Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we see again? 17:17 - May 15 with 2467 viewsCARDAN

It’s almost 10 years since we got promoted, it was an incredible journey. On Sky sports they were showing our cup final win yesterday it was titled a retro game in the description by sky. It brought home how quickly time passes , it was amazing seeing that game again, I know it was only Bradford but the football we played that year was first class.
The last few years has been really more about what has happened off the pitch than on it, My son is 6 now and he watched the game with me on sky. He asked me why aren’t we as good as the team on TV? That question from a 6 year old I could not answer simply, You could probably write a book over the reasons.
I hope he gets to see us in the premier league in his lifetime, I never thought I would .
[Post edited 15 May 2020 17:20]
Will we see again? on 17:28 - May 15 with 2441 viewsNortbankboy

You say it was only Bradford.
But we beat Liverpool at Enfield and
The European champions over TWO legs on the way.
We were one of the teams in the premiership at the time..
Will we see again? on 17:32 - May 15 with 2439 viewslondonlisa2001

“ He asked me why aren’t we as good as the team on TV? ”

He was probably talking about Bradford as well...
Will we see again? on 17:39 - May 15 with 2429 viewsCARDAN

Will we see again? on 17:28 - May 15 by Nortbankboy

You say it was only Bradford.
But we beat Liverpool at Enfield and
The European champions over TWO legs on the way.
We were one of the teams in the premiership at the time..

Yes of course no we beat some great teams to get there
Will we see again? on 18:08 - May 15 with 2388 viewssainthelens

Will we see again? on 17:39 - May 15 by CARDAN

Remember being at Anfield that night, hearing the side Brenda picked for them....and lumping on us 10 mins before k.o.
What a night all round.
Will we see again? on 09:17 - May 18 with 2223 viewsMrSwerve

Even though it was ‘only’ Bradford, we could have cracked under the pressure of being massive favourites and suffered from overconfidence...we did a proper professional job on them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Will we see again? on 09:38 - May 18 with 2214 viewssP7qupUf

Bradford also beat a few PL clubs to get to the final. People seem to forget that.
Will we see again? on 09:46 - May 18 with 2212 viewsDr_Winston

Will we see again? on 09:17 - May 18 by MrSwerve

Even though it was ‘only’ Bradford, we could have cracked under the pressure of being massive favourites and suffered from overconfidence...we did a proper professional job on them.

This. If we'd played full pelt until the end of the game we probably could have scored six or seven.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will we see again? on 10:27 - May 18 with 2183 viewssainthelens

Will we see again? on 09:46 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

This. If we'd played full pelt until the end of the game we probably could have scored six or seven.

Wasn't there a strong rumour that once the last one went in, our players agreed not to score anymore as to not embarrass them. ?
Login to get fewer ads

Will we see again? on 10:40 - May 18 with 2171 viewsDr_Winston

Will we see again? on 10:27 - May 18 by sainthelens

Wasn't there a strong rumour that once the last one went in, our players agreed not to score anymore as to not embarrass them. ?

It was the fourth goal I think. After we tried and failed to convince the ref not to send off their keeper after giving away the penalty. Fairly sure that one of them admitted it publically. Can't remember which (might have been Michu).

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will we see again? on 10:44 - May 18 with 2164 views1462jack

Will we see again? on 10:40 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

It was the fourth goal I think. After we tried and failed to convince the ref not to send off their keeper after giving away the penalty. Fairly sure that one of them admitted it publically. Can't remember which (might have been Michu).

I’m sure their captain said oh we are going to get hammered or words to that effect and Michu said something along the lines of “no no that’s not nice”
Will we see again? on 10:52 - May 18 with 2156 viewsDr_Winston

Will we see again? on 10:44 - May 18 by 1462jack

I’m sure their captain said oh we are going to get hammered or words to that effect and Michu said something along the lines of “no no that’s not nice”

Aye, that sounds right.

Will we see again? on 12:14 - May 18 with 2129 viewsMrSwerve

Yeah Michu definitely told one of their players that we were going to take our foot off the gas. Can't remember where it was said or who said it, but I certainly read it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Will we see again? on 22:26 - May 19 with 1987 viewsSTID2017

I remember how thrilled their fans were in the second half when they won a corner.
Brilliant support they had that day. As did we

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Will we see again? on 22:43 - May 19 with 1973 viewscentrestandswan

"But we beat Liverpool at Enfield "

Must have been the rifles we had.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Will we see again? on 23:15 - May 19 with 1946 viewsFieryJack

I was in the Bradford end that day.

Long story.

Wasn't easy sitting on my hands.

In the end I was silently praying we wouldn't score any more.
Will we see again? on 10:20 - May 20 with 1873 viewsdickythorpe

I had a tenner on us to win 6-0 it should have been ten.
De Gauzman should have been knocked out by Dyer
Will we see again? on 11:21 - May 20 with 1854 viewschad

Bradford fans were brilliant. Their team absolutely won their place in the final against some strong opposition. For us to hold Chelsea home and away was remarkable.

With good humour, they cheered that corner like it was a goal, and we were cheering them for their great attitude. All very warm on a very cold day.

Bradford were so generous in defeat. I remember one of their fans commenting how lovely it was that Dyer went to their end and applauded them, although at first they thought a child had got onto the pitch.

After the sending off, I thought Michu had said - we will not disrespect you - but certainly something along those lines.

Happy days, we were riding the dream train, and knew it. Now resting in the sidings, but lucky to have been passengers then, and before.
Will we see again? on 11:36 - May 20 with 1848 viewstheloneranger

"Swansea City striker Michu has revealed they took mercy on Bradford City in yesterday's Capital One Cup final."

"The Swans won 5-0 - a record margin for the League Cup".

Michu revealed: "After their keeper was sent off one of their players said to his team-mates 'they will score eight or nine'. I said, 'Don't worry, we will keep the ball, don't worry'. It's respect."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Will we see again? on 12:19 - May 20 with 1838 viewsNotLoyal

Will we see again? on 17:39 - May 15 by CARDAN

Unlike Cardiff City who in 2008 played lower league and non league sides to get to the final with maybe one notable result beating Middlesbrough away. But then we have all done that in cup games. In the final they played a decent side, and lost.

Same can be said for the league cup run v liverpool, it was hardly challenging. Best they did was in the final, first time they came up against a decent side they lost.

You need luck to win the cup, and the luck of the draw every time got them to the final.

As we know beating Bradford wasn’t the accomplishment, we could have put ten by them that day.
But getting there was harder.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Will we see again? on 15:47 - May 22 with 1690 viewskarnataka

Will we see again? on 11:21 - May 20 by chad

Bradford fans were brilliant. Their team absolutely won their place in the final against some strong opposition. For us to hold Chelsea home and away was remarkable.

With good humour, they cheered that corner like it was a goal, and we were cheering them for their great attitude. All very warm on a very cold day.

Bradford were so generous in defeat. I remember one of their fans commenting how lovely it was that Dyer went to their end and applauded them, although at first they thought a child had got onto the pitch.

After the sending off, I thought Michu had said - we will not disrespect you - but certainly something along those lines.

Happy days, we were riding the dream train, and knew it. Now resting in the sidings, but lucky to have been passengers then, and before.

Don't think we're resting in the sidings atm. I think the train has been dismantled I'm afraid, every nut & bolt, bit by bit.
Will we see again? on 16:13 - May 22 with 1674 viewsWhiterockin

I remember Laudrup speaking at a fans forum shortly after he signed, saying it would be impossible for a club like Swansea to get to the top of the Premier League, but winning a cup is not out of the question.

Amazing what a good manager can do for a club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024