Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holidays? 12:30 - Apr 26 with 14478 viewskarnataka

I was supposed to be flying to Lisbon first thing this morning then driving into the Badajoz area of central Spain for a few days. Got me wondering what sort of plans or major family holidays others on here have had to cancel or reschedule and whether they'd had refunds, vouchers or lost money.
Holidays? on 13:00 - Apr 26 with 5135 viewsraynor94

Zakynthos 6th of June, waiting for my TUI refund, can see this entire Summer being wiped out.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Holidays? on 13:06 - Apr 26 with 5118 viewssP7qupUf

The advice from the travel experts is to seek a full refund and not accept a voucher. apparently some airlines are making very difficult despite it being a legal obligation.
Holidays? on 13:15 - Apr 26 with 5105 viewscontroversial_jack

Holidays? on 13:00 - Apr 26 by raynor94

Zakynthos 6th of June, waiting for my TUI refund, can see this entire Summer being wiped out.

It's nice there too.There will be another time and you will enjoy it even more
Holidays? on 13:16 - Apr 26 with 5101 viewsScotia

Supposed to be going to Lanzarote in September, rearranged from June.
I read in a translated version of their local paper that they are hoping to open hotels to foreign tourists from October. I can't see many other places being that different, so that effectively rules out this summer.
Holidays? on 13:35 - Apr 26 with 5075 viewskarnataka

Holidays? on 13:06 - Apr 26 by sP7qupUf

The advice from the travel experts is to seek a full refund and not accept a voucher. apparently some airlines are making very difficult despite it being a legal obligation.

I had a trip booked to Peru next month which included an internal return flight between Lima and Cusco and that airline says I can rebook for a flight before November 2020 or have a voucher which has to be used for a flight before November 2020. But I don't want to go later this year and will rebook for May 2021 so I'll lose out £130 for that. Tried to claim that bit on insurance but they say if you've been offered a voucher, you can't claim. B'stards, they always find some way of wriggling out of it. At least KLM have coughed up the £750 Bristol/Amsterdam/Lima flights.
Holidays? on 13:37 - Apr 26 with 5070 viewsMrSwerve

Strangely enough, this year we decided to spend the summer at home and didn't book anything abroad. Thankful in hindsight.

Hope that everyone can get their money back or some kind of reschedule.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Holidays? on 13:51 - Apr 26 with 5052 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays? on 13:35 - Apr 26 by karnataka

I had a trip booked to Peru next month which included an internal return flight between Lima and Cusco and that airline says I can rebook for a flight before November 2020 or have a voucher which has to be used for a flight before November 2020. But I don't want to go later this year and will rebook for May 2021 so I'll lose out £130 for that. Tried to claim that bit on insurance but they say if you've been offered a voucher, you can't claim. B'stards, they always find some way of wriggling out of it. At least KLM have coughed up the £750 Bristol/Amsterdam/Lima flights.

Apparently there are 2 types of voucher one is guaranteed by ABTA one is not. If is is not backed, basically you lose your money if the company goes through. Personally I would refuse a voucher and make a claim on my credit card.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/should-i-accept-a-holiday-company-or-airlin
Holidays? on 14:01 - Apr 26 with 5040 viewsmagicdaps10

Had a break for April, currently trying to get refund on flights from Ryan Air after they sent me an email saying that it would be a voucher.

Booked holiday to Portugal for August, moved that back to 2021 as we didn't feel realistically it would happen this year or if it were, we would enjoy it due to resticriotions that inevatibly will be in place.

As entitled we are to refunds, don't expect one. I fully expect guidelines to be put in place by the govermant to protect the holiday sector........ We are in a different world to what we knew 6 months back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Holidays? on 14:05 - Apr 26 with 5036 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 13:51 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

Apparently there are 2 types of voucher one is guaranteed by ABTA one is not. If is is not backed, basically you lose your money if the company goes through. Personally I would refuse a voucher and make a claim on my credit card.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/should-i-accept-a-holiday-company-or-airlin

Credit card refund is the way to go....... If you paid by debit card as I did then reschedule, take voucher or lose the money is the likely outcome.

Holidays? on 14:08 - Apr 26 with 5030 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Dublin at the end of July and then Berlin and train to Warsaw in September. Don’t expect either to happen. Fortunately we had three weeks in Sri Lanka in January & February and got home before the sh1t started hitting the fan.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Holidays? on 14:13 - Apr 26 with 5015 viewsairedale

Happily we’re unaffected, as we are going to Romania as usual.
Holidays? on 14:34 - Apr 26 with 4981 viewsraynor94

Holidays? on 13:15 - Apr 26 by controversial_jack

It's nice there too.There will be another time and you will enjoy it even more

Thank you for the comment, been there about 15 times, we love the place

Holidays? on 14:35 - Apr 26 with 4976 viewsItchySphincter

Holidays? on 13:00 - Apr 26 by raynor94

You’ll be waiting a while. We’re waiting on money from TUI, they’re doing everything they can To issue credits and not refunds. Looks like they might be going bust before refunding to push it on to the credit card companies.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Holidays? on 14:58 - Apr 26 with 4929 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays? on 14:05 - Apr 26 by magicdaps10

Credit card refund is the way to go....... If you paid by debit card as I did then reschedule, take voucher or lose the money is the likely outcome.

Take the voucher and re book, the new holiday will then still be covered by ABTA. Pay a small amount on top on a credit card and you will have the credit card cover as well.
Holidays? on 15:25 - Apr 26 with 4906 viewsCooperman

Cancelling the summer plans is my very next job and I’ve been putting it off for a few weeks.

But we have our health so that’s the main thing.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Holidays? on 15:37 - Apr 26 with 4891 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 15:25 - Apr 26 by Cooperman

Cancelling the summer plans is my very next job and I’ve been putting it off for a few weeks.

But we have our health so that’s the main thing.

Agreed.

Worse case is that I lose a 4 figure fee, nothing compared to what some people lose.

Health is the most important thing.

Holidays? on 15:39 - Apr 26 with 4886 viewsThrasher6

I said the exact same thing to a mate. He is going to Indonesia with his wife. 'Jakarta?' I asked. 'No she went on her own accord'...

Coat...
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 15:43]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Holidays? on 15:44 - Apr 26 with 4874 viewsraynor94

Holidays? on 15:39 - Apr 26 by Thrasher6

I said the exact same thing to a mate. He is going to Indonesia with his wife. 'Jakarta?' I asked. 'No she went on her own accord'...

Coat...
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 15:43]

Works better with West Indies, Jamaica.....

Holidays? on 15:48 - Apr 26 with 4862 viewsbuilthjack

It was Azerbaijan and onto Rome. Luckily no flights booked.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Holidays? on 15:52 - Apr 26 with 4857 viewsmonmouth

Never been so glad for my general indeciciveness and last minute panic uselessness.

I knew it would come in handy one day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Holidays? on 16:36 - Apr 26 with 4803 viewsCountyJim

Got a week booked for Benners in October not sure if we will be alright

But had email off our yearly insurance they said anything booked before March 18th will be honoured but no chance after that date

Booked last year so OK
Holidays? on 16:39 - Apr 26 with 4801 viewskarnataka

Holidays? on 15:48 - Apr 26 by builthjack

Same here. I'd actually completely forgotten about that trip!! I'd booked accommodation which was on a cancellable basis but not flights. Will keep the tickets for next year.
Holidays? on 16:46 - Apr 26 with 4789 viewsSTID2017

Holidays? on 15:48 - Apr 26 by builthjack

I paid out a whopping £30 as a deposit for a campsite in Rome for the Euros.
That's a few beer tokens I'll never see again ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Holidays? on 19:19 - Apr 26 with 4701 viewskarnataka

Holidays? on 13:51 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

Thanks for the credit card tip, I'll give that a whirl and see how I get on. 👍
Holidays? on 19:54 - Apr 26 with 4668 viewstheloneranger

Holidays? on 14:05 - Apr 26 by magicdaps10

If you paid by debit card you can still try and get your money back under the "Chargeback Scheme"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024