Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437648 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:38 - Mar 17 with 1823 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:28 - Mar 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well there is evidence is that families stayed at home, whilst more affected people were moved to caring environments and the very sick into intensive care as outlined in this clip.

I have watched it now, it does seem that they did hospitalise all the infected once they had built the new hospitals and commendered gyms etc as reported and then they started having results, at the start of the lockdown they did not have enough hospital capacity and even at that stage doctors and nurses were been taken to work by volunteers because of no public transportation, but they got into gear and did amazing things, did they say they got 40,000 red army personal in there to help ?, more doctors and nurses were shipped in from outside the region and they managed to o build those hospitals from scratch in no time, we could never do it and it looks like their proper isolation of the infected has so far worked (the full time whistle hasnt gone yet so we don't know the final result), I hope things work out for us.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 20:46]
Corona Virus on 20:50 - Mar 17 with 1782 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 18:53 - Mar 17 by Jackfath

Where is Rishi getting all the money from to make these promises?

Probably from the same place as Corbyn.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 20:53 - Mar 17 with 1769 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Mar 17 by ploppy

Yes, but the modelling that revealed that conclusion was based on new data from China and Italy. You understood that, yeah?

We should have learned from China all along and should have realised the upward curve Italy were on we were likely to be on as well, I don't know what your point is ?, I've always thought we should have learnt from China and realised we were likely to follow Italys path, but we went down the 'herd' route which was going to risky.
Corona Virus on 21:01 - Mar 17 with 1747 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 20:06 - Mar 17 by Banosswan

Ooh, where?

Aubrey and The New Swan for sure, there may be others.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Mar 17 with 1735 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

Well as one his his biggest critics I think the package announced today was excellent and exactly what was needed. It’ll need more though before this is over to stop the bottom falling out of the economy.

What did he say ECB ?
Corona Virus on 21:07 - Mar 17 with 1722 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

What did he say ECB ?

It’s on the news, tramp. Have a look mush.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:10 - Mar 17 with 1707 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 19:50 - Mar 17 by Neath_Jack

Do you think there is even a slight chance that we will avoid a world wide recession?

Zero chance. This is multiple times more serious than the crisis of 2007 / 2008 and the recovery from this will be extremely slow.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 21:28 - Mar 17 with 1655 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 21:07 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

It’s on the news, tramp. Have a look mush.

The 330bn seems a good move, the one report I have now seen made no mention of private home renters being helped or no mention of requisitioning of private hospital beds that was being talked about the other day, perhaps in time they might look at those two areas.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:30 - Mar 17 with 1647 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 17 by ploppy

The science hasn't changed but the input data to the modelling has, and maybe some of the algorithms. You understand that, yes? Have you ever modelled anything?

It's not a U-turn.

Bullshit, a face saving move if ever there was one.
The new data that they supposedly put in to their models had been available for weeks before they reacted.
They only reacted due to criticism from the WHO, who according to them they were supposed to be listening to and from just about every other expert in the world.
If the science hadn't changed how come the rest of the world weren't using it.

Models are no more than computer programs and the old axiom still stands. Garbage in = Garbage out.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 21:33]
Corona Virus on 21:41 - Mar 17 with 1618 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:53 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

We should have learned from China all along and should have realised the upward curve Italy were on we were likely to be on as well, I don't know what your point is ?, I've always thought we should have learnt from China and realised we were likely to follow Italys path, but we went down the 'herd' route which was going to risky.

Actually we should only have had to learn from China if the epidemic has already got out of cotrol.
We should have learnt from the Indonesia, Vietnam & Singapore actions.
ie the Asian actions developed from their SARs and MERs etc experiences.
So once they just let anyone in the country from anywhere in the world, regardless of infection levels without proper quarantine there was only the China method left.
At least the Chinese are helping Italy now, that may do some good.
Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 17 with 1594 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:28 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

The 330bn seems a good move, the one report I have now seen made no mention of private home renters being helped or no mention of requisitioning of private hospital beds that was being talked about the other day, perhaps in time they might look at those two areas.

Yes, I agree. More will need to be done as I said.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:51 - Mar 17 with 1578 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 17 by ploppy

The science hasn't changed but the input data to the modelling has, and maybe some of the algorithms. You understand that, yes? Have you ever modelled anything?

It's not a U-turn.

Of course it was a u-turn, there was always figures available to work with and nothing changed enough to give such a huge different reading, the rest of the world would have been looking at projections and calculations themselves and none of them came up with our original path, our changing course is a full on u-turn and we have now lost time when we were persuing the wrong course.
Corona Virus on 21:57 - Mar 17 with 1562 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 21:30 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

The new data that they supposedly put in to their models had been available for weeks before they reacted.
They only reacted due to criticism from the WHO, who according to them they were supposed to be listening to and from just about every other expert in the world.

Models are no more than computer programs and the old axiom still stands. Garbage in = Garbage out.

Nonsense. He is talking about some serious data analytics. The world has moved on from your interpretation. The scenario planning will change and evolve as the dataset increases, is amended and the scientists learn more about the qualitative effects and impacts, not just the quants.

This is complex work which evolves rapidly. What is a suitable response/answer today will turn out to be nonsense tomorrow when we learn more. There are also additional things to think about. How do you know a more aggressive, quarantine approach in the UK wont have a significantly negative impact on the population? How do you think the population will react to being banged up at home for 6 months solid? This is crisis management. Never mind though, you stick to your idiocy and directing people to old wives tales and fake herbal remedies.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Mar 17 with 1545 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:11 - Mar 17 by PozuelosSideys

If China and the US start going backwards, the rest of the world doesnt stand a chance.

The biggest concern will be Europe. Thats where there seems to be the biggest impact so far. Theyve pretty much not stopped their QE program which has been ongoing since 2008 either. Germany is flat already. Italy has banks which are on the edge. The last thing anyone needs (especially the UK) is a long, drawn out lockdown process which lasts 6+ months. There will be 2020 Greece's everywhere. Theyve run out of levers to pull.

I'm nowhere near an expert but I reckon this won't just be a recession. Once this is over it could take a decade or more to recover and the rule book may well be re-written.

Just my opinion, but when things return to normal, it will be a different normal than before 2020.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 22:14 - Mar 17 with 1522 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Mar 17 by Catullus

I'm nowhere near an expert but I reckon this won't just be a recession. Once this is over it could take a decade or more to recover and the rule book may well be re-written.

Just my opinion, but when things return to normal, it will be a different normal than before 2020.

Still havent recovered from 2008. Hell, the taxpayer still owns RBS!

In a way we are fortunate this appears to be a relatively low-end biological problem. A much more aggressive one is now a seriously scary thought, so this will hopefully be used as a case study for everyone on the planet to take stock, reasses from top to bottom and then begin the huge job of overhauling everything from the ground up. At least to me it appears obvious that society across the globe is very fragile. Human psyche, financial systems, local societies, environmental etc etc. Lots of the very basic human fundamentals we have all got used to can be smashed to bits in an instant and at any time. Something tells me though that "lessons will be learned" and we will carry on as before.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 22:16]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 22:16 - Mar 17 with 1519 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Mar 17 by Catullus

I feel that we will need a load more cash, the plan appears to be to keep everyone going but this could be many months.

So like you I think we may have a post virus era and a new normal.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:41 - Mar 17 with 1475 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Mar 17 by PozuelosSideys

Nonsense. He is talking about some serious data analytics. The world has moved on from your interpretation. The scenario planning will change and evolve as the dataset increases, is amended and the scientists learn more about the qualitative effects and impacts, not just the quants.

This is complex work which evolves rapidly. What is a suitable response/answer today will turn out to be nonsense tomorrow when we learn more. There are also additional things to think about. How do you know a more aggressive, quarantine approach in the UK wont have a significantly negative impact on the population? How do you think the population will react to being banged up at home for 6 months solid? This is crisis management. Never mind though, you stick to your idiocy and directing people to old wives tales and fake herbal remedies.

Except he is correct.

The graph below tells you what works.
Google South Korea.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 22:49 - Mar 17 with 1464 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 09:14 - Mar 17 by Best_loser

If Boris does what business wants and makes it illegal to open, so they can claim insurance

Would insurance companies really have the funds to cover it, would be a collosal amount of money

Edit - read another post which may negate my comments.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 22:56]
Corona Virus on 22:54 - Mar 17 with 1451 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 21:30 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

You can't educate pork but you crack on. You ever modelled anything? I have.
Corona Virus on 22:56 - Mar 17 with 1441 viewsCatullus

A report on the Welsh news just now, a Welsh couple tested positive for Corona virus but they claim they had no cough or a fever. They showed no symptoms. What they described is how myself and my wife have been feeling for over a week.

It's just one couple and could be an anomaly. Dr Giri Shankar says there could definitely be 100's more cases because they are only testing the 'tip of the iceberg' and not to be flippant but I'd say we already knew that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 23:01 - Mar 17 with 1433 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:56 - Mar 17 by Catullus

A report on the Welsh news just now, a Welsh couple tested positive for Corona virus but they claim they had no cough or a fever. They showed no symptoms. What they described is how myself and my wife have been feeling for over a week.

It's just one couple and could be an anomaly. Dr Giri Shankar says there could definitely be 100's more cases because they are only testing the 'tip of the iceberg' and not to be flippant but I'd say we already knew that.

We did already know that.

The overwhelming majority of people who contract this will feel nothing more than the effects of a heavy cold. Most probably won't even realise that they've had it.

It's the 1-2% of people who it will hit worse that we're worried about.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 23:03 - Mar 17 with 1423 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 22:54 - Mar 17 by ploppy

You can't educate pork but you crack on. You ever modelled anything? I have.

If a football team uses a computer to decide tactics and then after a few months and a few injuries the computer goes from recommending all attack to all out defence, going from 3 up front to 1 up front, has that teams tactics u-turned or not ?, if not why not ?

If the algorithm says to u-turn and the management/leader follow that then it's a u-turn.
Corona Virus on 23:08 - Mar 17 with 1405 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 23:03 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

If a football team uses a computer to decide tactics and then after a few months and a few injuries the computer goes from recommending all attack to all out defence, going from 3 up front to 1 up front, has that teams tactics u-turned or not ?, if not why not ?

If the algorithm says to u-turn and the management/leader follow that then it's a u-turn.

How old are you ladyjack/trampie?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 23:10 - Mar 17 with 1402 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 23:03 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

A gold plated U-turn.

What do we think about Boris saying that the (sadly) new ventilator push was a ‘last gasp’ exercise..? Such a funny guy.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 23:15 - Mar 17 with 1385 viewsCatullus

An unfortunate turn of phrase but nobody sensible would think he was making jokes about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024