Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 years ago today 16:17 - Jun 15 with 3311 viewsbuilthjack

Michael Laudrup came in. Possibly our greatest ever Manager.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

8 years ago today on 10:06 - Jun 16 with 992 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8 years ago today on 09:42 - Jun 16 by globus10

The day laudrup was sacked was the day the club lost its class.

And arguably its soul

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

8 years ago today on 10:20 - Jun 16 with 978 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup wasn't entirely innocent in his departure. It's not a coincidence that he has a long track record of leaving clubs in his second season. The problems since his sacking lay more in decisions made about his replacement and the change in priorities of club ownership than him leaving specifically though.

Having said that, if you were picking a top three Swans managers he'd definitely be in it alongside Toshack and Rodgers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

8 years ago today on 10:25 - Jun 16 with 974 viewsWarwickHunt

8 years ago today on 09:42 - Jun 16 by globus10

The day laudrup was sacked was the day the club lost its class.

And descended even further with Guido's disgusting and ludicrous sacking.
8 years ago today on 10:43 - Jun 16 with 962 viewschad

8 years ago today on 10:25 - Jun 16 by WarwickHunt

And descended even further with Guido's disgusting and ludicrous sacking.

Such a lovely chap too, disgraceful treatment
8 years ago today on 11:05 - Jun 16 with 948 viewsjack247

8 years ago today on 10:20 - Jun 16 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup wasn't entirely innocent in his departure. It's not a coincidence that he has a long track record of leaving clubs in his second season. The problems since his sacking lay more in decisions made about his replacement and the change in priorities of club ownership than him leaving specifically though.

Having said that, if you were picking a top three Swans managers he'd definitely be in it alongside Toshack and Rodgers.

100%. He even said when he got here he’d probably not stay long. If Laudrup had the drive to match his talent, we’d have had a hell of a manager.

In fairness, why would a man of his stature in the game want to grovel to Jenkins for transfer targets. Blame on both sides IMO
8 years ago today on 11:50 - Jun 16 with 926 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8 years ago today on 10:20 - Jun 16 by Dr_Winston

Yes. But did he specifically want to leave that early? You can’t blame him just because he left other clubs early - it doesn’t automatically follow that he would definitely have left at the end of that season. This wasn’t a second division Spanish club, it was an EPL club that had won silverware . I’m sure his interest was quite genuine in improving us further.

Monk (had form with Sousa - another European football legend) and Jenkins 100 % to blame - the start of our downfall.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

8 years ago today on 11:58 - Jun 16 with 922 viewsQJumpingJack

Sounds like his contract was terminated via email.

Check out the Guardian video and story:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/18/michael-laudrup-sacking-swansea
8 years ago today on 12:10 - Jun 16 with 917 viewsBadlands

8 years ago today on 11:05 - Jun 16 by jack247

100%. He even said when he got here he’d probably not stay long. If Laudrup had the drive to match his talent, we’d have had a hell of a manager.

In fairness, why would a man of his stature in the game want to grovel to Jenkins for transfer targets. Blame on both sides IMO

If he had etc drive to match his talent he wouldn't have been our manager.
Garry and pals didn't rate him and that sealed his fate.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

8 years ago today on 12:13 - Jun 16 with 915 viewsjack247

8 years ago today on 11:50 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes. But did he specifically want to leave that early? You can’t blame him just because he left other clubs early - it doesn’t automatically follow that he would definitely have left at the end of that season. This wasn’t a second division Spanish club, it was an EPL club that had won silverware . I’m sure his interest was quite genuine in improving us further.

Monk (had form with Sousa - another European football legend) and Jenkins 100 % to blame - the start of our downfall.

He massively overachieved in his first season, won the league cup and got us into Europe (we did down tools in the league after that but to be fair we effectively had nothing to play for). That summer, Jenkins refused to significantly increase the previously transfer budget (which didn’t account for a Europa League campaign). Laudrup just lost interest.

Had we signed the players he wanted, I think a young Aubameyang was on his list? I’m sure he’d have been more motivated, but as has been clearly evidenced since, the club were already close to the wind financially.
8 years ago today on 12:19 - Jun 16 with 909 viewsDr_Winston

8 years ago today on 11:50 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I doubt he wanted to leave that early but it seems to happen to him a lot.

I don't doubt that the lion's share of the blame lies with Jenkins and his ginger lickspittle, but Laudrup is a strong personality and has fallen out with club management in more places than this. Tutumlu didn't start going "off reservation" of his own accord. Laudrup had to have known what he was up to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

8 years ago today on 13:08 - Jun 16 with 883 viewschad

8 years ago today on 11:58 - Jun 16 by QJumpingJack

Sounds like his contract was terminated via email.

Check out the Guardian video and story:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/18/michael-laudrup-sacking-swansea

Yes Jinx shook hands with him and told him he should stay and shortly after sacked him via email and put it straight out to the media.

Jinx even confirmed this by saying he had a change of mind (or someone changed it for him in that very short time). Must have been a little ashamed of himself as he didn’t have the balls to tell Laudrup personally, or at least warn him by phone before putting it out to the press.

Was not even allowed to say goodbye to the players.

Jinx, the lying, cheating, money grabbing, sellout shit bag.

Monk even admitted in a TV interview, that he and Ash had decided to ‘save the club’ (save it for themselves more like). Read that as regain control, as the former done for, and the latter not liking no longer being king pin.
8 years ago today on 17:28 - Jun 16 with 821 viewsBillyChong

8 years ago today on 13:08 - Jun 16 by chad

Yes Jinx shook hands with him and told him he should stay and shortly after sacked him via email and put it straight out to the media.

Jinx even confirmed this by saying he had a change of mind (or someone changed it for him in that very short time). Must have been a little ashamed of himself as he didn’t have the balls to tell Laudrup personally, or at least warn him by phone before putting it out to the press.

Was not even allowed to say goodbye to the players.

Jinx, the lying, cheating, money grabbing, sellout shit bag.

Monk even admitted in a TV interview, that he and Ash had decided to ‘save the club’ (save it for themselves more like). Read that as regain control, as the former done for, and the latter not liking no longer being king pin.

“Save the club” if that’s true it even further confirms what a clown Monk is. Maybe his wife was directing him?
8 years ago today on 18:41 - Jun 16 with 801 viewschad

8 years ago today on 17:28 - Jun 16 by BillyChong

“Save the club” if that’s true it even further confirms what a clown Monk is. Maybe his wife was directing him?

Yes he said it on a TV interview after Laudrup sacked. Think he may have mentioned Leon too, but I always thought Leon just pulled into it. I was amazed at the admission, but he seemed chuffed as if they had done something selfless.

I think Jinx had made promises to Monk, it was said Laudrup not keen to take Monk under his wing in management. I think that is why his wife got fed up. He was largely done for before Laudrup, and was on his way out of the club if he could not get into management (think he was managing the under 8s).

Of course Monk and Ash used to being top dogs. Bren would probably play to that, whereas I imagine Laudrup would have none of it. Just reading between the lines and bits and pieces said. Was shocked when Laudrup sacked but could see something going on with Ash on the pitch for weeks before.

I can’t remember which player it was now (not any of the Spanish lads or Ash) and I think it was at Laudrup’s last match at West Ham. This player was actually pleading with some of the others to pull together and play, there was something very wrong. Of course we had been crippled with injuries as well, and had a massively crowded fixture list with European games.
8 years ago today on 19:20 - Jun 16 with 791 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup didn't rate Monk and was actively trying to move him on for quite a while, which obviously bruised an ego. He was close to going on loan to Bristol City at one point but the move fell through due to injury (some have claimed feigned).

Jenkins also wanted Monk on the coaching staff to groom him for a future role whereas Laudrup, perhaps realising what he was like, wanted no part of it. Happy to work with Curt, wanted no part of Monk.

This post has been edited by an administrator

8 years ago today on 19:49 - Jun 16 with 783 viewsFireboy2

Reading the last few posts is bringing a sickness back🤮
8 years ago today on 19:59 - Jun 16 with 776 viewsLeonWasGod

8 years ago today on 16:48 - Jun 15 by Treforys_Jack

Brilliant times, even if he was a bit odd.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 16:48]

Nailed it. End of thread.
8 years ago today on 21:14 - Jun 16 with 766 viewsQJumpingJack

Surely Laudrup will be inducted into the Wall Of Fame sometime soon?
8 years ago today on 22:15 - Jun 16 with 746 viewslonglostjack

8 years ago today on 08:22 - Jun 16 by lifelong

As good as that Laudrup team was there is only one winner when it comes to our best ever manager...Tosh.
What he did at the club by taking us through the divisions and coming close to winning the top flight, in my humble opinion, will never be repeated.

Very true. I‘m sure Bill Shankly was a great help to the young Tosh at the time too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

8 years ago today on 22:31 - Jun 16 with 739 viewspencoedjack

8 years ago today on 12:10 - Jun 16 by Badlands

If he had etc drive to match his talent he wouldn't have been our manager.
Garry and pals didn't rate him and that sealed his fate.

Garry Monk didn’t rate Michael Laudrup sounds bizarre.

I can imagine Laudrup looking back & laughing at 2 tossers in Monk & Jenkins.
8 years ago today on 05:17 - Jun 17 with 698 viewsWhiterockin

Laudrup is like the girlfriend you dumped and spent the rest of your life wondering how life would have been if you hadn't.
8 years ago today on 10:10 - Jun 17 with 668 viewsEasternJack

We had a succession of good managers over a period of many years who all contributed to what was being built and ultimately the success we enjoyed...

Flynn
Jacket
Martinez
Sousa
Rodgers
Laudrup

They all added something positive to the journey - Laudrup arguably harnessed that and achieved something remarkable during those 18 months.

Compare that group to what happened afterwards...

Monk
Guidolin
Bradley
Clement
Carvahal

Squandered potential as the owners shifted their priorities from what made us great to their own self interest.

Thankfully stopped the rot with Potter and now Cooper. Back to basics.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

8 years ago today on 15:45 - Jun 17 with 633 viewswaynekerr55

8 years ago today on 06:56 - Jun 16 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Our best manager ever. The whole situation was hideously mishandled by Jenkins. The first of many decisions that started his decline to villainy.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 6:57]

Sacked by email. Then the real life Championship Manager started

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024