Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS 13:39 - Mar 31 with 14584 viewsBarrySwan

If ever those incompetent fools in the laughably titled Welsh Assembly Government have been exposed for the waste of spaces that they are then it is now.

I travelled up to the Heath hospital yesterday to get some urgent medication for a kidney patient in Penarth whose dialysis has been delayed, The medication was only available from the pharmacy there and had been picked up by the staff at the kidney treatment department who had no way of getting the medication to the person in need, the person in need contacted me after mentioning that they had no idea who to turn to or who to ring for help.

Upon speaking to the staff up the Heath when collecting the items I mentioned that surely what was needed was a couple of people in an office who held the contact details of all the volunteer organisations and individuals who were ready to help and had come forward in order that Doctors nurses and those in need could ring up explain the delivery requirement and that central office could contact the nearest local group or individual eager to help in order that medicines, emergency food supplies etc etc can be distributed and delivered.

They told me that they had been asking for such a facility for days now but had been ignored and also had not received any communication whatsoever in regards catering for such scenarios.

just look at the difference in the volunteering websites provided by the English NHS and the joke site highlighted by the Welsh government after being pressed as to why they had not followed the
English model

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Welsh joke site

https://volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/registration.htm

This is just their general volunteering for beach cleaning, hedge cutting along country paths site with an uninformative pathetic unclear Covid-19 bit tacked on which basically tells you nothing and has provided nothing in the way of assistance to our medical professionals and their patients as my experience yesterday proves.

If ever there was a case for a return to a real UK national Health service and the scrapping of the shambolic money generating piggy bank for the Welsh AMs their families and political cronies that is the Welsh assembly then this is it.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:45]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:16 - Apr 3 with 1584 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 01:32 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah. Good call.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1263962/eu-news-coronavirus-latest-eurozone

No unified response, the EU president has attacked the lack of unity and countries hiding behind their own boundaries.

Do you agree with her ?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 9:49]

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:48 - Apr 3 with 1561 viewsHighjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:16 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

Do you agree with her ?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 9:49]

Him? Ursula is not a him. You automatically assume the president is a man? You sexist pig!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:51 - Apr 3 with 1530 viewsKilkennyjack

Not.aged.well.

UK wide NHS under people like this ?
Be serious.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:12 - Apr 3 with 1510 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It stands to reason that the members of the EU should be working together to combat covid-19.

It also stands to reason that the UK should be working together to combat covid-19.

to have Cardiff, Westminster, Edinburgh and Belfast bidding separately for vital equipment is madness.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 1485 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:12 - Apr 3 by Joe_bradshaw

It stands to reason that the members of the EU should be working together to combat covid-19.

It also stands to reason that the UK should be working together to combat covid-19.

to have Cardiff, Westminster, Edinburgh and Belfast bidding separately for vital equipment is madness.

That was always the issue Joe, when times are good it's easy to stand together. As we are now seeing, when times are hard reality bites.

Spain and Italy have complained the EU hasn't done enough to help them and other countries have closed their borders. The EU can complain all it likes but in national emergencies people will look after their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52135816

This crisis has also highlighted the divisions in the UK, divisions I believe are made worse by devolution. The 4 home nations, the different health boards, they should all be working together at such a vital time.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:09 - Apr 3 with 1450 viewsBytholWyn

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:58 - Apr 3 by Catullus

That was always the issue Joe, when times are good it's easy to stand together. As we are now seeing, when times are hard reality bites.

Spain and Italy have complained the EU hasn't done enough to help them and other countries have closed their borders. The EU can complain all it likes but in national emergencies people will look after their own.

This crisis has also highlighted the divisions in the UK, divisions I believe are made worse by devolution. The 4 home nations, the different health boards, they should all be working together at such a vital time.

That's a very one-eyed perspective on things. The reality is, is that the devolved administrations and central UK government have been working closely together throughout, and continue to do so. Further evidence of this today here:

"Being part of a UK consortium to buy extra ventilators will give Wales “more power in a competitive market,” the first minister has said.

Mark Drakeford said Wales would get its “fair share” of ventilators as part of a UK-wide agreement."

But having a one-sized fits all solution isn't smart either. For a start it's a good thing that the different administrations are leap-frogging ahead of each other in different aspects of dealing with this crisis. So the fact that Wales is ahead of England on testing of front-line NHS staff and the public in general helps generate pressure on the UK government to up their game in these areas. Likewise the fact that the UK government is ahead of Wales on the volunteering front legitimately puts pressure to the Welsh government to emulate the UK government's initiatives in England.

This is an entirely healthy and desirable aspect of devolution, now in a time of crisis, as at other times. Having a variety of examples of governance is good for innovation, ultimately for the benefit of all, if we're willing to have the humility to learn from others.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 16:15 - Apr 3 with 1412 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:58 - Apr 3 by Catullus

This is a contradiction.

You are saying that working together is obviously good at uk level, but working together is not good at EU level.

Working together is usually good. But having the ability to flex to more local situations strengthens the delivery. Its not a choice, its both.

Btw Germany has taken Italian citizens and flown them to Germany for treatment. 👏👏

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:02 - Apr 3 with 1384 viewsJack59

Worth a read. Hope the link below works ok.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/11/26/we-need-to-talk-about-welsh-devolution/
Login to get fewer ads

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:02 - Apr 3 with 1355 viewssP7qupUf

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:02 - Apr 3 by Jack59

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/11/26/we-need-to-talk-about-welsh-devolution/

Be careful about posting things like this about the Welsh assembly or BytholWyn will accuse you of being anti-Welsh, taking nonsense or "willy waving" because there are no issues with how the Welsh Government have run the country during its establishment.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 1341 viewsjohnlangy

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:01 - Apr 1 by krunchykarrot

Id prefer them to our shower any day.

Really ? Just take one for example - Grayling. For God's sake you can't be serious.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:17 - Apr 3 with 1330 viewsunion_jack

Brilliant article. It’s about time someone tells it as it is.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:20 - Apr 3 with 1329 viewsJack59

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:02 - Apr 3 by sP7qupUf

Be careful about posting things like this about the Welsh assembly or BytholWyn will accuse you of being anti-Welsh, taking nonsense or "willy waving" because there are no issues with how the Welsh Government have run the country during its establishment.

I'd love to find out where the £6 billion of objective 1 money went, I've seen the city of Cardiff improve beyond recognition in the last 20 years, but the money was meant to help West Wales and the Valleys. A little transparency would be nice. But you'd have had more information from the East German government in the 1950's than with this lot in Cardiff.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:20 - Apr 3 with 1329 viewsraynor94

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:11 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

Really ? Just take one for example - Grayling. For God's sake you can't be serious.

Drakeford, Gething and Skates. Laughable!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 1317 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:11 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

Something fishy about that Grayling if you ask me

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 1319 viewsunion_jack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:20 - Apr 3 by Jack59

I'd love to find out where the £6 billion of objective 1 money went, I've seen the city of Cardiff improve beyond recognition in the last 20 years, but the money was meant to help West Wales and the Valleys. A little transparency would be nice. But you'd have had more information from the East German government in the 1950's than with this lot in Cardiff.

It was never in Wales’ best interest for structural funds to be a complete success., as you’d become a victim of it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:24 - Apr 3 with 1316 viewsjohnlangy

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:33 - Apr 1 by BytholWyn

I wondered how long it would take for someone to push their petty agenda regarding Welsh governance. I'm surprised it's taken so long to be honest. But if we're going to indulge in pointless willy-waving, then consider the following. Firstly, the Welsh government have been ahead of England when it comes to testing front-line NHS staff - something referred to on a number of occasions by the UK media, including on Newsnight. Secondly, there are currently about 8000 tests a day being carried out in England and about 800 in Wales. On a per capita basis that works out at nearly twice as many tests in Wales as in England.

Of course, if you have an agenda none of the above will concern you in the slightest.

For those who are genuinely concerned about navigating the best path through this disease then co-ordinating efforts, where helpful, is to be welcomed, especially when it comes to procurement. This doesn't just apply within the UK, but also to working with our European neighbours. However, variation in strategies being adopted by different administrations can also be useful, as there's a big element of trial and error here, and we can learn from the successful approaches of other governments, whether in the UK or abroad.

VERY well said.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:32 - Apr 3 with 1305 viewsladyjack

The author is an anti Welsh Kaardiff type, who has been around peddling his stuff for a while, so he has a lot in common with people on here who are anti Welsh Swansee types, lots of Swansee and Kaardiff people are the same and like minded.
In my day Swansea was a Welsh club now English and Northern Irish people have been taking over the fanbase which was virtually unknown until the millennium, i looked into the union jack, GSTQ, plastic paddy stuff and found out who was behind it, immediately one of the regular posters one of the British army types on here pm'd pleading I don't say who he his as he knows him and the bloke is trying to turn his life around and wants to forget the bad things he had done, blah blah blah.

As regards the article more on spending than taxes my hairy arse, the population is old, grey white flight from Ingerlund and all that is why public spending is greater than taxes collected.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:35 - Apr 3 with 1299 viewsDr_Winston

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:32 - Apr 3 by ladyjack

The author is an anti Welsh Kaardiff type, who has been around peddling his stuff for a while, so he has a lot in common with people on here who are anti Welsh Swansee types, lots of Swansee and Kaardiff people are the same and like minded.
In my day Swansea was a Welsh club now English and Northern Irish people have been taking over the fanbase which was virtually unknown until the millennium, i looked into the union jack, GSTQ, plastic paddy stuff and found out who was behind it, immediately one of the regular posters one of the British army types on here pm'd pleading I don't say who he his as he knows him and the bloke is trying to turn his life around and wants to forget the bad things he had done, blah blah blah.

As regards the article more on spending than taxes my hairy arse, the population is old, grey white flight from Ingerlund and all that is why public spending is greater than taxes collected.

Can't go anywhere on a matchday without hearing Belfast accents...

Loony.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:41 - Apr 3 with 1279 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:35 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Can't go anywhere on a matchday without hearing Belfast accents...

Loony.

Right wing English nationalists often support loyalist causes so not Belfast accents but English accents.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:53 - Apr 3 with 1257 viewsmajorraglan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:51 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

Not.aged.well.

UK wide NHS under people like this ?
Be serious.

I’d like to say unbelievable, but sadly it’s not.

It will be really interesting to see who was advising him and what exactly he was told, and what he passed on to the Cabinet and Boris.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:58 - Apr 3 with 1248 viewsladyjack

Westminsters finest are not as good as the devolved Government's finest.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:09 - Apr 3 with 1235 viewsJack59

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:58 - Apr 3 by ladyjack

Westminsters finest are not as good as the devolved Government's finest.

Yes, and fine words butter no parsnips!
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:57 - Apr 3 with 1202 viewsladyjack

Heard people saying that the UK Government cancelled Wales order of testing kits so England could have them, unfortunately I would not be surprised.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:02 - Apr 3 with 1145 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 16:15 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

This is a contradiction.

You are saying that working together is obviously good at uk level, but working together is not good at EU level.

Working together is usually good. But having the ability to flex to more local situations strengthens the delivery. Its not a choice, its both.

Btw Germany has taken Italian citizens and flown them to Germany for treatment. 👏👏

Hve you not noticed the discord across the EU? How arguments are springing up? Maybe after this is all over and we look back at the more accurate numbers we will see who handled this pandemic the best.

Lets wait and see.

Meanwhile THE United Kingdom whould be acting LIKE a United Kingdom.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 06:57 - Apr 4 with 1112 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:02 - Apr 3 by Catullus

Hve you not noticed the discord across the EU? How arguments are springing up? Maybe after this is all over and we look back at the more accurate numbers we will see who handled this pandemic the best.

Lets wait and see.

Meanwhile THE United Kingdom whould be acting LIKE a United Kingdom.

Ireland was part of the country when they had the Irish holocaust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024