Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437065 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:42 - Mar 20 with 1418 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:32 - Mar 20 by legoman

I've referred on here before to my son's qualification in virology and I circulated a note his boss Jeremy Rossman has written

This is his website: https://researchaidnetworks.org/

and for those interested Jeremy is being interviewed on LBC around 4pm

That site has a good article on Herd Immunity with CORVID19.
The "Scientist" that proposed it without considering how virulent COVID19 is should be the subject of a class action law suit by all those infected by suggesting allowing unfettered access into the UK by all those with CORVID19.
And disbarred from advising anyone in Government ever again.
Corona Virus on 19:04 - Mar 20 with 1302 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Italian mortality rate now 621/day, 18,810/month or 228,855/year
Corona Virus on 19:15 - Mar 20 with 1282 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:04 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Italian mortality rate now 621/day, 18,810/month or 228,855/year

Can I ask what you hope to achieve by this sort of post?
Corona Virus on 19:23 - Mar 20 with 1255 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 19:15 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Innit and I’m getting shit for posting a photo of a tank photoshopped on a Neath street.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 19:33 - Mar 20 with 1225 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Letting people know what to expect in 10 days time if we don't all self isolate and use social spacing now, especially all those idiots that have and still are refusing to do so.
Still no instructions from Johnson to mask up like every other sensible country.
Corona Virus on 19:34 - Mar 20 with 1214 viewsploppy

Point scoring.
Corona Virus on 19:36 - Mar 20 with 1205 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 19:23 - Mar 20 by Darran

Innit and I’m getting shit for posting a photo of a tank photoshopped on a Neath street.

Was it 'shopped? It looked like a genuine photo but from years ago. Anyway, you're a very naughty boy.
Corona Virus on 19:37 - Mar 20 with 1200 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:23 - Mar 20 by Darran

You’re very hard done by Darran.

In all seriousness, people need to tone down the incessant scaremongering. It’s incredibly serious, but extrapolation of daily numbers at the height to annual numbers is completely ridiculous.

People are going to get extremely ill through anxiety as well as the virus. It’s too much from some on here and on social media. Some haven’t stopped stating what could happen in the worst case and are kat hing on your every piece of utter bollox circulating.

People need to think about what they are doing.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:38 - Mar 20 with 1193 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you want to bury your head in the sand fine, I won't bother with any more information.
Corona Virus on 19:39 - Mar 20 with 1184 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:33 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Letting people know what to expect in 10 days time if we don't all self isolate and use social spacing now, especially all those idiots that have and still are refusing to do so.
Still no instructions from Johnson to mask up like every other sensible country.

The scientific advice is that masks don’t help prevent people catching it unless they are the correct type, and properly fitted.

You need to stop pretending you know more than scientists.
Corona Virus on 19:39 - Mar 20 with 1182 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 19:38 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

If you want to bury your head in the sand fine, I won't bother with any more information.

Excellent. Have a day off. It'll do you good.
Corona Virus on 19:42 - Mar 20 with 1165 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s not information though.

It’s not information to take a daily rate and multiply it out.

It’s crap and you are not helping anyone.
Corona Virus on 19:42 - Mar 20 with 1158 viewsSwanjaxs

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 19:44 - Mar 20 with 1143 viewsJack123

I was thinking the same, when the trio were responding to questions from the press, for me they didn't emphasise the gravity of the situation, I would have preferred it, if they had just said, these are the current figures for the last two days from Italy, if that doesn't shock them into acting responsible, I don't know what will.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 19:46 - Mar 20 with 1131 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 19:37 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

You’re very hard done by Darran.

In all seriousness, people need to tone down the incessant scaremongering. It’s incredibly serious, but extrapolation of daily numbers at the height to annual numbers is completely ridiculous.

People are going to get extremely ill through anxiety as well as the virus. It’s too much from some on here and on social media. Some haven’t stopped stating what could happen in the worst case and are kat hing on your every piece of utter bollox circulating.

People need to think about what they are doing.

To be honest Lisa the scaremongers worry me less than the idiots who carry on regardless.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 19:46 - Mar 20 with 1124 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 19:46 - Mar 20 by longlostjack

To be honest Lisa the scaremongers worry me less than the idiots who carry on regardless.

Some people have no choice but to carry on regardless.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 20 with 1122 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:39 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

The scientific advice is that masks don’t help prevent people catching it unless they are the correct type, and properly fitted.

You need to stop pretending you know more than scientists.

That is why every Asian and other countries that have experienced SARS & MERS wear them.
Some people know a lot more than your precious Scientists and experts.
Which is something you just don't get.
They have only bothered to look at how they protect the wearer, not how they prevent the virus spreading by the infected when they cough or sneeze.
Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 20 with 1122 viewshobo

I'm amazed at the lack of masks around, even in London. Does seem to be picking up in the last few days, but I've pretty much been the only non-Asian wearing one for the last few weeks
Corona Virus on 19:48 - Mar 20 with 1118 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 19:46 - Mar 20 by Highjack

Some people have no choice but to carry on regardless.

That goes without saying. The clue was in the word “idiots”.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 19:48]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Mar 20 with 1106 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 20 by hobo

I'm amazed at the lack of masks around, even in London. Does seem to be picking up in the last few days, but I've pretty much been the only non-Asian wearing one for the last few weeks

I have only seen one "white" man in Swansea wearing one, but quite a few Asians, they know what it is all about, they have been there and done that and have got millions of face masks to prove it.
In the London railway stations only Asians again.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 19:51]
Corona Virus on 19:51 - Mar 20 with 1089 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Useful analysis

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infograph

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 19:52 - Mar 20 with 1088 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

That is why every Asian and other countries that have experienced SARS & MERS wear them.
Some people know a lot more than your precious Scientists and experts.
Which is something you just don't get.
They have only bothered to look at how they protect the wearer, not how they prevent the virus spreading by the infected when they cough or sneeze.

Some people don’t know more than scientists and experts. That’s what the word expert means.

And they have looked at how it stops people who are infected spreading it. And it does. But people who are infected are being told to stay at home, not to go out in a mask.

If people are coughing, they shouldn’t be out.
Corona Virus on 19:52 - Mar 20 with 1086 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 19:48 - Mar 20 by longlostjack

That goes without saying. The clue was in the word “idiots”.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 19:48]

Fair enough. The way it was worded sounded like the insinuation was that people carrying on regardless were all idiots.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 19:54 - Mar 20 with 1076 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:46 - Mar 20 by longlostjack

Yes, but there is a lot of nonsense about that.

The BBC went to Leicester Square on the 6 o’clock news to assess the impact of the shutdown. It was completely empty. And that was at 6 on a Friday night.

If people in Swansea are going out more fool them.
Corona Virus on 19:56 - Mar 20 with 1069 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gutted.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024