Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fck me it's getting scary now 23:05 - May 2 with 6872 viewsWxmJax

I had a look on the BBC website today to see what the daily death total was. I assumed that it would be the main headline. Nope, not even worthy of a mention in the 10 news items that were on the front page. It was on the Sky and ITV websites but could only be found on the BBC web pages amongst a story on Spain.

WTF is happening ? The national broadcaster appears to be sweeping it under the carpet.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Fck me it's getting scary now on 08:50 - May 3 with 1446 viewsDr_Winston

Fck me it's getting scary now on 23:34 - May 2 by monmouth

Well you say that, but I found this quite thought provoking.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/01/why-can-i-visit-a-diy-shop

That was an interesting read.

I've see the theory about the virus peaking and subsiding in the same way everywhere no matter what steps Government takes in a few places. It's been particularly noticeable in New York apparently.

In theory it makes no sense to stop people sitting in parks when they can still go to B&Q, but as we saw in the early days of lockdown some people will still take the piss if they think they can. In general I tend to feel that for the most part we struck a decent balance between limiting social movement and avoiding the kind of draconian restrictions seen elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 09:24 - May 3 with 1387 viewsSwanjaxs

Fck me it's getting scary now on 06:18 - May 3 by Jackinexile1

Millions of people still working have already been exposed to herd immunity.

Absolutely.?.

But many more haven't.

Yet.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fck me it's getting scary now on 09:29 - May 3 with 1383 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fck me it's getting scary now on 09:24 - May 3 by Swanjaxs

Absolutely.?.

But many more haven't.

Yet.

We’ll probably follow Ireland’s schedule out of lockdown but maybe a few weeks behind. Although ours hasn’t been as strict as theirs.

Phase 1 (18 May)

Outdoor meetings of up to four people from different households will be allowed and childcare for healthcare workers will be opened.
Outdoor work, such as construction and gardening, to resume.
Some shops, such as those selling stationery and IT equipment and opticians can also reopen.
Retail outlets that are primarily outdoors, such as garden centres, hardware stores and repair shops can reopen.
Current rules restricting funerals up to 10 people still apply.
Schools and college buildings will reopen to teachers only.

Phase 2 (8 June)

Visits to a different household by groups of up to four people will be allowed, as long as they maintain a 2-metre distance from those they don’t live with.
Small retail outlets can open with physical distancing measures in place.
Libraries can open again.

Phase 3 (29 June)

Sporting events can resume behind closed doors.
Cafes and restaurants can reopen with physical distancing measures and strict cleaning protocols.
Playgrounds can reopen.
Those with low levels of interaction in their jobs can return to work.
Non-essential retail, such as clothes shops, can reopen, but this is limited to those with street-level entrances and does not include shops inside shopping centres.

Phase 4 (20 July)

Movement beyond a 20km radius will be allowed.
Small social gatherings by family and close friends, including small weddings and baptisms, will be allowed with a maximum number of attendees and physical distancing in place.
Larger numbers can visit another household for a limited period of time, while maintaining physical distancing.
Those who cannot work at home can return to work.
Museums, galleries and churches can reopen.

Phase 5 (10 August)

Some larger social gatherings will be allowed, with restrictions in place.
On a phased basis, schools and universities can start to reopen.

Poll: Tory leader

Fck me it's getting scary now on 09:37 - May 3 with 1371 viewssainthelens

Fck me it's getting scary now on 09:29 - May 3 by exiledclaseboy

We’ll probably follow Ireland’s schedule out of lockdown but maybe a few weeks behind. Although ours hasn’t been as strict as theirs.

Phase 1 (18 May)

Outdoor meetings of up to four people from different households will be allowed and childcare for healthcare workers will be opened.
Some shops, such as those selling stationery and IT equipment and opticians can also reopen.
Retail outlets that are primarily outdoors, such as garden centres, hardware stores and repair shops can reopen.

Phase 2 (8 June)

Visits to a different household by groups of up to four people will be allowed, as long as they maintain a 2-metre distance from those they don’t live with.

Phase 3 (29 June)

Cafes and restaurants can reopen with physical distancing measures and strict cleaning protocols.
Playgrounds can reopen.
Non-essential retail, such as clothes shops, can reopen, but this is limited to those with street-level entrances and does not include shops inside shopping centres.

Phase 4 (20 July)

Small social gatherings by family and close friends, including small weddings and baptisms, will be allowed with a maximum number of attendees and physical distancing in place.
Larger numbers can visit another household for a limited period of time, while maintaining physical distancing.

Phase 5 (10 August)

I've a strong feeling that once we hit phase 2, it'll be total carnage. People will have lost patience with social distancing. By the amount of cars/people out only yesterday...the 2nd peak of deaths in my opinion is a formality. And the real reason why the Nightingale and many other field hospitals were set up will become obvious. Deep down the Govt knew the 2nd peak would be the one.
Fck me it's getting scary now on 10:41 - May 3 with 1276 viewsglobus10

Fck me it's getting scary now on 08:45 - May 3 by Professor

The rate is 409 -here. Much higher than the adjacent regions of North Wales but also partly due to larger towns/cities in Chester and Warrington and overspill from Liverpool and Wirral which were early hotspots

Tell you what i miss , not just in these awful times, but especially so. A proper educated national or regional newspaper. Evening post/wales online has been diabolical in its coverage of this pandemic.
Not up to date, not really in depth, not really anything.
I listened to an interview around a month ago with editor of the Yorkshire Evening post. what a difference.. ok more people in Yorkshire than Wales but surely we deserve more as a nation.
Fck me it's getting scary now on 10:47 - May 3 with 1259 viewsmajorraglan

Phase 1 (18 May)

Phase 2 (8 June)

Phase 3 (29 June)

Playgrounds can reopen.

Phase 4 (20 July)

Phase 5 (10 August)

A gradual relaxation makes sense, but it would be very difficult to enforce the breaches with the number of exemptions. We’d have to rely on people using their common sense which isn’t a good thing.
Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:02 - May 3 with 1232 viewsNotLoyal

The only thing I see that’s enforced is closure of pubs and restaurants, other than that our infection rates go up, our deaths won’t go down and people take no heed as to social distancing or travel.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:08 - May 3 with 1223 viewsDr_Winston

Fck me it's getting scary now on 09:37 - May 3 by sainthelens

I've a strong feeling that once we hit phase 2, it'll be total carnage. People will have lost patience with social distancing. By the amount of cars/people out only yesterday...the 2nd peak of deaths in my opinion is a formality. And the real reason why the Nightingale and many other field hospitals were set up will become obvious. Deep down the Govt knew the 2nd peak would be the one.

Depends what happens elswhere when restrictions ease. There may be a second wave but thus far there hasn't been much of one in other countries.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:24 - May 3 with 1199 viewssainthelens

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:08 - May 3 by Dr_Winston

Depends what happens elswhere when restrictions ease. There may be a second wave but thus far there hasn't been much of one in other countries.

Hope yer right Doc, but until there is a vaccine isn't a world wide 2nd peak inevitable?
Am basing that on the world as a whole easing restrictions.
Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:24 - May 3 with 1199 viewsJackinexile1

Phase 1 (18 May)

Phase 2 (8 June)

Phase 3 (29 June)

Playgrounds can reopen.

Phase 4 (20 July)

Phase 5 (10 August)

When is this meant to kick in?
Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:26 - May 3 with 1194 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:24 - May 3 by Jackinexile1

In Ireland from 18 May.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:26 - May 3 with 1193 viewsmagicdaps10

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:24 - May 3 by Jackinexile1

Just a guess.... May 18th 🤔

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:28 - May 3 with 1188 viewssquarebear

We will be safe as long as people take sensible precautions.

Speaking of which...

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:33 - May 3 with 1173 viewsmagicdaps10

Interesting that phase 3 at the end of June, they want sport to resume behind closed doors.... Nothing will get in the way of their beloved GAA!!!!!!
They will go out to get the GAA started and if they don't then the outcry from the traditionalists there will be massive.........when the GAA starts then expect a second wave over there.

These players are not professionals and will come into contact with more people in the public than say professionals.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:35 - May 3 with 1167 viewsDr_Winston

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:24 - May 3 by sainthelens

Hope yer right Doc, but until there is a vaccine isn't a world wide 2nd peak inevitable?
Am basing that on the world as a whole easing restrictions.

Depends largely on how far the virus has already spread amongst the asymptomatic. If it's gone a bit further than anyone thinks there may be enough people who have already had it in order to prevent R exceeding 1. Essentially herd immunity.

We'd need a reliable antibody test to work that out.

In the meantime, maintaining social distancing for the most part and avoiding large crowds will be the order of the day. Might have to take the brakes on and off now and again depending on how things go.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:37 - May 3 with 1161 viewsGlyn1

Fck me it's getting scary now on 23:17 - May 2 by Kilkennyjack

There is a 16 year old from Aber who is doing a far better job than the whole of the BBC.

Lloyd - very well done young man.
BBC have turned into a genuine state broadcaster, all flags, royalty bollox, and a johnson love in.

I thought we agreed the Beeb was run by lefties?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:40 - May 3 with 1151 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:37 - May 3 by Glyn1

I thought we agreed the Beeb was run by lefties?

Ah that all depends. Lefties say the Beeb is biased to the right, righties say it’s dominated by pinko lefties.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:45 - May 3 with 1131 viewsmonmouth

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:40 - May 3 by exiledclaseboy

Ah that all depends. Lefties say the Beeb is biased to the right, righties say it’s dominated by pinko lefties.

Rightie tightie, leftie loosie.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:49 - May 3 with 1121 viewsCatullus

Taken from Monny's link,

I am equally drawn to the Oxford geographer Danny Dorling’s intriguing research suggesting that coronavirus not only peaked in mid-April but appears to follow a similar trajectory everywhere, seemingly regardless of local policy and probably with similar fatality rates. The big difference will be in the collateral damage of their various forms of lockdown.

If that's right then what? Does it show that Sweden is right and the most of the rest of us wrong?
It also suggests that the colateral damage will be bad depending on lockdown rules. In this country that could mean very many already sick people and those yet to be diagnosed having severe problems because nearly all outpatients appointmente were stopped.
As it goes, I got a hospital letter Friday telling me they would phone to make an appointment for an abdominal scan because my Gastroenterologist insists. How many people though are not getting seen for their regular checks and are unaware their codition has turned for the worse? Will there be a lot of deaths not of the virus but because of it? It's already been said this will happen but in what amounts?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:01 - May 3 with 1099 viewsmonmouth

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:49 - May 3 by Catullus

Taken from Monny's link,

I am equally drawn to the Oxford geographer Danny Dorling’s intriguing research suggesting that coronavirus not only peaked in mid-April but appears to follow a similar trajectory everywhere, seemingly regardless of local policy and probably with similar fatality rates. The big difference will be in the collateral damage of their various forms of lockdown.

If that's right then what? Does it show that Sweden is right and the most of the rest of us wrong?
It also suggests that the colateral damage will be bad depending on lockdown rules. In this country that could mean very many already sick people and those yet to be diagnosed having severe problems because nearly all outpatients appointmente were stopped.
As it goes, I got a hospital letter Friday telling me they would phone to make an appointment for an abdominal scan because my Gastroenterologist insists. How many people though are not getting seen for their regular checks and are unaware their codition has turned for the worse? Will there be a lot of deaths not of the virus but because of it? It's already been said this will happen but in what amounts?

I saw somewhere that cancer deaths are predicted to rise by 18000 because of delayed treatment. I have no idea of the validity of that projection.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:10 - May 3 with 1081 viewsWxmJax

Fck me it's getting scary now on 08:45 - May 3 by Professor

The rate is 409 -here. Much higher than the adjacent regions of North Wales but also partly due to larger towns/cities in Chester and Warrington and overspill from Liverpool and Wirral which were early hotspots

Could also have to do with Liverpool having an underground train system and that football match taking place. Are the south east Wales figures so high because of the 2 Phonics concerts ? Mostly attended by locals I'd presume as it was a nationwide tour.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:11 - May 3 with 1079 viewsJackinexile1

Fck me it's getting scary now on 11:26 - May 3 by exiledclaseboy

In Ireland from 18 May.

As stated in the post, that will teach me to skim read.
Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:12 - May 3 with 1076 viewsCatullus

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:01 - May 3 by monmouth

I saw somewhere that cancer deaths are predicted to rise by 18000 because of delayed treatment. I have no idea of the validity of that projection.

Wouldn't it be ironic if more people died becaue of the virus than of it? Will people like Kilk accuse the government of abject failure when people like him have been saying we should have gone further, faster.

I think there are some things we should have done or done sooner admittedly, like stopping flights or quarantining and checking all disembarking passenegrs. However, if the price for fewer Covid-19 deaths turns out to be an even higher number of collateral deaths did it really matter what the government did because they'd possibly be screwed either way.

A big word for teachers now, we all think it's scary but teachers are doing some great work. I spoke to one today, he's supposed to be shielding after having a heart attack last year but because his school needs to be open (they apparently have quite a high number of NHS workers as parents) he keeps on going in, he's the head of that school, if the teachers are in so is he.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:25 - May 3 with 1060 viewsmonmouth

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:10 - May 3 by WxmJax

Could also have to do with Liverpool having an underground train system and that football match taking place. Are the south east Wales figures so high because of the 2 Phonics concerts ? Mostly attended by locals I'd presume as it was a nationwide tour.

south east wales figures high? Swansea have double the cases of Newport now. Or are you calling mid glam east? Cardiff miles ahead of course. Concentration of population has to be a factor. Monmouthshire has only 230 cumulative cases throughout. There is a high death rate from confirmed cases in Aneurin Bevan authority though, which needs to be explained.

Fck me it's getting scary now on 13:04 - May 3 with 1017 viewsCatullus

Fck me it's getting scary now on 12:25 - May 3 by monmouth

south east wales figures high? Swansea have double the cases of Newport now. Or are you calling mid glam east? Cardiff miles ahead of course. Concentration of population has to be a factor. Monmouthshire has only 230 cumulative cases throughout. There is a high death rate from confirmed cases in Aneurin Bevan authority though, which needs to be explained.

There is a tendency to split South Wales into SE and SW in which case,

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-wales-51888681

Split Wales doen the middle and the SE has many more deaths.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024