Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424828 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:19 - Mar 22 with 1607 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 12:18 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

The wife of a mate is a GP. She was tested on Thursday.

The problem is she could be given the all clear on Thursday then catch it on Friday.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 12:20 - Mar 22 with 1607 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 12:19 - Mar 22 by Highjack

The problem is she could be given the all clear on Thursday then catch it on Friday.

Indeed.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 12:21 - Mar 22 with 1594 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 12:20 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed.

And by the time she gets tested again on the Saturday she could have come into contact with a thousand people.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 22 with 1593 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 12:21 - Mar 22 by Highjack

And by the time she gets tested again on the Saturday she could have come into contact with a thousand people.

Well no, if she follows the guidelines.

Corona Virus on 12:26 - Mar 22 with 1572 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Well no, if she follows the guidelines.

Trouble is some people ain't got any symptoms that's the worry they could be fit as a fiddle but passing it on

That's my worry in my job in in contact with at least 40 patients a shift i have cold like symptoms but just want a test done ASAP
Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 22 with 1561 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:02 - Mar 22 by taffpunk

Opinions please. I'm 57 and in good health, self employed with 2 jobs.

One is the Record Shop which opens on Fridays and Saturdays, very rarely get more than 2 people in at the same time, should I be continuing to open?

The other is a leaflet distribution firm, working on my own at the moment, still have lots on despite the virus. Don't really have any direct contact with the public, and wash my hands every time I get back to the car when I'm out delivering, so probably every 10 minutes or so. Should I still be doing this work? Interested to know what people think.

Hope everyone is well on here.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 12:20]

What you described are both low risk in my uneducated opinion, due to the minimal contact you are going to be having with people.

I'd most certainly be wearing disposable gloves when out delivering though, if you are touching all those letterboxes, don't touch your face etc. In your shop, I'm guessing it's easy for you to keep it clean, wiping down, washing your hands etc.

My view is you try to keep as much normality as possible in your every day life, but whilst continuing to follow the guidance out there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 22 with 1558 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 12:26 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Trouble is some people ain't got any symptoms that's the worry they could be fit as a fiddle but passing it on

That's my worry in my job in in contact with at least 40 patients a shift i have cold like symptoms but just want a test done ASAP

What is the test anyway, Jim? Saliva swab I’m guessing?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 12:30 - Mar 22 with 1545 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

What is the test anyway, Jim? Saliva swab I’m guessing?

not sure but apparently they have two tests coming in one to see if you got corona and one to see if you've had it
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:06 - Mar 22 with 1479 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 11:55 - Mar 22 by Highjack

Yeah I had something that sounds remarkably like the symptoms of this covid just before Christmas. It knocked me for six. Was worse than any bug I’ve ever had.

It will be interesting when the anti-body test rolls out, people like yourself will allow us to plot just how long it has been here.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 13:14 - Mar 22 with 1465 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 12:02 - Mar 22 by taffpunk

Opinions please. I'm 57 and in good health, self employed with 2 jobs.

One is the Record Shop which opens on Fridays and Saturdays, very rarely get more than 2 people in at the same time, should I be continuing to open?

The other is a leaflet distribution firm, working on my own at the moment, still have lots on despite the virus. Don't really have any direct contact with the public, and wash my hands every time I get back to the car when I'm out delivering, so probably every 10 minutes or so. Should I still be doing this work? Interested to know what people think.

Hope everyone is well on here.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 12:20]

Holed up as higher risk with Asthma.

Sorry mate, I would close the shop. Not just the risk to yourself but others. Leafleting should be fine but as suggested wear gloves and take every precaution. Lockdown will come soon I am afraid, so make the most whilst you can
Corona Virus on 13:15 - Mar 22 with 1462 viewshobo

There's talk of a new test that gives results in only 45 minutes. As it is now, results are taking anything from 24 hours to 4 days, so this advancement will see things improve significantly
Corona Virus on 13:20 - Mar 22 with 1449 viewswestside

Should the use of self service checkouts and vending machines be banned
Corona Virus on 13:22 - Mar 22 with 1442 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 13:20 - Mar 22 by westside

Self service should be promoted surely as it takes the risk away from someone sitting there serving people for eight hours.

Corona Virus on 13:45 - Mar 22 with 1395 viewstaffpunk

Corona Virus on 13:14 - Mar 22 by Professor

Holed up as higher risk with Asthma.

Sorry mate, I would close the shop. Not just the risk to yourself but others. Leafleting should be fine but as suggested wear gloves and take every precaution. Lockdown will come soon I am afraid, so make the most whilst you can

Look after yourself butt.

I freely admit I'm not sure what to do, I'll make my mind up later in the week. As you say the decision may well be taken out of my hands very soon anyway. Lots of small businesses that close will sadly never open again, especially if Boris doesn't come up with some sort of package for the self-employed. At least I can continue to sell on-line, so hopefully the shop will survive.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Corona Virus on 13:51 - Mar 22 with 1375 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 13:20 - Mar 22 by westside

Use a glove or piece of paper and use contactless where possible was in sainsbury the other day and fairplay someone was cleaning every display after every use
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 13:52]
Corona Virus on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 1355 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 13:51 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Use a glove or piece of paper and use contactless where possible was in sainsbury the other day and fairplay someone was cleaning every display after every use
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 13:52]

Gloves and paper won’t work with touch screens because they don’t conduct electricity.

Corona Virus on 14:07 - Mar 22 with 1342 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:22 - Mar 22 by Highjack

Self service should be promoted surely as it takes the risk away from someone sitting there serving people for eight hours.

Tesco’s in Swansea Marina has put one line of hazard tape on the floor by each till to allow social distancing. Oblivious to the rest of the shoppers behind that line being herded closer together as a result. The person who made that decision is probably earning well over 100 k a year.

Idiocy at every turn

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 14:12 - Mar 22 with 1328 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 13:58 - Mar 22 by Highjack

Gloves and paper won’t work with touch screens because they don’t conduct electricity.

My gloves work on them and they are disposable
Corona Virus on 14:32 - Mar 22 with 1295 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 14:07 - Mar 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Tesco’s in Swansea Marina has put one line of hazard tape on the floor by each till to allow social distancing. Oblivious to the rest of the shoppers behind that line being herded closer together as a result. The person who made that decision is probably earning well over 100 k a year.

Idiocy at every turn

Worry not, the army will be along shortly to sort the dull fckers out.
Corona Virus on 14:37 - Mar 22 with 1277 viewsCountyJim

Cadbury's just delivered a load of chocolates for NHS staff at my hospital that's a lovely gesture
Corona Virus on 14:58 - Mar 22 with 1257 viewspembsjack

People getting frustrated here in Pembs seeing the holidaymakers flood in for a cheap break as the kids are off! Can't understand why people are ignoring advice!
Its a risk to us all, me and my family have been socially distancing ourselves for around a week and taking precautions due to 2 of us have compromised immune systems (including one of our kids!). Despite the precautions, 2 of us have started to feel unwell and showing symptoms. Hoping its just a bug going around, but I'm sh"tting it at the moment. Please think of others that might not be able to fight it as well as yourself.
Corona Virus on 15:00 - Mar 22 with 1253 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:58 - Mar 22 by pembsjack

People getting frustrated here in Pembs seeing the holidaymakers flood in for a cheap break as the kids are off! Can't understand why people are ignoring advice!
Its a risk to us all, me and my family have been socially distancing ourselves for around a week and taking precautions due to 2 of us have compromised immune systems (including one of our kids!). Despite the precautions, 2 of us have started to feel unwell and showing symptoms. Hoping its just a bug going around, but I'm sh"tting it at the moment. Please think of others that might not be able to fight it as well as yourself.

6000 people descended on porthcawl yesterday, Barry island was rammed. Snowdonia is seeing record visits for this time of year. With the weather being so lovely today there’s probably even more people out and about.

Corona Virus on 15:03 - Mar 22 with 1239 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 13:45 - Mar 22 by taffpunk

Look after yourself butt.

I freely admit I'm not sure what to do, I'll make my mind up later in the week. As you say the decision may well be taken out of my hands very soon anyway. Lots of small businesses that close will sadly never open again, especially if Boris doesn't come up with some sort of package for the self-employed. At least I can continue to sell on-line, so hopefully the shop will survive.

My brother is a plasterer/builder who subContracts on developments.
Similar for him. Real nightmare for small independents.
We have a few in the town I live in now and can’t see them all seeing this through.

Will come buy some vinyl when all this is over
Corona Virus on 15:04 - Mar 22 with 1231 viewsCountyJim

Nothing wrong with going out just keep your distance at places like beaches

Doctor was saying yesterday let the kids play but enforce a responsible distance
Corona Virus on 15:08 - Mar 22 with 1210 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 15:04 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Nothing wrong with going out just keep your distance at places like beaches

Doctor was saying yesterday let the kids play but enforce a responsible distance

Jim, you’re talking shit. The advice is to stay in as much as possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024