Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic 16:29 - Apr 3 with 2411 viewsGlyn1

It may be outnumbered by the bad, but it deserves its own thread.

Put any positive pieces of news here. Especially welcome are anything you have witnessed personally.

And on this occasion you are allowed to big yourself up, even if it is something tiny. No false modesty!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:32 - Apr 3 with 2396 viewsThebus

Good news is the vast majority of people recover and many don’t even have any symptoms.
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:32 - Apr 3 with 2400 viewsGlyn1

OK, I'll set the bar low with something tiny.

Last week was my birthday which I marked with a blood doning session in central London, travelling on the underground as I don't have a car, and it being deemed essential travel. Blood donors are still required.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 16:37]

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:34 - Apr 3 with 2389 viewsGlyn1

A design and technology teacher has gone back to school in York to make visors for NHS workers.

Paul Cooper, head of design and technology at St Peter’s School, has been manufacturing visors in his classroom to supplement 6,500 items of protective equipment donated by the school to York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust last week.

After hearing about the shortage of face masks for health professionals, Cooper realised that his Design and Technology department has the machinery and equipment to manufacture visors for staff working on the front line against coronavirus.

It now takes him just six minutes on a laser cutter to manufacture each mask, which is made from Polypropylene sheet and photocopy film. They have been designed with the minimum number of components required, using an integrated adjustable head band.

Cooper initially made five sample face masks for the approval of York Teaching Hospital Trust and was given the go ahead to produce a further 60 visors which were collected from St Peter’s School by Dr Nigel Durham on Thursday 2 April
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 16:39]

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:38 - Apr 3 with 2370 viewsSwanjaxs

No shortage of loo roll anymore

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:39 - Apr 3 with 2367 viewsPegojack

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:32 - Apr 3 by Glyn1

Last week was my birthday which I marked with a blood doning session in central London, travelling on the underground as I don't have a car, and it being deemed essential travel. Blood donors are still required.

Dinner at Vampire Towers?

Need to check out that predictive text, mate.
But well done anyway on what I assume you meant to say.
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:49 - Apr 3 with 2341 viewsSwanjaxs

Another thing I'm noticing is, when I'm out walking the dogs and obviously exercising self distancing, most of us are looking each other in the eyes, given a nod and a smile and carrying on our ways, where as before most people would avoid any form of greeting and virtually look at the floor or straight ahead...

Perhaps we are slowly coming to terms we are all in this together.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:51 - Apr 3 with 2340 viewsstevethejack

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:32 - Apr 3 by Glyn1

I'm booked in to give blood in 3 weeks, earliest possible due to distancing rules & they can't use the bus.

If they can arrange something sooner, I'll take it.

All that are able should try to donate.
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 17:36 - Apr 3 with 2273 viewsMrSwerve

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:49 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Another thing I'm noticing is, when I'm out walking the dogs and obviously exercising self distancing, most of us are looking each other in the eyes, given a nod and a smile and carrying on our ways, where as before most people would avoid any form of greeting and virtually look at the floor or straight ahead...

That's something that I have noticed and it's been quite nice. Generally I am someone that looks up to give a smile when walking past people but most are not. Which is fair enough...but this week, when going for a run, nearly everyone I've passed has looked up and given a smile/nod/wave/thumbs up...it's almost like an apology for self-distancing as if it is a rude thing. I love us Brits.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 17:47 - Apr 3 with 2250 viewsMuteswan

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:51 - Apr 3 by stevethejack

I'm booked in to give blood in 3 weeks, earliest possible due to distancing rules & they can't use the bus.

If they can arrange something sooner, I'll take it.

All that are able should try to donate.

I’m not able to donate blood because of the medication I’m on. ☹️
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 17:59 - Apr 3 with 2220 viewsbuilthjack

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:38 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

No shortage of loo roll anymore

Loads of takeaways and all pubs shut, so not many have the top twenty hits.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 18:21 - Apr 3 with 2195 viewsunion_jack

No football to worry about!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 2178 viewsBest_loser

It's great driving on quiet roads
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 21:00 - Apr 3 with 2097 viewsglobus10

I also have noticed whilst walking my spaniel that people now smile, nod or even chat. Having said that i find most dog walkers do. However being of a certain age(58) and having a grandson of 5 , the school run is a total different matter.There is an age group 25 to 40 who cannot even smile on the school path. The grandparents all exchange pleasantries but oh no not ‘Lanyard’ generation.
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 21:59 - Apr 3 with 2022 viewsLeonWasGod

Bl00dy hell Glyn, I thought you had some then
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 22:04 - Apr 3 with 2012 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 21:00 - Apr 3 by globus10

I also have noticed whilst walking my spaniel that people now smile, nod or even chat. Having said that i find most dog walkers do. However being of a certain age(58) and having a grandson of 5 , the school run is a total different matter.There is an age group 25 to 40 who cannot even smile on the school path. The grandparents all exchange pleasantries but oh no not ‘Lanyard’ generation.

It seems that people are rediscovering people, old style communication and a real sense of community . All positives.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 01:19 - Apr 4 with 1941 viewsGlyn1

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:39 - Apr 3 by Pegojack

Dinner at Vampire Towers?

Need to check out that predictive text, mate.
But well done anyway on what I assume you meant to say.

Ah, I'd changed 'blood dining' to 'blood doning' before your text appeared. Hate bloody predictive text.

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 01:20 - Apr 4 with 1939 viewsGlyn1

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 18:30 - Apr 3 by Best_loser

It's great driving on quiet roads

Err ...

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 07:38 - Apr 4 with 1892 viewsNortbankboy

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 01:20 - Apr 4 by Glyn1

Err ...

The swans have not lost for a few weeks!
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 09:35 - Apr 4 with 1836 viewsBest_loser

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 01:20 - Apr 4 by Glyn1

Err ...

Less roadkill

Positive news for foxes
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 10:29 - Apr 4 with 1807 viewsdickythorpe

More people talking and getting to know your name.
Possibly less of the "me first" shitty attitudes that have dogged these shores for some time.
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 1742 viewsjacktar

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 17:47 - Apr 3 by Muteswan

Some years ago and after 30 donations they decided they didn't want my blood anymore. I was told by the Public Health Lab that there was nothing for me to worry about health-wise but apparently my blood had failed some screening test and I could no longer donate.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 12:56 - Apr 4 with 1733 viewsCatullus

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 17:47 - Apr 3 by Muteswan

I'm not allowed either.

Another positive, it's been less narky on here. Fewer insults being thrown around.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 14:13 - Apr 4 with 1687 viewsNotLoyal

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 16:49 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

It's, about time this country caught up with other countries in this regard.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 14:43 - Apr 4 with 1673 viewsleighton1318

Cycling is a lot less stressful.
Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 1670 viewsDJack

Positive news in the Corona virus pandemic on 12:56 - Apr 4 by Catullus

I'm not allowed either.

Another positive, it's been less narky on here. Fewer insults being thrown around.

Oh do fckoff you dolt...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024