Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST update 11:09 - May 21 with 29646 viewspencoedjack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chairmans-update-season-tickets?_ccCt=eF8vuTSlM
ST update on 14:40 - May 21 with 2322 viewsDarran

ST update on 14:30 - May 21 by Darran

No not really. You need a nucleus of players to add to we won’t have hardly any worth keeping if what I say is correct.
Put our last starting line up up and see who we’ve got left out of what I said.

Don’t bother I’ll do it.

So out of Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Joe Rodon, Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes, Aldo Kalulu, Conor Gallagher, Andre Ayew; Rhian Brewster.

We’ll have Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes left. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

ST update on 14:47 - May 21 with 2314 viewsjacabertawe

Would it not be a good idea for the Trust to ask Birch et al to have an open meeting for all supporters at this critical time, in order that we may vent our views?
He should come prepared!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

ST update on 14:50 - May 21 with 2312 viewsBadlands

ST update on 12:52 - May 21 by Neath_Jack

I'm not bothered about a refund for this season, they can keep it. I'm more concerned with next years, in that I haven't bought it yet (always leave it until the last day). I don't want to relinquish the seat I've had since the stadium opened, but I'm not a fan of paying for a ticket when the chances of going into the stadium seem a long way off. If we don't buy season tickets on that basis, and the club go bankrupt, then I obviously don't want that either.

But in the back of my mind is why should i stump up for next year, when the players are not taking a pay cut through this. It could also be argued why should they, they are only here for a short time, the club doesn't mean anything to them.

THF no one knows when or if the season will resume or how it will be available for fans.
Without fans there is no point IMO.
As for me, I'm not worried about refund on this season as I would probably have missed two games and I'll have saved more by not spending on travel and additional spending on game day.
but for many, especially families it could be a sizeable amount and should be reclaimable as cash.
I suspect a single system will be employed to keep thing simple and avoid people moaning after the event.
All there be fans net season, assuming it starts an continues?
A sensible idea would be to restrict attendance to a %age of capacity and keep hospitality closed (spacing and time constraints) with seating allocated to ensure distancing.
I also like the idea of ending the season now. It would save clubs their bonus payments and transfers could go ahead without complications.
WBA being promoted with no relegation from PL (Not Leeds as they blew a better position last sass and it would inflate the PL too much.) And points reset to zero.
Similar in L1 and L2 with them and Championship with left over added to next season and cups abandoned for a year. Points totals would excuse those gained from promoted club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

ST update on 15:45 - May 21 with 2252 viewsLeonWasGod

ST update on 12:46 - May 21 by andrew

Can’t see us being down there this year to be honest.

No, I can't either
ST update on 16:16 - May 21 with 2214 viewsVetchfielder

The club is testing the water with this statement - we might do this etc.
I'm not bothered about losing the money for 4 games - I paid for those about 18 months ago. But Birch is making out that they are desperate for fans not to claim a refund because that could cost them £1M and cash flow is problematic. Well, if the owners can't lend the club £1M - lend , not give - then we have problems. And £1M is not a game changer if we have problems - especially as we can sell Rodon to more than cover that. So I don't like the way Birch is almost frightening the supporters not to ask for a refund - look on Twitter to see that people are saying 'keep my money rather than the club folding' (paraphrasing).
I'd like to see all the options before deciding - and I'd also like to see an option to donate to charity instead.
And, of course, we are taking some very minor pain in not being able to watch live football while the over-paid players take no pain at all in terms of the wages which they are not doing any work for.
I have no views about next season yet , there is so much that could happen before that starts up again.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 16:45]

Proud to have been one of the 231

ST update on 16:21 - May 21 with 2208 viewsTreforys_Jack

ST update on 16:16 - May 21 by Vetchfielder

The club is testing the water with this statement - we might do this etc.
I'm not bothered about losing the money for 4 games - I paid for those about 18 months ago. But Birch is making out that they are desperate for fans not to claim a refund because that could cost them £1M and cash flow is problematic. Well, if the owners can't lend the club £1M - lend , not give - then we have problems. And £1M is not a game changer if we have problems - especially as we can sell Rodon to more than cover that. So I don't like the way Birch is almost frightening the supporters not to ask for a refund - look on Twitter to see that people are saying 'keep my money rather than the club folding' (paraphrasing).
I'd like to see all the options before deciding - and I'd also like to see an option to donate to charity instead.
And, of course, we are taking some very minor pain in not being able to watch live football while the over-paid players take no pain at all in terms of the wages which they are not doing any work for.
I have no views about next season yet , there is so much that could happen before that starts up again.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 16:45]

Its 4 games, and I pay for 3 adult season tickets, so roughly £240, as well as already having shelled out for 3 next year. The club can only get money from 3 sources, the players taking a reduction, the owners or the fans. Guess which option they think of first.
ST update on 16:38 - May 21 with 2186 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Correct me if I'm wrong; Birch, Cooper and the rest of the playing staff are refusing to take a pay cut to assist with the incredible situation we are in, yet here the club is informing fans they will not be refunded for a service they will not be provided and therefore are ensuring these fans lose out financially. £84 could mean a great deal to many who are now struggling in the current situation.

Quite frankly anybody who defends Birch, Cooper or anyone else involved in this is a disgrace.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

ST update on 16:42 - May 21 with 2179 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Another point to add, I am confident the majority of the people who were lauding over Birch after he put £100 behind an away pub bar a few months ago will be amongst those parroting the "they can keep my £84 if it keeps the club afloat" nonsense we'll inevitably see in the coming days.

Joe Rodon is surely capable of being sold this Summer for a fee exceeding £5,000,000. There are other ways the club could raise this £1,000,000 figure Birch is talking about as well.

Attempting to manipulate the supporters out of their money is absolutely scandalous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

ST update on 16:49 - May 21 with 2167 viewsjacabertawe

ST update on 16:38 - May 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Correct me if I'm wrong; Birch, Cooper and the rest of the playing staff are refusing to take a pay cut to assist with the incredible situation we are in, yet here the club is informing fans they will not be refunded for a service they will not be provided and therefore are ensuring these fans lose out financially. £84 could mean a great deal to many who are now struggling in the current situation.

Quite frankly anybody who defends Birch, Cooper or anyone else involved in this is a disgrace.

Yes, putting responsibility on the fans to help, when the multi-millionaire shareholders do ....... what, exactly? Birch etc and the players should take significant pay CUTS before placing the onus on us.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 17:11]

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

ST update on 17:18 - May 21 with 2116 viewsmonmouth

Why would anyone not take a refund when Ayew takes the piss?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ST update on 17:22 - May 21 with 2110 viewsSwansea93

I believe Cooper and Birch took a wage decrease and also the players agreed to a 20% cut BUT will be repayed this amount once fans are allowed back in stadiums, so the players actually don't lose out on anything in the end,yet the fans are basically being told if we have refunds the club will be in trouble, £80, £100,£25 regardless of the amount people are owed we all have still forked out this some of us are comfortable with money some of us struggle alot more so any refund back is a bonus especially to lower earners. We're all for helping the club out of course but these players could lose 50% and not have it repayed to them and be alright.

I personally don't agree with a live stream of the match instead of a refund working out as 20 odd quid per stream.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

ST update on 17:24 - May 21 with 2105 viewsBillyChong

ST update on 17:22 - May 21 by Swansea93

I believe Cooper and Birch took a wage decrease and also the players agreed to a 20% cut BUT will be repayed this amount once fans are allowed back in stadiums, so the players actually don't lose out on anything in the end,yet the fans are basically being told if we have refunds the club will be in trouble, £80, £100,£25 regardless of the amount people are owed we all have still forked out this some of us are comfortable with money some of us struggle alot more so any refund back is a bonus especially to lower earners. We're all for helping the club out of course but these players could lose 50% and not have it repayed to them and be alright.

I personally don't agree with a live stream of the match instead of a refund working out as 20 odd quid per stream.

Cooper and Birch took pay deferrals not decreases. So as per the players they will not be out of pocket at all.
ST update on 17:31 - May 21 with 2090 viewsBillyChong

The yanks are trying to mug fans off with a guilt trip here. Why should the regular fan sacrifice their refund for a bunch of wealthy players, directors and owners (including the 28 or so ‘investors’). Huw claimed the sale was to make the club more financially stable. Again, clear that was an absolute lie on his part and/or bluff from the yanks.
ST update on 17:34 - May 21 with 2086 viewsNeath_Jack

ST update on 17:18 - May 21 by monmouth

Why would anyone not take a refund when Ayew takes the piss?

To save the club, potentially.

Ayew will be gone soon enough, let's hope the club isn't.

Businesses are going pop right left and centre, now I don't know how realistic it is that we could go, but it doesn't take an accountant to work out that there is f*ck all money coming in, and shed loads going out. Can only happen for a short amount of time I'd guess.

What Ayew and the rest of the big earners is doing f*cking stinks, but for us to not put our money in, or request rebates back because of them, is a bit like cutting ones nose off.

It's a f*cking horrible situation.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

ST update on 18:34 - May 21 with 1994 viewsbenny67

so Birch is floating the idea of streaming the games in return of not claiming a refund, now let me understand this i have read numerous posts during the season where supporters who had paid to stream the games who were let down by the by club and the streaming service, so this option does not fill me with any confidence.
ST update on 18:53 - May 21 with 1974 viewsjacktar

I've already renewed my ST and have also bought 4 tickets for the remaining home games this season for a mate of mine, so it's not just ST holders.
I will most certainly be looking to get a refund for missed games.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 18:55]

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

ST update on 19:06 - May 21 with 1951 viewsperplex

ST update on 13:54 - May 21 by lifelong

My feelings exactly, also if you renew for next season and there is a second wave of the virus in the Autumn you can probably kiss goodbye to that money also.

What if you paid by credit card, if you do not receive your season ticket for next season and not received the money back the credit card company will have to reimburse wont they, no doubt they will then go after the club for the money.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 19:19]
ST update on 19:20 - May 21 with 1923 viewsjojaca

ST update on 18:53 - May 21 by jacktar

I've already renewed my ST and have also bought 4 tickets for the remaining home games this season for a mate of mine, so it's not just ST holders.
I will most certainly be looking to get a refund for missed games.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 18:55]

The problem with the live stream route is how many games would actually be on Sky Sports anyway. I personally not bothered about refunds for remaining games, but would like a small gesture. Next season will be massive dilemma for club if fans can't attend, i would definitely like a full refund.

Even when you know, you never know?

ST update on 19:23 - May 21 with 1913 viewsexiledclaseboy

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Poll: Tory leader

ST update on 19:28 - May 21 with 1908 viewsperplex

I was thinking about letting the £80 as long as the games are streamed etc, but am now having second thoughts haveing seen some posters post about why are they asking the fans for the Million quid and not the owners.
ST update on 20:05 - May 21 with 1863 viewsNortbankboy

ST update on 19:28 - May 21 by perplex

I was thinking about letting the £80 as long as the games are streamed etc, but am now having second thoughts haveing seen some posters post about why are they asking the fans for the Million quid and not the owners.

I will not be asking for my money back.
Can't help it,I'm a Jack to the core.
ST update on 20:20 - May 21 with 1834 viewsfbreath

Just remember what these people did to club legends etc. Turfing them out and the other things they have done that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

ST update on 20:24 - May 21 with 1826 viewsTreforys_Jack

ST update on 20:05 - May 21 by Nortbankboy

I will not be asking for my money back.
Can't help it,I'm a Jack to the core.

It's not about who's the best supporter.
ST update on 20:31 - May 21 with 1815 viewsLeonWasGod

ST update on 14:40 - May 21 by Darran

Don’t bother I’ll do it.

So out of Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Joe Rodon, Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes, Aldo Kalulu, Conor Gallagher, Andre Ayew; Rhian Brewster.

We’ll have Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes left. lol

On the plus side, only 1 more needed for 5-a-side
ST update on 22:14 - May 21 with 1709 viewsVincent_Vega

Agree with you 100% (first time for everything I suppose)

If it was for the benefit of a local ownership trying to genuinely keep the club afloat I’d sacrifice it but this lot can suck my stump!! I need that money to help pay my mortgage and I’ll be keeping an eye on next years seasons ticket money as I’ve already paid for it in December and I’ll be hoping for a refund on that too. Sad for me to feel that way but I cannot justify to the bank that ayews wages are a higher priority than my mortgage...

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024