Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437408 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:00 - Mar 16 with 1682 viewsOldjack

Avoid socializing ,but schools to remain open ,wtf !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 18:03 - Mar 16 with 1674 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

You seem to be changing your mind on the merits of the UKs response to the Coronavirus, I thought from your previous posts that you initially seemed quite positive but now you seem to be quite negative.

Totally agnostic. It is the non testing of the strategy and the reasons that I object to. Just keeping on repeating ‘the science’. I have no idea if the strategy is right or wrong, but it’s increasingly looking to me like it is not really a planned strategy at all sounding like they have no confidence in what they have previously said Or the consequences of it. In which case that’s a different kettle of bananas.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Mar 16 with 1604 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:56 - Mar 16 by Professor

Not as yet-but there is for other coronaviruses

There are reports coming out that, as hoped, this virus is being affected by sunlight.
Corona Virus on 18:41 - Mar 16 with 1561 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

There are reports coming out that, as hoped, this virus is being affected by sunlight.

Where is that being reported?
Corona Virus on 18:48 - Mar 16 with 1544 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:41 - Mar 16 by hobo

Where is that being reported?

Research done by Hong Kong University.

I can’t remember where I read it. They said that it was an early report and not certain, but they had grown the virus in the lab and had subjected it to different temperatures / UV etc and had found it was weakened.

As I read it, it’s very early days though for them to know for sure, but there are a lot of tests being done to see if that conclusion is right or not.
Corona Virus on 18:55 - Mar 16 with 1518 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 18:48 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

I can’t remember where I read it. They said that it was an early report and not certain, but they had grown the virus in the lab and had subjected it to different temperatures / UV etc and had found it was weakened.

As I read it, it’s very early days though for them to know for sure, but there are a lot of tests being done to see if that conclusion is right or not.

You can't remember, that's a pity it would have been interesting to see that.
Corona Virus on 19:05 - Mar 16 with 1482 viewsDarran

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/11/facebook-posts/sun-exposure-do

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 19:08 - Mar 16 with 1478 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:05 - Mar 16 by Darran

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/11/facebook-posts/sun-exposure-do

It’s changing rapidly though.

That’s in response to an assumption. There are studies being done all the time at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:09 - Mar 16 with 1474 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:48 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Based on other coronavirus & Flu tests they like temperatures below 30C with low humidity.
Which doesn't help a lot of the northern hemisphere.
There doesn't appear to be any correlation for COV 19 yet.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/no-correlation-bet

Testing continues.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:44]
Corona Virus on 19:11 - Mar 16 with 1463 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:55 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

You can't remember, that's a pity it would have been interesting to see that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/other/higher-temperatures-affect-survival-of-n

There you go - a link to the study. This isn’t where I saw it, but I’ve used what s known as a search engine.

2 days old.
Corona Virus on 19:24 - Mar 16 with 1411 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:11 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/other/higher-temperatures-affect-survival-of-n

There you go - a link to the study. This isn’t where I saw it, but I’ve used what s known as a search engine.

2 days old.

It is not just temperature that affects the virus and how long it lives etc it is also humidity. It does not appear to like very hot humid places.
It dies on surfaces quicker.
The actual study is here
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/no-correlation-bet
Corona Virus on 19:26 - Mar 16 with 1407 viewsladyjack

What about sunlight ?
Corona Virus on 19:31 - Mar 16 with 1384 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:24 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

It is not just temperature that affects the virus and how long it lives etc it is also humidity. It does not appear to like very hot humid places.
It dies on surfaces quicker.
The actual study is here

That’s a different study I saw also.

All this stuff is changing rapidly.

If you look at the worldometers site, which gives the most comprehensive real time stats, the death / critical cases rates in warmer / sunnier countries seems (at the moment at least) to be noticeably lower than you’d expect from total cases. With the caveat that it depend on accuracy of info, there may be a link.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:32]
Corona Virus on 19:35 - Mar 16 with 1364 viewsJacketJack

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

If you look at the worldometers site, which gives the most comprehensive real time stats, the death / critical cases rates in warmer / sunnier countries seems (at the moment at least) to be noticeably lower than you’d expect from total cases. With the caveat that it depend on accuracy of info, there may be a link.

It's 80F and humid in Florida. It's spreading like fire
Corona Virus on 19:40 - Mar 16 with 1344 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im struggling with some of the modelled numbers.

So the original scenario 1 predicted 260,000 deaths based on isolation, quarantine and socia distancing, with more aggressive measures cutting the death rate in half. We have a population of C.60m.

China has a population of 1.4 billion yet recorded around 3,200 deaths and they think they are over the worst. Im assuming our "more aggressive measures" are similar to what China put in place.

Im finding it hard to believe that we have 4% of their population but a potential 8000% actual mortality rate?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 19:45 - Mar 16 with 1325 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:35 - Mar 16 by JacketJack

The study seemed to suggest it’s less the cases and more severity of cases that may be affected?

I’ve no idea how many cases there are that are critical in Florida or deaths? It has quite a concentration of old people so that may effect it.

Anyway, I’m not attempting to argue whether the study is right or not - i just said I’d read about it and the numbers in some parts of the world seem to be lower than one would expect if all was equal.
Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 16 with 1317 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

So the original scenario 1 predicted 260,000 deaths based on isolation, quarantine and socia distancing, with more aggressive measures cutting the death rate in half. We have a population of C.60m.

China has a population of 1.4 billion yet recorded around 3,200 deaths and they think they are over the worst. Im assuming our "more aggressive measures" are similar to what China put in place.

Im finding it hard to believe that we have 4% of their population but a potential 8000% actual mortality rate?

I don't think our more aggressive measurements are anywhere near to what China did.
Corona Virus on 19:49 - Mar 16 with 1311 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

I don't think our more aggressive measurements are anywhere near to what China did.

Im not sure i trust your ability to think tbh given the nonsense youve posted on this thread.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Mar 16 with 1309 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Nowhere near as much as how those countries have reacted, most of them suffered badly with SARS and have implemented tests, tracking, masks, washing and social distancing.
The masks don't just protect the healthy by reducing the visuses that get to them, it also reduces the spread of the virus from the sick person when they cough or sneeze containing them within the mask.
Corona Virus on 19:50 - Mar 16 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Because the numbers you are using for the UK are not time limited whereas the numbers you are using for China are limited to the first couple of months.

Unless they keep people in lockdown forever, at some point they’ll come out and the virus will then infect more.
Corona Virus on 19:52 - Mar 16 with 1298 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Im not sure i trust your ability to think tbh given the nonsense youve posted on this thread.

You don't know what China did by the sound of it otherwise you would not try and compare apples and oranges.
Corona Virus on 19:55 - Mar 16 with 1283 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 19:50 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Because the numbers you are using for the UK are not time limited whereas the numbers you are using for China are limited to the first couple of months.

Unless they keep people in lockdown forever, at some point they’ll come out and the virus will then infect more.

Keep who in lockdown ?
Corona Virus on 20:00 - Mar 16 with 1265 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 19:50 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Possibly, but they are wildly different, no? Fag packet stuff obviously, but population density, living standards etc in that part of China in particular are considerably different and likely to swing in UKs "favour". Geared up, China would be expecting 6million deaths. Finding that hard to believe.

Agree about the removal of lockdown though. What are they going to do, keep people in there forever or are they playing a waiting game hoping for some sort of vaccine. Brave move tbh.

Corona Virus on 20:08 - Mar 16 with 1225 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:00 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Possibly, but they are wildly different, no? Fag packet stuff obviously, but population density, living standards etc in that part of China in particular are considerably different and likely to swing in UKs "favour". Geared up, China would be expecting 6million deaths. Finding that hard to believe.

Agree about the removal of lockdown though. What are they going to do, keep people in there forever or are they playing a waiting game hoping for some sort of vaccine. Brave move tbh.

Keep who in forever ?
Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 1196 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 19:35 - Mar 16 by JacketJack

Generally both viruses and bacteria like warm and humid-tropical weather. Dry and sunny is harder. UV tends to lead to lethal mutations in genomes (not unlike cancer)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024