Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slipping through the net 18:05 - May 29 with 3155 viewsdickythorpe

Just heard a neighbour of mine say that someone has travelled up to Ross on Wye from Cross Hands and back today.
If I travelled from Carmarthen to Tenby this sunny evening I guarantee I would get stopped.
Slipping through the net on 18:17 - May 29 with 1902 viewsHighjack

I honestly don’t think anybody gives a f*ck about enforcing “lockdown” anymore. You can pretty much do whatever you like.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Slipping through the net on 18:21 - May 29 with 1886 viewsCatullus

Slipping through the net on 18:17 - May 29 by Highjack

I honestly don’t think anybody gives a f*ck about enforcing “lockdown” anymore. You can pretty much do whatever you like.

There'll be lots more Cummings and goings now!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Slipping through the net on 18:25 - May 29 with 1880 viewsdickythorpe

Slipping through the net on 18:17 - May 29 by Highjack

I think you are right.

Let's all hope we're going to beat this virus.
Slipping through the net on 18:38 - May 29 with 1865 viewsHighjack

Slipping through the net on 18:21 - May 29 by Catullus

There'll be lots more Cummings and goings now!

As much as Cummings is a bastard and he shouldn’t be allowed to carry on due to the fact he’s broken the same rules he himself set, his attitude and behaviour is the same as a significant minority of the population who have just carried on regardless with the attitude of “It won’t do any harm if I...”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Slipping through the net on 21:09 - May 29 with 1762 viewsDr_Winston

Think the Welsh Police are more concerned with catching the barbarian English hordes crossing the borders than local transgressors. They're probably staking out the main attractions like Tenby and nabbing them there.

English coppers don't give a shit about Welsh in Ross on Wye as it's OK on that side of the border.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Slipping through the net on 21:28 - May 29 with 1729 viewsKilkennyjack

Slipping through the net on 18:38 - May 29 by Highjack

As much as Cummings is a bastard and he shouldn’t be allowed to carry on due to the fact he’s broken the same rules he himself set, his attitude and behaviour is the same as a significant minority of the population who have just carried on regardless with the attitude of “It won’t do any harm if I...”

You have a point, although not many knowingly take someone who has the virus in a car trip across England.

Its Classic Dom, and very stupid.

Beware of the Risen People

Slipping through the net on 21:40 - May 29 with 1718 viewsNeathJack

Slipping through the net on 21:09 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Think the Welsh Police are more concerned with catching the barbarian English hordes crossing the borders than local transgressors. They're probably staking out the main attractions like Tenby and nabbing them there.

English coppers don't give a shit about Welsh in Ross on Wye as it's OK on that side of the border.

And besides, the supermarkets have cheaper booze there thanks to the Welsh Government.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 21:42]
Slipping through the net on 21:41 - May 29 with 1716 viewsCatullus

Slipping through the net on 18:38 - May 29 by Highjack

So not only is Cummings a b'stard for doing what he did, he's useless at his job too because he obviously didn't set and explain the rules properly or persuade everyone to stick with them?
Maybe Bojo should take over.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Slipping through the net on 21:52 - May 29 with 1704 viewsDr_Winston

Slipping through the net on 21:40 - May 29 by NeathJack

And besides, the supermarkets have cheaper booze there thanks to the Welsh Government.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 21:42]

I am incandescent with rage at the £3.14 rise in the price of a bottle of Lidl Gin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Slipping through the net on 00:13 - May 30 with 1633 viewsWarwickHunt

I drove past Barnes Bridge this afternoon - you’d have thought the boat race was on. Everyone drinking takeaway beers, presumably from the pubs across the road.
Slipping through the net on 00:15 - May 30 with 1630 viewscontroversial_jack

Slipping through the net on 18:25 - May 29 by dickythorpe

I think you are right.

Let's all hope we're going to beat this virus.

Hope won't beat it, action, common sense and discipline will
Slipping through the net on 10:10 - May 30 with 1513 viewsWhiterockin

Its all going to go tits up from 15th. Everyone is moving about freely as it is, when the shops open in England many will cross the boarder to go shopping, loads are working in England anyway. South East Wales will go to Bristol, Mid Wales to the West Midlands and North Wales to Chester ect. You will see it from Monday with anyone who wants to buy a new car. If Drakford doesn't address this somehow the Welsh economy will take a hammering and there will be many disgruntled businesses.
Slipping through the net on 10:17 - May 30 with 1499 viewsdickythorpe

Slipping through the net on 00:15 - May 30 by controversial_jack

I hope you are right.....
Slipping through the net on 10:18 - May 30 with 1497 viewsmonmouth

My mate says that there is a queue of cars over the bridge at Chepstow into the Wye Valley and has been all week. She says there were a couple of m/c cops stopping a few cars until last week and now they have simply given up as it is pointless. Might as well just forget it, open everything up and let anybody that wants to risk infecting themselves. Just give them the warnings. Anything else will probably become form over substance in very short order anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Slipping through the net on 10:22 - May 30 with 1488 viewsdickythorpe

Slipping through the net on 10:18 - May 30 by monmouth

My mate says that there is a queue of cars over the bridge at Chepstow into the Wye Valley and has been all week. She says there were a couple of m/c cops stopping a few cars until last week and now they have simply given up as it is pointless. Might as well just forget it, open everything up and let anybody that wants to risk infecting themselves. Just give them the warnings. Anything else will probably become form over substance in very short order anyway.

Time to go on that undertaker/funeral director course.

324 deaths yesterday yet some think this is "good news" as it is down on the day before!!!

Beggars belief!!!
[Post edited 30 May 2020 13:51]
Slipping through the net on 11:19 - May 30 with 1452 viewscontroversial_jack

Slipping through the net on 10:22 - May 30 by dickythorpe

324 deaths yesterday yet some think this is "good news" as it is down on the day before!!!

Beggars belief!!!

Still getting 2,000 new cases every day
Slipping through the net on 11:34 - May 30 with 1430 viewssainthelens

Basically down to the weather. People are teed off staying in now made impossible with current heatwave. If this was middle of November then lockdown would still be adhered to.
Simples.
Slipping through the net on 11:37 - May 30 with 1420 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Slipping through the net on 11:19 - May 30 by controversial_jack

When is a lockdown not a lockdown, when it is a UK or USA lockdown.
Slipping through the net on 12:49 - May 30 with 1365 viewsMrSwerve

Slipping through the net on 00:13 - May 30 by WarwickHunt

I drove past Barnes Bridge this afternoon - you’d have thought the boat race was on. Everyone drinking takeaway beers, presumably from the pubs across the road.

Apparently large crowds outside pubs in Swansea that are doing ‘takeaway beers’ last night.

Read a comment on Facebook that there looked to be 100 odd people outside the Riverhouse in SA1 last night. No idea if true though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Slipping through the net on 12:57 - May 30 with 1350 viewsdickythorpe

There are pictures of Bar Gallois in Port Talbot on Facebook apparently open and customers drinking.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 12:57]
Slipping through the net on 13:03 - May 30 with 1334 viewsNotLoyal

By no means perfect but after a zoom with family in Spain this morning I was sent this.
I suppose this is what a real lockdown achieves.
https://english.elpais.com/

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Slipping through the net on 13:46 - May 30 with 1298 viewsGreatBritton

Slipping through the net on 10:22 - May 30 by dickythorpe

Beggars belief!!!

Spain had 2 deaths.
Slipping through the net on 14:33 - May 30 with 1251 viewsCatullus

Slipping through the net on 11:19 - May 30 by controversial_jack

That's the cases we know about. Without mass testing we'll never know how many new cases there really are.
Humans can be self destructive, common sense over ridden by personal desire. Maybe the day is coming when Bojo says lets move on, back to normal everyone and we can all pay the price.
My immediate neighbour is of the opinion we just need to get on with it, besides he has a holiday in Spain booked for next month and he can't miss that and lots of 18-24 yr olds have been enjoying the sun anyway,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52852498

Any sarcasm is intended.

Slipping through the net on 14:33 - May 30 with 1251 viewskrunchykarrot

As long as you keep the distance, wazz in a bush if required what is the problem? Seriosly i have worked through and have met people from all over the country and Europe. Keep to the rules for sanitising and thats all you can do.

Lets open up safely and as quickly as possible as people are going to ignore the basics and say eff it.
Slipping through the net on 14:53 - May 30 with 1236 viewskarnataka

Slipping through the net on 00:15 - May 30 by controversial_jack

Agree 100% but action, common sense and discipline are all disappearing over the horizon so hope may soon be all we have unless we have record June rainfall to keep everyone indoors instead of on the nation's beaches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024