Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437353 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 08:35 - Mar 23 with 1927 viewsepaul

Bothy me and the missus are still in work and think classed as key workers, we too have a great big garden and in 2 weeks time I'm on hols so thankfully after the garden taking a battering over the winter my time will be fully occupied restoring it to its former summer glory.......if it's not raining

Although we'll prob be in lock down by them so will gardens be oob?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 8:36]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 09:03 - Mar 23 with 1883 viewssquarebear

Mrs Bear is partway through a course of root canal treatment and this morning has a problem with that particular tooth. Our dentist has ceased all treatment as they only have level 2 protection and require level 3.

First world problems and all that compared to some on here, but still a faff.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 9:04]
Corona Virus on 11:01 - Mar 23 with 1783 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 06:46 - Mar 23 by squarebear

I work for a company here in Swansea providing IT services. Most of us have laptop PCs. We could do our work from anywhere in the world.

We've been warned that we must continue to come into the office or risk disciplinary action. Insane.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 7:23]

That's piss poor. Completely irresponsible.
Corona Virus on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 1733 viewsHighjack

I work for a company here in Swansea providing IT services. Most of us have laptop PCs. We could do our work from anywhere in the world.

We've been warned that we must continue to come into the office or risk disciplinary action. Insane.

If they took disciplinary action under the current circumstances you could probably take them to the cleaners.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 23 with 1720 viewsEbo

That is absolutely shocking. What if someone in your family comes into contact with the virus or (god forbid) gets the virus?

We are home working as from tomorrow until god knows when. We were going to just come in every monday and work from home the rest of the week, but the situation will inevitably change so my boss has decided it would be best we all work from home and remote desk instead.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 12:06 - Mar 23 with 1698 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 11:39 - Mar 23 by Highjack

If they took disciplinary action under the current circumstances you could probably take them to the cleaners.

Yes, I'd ask for something in writing signed by whoever is making these demands. I'd put that request in writing as well.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 12:16 - Mar 23 with 1682 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 11:39 - Mar 23 by Highjack

They’re probably shut too.
Corona Virus on 12:40 - Mar 23 with 1645 viewsScotia

My Mrs is a social worker foor one of the local authorities.

They are all being called to a meeting in one room tomorrow for them to be told what future working patterns will be. A gathering of somewhere around 70 key workers who have been dealing with vulnerable people and will continue to do so. Nuts.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 12:50 - Mar 23 with 1629 viewstheloneranger

Interesting article!

"Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten the curve”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 13:32 - Mar 23 with 1570 viewsEbo

Meanwhile in the Czech Republic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Czech_Republic?fb

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 13:35 - Mar 23 with 1563 viewssainthelens

If people wanna gather in huge numbers as we've seen the weekend, then send the army in with water cannon. Put some handwash in the water so it won't be wasted on em.
That should sort the dull fckers out.
Corona Virus on 14:18 - Mar 23 with 1504 viewsKilkennyjack

Piers Morgan calling out the Govt.
He ain't holding back ......

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 14:23 - Mar 23 with 1496 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 14:18 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

The annoying Ash Sarkar. Used to be all over Daily Politics before the GE. Haven't heard a peep from her since. Or Owen Jones come to that.

Normally, when Piers is ripping into snowflakes and the like, he gets loads of grief from the likes of her. Hypocrite.
Corona Virus on 14:35 - Mar 23 with 1468 viewsDr_Winston

When you have to resort to sharing Ash Sarkar's musings on the subject it's probably best to keep quiet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 14:38 - Mar 23 with 1461 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:35 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

When you have to resort to sharing Ash Sarkar's musings on the subject it's probably best to keep quiet.

It’s like those fpbe morons all over again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 15:04 - Mar 23 with 1406 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 14:18 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

The real issue is the delays from China and the silencing of those raising the alarm the world has had a few weeks to prepare since the WHO decided that the virus could be passed person to person. In Hong Kong things were well underway.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/ad7ae6b4-5eab-11ea-b0ab-339c2307
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 15:06]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 15:28 - Mar 23 with 1382 viewscontroversial_jack

Name that company
Corona Virus on 16:02 - Mar 23 with 1332 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 08:35 - Mar 23 by epaul

Bothy me and the missus are still in work and think classed as key workers, we too have a great big garden and in 2 weeks time I'm on hols so thankfully after the garden taking a battering over the winter my time will be fully occupied restoring it to its former summer glory.......if it's not raining

Although we'll prob be in lock down by them so will gardens be oob?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 8:36]

Gardens will be fine matey
Corona Virus on 16:39 - Mar 23 with 1278 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 14:23 - Mar 23 by ploppy

The annoying Ash Sarkar. Used to be all over Daily Politics before the GE. Haven't heard a peep from her since. Or Owen Jones come to that.

Normally, when Piers is ripping into snowflakes and the like, he gets loads of grief from the likes of her. Hypocrite.

Cool post bro .....

Now what about the substance of Govt incompetence that Piers Morgan is getting upset about ?

Corona Virus on 16:41 - Mar 23 with 1272 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 14:35 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

What do you think of the substance of Piers Morgans point ?

He is right isn’t he ?

Corona Virus on 16:45 - Mar 23 with 1263 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 16:41 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

What do you think of the substance of Piers Morgans point ?

He is right isn’t he ?

It is quite amusing how many people who prior to this wouldn't have pissed on Piers Morgan if he was on fire back him completely when he does a bit of Boris bashing.

Personally I'd trust the judgement of the Government's science advisers over that of someone who lost a fight to Jeremy Clarkson, but I'm funny that way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 16:49 - Mar 23 with 1256 viewsPozuelosSideys

People like that guy in the twitter link using phrases like "botched pandemic strategy" can be written off immediately as a pr1ck with an agenda. How can it be botched? Can he see into the future, does he have a crystal ball? Whats his definition of botched? Whats his analysis? Or is it maaaaaybe, the twunt has an axe to grind and an agenda against the government?

As for Piers, shock horror, he says something controversial. FFs people are stupid.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 16:59 - Mar 23 with 1239 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 16:45 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

It is quite amusing how many people who prior to this wouldn't have pissed on Piers Morgan if he was on fire back him completely when he does a bit of Boris bashing.

Personally I'd trust the judgement of the Government's science advisers over that of someone who lost a fight to Jeremy Clarkson, but I'm funny that way.

See ...the thing is, British scientists will have given the exact same advice as the scientists from the rest of the world - how come then our govt alone took a different direction ?
And then tacked back to get in line with the rest of the world.
The science has not changed.

That is what Piers Morgan - and others - is calling out.

Corona Virus on 17:01 - Mar 23 with 1227 viewssherpajacob

Economists for free trade have been very quiet lately?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corona Virus on 17:04 - Mar 23 with 1222 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 16:59 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

See ...the thing is, British scientists will have given the exact same advice as the scientists from the rest of the world - how come then our govt alone took a different direction ?
And then tacked back to get in line with the rest of the world.
The science has not changed.

That is what Piers Morgan - and others - is calling out.

Our Government alone didn't take a different direction, something you'd know if you bothered to look at anything beyond tedious whinging about "The Tories", or got your facts from places other than Piers Morgan's Twitter feed.

For example, Sweden and The Netherlands also followed a similar approach. In fact Sweden has recently scaled back on testing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024