Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. 12:09 - May 20 with 1532 viewsNotLoyal

For me now we all get together on a Saturday night, mobiles off, all make some food, usually spicy small dishes, a few bottles of wine ( I drink water as I now train for three hours on Saturday afternoons, something I intend to carry on ) and gave up all forms of consumption years ago. The chat, the togetherness as a family is an experience we had nearly lost due to the pressures of 75 hour weeks, being away etc. I’m in the middle of sorting a shorter week so I can spend Thursday to Monday morning at home or at least work from home on Thursday and preserve three days together, Friday to Monday morning. The hard graft over the past 15 years has ensured some stability. The lockdown has been a pain but we are most certainly reunited as a family, I’m just not going to give it up.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 12:19 - May 20 with 1520 viewsTreforys_Jack

Great post , I think many families feel the same, cant remember the last time we all sat down at the table for a meal before lockdown. Its definitely been one of the few pluses from CV. I bet many families have unfortunately been put under huge strain due to being forced to stay in together, I'm thankful we're not one of them.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 13:33 - May 20 with 1472 viewsdickythorpe

I will train either in morning or after work. I've "refound" my mojo for weights albeit far lighter than from my playing days.
I'm going to be more patient with people as well.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 14:33 - May 20 with 1441 viewseddie71

Enjoying the calmer atmos of working from home (I know I am lucky) also discovering lots of new music, particularly recommend Seafret and Julia Holter.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 14:39 - May 20 with 1439 viewshobo

Healthy eating with home cooked meals, and no alcohol
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 15:07 - May 20 with 1426 viewssquarebear

We have no family in Wales nowadays, so seeing everyone during our Sunday night quiz on zoom has been a real bonus. Sadly I don't think the rest of the family feel the need to continue with it once out of lockdown. We might see if they'll indulge us on a monthly basis.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 19:10 - May 20 with 1350 viewsCatullus

I have learned to love gardening. During all this time spent on the garden has become happy time. Hard work is good for you after all, it seems!
We intend to keep on having the organic food delivered and stay away from the processed crap in supermarkets, keep using the small local shops.

I read (our food supplier does a newsletter, it was on there) that in a government survey, 91% of people don't want things to go back completely to the way they were pre lockdown.

Maybe there will be some good in all this after all?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 20:54 - May 20 with 1312 viewsdickythorpe

Catullus, local farm shops are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Wherever I am in these Isles of a once Great Britain I always seek one out.
I found this gem in a village near from Newark where my missus hails from. It has the added bonus of a garden centre and cafe.

http://www.hardysfarmshop.co.uk/
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 20:58 - May 20 with 1308 viewsNeath_Jack

Absolutely nothing at all.

"What will you do after the lockdown ends", is the new "New years resolution, new year new me" bollocks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 21:36 - May 20 with 1293 viewsLohengrin

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 20:54 - May 20 by dickythorpe

Catullus, local farm shops are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Wherever I am in these Isles of a once Great Britain I always seek one out.
I found this gem in a village near from Newark where my missus hails from. It has the added bonus of a garden centre and cafe.

http://www.hardysfarmshop.co.uk/

Buy local every time, Dicky.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 21:38 - May 20 with 1292 viewssquarebear

Actually yeah, I will continue buying beers from local breweries.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 23:06 - May 20 with 1264 viewsDr_Winston

Online quizzes and assorted social events with my friends on a Saturday evening. We've gone from going out 2/3 times a week in our twenties to maybe five or six times a year in our forties. It's been nice to interact on a regular basis again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 13:19 - May 21 with 1143 viewsNotLoyal

I’m not enamoured with the quiz thing, but it’s nice to see family who live abroad, however I’m liking the more calmer approach, less stress can’t be bad.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 14:33 - May 21 with 1106 viewsZaxx

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with friends and family once again.
And be able to take some time off from work even if it's a few days off pottering around the garden and catching up on the mounting chores, lol
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 18:43 - May 21 with 1036 viewsJackfath

I'm going to start posting more on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 18:48 - May 21 with 1030 viewsSwanjaxs

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 18:43 - May 21 by Jackfath

I'm going to start posting less 👍🏻🤣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 21:04 - May 21 with 983 viewsmajorraglan

Good to see lots of people having really positives experiences during this difficult time and having the opportunity to spend more time with family. A number of years ago, we went on holiday to Germany and almost everything was closed on a Sunday, a few restaurants and bars were open but that was about it, no shops, cinemas etc. It was great to see families having the chance to spend time together, in this country Sunday has turned in to just another day and not all of us get the chance to spend it with our families.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 03:29 - May 22 with 921 viewsdameedna

Over about six weeks I have been landscaping, doing about five hours a dayif I can get away with it and training at 7am every morning.

Hoping the football season starts up soon as miss the lads and the weekly training, drink at the club and match at weekends. Hope to keep up the training up. What used to be my strenght, running was becoming my weakness but managing to run every day.

I can sleep easier at night having smashed the bulk of the landscaping, have to get back on the computer more next week.
Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 03:55 - May 22 with 912 viewsGlyn1

Things you do now that you will keep on doing. on 18:43 - May 21 by Jackfath

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024