Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437854 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 19:52 - Mar 21 with 1581 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 19:48 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

Well the behaviour is very different with you than here then, as London is like a ghost town.

East London was still busy. A sunny Saturday seemed to bring people out
Corona Virus on 19:55 - Mar 21 with 1564 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Wear gloves when using petrol pumps. The virus can survive for hours on a surface such as a petrol pump handle. Loads of people will have used it in that timeframe by the time you handle it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Mar 21 with 1558 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 19:51 - Mar 21 by hobo

It's not point scoring. People shouldn't write such indifferent posts when they don't know a great deal on the subject

Shock horror - someone gets a comment badly wrong in Planet Swans.

You should be fully aware of that yourself.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 21 with 1536 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:52 - Mar 21 by hobo

East London was still busy. A sunny Saturday seemed to bring people out

Not where I am. Nothing on the roads at all.
Corona Virus on 20:22 - Mar 21 with 1490 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 19:28 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

I agree.

Trying to stop looking at endless updates now. It’s doing no good. I’m isolating as much as possible, as I’m sure virtually everyone is, so being told every single piece of bad news in Italy, or Spain etc doesn’t change anything, it’s just bad for mental health.

My wife and I are self isolating as from yesterday afternoon (it's gonna be a nightmare)

This morning started with a cup of coffee and a slice of toast, switched the radio on (Swansea Sound and the great Kevin John) then read the paper from top to bottom, completed the crossword (without cheating),

Then went down the garden to feed the Rabbit, mowed the lawn, started to tidy up the shed (long job), had row off the wife for not wiping my feet before coming back in the house.

Another cup of coffee followed by a lovely apple, purchased from yesterday's visit to Neath market.

Then took a shower, joined the missus to watch the latest news on TV about virus updates, had dinner and then put a bottle of wine in the fridge (in readiness for tonight.)

I expect tomorrow to be pretty much the same, and the day after, and the day after. .......

I wasn't lucky enough to have some kind gentleman leave a bottle of wine on our doorstep, but my lovely granddaughter did turn up with 3 bottles of shiraz and 3 bottles of Rose, so we'll be ok till tuesday

I'll keep you all updated on our exciting times in isolation (you can always put me on ignore until we rejoin society (hopefully).

Stay safe everyone and be kind.

Just opened the wine, if you have to venture out tomorrow for whatever reason, take every precaution humanly possible... please. Night everyone.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 21:58]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Mar 21 with 1478 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:22 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

My wife and I are self isolating as from yesterday afternoon (it's gonna be a nightmare)

This morning started with a cup of coffee and a slice of toast, switched the radio on (Swansea Sound and the great Kevin John) then read the paper from top to bottom, completed the crossword (without cheating),

Then went down the garden to feed the Rabbit, mowed the lawn, started to tidy up the shed (long job), had row off the wife for not wiping my feet before coming back in the house.

Another cup of coffee followed by a lovely apple, purchased from yesterday's visit to Neath market.

Then took a shower, joined the missus to watch the latest news on TV about virus updates, had dinner and then put a bottle of wine in the fridge (in readiness for tonight.)

I expect tomorrow to be pretty much the same, and the day after, and the day after. .......

I wasn't lucky enough to have some kind gentleman leave a bottle of wine on our doorstep, but my lovely granddaughter did turn up with 3 bottles of shiraz and 3 bottles of Rose, so we'll be ok till tuesday

I'll keep you all updated on our exciting times in isolation (you can always put me on ignore until we rejoin society (hopefully).

Just opened the wine, if you have to venture out tomorrow for whatever reason, take every precaution humanly possible... please. Night everyone.

Sounds like a perfect day flash.

You ended it as safely as you started it, which is all any of us can ask at the moment.
Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 21 with 1469 viewsladyjack

Why are you self isolating ? (Age,health, contact with infected person), I don't read all the posts so I might have missed something.
Corona Virus on 20:37 - Mar 21 with 1443 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 21 by ladyjack

Why are you self isolating ? (Age,health, contact with infected person), I don't read all the posts so I might have missed something.

Wife is high risk, daughter at even higher risk, I'm medium risk, my other daughter is an NHS worker that will/if not already be first port of call for many suspected virus sufferers

Plus there is no need for me to be kicking around outside, possibly getting infected, and worse, infecting others.

It's hard, but the right thing to do IMO.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:41 - Mar 21 with 1424 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:37 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

Wife is high risk, daughter at even higher risk, I'm medium risk, my other daughter is an NHS worker that will/if not already be first port of call for many suspected virus sufferers

Plus there is no need for me to be kicking around outside, possibly getting infected, and worse, infecting others.

It indeed does sound like a wise move for you and your other half/family to self isolate.
Corona Virus on 20:43 - Mar 21 with 1409 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 21 by ladyjack

Everyone has been told to limit contact as far as possible. Unless it’s essential (actually essential), stay in or go outside on your own but keep your distance.

The more people that take notice of that the better.
Corona Virus on 20:46 - Mar 21 with 1400 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:43 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

Everyone has been told to limit contact as far as possible. Unless it’s essential (actually essential), stay in or go outside on your own but keep your distance.

The more people that take notice of that the better.

Limiting contact is not self isolating.
Corona Virus on 20:48 - Mar 21 with 1386 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:46 - Mar 21 by ladyjack

Limiting contact is not self isolating.

If people have no essential reason to leave the house (working from home, have food) it amounts to self isolation.
Corona Virus on 20:50 - Mar 21 with 1380 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:48 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

If people have no essential reason to leave the house (working from home, have food) it amounts to self isolation.

Are you self isolating Lisa ?
Corona Virus on 20:51 - Mar 21 with 1371 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 20:37 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

All the best with this, the advice from Italians is to stay indoors, a few months is not a huge amount of time in the context of what's going on.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 21:01 - Mar 21 with 1325 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:50 - Mar 21 by ladyjack

Are you self isolating Lisa ?

I’m avoiding all non essential travel, shops and social visits, which amounts to much the same thing.

I’m leaving the house to walk the dog, but have no reason to leave other than that.

I’d rather allow essential workers to get around without people like me, who have no pressing matters, getting in their way and endangering them.

I’d hope everyone was doing the same.
Corona Virus on 21:09 - Mar 21 with 1297 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 21:01 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

I’m avoiding all non essential travel, shops and social visits, which amounts to much the same thing.

I’m leaving the house to walk the dog, but have no reason to leave other than that.

I’d rather allow essential workers to get around without people like me, who have no pressing matters, getting in their way and endangering them.

I’d hope everyone was doing the same.

I hope everyone is doing that, everyone I know of is doing that, but they all call it social distancing, self isolating and all that is having shopping left outside the back door and a tap on the window job.

Are you able to work from home also ?
Corona Virus on 21:12 - Mar 21 with 1286 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:09 - Mar 21 by ladyjack

I hope everyone is doing that, everyone I know of is doing that, but they all call it social distancing, self isolating and all that is having shopping left outside the back door and a tap on the window job.

Are you able to work from home also ?

Yes.
Corona Virus on 21:13 - Mar 21 with 1290 viewsBanosswan

Not going out and about around Ystrad is a blessing!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 21:22 - Mar 21 with 1262 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 21:12 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

Yes.

Working from home is a luxury that is not open to lots of the working population, if we have total lockdown I think they will need some kind of permit system so only those going to work, shopping for food or those having some other kind of urgent business are the only people allowed out.
Corona Virus on 21:22 - Mar 21 with 1264 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Mar 20 by TNT

Yeah, we could drink them under the table, mwsh.

Now, there's an idea.

Hope you're all keeping well, wus. YJB!

14 days the longest period you’ve gone without watching the Swans in a season since 1976. Take a bow YJB!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 21:22]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 21:40 - Mar 21 with 1226 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 21:13 - Mar 21 by Banosswan

Not going out and about around Ystrad is a blessing!

Compared with many of the shiteholes in Wales, Ystradgynlais is tidy mun, winners of Wales in bloom as well.

Anyway, I'd love to be sitting in one of those shythole pubs having a chat and a pint, rather than sat here watching shyte on the TV and no MOTD to look forward to.

Stay safe my friend.

Hello

Corona Virus on 21:41 - Mar 21 with 1219 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 21:40 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

Compared with many of the shiteholes in Wales, Ystradgynlais is tidy mun, winners of Wales in bloom as well.

Anyway, I'd love to be sitting in one of those shythole pubs having a chat and a pint, rather than sat here watching shyte on the TV and no MOTD to look forward to.

Stay safe my friend.

I think they're doing a motd tonight, filled with crap probably

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 21 with 1192 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 21:40 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

Stay safe my friend.

Yep.

Ystradgynlais is a nice place.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 21:47 - Mar 21 with 1189 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 21:41 - Mar 21 by Banosswan

I think they're doing a motd tonight, filled with crap probably

Probably ? most likely, especially if the overpaid crisp salesman is presenting.

Hello

Corona Virus on 21:51 - Mar 21 with 1175 viewslegoman

OK if anyone is in the slightest doubt about just how serious this thing is listen to this

[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 22:16]

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024