Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insomnia 02:25 - Jun 14 with 4323 viewsEbo

I've never really suffered from it in my lifetime, but since lockdown, I've developed a horrible cycle of just not being able to sleep. I have tried going to bed early and not being able to drift off until silly o'clock then waking up at 4/5 o'clock and not being able to get back to sleep. Cut out caffeine during the afternoons, no booze, walking every day, no stodge yet feel like a zombie most of the day, but bedtime I can't switch off.

Anyone else suffering from it?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Insomnia on 02:34 - Jun 14 with 3434 viewsPozuelosSideys

Unless it's medical, you're just in a rut. You need to discipline yourself and force yourself to get up early every day no matter how little you've slept. Keep busy during the day and bury yourself with as much exercise as you can-more than just a walk. After a few days your body clock will come back to a decent cycle. The getting up bit is key but easier said than done.

Worked for me anyway. Feel your pain tho.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Insomnia on 02:39 - Jun 14 with 3429 viewsEbo

Insomnia on 02:34 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

Unless it's medical, you're just in a rut. You need to discipline yourself and force yourself to get up early every day no matter how little you've slept. Keep busy during the day and bury yourself with as much exercise as you can-more than just a walk. After a few days your body clock will come back to a decent cycle. The getting up bit is key but easier said than done.

Worked for me anyway. Feel your pain tho.

I try and do around 5k a day. Think I will try and get up at 6 and go for a brisk 5k. Trouble is I might drop off on the sofa mid-afternoon and be back to square one.

Insomnia on 02:42 - Jun 14 with 3426 viewsDJack

Insomnia on 02:39 - Jun 14 by Ebo

I try and do around 5k a day. Think I will try and get up at 6 and go for a brisk 5k. Trouble is I might drop off on the sofa mid-afternoon and be back to square one.

Not using the usual amounts of energy and the added issue of low level COVID19 related anxiety

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Insomnia on 02:54 - Jun 14 with 3415 viewsEbo

Insomnia on 02:42 - Jun 14 by DJack

Not using the usual amounts of energy and the added issue of low level COVID19 related anxiety

I think it's a lack of routine at the moment. Usually, I work from home or out meeting with clients, but at the moment work is very stop-start home working.

Insomnia on 03:01 - Jun 14 with 3409 viewsDJack

Insomnia on 02:54 - Jun 14 by Ebo

I think it's a lack of routine at the moment. Usually, I work from home or out meeting with clients, but at the moment work is very stop-start home working.

Yeah, after hitting submit I realised I omitted "routine". even the most non-conformist types still follow a routine of sorts. It is that change that throws us.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Insomnia on 03:44 - Jun 14 with 3400 viewsGlyn1

Insomnia on 03:01 - Jun 14 by DJack

Yeah, after hitting submit I realised I omitted "routine". even the most non-conformist types still follow a routine of sorts. It is that change that throws us.

Sorry for you Ebo.

Yours is the most important posting today. I don't have that problem but I'm guessing that lots of other people do. Good luck and god bless.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Insomnia on 03:47 - Jun 14 with 3397 viewsDJack

Insomnia on 03:44 - Jun 14 by Glyn1

Sorry for you Ebo.

Yours is the most important posting today. I don't have that problem but I'm guessing that lots of other people do. Good luck and god bless.

Glyn mate, not trying to create offence but the world is starting to go to hell in a handcart and insomnia is the greatest issue to you...

You mad bro.

Insomnia on 09:17 - Jun 14 with 3283 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m terrible at sleeping, have been for years. I usually go to bed around midnight and the alarm goes off at 6. On a good night I’ll sleep for about three or four of those six hours.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Insomnia on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 3261 viewsGwyn737

I’ve been exactly the same (not sleeping) since lockdown.

I’ve found having audio books on quietly helps. I’m not really listening- it’s more of a white noise type thing.
Insomnia on 09:47 - Jun 14 with 3241 viewsDarran

Read some of your own posts Ebo you’ll be sleeping in minutes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Insomnia on 09:52 - Jun 14 with 3231 viewsBest_loser

Try one of Kerouac 3 hour long videos on cultural Marxism

Failing that, the Frankfurt school one
Insomnia on 10:16 - Jun 14 with 3195 viewsCooperman

I have gone in the opposite direction. Pre Covid-19 I was only spending two or three nights per week in my own bed and I was fairly sure then that it was impacting on sleep habits. Fast forward twelve weeks of sleeping at home and I’m regularly getting my seven hours a night.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Insomnia on 10:22 - Jun 14 with 3186 viewsWarwickHunt

Insomnia on 10:16 - Jun 14 by Cooperman

I have gone in the opposite direction. Pre Covid-19 I was only spending two or three nights per week in my own bed and I was fairly sure then that it was impacting on sleep habits. Fast forward twelve weeks of sleeping at home and I’m regularly getting my seven hours a night.

“These days, if I’m not in bed by 3am I go home” - Jack Nicholson.
Insomnia on 10:50 - Jun 14 with 3157 viewscontroversial_jack

i sleep ok, usually get the 7 or 8 hours, but i tend to wake up often during the night, and have vivid dreams.I try not to nap during the day too, that helps
Insomnia on 10:53 - Jun 14 with 3148 viewsairedale

Insomnia on 09:17 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

I’m terrible at sleeping, have been for years. I usually go to bed around midnight and the alarm goes off at 6. On a good night I’ll sleep for about three or four of those six hours.

Whydya need the alarm then Clasie?

When I had insomnia, I went to the doctor and he gave me a shedfull of advice. I said to him that’s a lot to take in, and he said just go home and sleep on it.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 10:56]
Insomnia on 11:57 - Jun 14 with 3098 viewsFireboy2

Simple, have a w@#$
Insomnia on 12:01 - Jun 14 with 3088 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Videos of the Swans under Paul Clement will have you sleeping like the dead. Only trouble is you might not want to wake up again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Insomnia on 12:27 - Jun 14 with 3076 viewsoldcob

Oh don't worry. It's not worth losing any sleep over.
Insomnia on 12:54 - Jun 14 with 3044 viewsjack2jack

Insomnia on 11:57 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

Simple, have a w@#$

He walks 5k a day mun, keep up.😁
Insomnia on 13:08 - Jun 14 with 3030 viewsjack2jack

Insomnia on 02:39 - Jun 14 by Ebo

Don't catnap in the afternoons,it'll fvck up your sleep pattern.
Other than that you seem to be doing all the right things.
Try not to worry or force your sleeping, it'll go back to normal by itself
Good luck.
Insomnia on 13:18 - Jun 14 with 3020 viewsNotLoyal

A mate had the same problem as you ebo, he resorted to staying awake for as long as he could without being concerned about timeframes to get up etc. Obviously he went to sleep and slept for longer than he had for years. Another took a load of whiz and stayed up for three days and resorted back to a sleep pattern that suited him, I don’t advocate the latter. Not these days anyway.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Insomnia on 14:44 - Jun 14 with 2979 viewsexiledclaseboy

Insomnia on 13:18 - Jun 14 by NotLoyal

A mate had the same problem as you ebo, he resorted to staying awake for as long as he could without being concerned about timeframes to get up etc. Obviously he went to sleep and slept for longer than he had for years. Another took a load of whiz and stayed up for three days and resorted back to a sleep pattern that suited him, I don’t advocate the latter. Not these days anyway.

Gotta be worth’s try though.

Poll: Tory leader

Insomnia on 14:52 - Jun 14 with 2962 viewsLohengrin

Get a couple of hounds and get yourself out in the fresh air. A lot of you on here don’t do physical jobs, you don’t get enough physical exercise to be properly tired.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Insomnia on 14:57 - Jun 14 with 2957 viewsFireboy2

Insomnia on 14:52 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

Get a couple of hounds and get yourself out in the fresh air. A lot of you on here don’t do physical jobs, you don’t get enough physical exercise to be properly tired.

How do you know what jobs people do?

Are you the oracle?
Insomnia on 15:00 - Jun 14 with 2952 viewschad

Insomnia on 11:57 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

Simple, have a w@#$

Um I would have thought a nice long bath, with scented candles and exotic oils, might be better

He could have a wash in there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024