Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS 13:39 - Mar 31 with 14140 viewsBarrySwan

If ever those incompetent fools in the laughably titled Welsh Assembly Government have been exposed for the waste of spaces that they are then it is now.

I travelled up to the Heath hospital yesterday to get some urgent medication for a kidney patient in Penarth whose dialysis has been delayed, The medication was only available from the pharmacy there and had been picked up by the staff at the kidney treatment department who had no way of getting the medication to the person in need, the person in need contacted me after mentioning that they had no idea who to turn to or who to ring for help.

Upon speaking to the staff up the Heath when collecting the items I mentioned that surely what was needed was a couple of people in an office who held the contact details of all the volunteer organisations and individuals who were ready to help and had come forward in order that Doctors nurses and those in need could ring up explain the delivery requirement and that central office could contact the nearest local group or individual eager to help in order that medicines, emergency food supplies etc etc can be distributed and delivered.

They told me that they had been asking for such a facility for days now but had been ignored and also had not received any communication whatsoever in regards catering for such scenarios.

just look at the difference in the volunteering websites provided by the English NHS and the joke site highlighted by the Welsh government after being pressed as to why they had not followed the
English model

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Welsh joke site

https://volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/registration.htm

This is just their general volunteering for beach cleaning, hedge cutting along country paths site with an uninformative pathetic unclear Covid-19 bit tacked on which basically tells you nothing and has provided nothing in the way of assistance to our medical professionals and their patients as my experience yesterday proves.

If ever there was a case for a return to a real UK national Health service and the scrapping of the shambolic money generating piggy bank for the Welsh AMs their families and political cronies that is the Welsh assembly then this is it.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:45]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:57 - Apr 1 with 1720 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:03 - Apr 1 by majorraglan

I firmly believe in the concept of devolved government. That said, having effective governance depends on the quality of the people doing the governing and this in my opinion is where it’s falling short. We need competent and capable individuals in charge and I don’t think some of those people we have heading things up ain’t cutting it.

There is no doubt funding is an issue. The WAG’s budget has been cut (in real terms) for a number of years and this has had a huge effect on the NHS which receives a huge proportion of the budget. We are years behind, some parts of the NHS still use paper records FFS.

In terms of the coordination of volunteers that is very poor and it should be much more professional, not defending the WAG but the Health Board have some responsibility for this too. We are in effect a 1party state, we need an effective opposition which holds people to account, we may have some decent politicians in opposition but they don’t have anywhere near the numbers needed.

Watched the Sky extract, shocking how our own Health Service is competing against itself, .....ing mental.
Someone should be phoning the Universities and commercial labs and getting this stuff sorted, the additional expenditure incurred by an effective testing regime would save thousands pounds elsewhere.

Good post, but the likes of Gove, Johnson, Patel, Grayling, Davis, Mogg and Raab are useless - are they not !

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:01 - Apr 1 with 1705 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 16:57 - Apr 1 by londonlisa2001

You’re so desperate to blame ‘England’ you’re now quoting Trump?

Dear God.

Thanks for your contribution.

Do you think i somehow got Trump to say what he said ?
Why don’t you comment on what Trump said and not lash out at me.

When a thread holds the English NHS up as exemplar, then people will probably comment.

I wish you well.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:01 - Apr 1 with 1706 viewskrunchykarrot

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:57 - Apr 1 by Kilkennyjack

Good post, but the likes of Gove, Johnson, Patel, Grayling, Davis, Mogg and Raab are useless - are they not !

Id prefer them to our shower any day.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:03 - Apr 1 with 1700 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:01 - Apr 1 by krunchykarrot

Id prefer them to our shower any day.

Yes mate posh English public schoolboys always do whats best for Wales.
Great post.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:11 - Apr 1 with 1690 viewsThebus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:03 - Apr 1 by Kilkennyjack

Yes mate posh English public schoolboys always do whats best for Wales.
Great post.

Give me posh English schoolboys any day over people who have aligned themselves to a foreign country (ROI)
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:30 - Apr 1 with 1664 viewswestside

God help us after Brexit as there will be no money the EU and no money from the Westminster tories
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:06 - Apr 1 with 1626 viewslondonlisa2001

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:01 - Apr 1 by Kilkennyjack

Thanks for your contribution.

Do you think i somehow got Trump to say what he said ?
Why don’t you comment on what Trump said and not lash out at me.

When a thread holds the English NHS up as exemplar, then people will probably comment.

I wish you well.

You’re welcome.

Ok. Trump doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. He’s an absolute moron. Quoting him is astonishingly stupid.

The situation we ended up in last week where the NHS in England was competing with the NHS in Wales was farcical. Absolutely farcical. It needed to be brought together for this issue. Simple as that. The virus doesn’t care whether someone is in Newport or Bristol. It needs to be treated as one. Your obsession with being anti English and anti Tory is beyond tiresome.

I wish everyone on here well. Many will suffer. Not just health wise, although that’s the most important thing, but economically as well. People crowing over every little thing shows a complete lack of empathy.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:22 - Apr 1 with 1612 viewsFlashberryjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:30 - Apr 1 by westside

God help us after Brexit as there will be no money the EU and no money from the Westminster tories

Let's just get through this virus nightmare first, before we start worrying about the after effects, or the political point scoring.

Tragically, many. many people will die prematurely, my worry is for my family and friends at this moment in time..

As for the EU, you do know what a pandemic is ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:33 - Apr 1 with 1599 viewsBytholWyn

I wondered how long it would take for someone to push their petty agenda regarding Welsh governance. I'm surprised it's taken so long to be honest. But if we're going to indulge in pointless willy-waving, then consider the following. Firstly, the Welsh government have been ahead of England when it comes to testing front-line NHS staff - something referred to on a number of occasions by the UK media, including on Newsnight. Secondly, there are currently about 8000 tests a day being carried out in England and about 800 in Wales. On a per capita basis that works out at nearly twice as many tests in Wales as in England.

Of course, if you have an agenda none of the above will concern you in the slightest.

For those who are genuinely concerned about navigating the best path through this disease then co-ordinating efforts, where helpful, is to be welcomed, especially when it comes to procurement. This doesn't just apply within the UK, but also to working with our European neighbours. However, variation in strategies being adopted by different administrations can also be useful, as there's a big element of trial and error here, and we can learn from the successful approaches of other governments, whether in the UK or abroad.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:39 - Apr 1 with 1590 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:06 - Apr 1 by londonlisa2001

You’re welcome.

Ok. Trump doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. He’s an absolute moron. Quoting him is astonishingly stupid.

The situation we ended up in last week where the NHS in England was competing with the NHS in Wales was farcical. Absolutely farcical. It needed to be brought together for this issue. Simple as that. The virus doesn’t care whether someone is in Newport or Bristol. It needs to be treated as one. Your obsession with being anti English and anti Tory is beyond tiresome.

I wish everyone on here well. Many will suffer. Not just health wise, although that’s the most important thing, but economically as well. People crowing over every little thing shows a complete lack of empathy.

95 per cent of people are acting and behaving in a way that supports the national effort, there is a small minority, that as you say have little or no empathy and find some self satisfaction from saying and doing things that are designed to upset others or reinforce some preconceived idea.
You have to go with the 95 percent and concentrate on doing something positive.
You know those who say and do inappropriate things either know when their heads hits the pillow what they have done or they are incapable of resonating with the reality of what many are having to manage.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 00:10 - Apr 2 with 1534 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:33 - Apr 1 by BytholWyn

I wondered how long it would take for someone to push their petty agenda regarding Welsh governance. I'm surprised it's taken so long to be honest. But if we're going to indulge in pointless willy-waving, then consider the following. Firstly, the Welsh government have been ahead of England when it comes to testing front-line NHS staff - something referred to on a number of occasions by the UK media, including on Newsnight. Secondly, there are currently about 8000 tests a day being carried out in England and about 800 in Wales. On a per capita basis that works out at nearly twice as many tests in Wales as in England.

Of course, if you have an agenda none of the above will concern you in the slightest.

For those who are genuinely concerned about navigating the best path through this disease then co-ordinating efforts, where helpful, is to be welcomed, especially when it comes to procurement. This doesn't just apply within the UK, but also to working with our European neighbours. However, variation in strategies being adopted by different administrations can also be useful, as there's a big element of trial and error here, and we can learn from the successful approaches of other governments, whether in the UK or abroad.

Brilliant post.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 00:20 - Apr 2 with 1525 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:58 - Apr 1 by Thebus

The nhs in England is far superior to that in Wales and you can thank devolution for that.

The reports breakinf if true? Are that Whitehall have out bid the Senedd for the roche testing kits destined for the Welsh nhs. Welcome to the united kingdom 2020 the land of equals.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 01:01 - Apr 2 with 1509 viewsmajorraglan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 00:20 - Apr 2 by blaenaugwentjack

The reports breakinf if true? Are that Whitehall have out bid the Senedd for the roche testing kits destined for the Welsh nhs. Welcome to the united kingdom 2020 the land of equals.

Certainly seems that way. Mental.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:26 - Apr 2 with 1434 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is not just being devolved that raises issues.
There is the point that their are many different "trusts" all doing there own thing and with massive duplication and less buying power.
Then you have this.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8177785/Staggering-incompetence-public-
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:45 - Apr 2 with 1420 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:06 - Apr 1 by londonlisa2001

You’re welcome.

Hi there,

Maybe the entire print media are now anti-English and anti-Tory then .... ?

Or maybe it needs saying cos the public need to know.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:16 - Apr 2 with 1382 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 00:20 - Apr 2 by blaenaugwentjack

Lets consider that this wouldn't be the case if we had one NHS that covered the whole of the UK, one national purchasing dept and a national plan instead of different administrations arguing the toss.

For the record, no one has pushed a 'petty agenda' or indulged in willy waving more than the Welshnats on here.

The army is calling in 3000 reservists now, they aren't Welsh or English, Scottish or Irish, they are British army so lets remember, we actually are all in it together.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:12 - Apr 2 with 1337 viewsBarrySwan

Fair play, at least in these difficult times Drakeford and Co are trying to get the nonces and violent offenders in prison the vote.

https://order-order.com/2020/04/02/welsh-labour-using-coronavirus-sneak-votes-pr

I've no doubt that the people of Wales have been clamouring for this for ages.

Apart from every single person that I have spoken to of course.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:21 - Apr 2 with 1334 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:12 - Apr 2 by BarrySwan

Fair play, at least in these difficult times Drakeford and Co are trying to get the nonces and violent offenders in prison the vote.

https://order-order.com/2020/04/02/welsh-labour-using-coronavirus-sneak-votes-pr

I've no doubt that the people of Wales have been clamouring for this for ages.

Apart from every single person that I have spoken to of course.

Pedo's and racists? People many of us might think they deserve having the privilige permnanently revoked anyway, let alone allowed to do from prison.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:52 - Apr 2 with 1305 viewslondonlisa2001

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:45 - Apr 2 by Kilkennyjack

Hi there,

Criticism is fine. There’s a lot to criticise. Particularly around testing and PPE.

Quoting Trump who you’ve spent the last however many years deriding (justifiably) simply because he says something critical of the UK and / or Tory party is farcical.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:14 - Apr 2 with 1288 viewsCountyJim

To be honest working in a Welsh hospital we have been treated a lot better than our English colleagues im hearing stories of porters in England having to reuse gloves or buy them

We have plenty of ppe here in ABHB
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:55 - Apr 2 with 1268 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:14 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

To be honest working in a Welsh hospital we have been treated a lot better than our English colleagues im hearing stories of porters in England having to reuse gloves or buy them

We have plenty of ppe here in ABHB

Thank you for everything you are doing Jim.

We have amazing people in the NHS in Wales (and rest of the UK), and you guys are genuine heroes.

Total respect ✊🏾, and God bless you all.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:29 - Apr 2 with 1247 viewsJackSomething

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:16 - Apr 2 by Catullus

Lets consider that this wouldn't be the case if we had one NHS that covered the whole of the UK, one national purchasing dept and a national plan instead of different administrations arguing the toss.

For the record, no one has pushed a 'petty agenda' or indulged in willy waving more than the Welshnats on here.

The army is calling in 3000 reservists now, they aren't Welsh or English, Scottish or Irish, they are British army so lets remember, we actually are all in it together.

Mate, the Welshnats can be very annoying, but the OP of this thread is exactly what you're accusing them of. It seems a bit hypocritical to attack them for responding to it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:09 - Apr 2 with 1205 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:16 - Apr 2 by Catullus

You are describing the very reason for staying in the EU.
Its like the EU purchasing of much needed medical kit that our govt lied about and did not join.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:39 - Apr 2 with 1194 viewsmajorraglan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:45 - Apr 2 by Kilkennyjack

Hi there,

There are some serious questions to be asked of quite a few people. The Daily Mail has printed an article criticising the fat cats at PHE for their response to the crisis and not using private and University labs and blaming Corbynista’s within the organisation. The comments may be totally accurate, however I tend to take articles and features in the DM with a pinch of salt, but whichever you look at it PHE is ultimately accountable to the Government who should have gripped it people are dying!!

We’re hearing lots of words, but not seeing much in terms of tangible results. I would like to see a few thousand ventilators turning up by the end of next week and staff and patient testing ramped up significantly. Boris, his government, PHE, Drakeford and his government all need to be subject to some pretty serious scrutiny.

Edit typo
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 18:40]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 01:32 - Apr 3 with 1175 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:09 - Apr 2 by Kilkennyjack

You are describing the very reason for staying in the EU.
Its like the EU purchasing of much needed medical kit that our govt lied about and did not join.

Yeah. Good call.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1263962/eu-news-coronavirus-latest-eurozone

No unified response, the EU president has attacked the lack of unity and countries hiding behind their own boundaries.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024