Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437981 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Mar 22 with 1460 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 18:01 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

The day after Italy, on a flat measure, recorded 233 deaths (as the UK did yesterday), they recorded 366 deaths.

Today we recorded 281. Too many, but it’s not true to say we are matching Italy.

Sadly wrong.

Please be careful of misleading people.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 19:19 - Mar 22 with 1431 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 19:08 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

Well done everyone involved in this.

This was a no-brainer and which I'd only suggested to my Mrs last week. Good effort, but It's only partial so let's not get carried away that they've finished it in double-quick time.
Corona Virus on 19:20 - Mar 22 with 1428 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:01 - Mar 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Can't compare any system on 1 days data, need 10 to 12 data points as a bare minimum for any meaningful statistical analysis.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 19:18]

That was exactly my point.

And, as was said earlier, the deputy CMO stated it was dangerous to compare countries.
Corona Virus on 19:20 - Mar 22 with 1428 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 18:23 - Mar 22 by sainthelens

Anyone on the streets not going for food/pharmacy will probably get fined. Italy have made people carry forms to show police to say they are....but not quite sure how that works.
I'm living literally 50 yards from singleton park...so would hope to sneak in for a jog.

Took the dog for a walk this afternoon and the number of joggers and Nordic walkers seems to be rising expotentially. I don’t know why and it‘s completely irrational but they‘re starting to get on my tits.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 19:22]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 19:20 - Mar 22 with 1424 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

Sadly wrong.

What's wrong exactly?
Corona Virus on 19:26 - Mar 22 with 1400 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

Sadly wrong.

No it’s not.

My point is that people keep comparing us to Italy. We are not the same.

The path of spread of the virus can’t be assumed to be identical across countries. That’s not me saying it, it’s the medical experts saying it.

When Johnson says ‘we’re x weeks behind’ he means in terms of spread of infection, not necessarily outcomes.
Corona Virus on 19:34 - Mar 22 with 1374 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 22 by monmouth

It's very weird. I went for my usual (solitary) run, and I saw more cars heading for the woodland car parks and people walking in groups along the country roads than I've ever seen. Not a problem if they keep away from others, but people do seem to be congregating together in seaside and parkland spots. Lake, district, snowdonia and scarborough apparently jammed. Nowt as queer as folk.

Rhossili was very busy today

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 19:39 - Mar 22 with 1352 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 18:29 - Mar 22 by lifelong

A lot of people will listen to the advice given but unfortunately a lot of people will not.

Thousands of people this weekend have been flocking to coastal resorts and country parks, there’s something wrong with them.

And this is why total lockdown will be enforced before next weekend...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:41 - Mar 22 with 1334 viewsbuilthjack

I called at Tesco today for a few bits of shopping.
I was very surprised to see that no staff appeared to be taking precautions.
Shelf stackers with no masks or gloves.
Cheackout staff with no masks or gloves. Just hand gel which ,they didn't seem to use.
Not good.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 19:42]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 19:43 - Mar 22 with 1321 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 19:41 - Mar 22 by builthjack

I called at Tesco today for a few bits of shopping.
I was very surprised to see that no staff appeared to be taking precautions.
Shelf stackers with no masks or gloves.
Cheackout staff with no masks or gloves. Just hand gel which ,they didn't seem to use.
Not good.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 19:42]

Masks and gloves do hardly anything.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 19:45 - Mar 22 with 1313 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 19:43 - Mar 22 by Highjack

Masks and gloves do hardly anything.

Hardly anything is considerably better than nothing.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Mar 22 with 1296 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 19:45 - Mar 22 by Cooperman

Hardly anything is considerably better than nothing.

Absolutely mate.

Doing nothing isn't an option for anyone of us.

We all have a part to play in this 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Corona Virus on 19:51 - Mar 22 with 1285 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 19:26 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

No it’s not.

The path of spread of the virus can’t be assumed to be identical across countries. That’s not me saying it, it’s the medical experts saying it.

When Johnson says ‘we’re x weeks behind’ he means in terms of spread of infection, not necessarily outcomes.

You are still wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Mar 22 with 1283 viewsCooperman

Has the government stated the reasons why it is advising rather than enforcing people lockdown?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Mar 22 with 1268 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Mar 22 by Cooperman

Has the government stated the reasons why it is advising rather than enforcing people lockdown?

It's all part of flattening the curve probably.

It's meant to be done in stages by all accounts
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 20:01]

Corona Virus on 20:03 - Mar 22 with 1248 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 19:51 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

You are still wrong.

I honestly don't know if this chap is scare mongering or predicting the onset of the darkest time in our history.

Only time knows.

But I still think, if you live in Wales, look at the Wales figures in their own context. Its a completely different picture

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 22 with 1245 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:51 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

You are still wrong.

I was talking about today. I made it quite clear. That is quite clearly dated yesterday. What that chart predicted for today is not what happened.

As I’ve said, the situation is awful - one death is one too many, but we are not the same as Italy necessarily. Why not? Well because each of us can take action now for one thing.

Speculating we will be the same as ‘x’ in ‘y’ days is speculation. We could be better than Italy. We could be worse. It’s not a given. Each of us has responsibility for what happens.
Corona Virus on 20:06 - Mar 22 with 1239 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 20:03 - Mar 22 by Jack_Kass

I honestly don't know if this chap is scare mongering or predicting the onset of the darkest time in our history.

Only time knows.

But I still think, if you live in Wales, look at the Wales figures in their own context. Its a completely different picture

A Fans Dad will be along shortly with another graph that will be designed to cause more panic 👍

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 22 with 1223 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I was talking about today. I made it quite clear. That is quite clearly dated yesterday. What that chart predicted for today is not what happened.

As I’ve said, the situation is awful - one death is one too many, but we are not the same as Italy necessarily. Why not? Well because each of us can take action now for one thing.

Speculating we will be the same as ‘x’ in ‘y’ days is speculation. We could be better than Italy. We could be worse. It’s not a given. Each of us has responsibility for what happens.

In short, even though there appears to be a statistical correlation between the Italian and UK mortality rates, its basically just coincidence as the numbers are totally unrelated. Spooky though

Way too many variables going on here, i agree. Also, i would bet about 5p on the released Chinese data being accurate and undoctored.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 20:11]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 20:14 - Mar 22 with 1204 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

As we are speaking ..

Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 1185 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 20:14 - Mar 22 by Jack_Kass

As we are speaking ..

UK and US also have significantly higher populations than most of those other countries, and certainly likely to be in closer promximity to other people in larger social situations. Its no coincidence that larger cities have higher infection and mortality rates.

ie Italy has 1000's of deaths, Vatican City has 1..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 20:18 - Mar 22 with 1183 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

In short, even though there appears to be a statistical correlation between the Italian and UK mortality rates, its basically just coincidence as the numbers are totally unrelated. Spooky though

Way too many variables going on here, i agree. Also, i would bet about 5p on the released Chinese data being accurate and undoctored.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 20:11]

So the deputy CMO said.

I have no expertise so have no reason to doubt her. I also think she has better info and more up to date info than I do.

In that conference, for example, she was able to say exactly what intensive care capacity was currently being used. Which she gave as 12%. To listen to some reports, we’ve run out already. So, given the choice, I’m listening to the experts rather than social media or, for that matter, the national media. I think it’s probably better for mental health if nothing else.
Corona Virus on 20:20 - Mar 22 with 1166 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 19:26 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

No it’s not.

This.

There are too many people just looking at the numbers alone. Where are the deaths occurring? Evenly spread across Italy or mostly in the worst hit areas? Are those areas the same ones that saw an influx of Chinese workers returning after the New Year celebrations or different ones?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Mar 22 with 1153 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wife and I both working from home now for the duration. Any tips to avoid a messy divorce?

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Mar 22 with 1152 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

UK and US also have significantly higher populations than most of those other countries, and certainly likely to be in closer promximity to other people in larger social situations. Its no coincidence that larger cities have higher infection and mortality rates.

ie Italy has 1000's of deaths, Vatican City has 1..

His reasoning for methodology in regards to population
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 20:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024