the beginnings of a common cold (I hope) and some cretin walked past me with 12 BOXES of kit kats in the trolley. I kid you not.

What the hell is wrong with people.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 16:51 - Mar 15 with 1556 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 15 by monmouth

Anyway, I just nipped into Tesco to get some 'first defence' as I'm a bit sniffy with the beginnings of a common cold (I hope) and some cretin walked past me with 12 BOXES of kit kats in the trolley. I kid you not.

What the hell is wrong with you, going into Tesco with symptoms 🤜
You must be dull
Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 15 with 1549 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 16:40 - Mar 15 by Catullus

All through history the phrase 'the end justifies the means' has been used it's hardly akin to 'Arbeit macht frei' besides which the only thing that is acceptable is keeping the death toll as low as possible.
Of course you could be accusing Bojo of nurder, are you? Are you saying he could keep deaths down to 10,000 but is really quite happy if half a million sick, elderly people die? Is he using these means because that's his endgame plan?

When I was out last night somebody said that Boris plan reminded him of Aktion T4 and today I have seen others say the same online (don't look it up Catullus its horrific), the end justifying the means is not ethical, I don't like BoJo's plan it is like something straight out of the Nazis playbook.
Exposing people to the virus is not a good look, protecting them is more of a natural response.
Corona Virus on 16:55 - Mar 15 with 1527 viewsladyjack

Aren't you an advocate of Boris herd immunity plan ?, if so are you actively trying to carry the plan out ?
Corona Virus on 16:57 - Mar 15 with 1509 viewsjack2jack

Worra kit tvvat. Not you obviously Monny👍
Corona Virus on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 1496 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Perhaps they just like Kit Kats?
I wonder how anyone could buy for a party (I know that are not PC now) without appearing to be hoarding.
Similarly suppose you want to shop for a few old people on lock down, it could be very embarrassing.
Corona Virus on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 1487 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

When I was out last night somebody said that Boris plan reminded him of Aktion T4 and today I have seen others say the same online (don't look it up Catullus its horrific), the end justifying the means is not ethical, I don't like BoJo's plan it is like something straight out of the Nazis playbook.
Exposing people to the virus is not a good look, protecting them is more of a natural response.

You’re a lunatic mush.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Mar 15 with 1476 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The plan to use retired doctors and nurses to serve on the front line of the NHS at the point of greatest need seems to be flawed to me. Loads of them will be self isolating at the time due to age and underlying health conditions.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Mar 15 with 1467 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

People everywhere I go are always discussing Aktion T4 in relation to current events. The young people in the bars and nightclubs can’t get enough of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 1453 viewssherpajacob

Corona Virus on 15:36 - Mar 15 by Thebus

Since Corona virus was first reported approx. 3,500 people worldwide have died in road traffic accidents, EVERY DAY.

Countries and regions going into lockdown will save more lives through reduced traffic than reduced infection.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Mar 15 with 1427 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Mar 15 by Highjack

People everywhere I go are always discussing Aktion T4 in relation to current events. The young people in the bars and nightclubs can’t get enough of it.

Locking down older people seems at odds with this nonsense theory.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Mar 15 with 1426 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

Aren't you an advocate of Boris herd immunity plan ?, if so are you actively trying to carry the plan out ?

Stop trolling. I'm not advocating anything at all.

Corona Virus on 17:13 - Mar 15 with 1407 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:40 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Should the plan have killed 100,000 instead of say 10,000 I would consider that negligent manslaughter by him and his experts, not "nurder".
Using the public for an experiment that the rest of the world would not condone does not sound like good statemanship to me.
You are free to disagree and I am not pushing my view on you, just esxplaining my position on the subject.
Although you do say "the only thing that is acceptable is keeping the death toll as low as possible.".

Not many on here have mentioned treatment, of which there are quite a few showing promise at reducing the symptoms especially remdesivir.
Scientists are even looking at the affect of anti-malarial drugs based on Quinine on inhibiting this virus. Which of course is very cheap.
Corona Virus on 17:15 - Mar 15 with 1399 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 16:19 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Thank you for the spelling correction.

I'll take that as a sarcastic response. My comment was actually meant to be taken more seriously than that. You don't know the difference between "mute" and "moot", which is pretty basic, and yet you're on here commenting on a complicated medical/scientific issue.
Corona Virus on 17:15 - Mar 15 with 1396 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 17:00 - Mar 15 by exiledclaseboy

You’re a lunatic mush.

Come on Boris there must be better plans of attack out there, this one is not a good look.
Corona Virus on 17:17 - Mar 15 with 1382 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Mar 15 by monmouth

Stop trolling. I'm not advocating anything at all.

Do you think it was wise to go into Tesco's with a cold ?
Corona Virus on 17:19 - Mar 15 with 1358 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 17:17 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

Do you think it was wise to go into Tesco's with a cold ?

Do you think it's wise you post opinions when your head is full of shit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024