Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" 19:43 - Mar 19 with 2902 viewsjack_lord

Incredibly nobody has phoned in sick or self-isolated at my company which I am proud of. No one has disappeared from my wife's department in Singleton.
I have heard that loads have self isolated in other businesses, how is everyone else doing?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 21:27 - Mar 19 with 2001 viewsbuilthjack

A lot simply can't afford to self isolate

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 21:37 - Mar 19 with 1978 viewsjack_lord

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 21:27 - Mar 19 by builthjack

A lot simply can't afford to self isolate

That is a very valid fact. Some of my customer's have witnessed a number of staff calling in with symptoms and self isolating and a few have suggested that they were always going to be the first to call in which made me think how widespread it may get in view of lost revenue against wanting time off.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 21:57 - Mar 19 with 1955 viewspencoedjack

I work for a big US company & have had 3 of my team of 20 calling in suspecting they have CV.

Wonder if they would of done it if they were self employed or on zero hours contract.
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:00 - Mar 19 with 1941 viewsBLAZE

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 21:57 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

I work for a big US company & have had 3 of my team of 20 calling in suspecting they have CV.

Wonder if they would of done it if they were self employed or on zero hours contract.

Important people arent stigmatized for deciding to self-isolate. Some will abuse the situation, it was ever thus. But it's a time to trust people do the the right thing
Who's work has been affected by on 22:14 - Mar 19 with 1894 viewspencoedjack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:00 - Mar 19 by BLAZE

Important people arent stigmatized for deciding to self-isolate. Some will abuse the situation, it was ever thus. But it's a time to trust people do the the right thing

Totally agree but when you sit with the lead of the shifts & predict who would be the 1st people to ring in & those predictions materialise it makes you wonder.

Some of the best people who work in my team are the ones who (unfortunately) came in via a temp agency & are on lower wages unlike the 3 who were 1st to ‘catch’ CV

I’ll continue to try & close the gap on their wages & those who are possibly taking the p iss

I inherited the mess from a previous manager 18 months ago
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:15]
Who's work has been affected by on 22:15 - Mar 19 with 1891 viewsFieryJack

Under pressure from my girlfriend, and family members, I finally threw in the towel this morning and took the government's advice and am going into a 3 month hibernation due to an underlying health problem.

Pencoed's point is true enough, however. If I was going to be significantly worse off financially I would have been very reluctant to make such a move, even if it meant getting the virus.

There are one or two people where I work who are so angry and desperate that they've said they'll come into work even if they get the symptoms! (I doubt they actually will though).

As it happens, I'm an honest bloke, and haven't had a single day off sick in 10 years, and have, in effect, as per my contract, accrued something like 96 "sick days" - which is more than enough to cover the 12 weeks I'm about to take off.

Hopefully I'll have a job to go back to, but the way things are going that's far from certain.
Who's work has been affected by on 22:20 - Mar 19 with 1866 viewsladyjack

Who's work has been affected by on 22:15 - Mar 19 by FieryJack

Under pressure from my girlfriend, and family members, I finally threw in the towel this morning and took the government's advice and am going into a 3 month hibernation due to an underlying health problem.

Pencoed's point is true enough, however. If I was going to be significantly worse off financially I would have been very reluctant to make such a move, even if it meant getting the virus.

There are one or two people where I work who are so angry and desperate that they've said they'll come into work even if they get the symptoms! (I doubt they actually will though).

As it happens, I'm an honest bloke, and haven't had a single day off sick in 10 years, and have, in effect, as per my contract, accrued something like 96 "sick days" - which is more than enough to cover the 12 weeks I'm about to take off.

Hopefully I'll have a job to go back to, but the way things are going that's far from certain.

Best of luck Fiery.
Who's work has been affected by on 22:25 - Mar 19 with 1861 viewspencoedjack

Look after yourself fella

I have had enough heartache with family health in the past couple of years to realise family & friends are precious.

Probably why I’m p issed off with people as in my previous post.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:29 - Mar 19 with 1846 viewsbuilthjack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 21:57 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

The same ones will take the pi££ every time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:32 - Mar 19 with 1842 views1462jack

Well I am in HM Tower of London on duty , we mounted Queens guard Wednesday at Buckingham Palace there couldn’t have been 200 people watching , there are normally thousands , Wednesday there was only 400 people through the gates at the tower , today there was below 100 and this evening I was Senior Sergeant on the ceremony of the Keys and the ceremony was conducted without a single person in attendance apart from My boys and the two Yeoman Warders (got to be a first since it has been open to the public)
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:38 - Mar 19 with 1829 viewsladyjack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:32 - Mar 19 by 1462jack

Well I am in HM Tower of London on duty , we mounted Queens guard Wednesday at Buckingham Palace there couldn’t have been 200 people watching , there are normally thousands , Wednesday there was only 400 people through the gates at the tower , today there was below 100 and this evening I was Senior Sergeant on the ceremony of the Keys and the ceremony was conducted without a single person in attendance apart from My boys and the two Yeoman Warders (got to be a first since it has been open to the public)

Is it worth visiting ?, how much does it cost to get in ?
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:41 - Mar 19 with 1812 viewsHighjack

Have they found Edward V yet?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:43 - Mar 19 with 1796 viewsbuilthjack

Sounds like a good time to half inch those Crown Jewels

Who's work has been affected by on 22:43 - Mar 19 with 1796 viewsCooperman

If you have an underlying heath problem that is listed by the government as part of their self isolation communication then please do not let your employer hold that against you. You need to know your rights and be able to take advantage of them.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:46 - Mar 19 with 1784 views1462jack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:38 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

Is it worth visiting ?, how much does it cost to get in ?

I’m not sure because the only time I’m here I’m in the ceremony, it’s a bit of history been conducted in some form or another for 700 years
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:49 - Mar 19 with 1775 viewsladyjack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:46 - Mar 19 by 1462jack

I’m not sure because the only time I’m here I’m in the ceremony, it’s a bit of history been conducted in some form or another for 700 years

Any Beefeaters there ?
Who's work has been affected by on 22:51 - Mar 19 with 1760 viewsSirjohnalot

Who's work has been affected by on 22:43 - Mar 19 by Cooperman

If you have an underlying heath problem that is listed by the government as part of their self isolation communication then please do not let your employer hold that against you. You need to know your rights and be able to take advantage of them.

Finished a jury trial today, ended up with 11 on the jury as we lost one earlier in the week with an upset stomach. All jury trials over three days have now been abandoned and I’d say all others will follow suit by the weekend.

Risky going to go as mixing with a lot of people in close proximity but you can’t abandon your client when he needs you the most.

I’m self employed so will have huge impact but thinking of the alleged victims and defendants who trials will now probably not take place till the back end of next year I’d Imagine.
Law is broken
Who's work has been affected by on 22:54 - Mar 19 with 1744 viewsladyjack

Who's work has been affected by on 22:51 - Mar 19 by Sirjohnalot

Finished a jury trial today, ended up with 11 on the jury as we lost one earlier in the week with an upset stomach. All jury trials over three days have now been abandoned and I’d say all others will follow suit by the weekend.

Risky going to go as mixing with a lot of people in close proximity but you can’t abandon your client when he needs you the most.

I’m self employed so will have huge impact but thinking of the alleged victims and defendants who trials will now probably not take place till the back end of next year I’d Imagine.
Law is broken

Let's hope we don't reach the point of martial law.
Who's work has been affected by on 22:57 - Mar 19 with 1730 viewsSirjohnalot

Who's work has been affected by on 22:54 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

Let's hope we don't reach the point of martial law.

Robert Bucklsnd MP has ordered courts to stay open so justice can continue at the same day he closed his surgery due to the virus,
Most courts have no hot water, no soap, hand sanitiser, etc. There’ll be a mass walk out of barristers and solicitors
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:58 - Mar 19 with 1723 viewsbuilthjack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:49 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

Any Beefeaters there ?

Mostly Vegans these days

Who's work has been affected by on 22:59 - Mar 19 with 1712 viewsladyjack

Who's work has been affected by on 22:57 - Mar 19 by Sirjohnalot

Robert Bucklsnd MP has ordered courts to stay open so justice can continue at the same day he closed his surgery due to the virus,
Most courts have no hot water, no soap, hand sanitiser, etc. There’ll be a mass walk out of barristers and solicitors

Oh that's not good.
Who's work has been affected by on 06:29 - Mar 20 with 1577 views1983

We had our roster out for next week and as soon as the words self isolating & 14 days were mentioned you could put your life on who would snap that up and the names that people predicted were spot on, this virus is showing people for what they really are.

Some people are greedy & disgusting by 1983 19 Mar 2020 9:24
So my missus works for a charity where kids come to visit and stay and learn about the countryside they now have zero bookings until September. They have all been asked to cut down their hours understandably which they all have. My missus has gone down to 4 days and then will go down to 3...etc some have been asked to just come in 1 day a week so everyone is really going for it. Personally I think they are fecked but they are giving it a go.

My missus who is the office manager and has had to adjust all this has found out that
the 2 highest paid people the director and her side kick will stay on full pay!

Fecking vile b@stards basically they know it's going to the wall and are just keeping the cream for themselves until it closes.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 6:30]

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 06:44 - Mar 20 with 1558 viewssquarebear

It could just be a freakish coincidence but the laziest two feckers in my office were the first to self-isolate. No underlying health conditions. They still get paid.
Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 07:22 - Mar 20 with 1515 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Electricians???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 07:30 - Mar 20 with 1504 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who's work has been affected by "isolaters" on 22:58 - Mar 19 by builthjack

Mostly Vegans these days

Have you tried that plant based mince in Tesco’s yet? Much nicer than quorn

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024