Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 436964 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 16:56 - Mar 18 with 2015 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 16:39 - Mar 18 by Swansea93

Musclefood is really good, online and delivery slots available very good value.

My muscles are already massive.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 17:00 - Mar 18 with 2001 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 16:14 - Mar 18 by Highjack

Source?

My wife saw it here.

www.facebook.com

Corona Virus on 17:01 - Mar 18 with 1997 viewschad

Corona Virus on 16:06 - Mar 18 by Ebo

Well done Cuba! Gracias Comrades!
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-cruise-cuba-trump-us-covid-19-a

Magnifico
Corona Virus on 17:03 - Mar 18 with 1984 viewsunion_jack

Kung Flu 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Corona Virus on 17:04 - Mar 18 with 1975 viewschad

Corona Virus on 16:56 - Mar 18 by Highjack

My muscles are already massive.

Mariniere?
Corona Virus on 17:10 - Mar 18 with 1956 viewstheloneranger

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

Game changer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51947148

I can't see the schools reopening until after the summer holidays!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Mar 18 with 1924 viewsEbo

Corona Virus on 16:39 - Mar 18 by union_jack

I’ve heard the same other than it was tomorrow, not Friday.

It will happen in larger cities I reckon during the next 7 days. One pillar (Education) already shutting down.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 18:38 - Mar 18 with 1833 viewshobo

Worldwide fatality rate of all finalised cases now up to 10%

Some don't trust China's numbers so if we ignore their figures we're looking at a 33% death rate of finalised cases
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 18:40 - Mar 18 with 1823 viewsDrGonzo

Corona Virus on 15:59 - Mar 18 by KGriz16

UK to go into lock down on Friday. Army/Police on streets with essential travel only.

Have also heard this.
Corona Virus on 18:42 - Mar 18 with 1817 viewsladyjack

Watched Boris speaking tonight, he i hopeless, people are saying Nicola Sturgeon this and that, no doubt she is the defacto leader, what she does Boris follows.
Seen Angela Merkel speech to the Germans also tonight and she is different gravy compared to Boris, she made reference to German health service been the best in the World, so I checked out to see where the NHS is ranked and it's ranked way down , with France, Spain and Italy struggling to cope with this virus it hits home what a real concern it is going to be for our health service to cope when this virus hits big time.
To think our health service was the envy of the World at one time, NuLabour and the Tories have really damaged it but the plus side is we do have some good dedicated people working in the NHS.
Corona Virus on 22:49 - Mar 18 with 1677 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 18:38 - Mar 18 by hobo

Worldwide fatality rate of all finalised cases now up to 10%

Some don't trust China's numbers so if we ignore their figures we're looking at a 33% death rate of finalised cases

The UK rate of confirmed cases is about 4% so far. Bearing in mind there will be a massive number of unconfirmed cases, the final mortality rate will probably be lower than 4%.

Putting 33% out there is unhelpful to say the least.

PS, the worldwide rate isn't 10% either, it's around 4% too

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 22:58 - Mar 18 with 1667 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 22:49 - Mar 18 by Catullus

The UK rate of confirmed cases is about 4% so far. Bearing in mind there will be a massive number of unconfirmed cases, the final mortality rate will probably be lower than 4%.

Putting 33% out there is unhelpful to say the least.

PS, the worldwide rate isn't 10% either, it's around 4% too

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Your link says 10%, if we look at Closed cases. 92k is a decent sample size

Even if we take your reduced 4% death rate, it's still a lot higher than what's been spouted in the media
Corona Virus on 23:02 - Mar 18 with 1656 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 22:58 - Mar 18 by hobo

Your link says 10%, if we look at Closed cases. 92k is a decent sample size

Even if we take your reduced 4% death rate, it's still a lot higher than what's been spouted in the media

The link says 10% on closed cases, cases with an outcome. The total number of cases is 218,554 with 8,938 deaths which is around 4%.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Mar 18 with 1624 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 23:02 - Mar 18 by Catullus

The link says 10% on closed cases, cases with an outcome. The total number of cases is 218,554 with 8,938 deaths which is around 4%.

Around 3.8% in most countries in confirmed cases. Lower in those countries
With more testing as picking up
Milder and asymptomatic infections.

Perspective is if over 70 you have about a 1 in 10 chance of dying.
Same for diabetes. Asthma about 1 in 20. 30 years Iold and no other condition about in 1000
Corona Virus on 23:41 - Mar 18 with 1605 viewsmajorraglan

Mate in work’s daughter went to Italy and was very unwell, very fit athlete late 20’s. Went to the hospital in Italy, seen, discharged, certified as fit to travel and flew back to the U.K. She had the tests and results came back negative, her partner had identical symptoms a few days later had the tests which came back positive.

There is no doubt that this is a serious illness and we are right to be concerned.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:44]
Corona Virus on 23:41 - Mar 18 with 1604 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Mar 18 by Professor

Around 3.8% in most countries in confirmed cases. Lower in those countries
With more testing as picking up
Milder and asymptomatic infections.

Perspective is if over 70 you have about a 1 in 10 chance of dying.
Same for diabetes. Asthma about 1 in 20. 30 years Iold and no other condition about in 1000

The figures coming out of Italy are quite sobering, 475 dead in the past 24 hours.
Corona Virus on 23:47 - Mar 18 with 1585 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 23:41 - Mar 18 by majorraglan

Mate in work’s daughter went to Italy and was very unwell, very fit athlete late 20’s. Went to the hospital in Italy, seen, discharged, certified as fit to travel and flew back to the U.K. She had the tests and results came back negative, her partner had identical symptoms a few days later had the tests which came back positive.

There is no doubt that this is a serious illness and we are right to be concerned.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:44]

The current test is a quantitative PCR. Basically you detect and amplify copies of a specific part of the genetic material of the virus. The virus (live or dead) has to be present to be positive. It is possible to have been infected and now be clear. The serology or antibody tests being developed will detect exposure ( antibody response to infections) without the bug. Really important now to determine immune or recovered populations
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 7:51]
Corona Virus on 07:46 - Mar 19 with 1482 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 23:47 - Mar 18 by Professor

The current test is a quantitative PCR. Basically you detect and amplify copies of a specific part of the genetic material of the virus. The virus (live or dead) has to be present to be positive. It is possible to have been infected and now be clear. The serology or antibody tests being developed will detect exposure ( antibody response to infections) without the bug. Really important now to determine immune or recovered populations
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 7:51]

Thank you.

Remember when Gove said i think people have had quite enough of experts. What a fecking idiot.

God bless our experts.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 08:53 - Mar 19 with 1425 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 07:46 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

Thank you.

Remember when Gove said i think people have had quite enough of experts. What a fecking idiot.

God bless our experts.

Regaedless od the fact you are taking Gove completely out of context, why? What is the point in political skit stirring now?

We are ALL in this fight together.

Corona Virus on 09:31 - Mar 19 with 1394 viewsepaul

Well our school closes tomorrow, so next week we're in to do a deep clean, we then have our Easter hols brought forward and return on 6/4 schools won't reopen thn so it looks like we'll get sent around the Vale to clean/deep clean where necessary, I'm happy with that.

Yesterday though lost two off my staff who went sick!! so this mornings shift was just 2 of us, which worked my backside of, yet given the amount of area requiring cleaning, seems as if little got done!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 09:41 - Mar 19 with 1383 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:31 - Mar 19 by epaul

Well our school closes tomorrow, so next week we're in to do a deep clean, we then have our Easter hols brought forward and return on 6/4 schools won't reopen thn so it looks like we'll get sent around the Vale to clean/deep clean where necessary, I'm happy with that.

Yesterday though lost two off my staff who went sick!! so this mornings shift was just 2 of us, which worked my backside of, yet given the amount of area requiring cleaning, seems as if little got done!!

It only seems that way, maybe because you are conscientious?

On the upside, you are keeping calm and carrying on as best you can and a lot of people should not only be grateful for people like you, they should be copying you too. Follow the rules, isolate, distance etc and carry on as much as normal.

Not a lot is going to be normal for quite some time though.

Corona Virus on 09:46 - Mar 19 with 1372 viewsepaul

Corona Virus on 09:41 - Mar 19 by Catullus

It only seems that way, maybe because you are conscientious?

On the upside, you are keeping calm and carrying on as best you can and a lot of people should not only be grateful for people like you, they should be copying you too. Follow the rules, isolate, distance etc and carry on as much as normal.

Not a lot is going to be normal for quite some time though.

TBH I am very calm, the missus had a bit of a wobble at the start of the week but she's fine now, now that she knows where she stands, she is a manager in a nursery, so she will be on standby to help in the community as directed by social services.

In truth the both of us will be happy if were out and about working, helping as it would mean were not "stuck" at home, hope that doesn't sound selfish, obviously if we're at the point that we have to self isolate, then so be it, no problem with that.

Oh and btw Johnson will be gone by the end of the year, utter shambles handling this "crisis"

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 09:58 - Mar 19 with 1351 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 09:46 - Mar 19 by epaul

TBH I am very calm, the missus had a bit of a wobble at the start of the week but she's fine now, now that she knows where she stands, she is a manager in a nursery, so she will be on standby to help in the community as directed by social services.

In truth the both of us will be happy if were out and about working, helping as it would mean were not "stuck" at home, hope that doesn't sound selfish, obviously if we're at the point that we have to self isolate, then so be it, no problem with that.

Oh and btw Johnson will be gone by the end of the year, utter shambles handling this "crisis"

Good luck to you both.

From the perspective of a scientist it has been utterly shambolic. Essentially my employer (University of Liverpool) has been running its equivalent of COBRA since January and we are still underprepared. There are no masks for NHS staff (we have sent ours to Alder Hey) which is just indicative of the planning. SAGE also got things wrong-too much influence from behavioural science and DC is what I am hearing. That said I think Chris Whitty, the CMO, is doing a decent job with the hand he has been dealt by Boris and austerity.
Corona Virus on 10:09 - Mar 19 with 1335 viewslifelong

Encouraging news from China, no new cases reported today.
Corona Virus on 10:35 - Mar 19 with 1309 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 09:58 - Mar 19 by Professor

Good luck to you both.

From the perspective of a scientist it has been utterly shambolic. Essentially my employer (University of Liverpool) has been running its equivalent of COBRA since January and we are still underprepared. There are no masks for NHS staff (we have sent ours to Alder Hey) which is just indicative of the planning. SAGE also got things wrong-too much influence from behavioural science and DC is what I am hearing. That said I think Chris Whitty, the CMO, is doing a decent job with the hand he has been dealt by Boris and austerity.

Boris handling of this crisis leaves a lot to be desired and austerity cuts to the health service over many years might well come back to bit us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024