Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL season over? 14:21 - Apr 30 with 9115 viewsWhiterockin

And no crowds in 2020?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-players-told-its-likely-2195216
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 14:21]
EFL season over? on 14:43 - Apr 30 with 4256 viewseddie71

I am not sure that the EFL going in a different direction makes a lot of sense, its purely motivated by the PL wanting the money and is not related to public safety.

I could live with not going to games until 2021 if they are televised live. What about those of us season ticket holders though? I guess we arent going to see any refunds.
EFL season over? on 14:50 - Apr 30 with 4237 viewsWhiterockin

EFL season over? on 14:43 - Apr 30 by eddie71

I am not sure that the EFL going in a different direction makes a lot of sense, its purely motivated by the PL wanting the money and is not related to public safety.

I could live with not going to games until 2021 if they are televised live. What about those of us season ticket holders though? I guess we arent going to see any refunds.

I can see the Premier League being told they can not play matches this season. Hopefully common sense will prevail and they will be banned.
EFL season over? on 14:53 - Apr 30 with 4233 viewsoldcob

EFL season over? on 14:43 - Apr 30 by eddie71

I accept not getting rebate, and I've paid for next years early. The club must be losing enough already. You buy a season for two reasons, 1; To watch games. 2; To support the club. Hence the term supporter. It's not the clubs fault that we are not allowed to see games live. Not happy about it of course, but I accept it.
EFL season over? on 14:56 - Apr 30 with 4219 viewseddie71

EFL season over? on 14:53 - Apr 30 by oldcob

I accept not getting rebate, and I've paid for next years early. The club must be losing enough already. You buy a season for two reasons, 1; To watch games. 2; To support the club. Hence the term supporter. It's not the clubs fault that we are not allowed to see games live. Not happy about it of course, but I accept it.

Oh yes don't get me wrong, I accept it too and like you I have paid for next years. These are exceptional times and if it helps stop the club going under I am happy to take the hit.
EFL season over? on 15:08 - Apr 30 with 4179 viewspencoedjack

You'd pay £400 to help a US hedge fund pay players wages next season?

You are a better man than me.

I couldn't care about this season refund for the games I wont see, but no way Id give the Yanks 400 notes to watch nothing for the rest of 2020.
EFL season over? on 15:17 - Apr 30 with 4153 viewsDr_Winston

I'd accept no refund as long as they don't try to charge me to watch the games online. ST holders should get those for gratis.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

EFL season over? on 15:20 - Apr 30 with 4135 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 14:50 - Apr 30 by Whiterockin

I can see the Premier League being told they can not play matches this season. Hopefully common sense will prevail and they will be banned.

So it's ok for millions of non essential shops and office workers to return to work but not footballers

That's daft
EFL season over? on 15:23 - Apr 30 with 4123 viewsWhiterockin

EFL season over? on 15:20 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

So it's ok for millions of non essential shops and office workers to return to work but not footballers

That's daft

How can footballers social distance. Do you want somebody to die before it is stopped.
Login to get fewer ads

EFL season over? on 15:24 - Apr 30 with 4123 viewsvetchonian

EFL season over? on 15:08 - Apr 30 by pencoedjack

You'd pay £400 to help a US hedge fund pay players wages next season?

You are a better man than me.

I couldn't care about this season refund for the games I wont see, but no way Id give the Yanks 400 notes to watch nothing for the rest of 2020.

What incentive is there for the US hedge fund to keep the club afloat?
Maybe we have watched our last games as no cash in from anywhere means no liquidity...they may just cut thier losses and run ......then farewell SCFC!!

I am not happy with the current ownership model but thanks to the "selfishness" of those so called fans who saved the club and made pots of money as a result we are we are with owners with no "attachment" to the club apart from its financial perofrmance....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

EFL season over? on 15:28 - Apr 30 with 4111 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 15:23 - Apr 30 by Whiterockin

How can footballers social distance. Do you want somebody to die before it is stopped.

They will be tested every 3 days, the virus will be around for years, they will be far safer than most people returning to work, everything has an element of risk
EFL season over? on 15:35 - Apr 30 with 4088 viewsWhiterockin

EFL season over? on 15:28 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

They will be tested every 3 days, the virus will be around for years, they will be far safer than most people returning to work, everything has an element of risk

One of the biggest stumbling blocks for any potential restart outside of the top flight is the number of tests needed for players in order for the season to finish safely - understood to be around 66,000.

66,000 tests to finish the season, surely those tests could be better used elsewhere. Plus what happens if a team gets a number of players infected, isolate and postpone the fixtures. It would just be an unprecedented minefield to keep a minority happy.
EFL season over? on 15:40 - Apr 30 with 4073 viewsOldjack

EFL season over? on 15:20 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

That's daft

you don't see office worker etc spitting and emptying their noses all over the floor not to mention staying 2 meters apart
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 15:42]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

EFL season over? on 15:44 - Apr 30 with 4058 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 15:35 - Apr 30 by Whiterockin

One of the biggest stumbling blocks for any potential restart outside of the top flight is the number of tests needed for players in order for the season to finish safely - understood to be around 66,000.

66,000 tests to finish the season, surely those tests could be better used elsewhere. Plus what happens if a team gets a number of players infected, isolate and postpone the fixtures. It would just be an unprecedented minefield to keep a minority happy.

The tests would be done by private health companies , nothing to do with the nhs

There is a chance players could get infected or even die, normally you can't rule out players dying from head clashes or heart attacks, I imagine they won't have to play if they don't want to

I'm just talking about the premier league, can't see it happening myself anyway, I'm not bithered, just giving the premier league view of it
EFL season over? on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 4049 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 15:40 - Apr 30 by Oldjack

you don't see office worker etc spitting and emptying their noses all over the floor not to mention staying 2 meters apart

You obviously never worked in an office
EFL season over? on 15:57 - Apr 30 with 4028 viewspencoedjack

EFL season over? on 15:24 - Apr 30 by vetchonian

What incentive is there for the US hedge fund to keep the club afloat?
Maybe we have watched our last games as no cash in from anywhere means no liquidity...they may just cut thier losses and run ......then farewell SCFC!!

I am not happy with the current ownership model but thanks to the "selfishness" of those so called fans who saved the club and made pots of money as a result we are we are with owners with no "attachment" to the club apart from its financial perofrmance....

I'm unsure if that is a dig at me but I haven't got 400 quid to spunk on something I'm not going to watch.

If 10,000 ST holders renewed I doubt the 4,000,000 would make any difference to the Yanks decision to keep the club afloat.

I'm in total agreement about those who sold the club.
EFL season over? on 15:59 - Apr 30 with 4018 viewsOldjack

EFL season over? on 15:48 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

You obviously never worked in an office

next you'll be telling me they man huddle after every cup of tea . They can't test essential workers never mined overpaid football players

Season void start again when all this crap has gone .job done !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

EFL season over? on 16:08 - Apr 30 with 4006 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 15:59 - Apr 30 by Oldjack

next you'll be telling me they man huddle after every cup of tea . They can't test essential workers never mined overpaid football players

Season void start again when all this crap has gone .job done !

You can test people very quickly if you pay for it

Here is plan B

Resume the season in march 2021 with the tables as they are now

I'm sure people will be happy with that

😊
EFL season over? on 16:11 - Apr 30 with 3996 viewsthornabyswan

You havent been to a DVLA Christmas party then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

EFL season over? on 16:15 - Apr 30 with 3984 viewsDarran

Or spewing over fans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

EFL season over? on 16:24 - Apr 30 with 3962 viewsOldjack

EFL season over? on 16:15 - Apr 30 by Darran

Or spewing over fans.

that's awful you scruffy tvat !

EFL season over? on 16:46 - Apr 30 with 3912 viewskarnataka

EFL season over? on 16:08 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

Here is plan B

😊

That's definitely not the worst suggestion I've heard. The only problem is, I can't see the government wanting to keep bankrolling the whole nation until then like they are now and they are going to want lockdown lifted and the economy to start moving much sooner than that so they can stop paying people not to work and start getting some taxes in. If that's what the government decides to do, football and all other businesses will follow suit to get some money coming in.
EFL season over? on 17:58 - Apr 30 with 3791 viewsCatullus

Here is plan B

😊

Sounds quite sensible to me. The EPL only wants to resume because of the money, it's all the EPL is about.
I read a story somewhere today that EFL clubs are concerned about the EPL going it alone with no regard for other divisions, I can't find it now though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL season over? on 18:15 - Apr 30 with 3767 viewsmonmouth

Does this mean Leeds wouldn't be promoted? That would be terrible.

Ok maybe not terrible then. Hilarious. That's the word I was looking for.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

EFL season over? on 18:18 - Apr 30 with 3762 viewsCountyJim

EFL season over? on 15:44 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

The tests would be done by private health companies , nothing to do with the nhs

There is a chance players could get infected or even die, normally you can't rule out players dying from head clashes or heart attacks, I imagine they won't have to play if they don't want to

I'm just talking about the premier league, can't see it happening myself anyway, I'm not bithered, just giving the premier league view of it

So by buying privately you take away tests that would be available to the NHS they can't get enough as it is
EFL season over? on 18:29 - Apr 30 with 3738 viewsJBT95

Here is plan B

😊

A year's worth of money missing though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024