Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432434 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Mar 22 with 1962 viewsdickythorpe

Plenty of Chinese in Dublin, it always grabs my attention on how many of them work in food outlets there.
I hope they don't see a rise!
Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 22 with 1959 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 21:42 - Mar 22 by oldcob

Ditto London, and it's raging there.

The Villiers in the Hafod had to be shut down by the Police this afternoon because they had a "lock in"

This is what we are up against.

Morons

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 22 with 1957 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Mar 22 by oldcob

As I stated on another thread, I'm 75 with advanced prostate cancer. Last week I volunteered for a medical trial in the treatment of same. It requires I go for a blood test in Neath/Port Talbot Hospital on Tues, then over to Singleton for results on Thursday, this needs to be repeated every two weeks for three months. Plus next month I have to go to my surgery for my three monthly injection. I am supposed to be isolated. I am suffering cancer, high blood pressure, and part of the treatment is steroids, all high risk factors, added to the fact the steroids weaken my immune system.
If I refuse treatment and didn't go outside the door I would still probably last a couple of years. If I caught the virus I could be gone in a couple a weeks, and risk infecting my wife of same age. If I should not get the coronavirus, it is probable it could add years to my life, this new treatment is quite successful. Dilemma or what?

Listen to your oncologist, ignore any 'advice' from planet swans and I wish you all the best.

In complete contradiction to my second point, clinical trials are secondary to you maintaining your health. Attend any treatment appointments, but be especially vigilant with hygiene and social distancing.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 21:52 - Mar 22 with 1913 viewsNeath_Jack

As I stated on another thread, I'm 75 with advanced prostate cancer. Last week I volunteered for a medical trial in the treatment of same. It requires I go for a blood test in Neath/Port Talbot Hospital on Tues, then over to Singleton for results on Thursday, this needs to be repeated every two weeks for three months. Plus next month I have to go to my surgery for my three monthly injection. I am supposed to be isolated. I am suffering cancer, high blood pressure, and part of the treatment is steroids, all high risk factors, added to the fact the steroids weaken my immune system.
If I refuse treatment and didn't go outside the door I would still probably last a couple of years. If I caught the virus I could be gone in a couple a weeks, and risk infecting my wife of same age. If I should not get the coronavirus, it is probable it could add years to my life, this new treatment is quite successful. Dilemma or what?

Keep fighting mate, you can and will beat it.

Awful to go through it at the "best" of times, let alone during this.

YJB!

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:53 - Mar 22 with 1906 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 22 by Swanjaxs

The Villiers in the Hafod had to be shut down by the Police this afternoon because they had a "lock in"

This is what we are up against.

Morons

There was a local pub to me that was open yesterday, they didn't want their stock to go to waste.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:54 - Mar 22 with 1907 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:38 - Mar 22 by Swanjaxs

Being a key worker this is going to be a problem.

My wife doesn't drive so I'll have to take her to work, NHS. Then for health reasons I need to get at least some exercise, That doesn't mean being out a lot but it does mean short walk with the dog, staying safe distances from other people besides that it's only shopping I'll go out for. Any other outdoor time will be in our garden, FF for the garden. When we moved here we thought it was an upgrade but having a fair sized garden with a proper lawn is going to be a real stress buster and hopfully we start getting more weather like today. I'll be taking the garden furniture out, me, the laptop (for Netflix/skygo) my kindle reader, the dog, my son with his ball, the neighbours on their side of the walls...I might not, MIGHT NOT go berserk.
Fortunatley a friend (works in medical supplies) gave us 3 FFP3 masks which I shall wear when I absolutely need to go into a supermarket, antibac wet wipes in hand to clean the trolley handles then in and out ASAP.

The same rules apply, social distancing, wash your hands (a lot) and give often used surfaces a regular wipe down. No social gatherings either.

We'll all have OCD after this.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Mar 22 with 1888 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 20:30 - Mar 22 by majorraglan

There's an article on Walesonline about day trippers and people coming to stay in West Wales and the leaders of Pembs, Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire County Councils and the Health Board are all expressing concern about the impact the visitors will have on resources. Trecco Bay in Porthcawl took a bit of a slamming for being open too. Quite a few of the big holiday parks have now closed, but they all need to close and people need to isolate.

Drakers, Sturgeon and Boris need to get the lock down sorted, pubs, restaurants who won't close, the owners need to be fined (big fines) and have the licence taken off them so they can't reopen after this is over, same for caravan parks, breaching the lock down without good cause equals fine, the more often they breach the bigger the fine gets and if they still don't learn its name and shame and jail. This is about saving potentially hundreds of thousands of lives including the vulnerable and the emergency services workers, NHS staff etc.

Agree on removing licences permanently for those breaking the rules.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Mar 22 with 1881 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Mar 22 by dickythorpe

Plenty of Chinese in Dublin, it always grabs my attention on how many of them work in food outlets there.
I hope they don't see a rise!

Who knows? I guess you could go to Chinatown in any major city in the world and there'll be lots of Chinese there. She wasn't in Chinatown. Her remarks are obviously anecdotal, but it was almost the first thing she said on her return.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:59 - Mar 22 with 1871 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 21:42 - Mar 22 by oldcob

Ditto London, and it's raging there.

Density of population will have something to do with it too I reckon. There's a lot to be said for living in the sticks!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 22:02 - Mar 22 with 1858 viewsoldcob

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 22 by Banosswan

Listen to your oncologist, ignore any 'advice' from planet swans and I wish you all the best.

In complete contradiction to my second point, clinical trials are secondary to you maintaining your health. Attend any treatment appointments, but be especially vigilant with hygiene and social distancing.

Thanks Banosswan, it's what I intend doing. Having it out with the oncologist. In an ideal world, or should I say health system, a nurse would come to the house to do blood test, and the consultantion could be held over the phone. Not ideal but in the circumstances.....

Thanks Neath Jack for your encouragement too,
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:55]
Corona Virus on 22:03 - Mar 22 with 1851 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Mar 22 by Banosswan

And stay off google.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 22:03 - Mar 22 with 1848 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 21:29 - Mar 22 by Pacemaker

Been working from home since Tuesday, locked myself in study, I have nothing to do with the Mrs until work has finished for the day.

The one day we broke this rule we argued.

When I work from home I always work like this, start at 8:30 and come out of the office into the house at 4 or 5.

The advice seems to be to have a defined structured day.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:05]

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Mar 22 with 1834 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 21:53 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

There was a local pub to me that was open yesterday, they didn't want their stock to go to waste.

Fair enough.

The Westbourne was open today for Sunday dinners (collection only through the side window) and you could also get a beer takeaway.

You were told in no uncertain terms you had to take whatever you had and not consume drink of food anywhere near the premises.

Lock in via the "back door" of boozer's has to be cracked down on with absolutely no tolerance.

Lockdown cant come quickly enough

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 22:05 - Mar 22 with 1826 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:53 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

Should have their licence revoked.
Corona Virus on 22:06 - Mar 22 with 1816 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 22:02 - Mar 22 by oldcob

Thanks Banosswan, it's what I intend doing. Having it out with the oncologist. In an ideal world, or should I say health system, a nurse would come to the house to do blood test, and the consultantion could be held over the phone. Not ideal but in the circumstances.....

Thanks Neath Jack for your encouragement too,
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:55]

Best of luck mate, I know exactly what your going through, this virus is f*cking up a close member of my family's treatment.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 22:12 - Mar 22 with 1778 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 22:03 - Mar 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

When I work from home I always work like this, start at 8:30 and come out of the office into the house at 4 or 5.

The advice seems to be to have a defined structured day.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:05]

We'll definitely need a routine, with our usual routines in chaos, if we don't find a new one many of us will go stir crazy.

Corona Virus on 22:21 - Mar 22 with 1740 viewsHighjack

Remain indoors.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 22:29 - Mar 22 with 1723 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:12 - Mar 22 by Catullus

We'll definitely need a routine, with our usual routines in chaos, if we don't find a new one many of us will go stir crazy.

We have also changed the way we think about the home, working in defined spaces for defined times and cooking/eating at defined times and relaxing in our lounge only after dinner. We will work on the garden at weekends only.

We want to avoid drifting into a poorly structured day.

Corona Virus on 22:38 - Mar 22 with 1706 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 22:29 - Mar 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

We have also changed the way we think about the home, working in defined spaces for defined times and cooking/eating at defined times and relaxing in our lounge only after dinner. We will work on the garden at weekends only.

We want to avoid drifting into a poorly structured day.

Yes the garden, it will save my sanity I think. I'm not much of a gardener but I'll have to throw myself into it, as much as possible.

Many people will struggle to fin a rhythm through this but us parents will also have to try and keep our kids education going too.

At least the weather forecast is ok for a few days.

Corona Virus on 22:48 - Mar 22 with 1680 viewsmonmouth

I love spending time with my wife. I could happily spend every day with her.

She'll be at work every morning unfortunately.

Maybe just as well though as she hates spending time with me...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 23:19 - Mar 22 with 1639 viewsTNT

Respect.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Corona Virus on 01:17 - Mar 23 with 1543 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Wife and I both working from home now for the duration. Any tips to avoid a messy divorce?

One of you do the night shift...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 02:24 - Mar 23 with 1476 viewsJack123

Pretty abysmal speech by boris earlier, he seems more concerned about people exercising, and they don't have space to do it.. Run up and down the stairs a few times then ffs!! there are plenty of ways to exercise. I do not understand their hesitation over lock down. the majority of this country are not taking this seriously, saw a post earlier on fb, a certain pub in the hafod, thought it was ok to still open up, and the police closed them down.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 2:25]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 04:14 - Mar 23 with 1410 viewscontroversial_jack

Myself and Mrs CJ , were ill just before xmas.We have both agreed that the symptoms we had and there are many, were exactly the same as this virus. The symptoms vary in each person, and she had the sweats, whereas, i had the shivers for about 2 days The cough is the worse; it's a dry cough, and you hack and hack to get rid of any mucus. It's taken me till this week to finally clear the cough.
Corona Virus on 06:46 - Mar 23 with 1357 viewssquarebear

I work for a company here in Swansea providing IT services. Most of us have laptop PCs. We could do our work from anywhere in the world.

We've been warned that we must continue to come into the office or risk disciplinary action. Insane.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 7:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024