Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126904 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:43 - Jul 25 with 1296 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:30 - Jul 25 by Kilkennyjack

People like the Tory party supporters are a stain on society.

Avoiding paying their taxes due by ‘clever’ schemes, loop holes, and worse, it’s a shame our once great country (sic) has allowed greedy people to get away with it.

See i fixed it for you.

Rich people should want to contribute to schools, hospitals, roads and security.
They have personal greed above compassion for others. Shame on them.

The top 1% pay over 30% of all income tax raised that pays for a lot of hospitals and schools.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? (n/t) on 23:10 - Jul 25 with 1271 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:22 - Jul 25 by builthjack

Going back to the original thread, there have been more new cases in Powys in the last 2 days, than there has been in the last month.

It looks like bad news on the Costas, quarantine is back as cases rise.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 23:19]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:39 - Jul 26 with 1195 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:43 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

The top 1% pay over 30% of all income tax raised that pays for a lot of hospitals and schools.

& his giro
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:17 - Jul 26 with 1196 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:43 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

They should pay a lot more.
UK remains one of the most unequal places on earth.

Greedy feckers happy to exploit people, but have to be forced to pay their dues. Nothing more.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? (n/t) on 09:18 - Jul 26 with 1195 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? (n/t) on 23:10 - Jul 25 by majorraglan

It looks like bad news on the Costas, quarantine is back as cases rise.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 23:19]

Yes, and thats what can happen.

Proves the cautious approach in Cymru is entirely sensible.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:23 - Jul 26 with 1194 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:38 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

Just hope the English charge a proper rate for the food they export to Wales. Wales inputs wheat, vegetable, fruit as the damp cold weather and hilly uplands cannot provide these basic foods in sufficient quantities.

Great idea.

Wales is in top 3 energy exporters on earth.

Wales will be just fine for food, power, and water.
Plus not paying towards bombing the people of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria.
Not paying for Trident, heathrow expansion, hs2, cross rail, HoC, HoL, And avoiding bank crashes that tank the economy.

Other European nations manage just fine.
They bomb nobody.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:46 - Jul 26 with 1179 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:23 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

Great idea.

Not paying for Trident, heathrow expansion, hs2, cross rail, HoC, HoL, And avoiding bank crashes that tank the economy.

They bomb nobody.

You do realise that Wales gets more back form the U.K. treasury than it pays in!

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:40 - Jul 26 with 1160 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:46 - Jul 26 by Andy1300

You do realise that Wales gets more back form the U.K. treasury than it pays in!

John has already explained this many times.

For example, Tesco does lots of business in wales.
Are you with me so far ?

For all that welsh based business the company pays ZERO tax in wales.
Its ALL paid in England as the company HQ is based in England.

So company tax that would be paid in Wales in an indy Wales, is counted as all in England.

And you can multiply that across most big businesses.

So ..... if you just read the numbers presented then you would be selling wales short.

I hope that helps.

BTW - if Indy Wales then joined the EU then you could expect that fact alone to attract businesses into wales. Being able to trade with EU without a mountain of pointless paperwork is a winner.

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:03 - Jul 26 with 1144 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:40 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

John has already explained this many times.

For example, Tesco does lots of business in wales.
Are you with me so far ?

For all that welsh based business the company pays ZERO tax in wales.
Its ALL paid in England as the company HQ is based in England.

So company tax that would be paid in Wales in an indy Wales, is counted as all in England.

And you can multiply that across most big businesses.

So ..... if you just read the numbers presented then you would be selling wales short.

I hope that helps.

BTW - if Indy Wales then joined the EU then you could expect that fact alone to attract businesses into wales. Being able to trade with EU without a mountain of pointless paperwork is a winner.

Will they move their company HQ to Wales then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 1133 viewschad

Great idea.

They bomb nobody.

I imagine the real, true, European Army will do that on their behalf in future, as the EU continues to push to become dominant and build the world in it image.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:00 - Jul 26 with 1117 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:17 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

They should pay a lot more.
UK remains one of the most unequal places on earth.

Greedy feckers happy to exploit people, but have to be forced to pay their dues. Nothing more.

I think you'll find there are many places worse than the UK. China, India, USA, the Oiul rich countries, North Korea. The gulf between top and bottom in thise places is much greater than here

Indonesia, thats quite tough too,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16722186

On the OP, I think we still have to be very careful. We need to maintain the rules and keep lockdown going for longer yet. I think England has opened up too much and will experience what Spain is seeing.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:54 - Jul 26 with 1106 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:00 - Jul 26 by Catullus

I think you'll find there are many places worse than the UK. China, India, USA, the Oiul rich countries, North Korea. The gulf between top and bottom in thise places is much greater than here

Indonesia, thats quite tough too,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16722186

On the OP, I think we still have to be very careful. We need to maintain the rules and keep lockdown going for longer yet. I think England has opened up too much and will experience what Spain is seeing.

The trouble is some of the figures can be a bit misleading. The figures shown for today shows 18 of the 22 new cases are in Betsi Cadwalladr so only 4 new cases in all of South, West and Mid Wales. The figures show 2 new cases in Swansea but these were discovered by home testing. There is a problem with Pillar 2 home testing results in that they are several days out of date. The 3 home tests recorded today show that 1 was found positive from a test taken on 21 July and 2 from 22 July. There has been no declared results yet for home testing for 23,24 or 25 July.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 17:59]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:53 - Jul 26 with 1086 viewsshingle

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:07 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

You are the dullest of the dull. 🏆

I guess you thought education was for other people ..?

You call everyone who exposes just how stupid you are by calling them the dullest of the dull, make your mind up mun.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:25 - Jul 26 with 1067 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:54 - Jul 26 by exhmrc1

The trouble is some of the figures can be a bit misleading. The figures shown for today shows 18 of the 22 new cases are in Betsi Cadwalladr so only 4 new cases in all of South, West and Mid Wales. The figures show 2 new cases in Swansea but these were discovered by home testing. There is a problem with Pillar 2 home testing results in that they are several days out of date. The 3 home tests recorded today show that 1 was found positive from a test taken on 21 July and 2 from 22 July. There has been no declared results yet for home testing for 23,24 or 25 July.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 17:59]

That backs up what I said about being careful though. We are in a better place than England so lets proceed with caution.
They all expect another wave and it's already happening in other Euro countries, it's only a matter of time before it comes back here.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:36 - Jul 26 with 1062 viewsCatullus

Great idea.

They bomb nobody.

As has been explained to you many times, Wales doesn't own much of the infrastructure, private businesses do. Energy is a highly debatable thing. We get plenty of rain but so does England.
Now food, saying Wales will be fine for food is short sighted. We can't grow enough for our population unless you're going to be happy with eating little besides potato and carrot! You can have a lot of Welsh Lamb with it though.

Other Euro nations you say, bomb nobody well if their in NATO or the UN they are as involved as us in military interventions.

You also post again about us joining the EU and I have asked you the question many times, I don't remember an adequate answer. How long do you think it'll take for Wales to gain membership? We'd have to meet the Copenhagen criteria first and some countries are still trying to meet those a decade later. Then we have to hope no current EU member would veto us in case it encourages seperatists in their own countries. It's not a given by any means. Of course, after Covid is gone (hopefully) we'd have to be strong financially anyway. Given the state of some EU members right now which is very bad and getting worse, they won't want any more passengers.

You always make it sound so simple when it's anything but. Not to forget, if we voted to leave the UK I fully expect Westminster to be quite mean about it and screw us for everything they can. We'll find out when/if Scotland leaves I reckon.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:57 - Jul 26 with 1042 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:36 - Jul 26 by Catullus

As has been explained to you many times, Wales doesn't own much of the infrastructure, private businesses do. Energy is a highly debatable thing. We get plenty of rain but so does England.
Now food, saying Wales will be fine for food is short sighted. We can't grow enough for our population unless you're going to be happy with eating little besides potato and carrot! You can have a lot of Welsh Lamb with it though.

Other Euro nations you say, bomb nobody well if their in NATO or the UN they are as involved as us in military interventions.

You also post again about us joining the EU and I have asked you the question many times, I don't remember an adequate answer. How long do you think it'll take for Wales to gain membership? We'd have to meet the Copenhagen criteria first and some countries are still trying to meet those a decade later. Then we have to hope no current EU member would veto us in case it encourages seperatists in their own countries. It's not a given by any means. Of course, after Covid is gone (hopefully) we'd have to be strong financially anyway. Given the state of some EU members right now which is very bad and getting worse, they won't want any more passengers.

You always make it sound so simple when it's anything but. Not to forget, if we voted to leave the UK I fully expect Westminster to be quite mean about it and screw us for everything they can. We'll find out when/if Scotland leaves I reckon.

Wales does not support Brexit.

General Election 2017 - 31,376 votes, 2.0% for UKIP.

General Election 2019 - 83,908 votes 5.4% for Brexit Party.

Since 2016 nobody in Wales wants Brexit.
Probably cos Brexit is a stupid idea.

Welsh people never vote Tory.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:45 - Jul 26 with 1029 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:57 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

Wales does not support Brexit.

General Election 2017 - 31,376 votes, 2.0% for UKIP.

General Election 2019 - 83,908 votes 5.4% for Brexit Party.

Since 2016 nobody in Wales wants Brexit.
Probably cos Brexit is a stupid idea.

Welsh people never vote Tory.

I think you’ll find that in the Brexit vote, Wales voted for Brexit 52.5% to 47.5%

You’ll come back with that’s not all of Wales though.

Well, if people didn’t vote, tough titty

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:53 - Jul 26 with 1021 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:45 - Jul 26 by Andy1300

I think you’ll find that in the Brexit vote, Wales voted for Brexit 52.5% to 47.5%

You’ll come back with that’s not all of Wales though.

Well, if people didn’t vote, tough titty

Democracy did not end in 2016.

The 2 later votes show wales does not support the Tory brexit.

The will of the people mun, you knows it ...,

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:20 - Jul 26 with 1008 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:53 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

There has only been brexit vote Wales voted to leave. Yet another lie from you. Getting to be a habit now.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:25 - Jul 26 with 1008 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:20 - Jul 26 by felixstowe_jack

There has only been brexit vote Wales voted to leave. Yet another lie from you. Getting to be a habit now.

The figures i posted are facts.

Nobody in Wales voted for UKIP or Brexit Party in the 2017 and 2019 elections. Fact.

2016 is a long time ago now, things have changed.

UKIP and Brexit parties put up candidates.
Nobody voted for them.

Thats democracy.
Wales has spoken and rejected the ideology of UKIP and Herr Farage.

You might not like it but they are facts. Suck it up snowflake.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 26 with 1001 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:25 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody in Wales voted for UKIP or Brexit Party in the 2017 and 2019 elections. Fact.

Nobody voted for them.

Thats democracy.

What were the results in the European election Kilks?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 26 with 998 viewsraynor94

Nobody voted for them.

Thats democracy.

Ah, it's great when you are rattled, early to bed now you have work in the morning don't you?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:55 - Jul 26 with 993 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 26 by Highjack

What were the results in the European election Kilks?

Does nobody have the answer to this?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:49 - Jul 26 with 973 viewsmajorraglan

Nobody voted for them.

Thats democracy.

My personal view on Brexit is that we have been sold a pup, people have been taken in and a lot of the promises which were made have transpired to be nothing but lies and we continue to be fed more bull ...t, however it is what it is.

Brexit Party and UKIP may now be busted flushes and they may not have attracted many votes last time out, Wales might have ejected their ideology, but they didn’t reflect Brexit and neither did the U.K. The Conservative Party fronted by Boris Johnson standing on a “Let’s get Brexit Done” mandate cleaned up and secured a thumping majority.

Some of the points you make are well argued and well reasoned, some are not. The same applies to some of the posters who hold opposite pro Brexit views, some of their points are well made and others are rubbish.

People need to take a pragmatic sensible approach to things, our kids futures depend on it.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:37 - Jul 27 with 925 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:53 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

If democracy didn't end in 2016 then lets have another vote on devolution?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Tories make large gains in Wales in 2019? Which is kind of relevant to us voting to leave the EU.

So the will of the people as the votes and polls show us is, we voted leave, more people in Wales support reversing devo than going indy and that the Tories only need a 2.5% swing to overtake Labour in Wales; the Tories having 14 seats in Wales at a 36.1% vote share to Labours 40.9% for 22 seats. That's if you ignore that a large chunk of Labour voters also voted leave at the referendum.

The will of the people see, except you don't see. You demand another brexit vote because people have changed their minds but you wouldn;t countenance a vote on devolution. You're as bad as Blair, you only do democracy when people are voting the way you want them to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024