Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wearing of Facemasks 11:41 - Aug 12 with 8674 viewsexhmrc1

Our Chief Medical Adviser in Wales believes the use of face masks offers very little benefit and can actually lead to more cases as people take more risks when wearing them.

Back in April we had 391 new cases in a day. Yesterday we had 13 new cases and the day before 12. Yesterday there were 6 cases in Swansea and 4 in Wrexham out of the 13. 5 of the 6 in Swansea were discovered by a mobile testing unit suggesting it was targeted possibly in a factory or farm setting. We do not have compulsory face mask wearing in shops.

In England and places like France the numbers have hugely increased despite people wearing face masks. UK has had over 1000 new cases yesterday and Sunday. Both were the highest figure since June.

Has Frank Atherton been proven right. Figures have been dropping in Wales without masks while increasing elsewhere wher masks are being used,
Wearing of Facemasks on 11:57 - Aug 15 with 1019 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 11:35 - Aug 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry to disagree with you yet again.
The authority that is the head of the South Korean Pandemic team, with experience of successfully leading his country through 3 pandemics says that against COVID-19 masks, gloves & glasses are essential.
That is not me bumping my gums, that is one of the world leading authorities on infectious deseases and MERS, SARS and COVID-19 pandemics in particular.
You may know what you are talking about regarding mask usage & fitting, but I will still believe him over you every day of the week.

So how many of us had to wear gloves and masks for the other 2 pandemics that you mentioned?

How many of us have to wear masks and gloves during flu season? Flu deaths are in the tens of thousands, we have a vaccine, people still die, we do not shut down the country!

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:37 - Aug 15 with 999 viewsNeath_Jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 11:35 - Aug 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry to disagree with you yet again.
The authority that is the head of the South Korean Pandemic team, with experience of successfully leading his country through 3 pandemics says that against COVID-19 masks, gloves & glasses are essential.
That is not me bumping my gums, that is one of the world leading authorities on infectious deseases and MERS, SARS and COVID-19 pandemics in particular.
You may know what you are talking about regarding mask usage & fitting, but I will still believe him over you every day of the week.

What an earth are you talking about?

Have a read of what i posted, then have a read of what you wrote.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wearing of Facemasks on 13:06 - Aug 15 with 991 viewscontroversial_jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 11:57 - Aug 15 by Andy1300

So how many of us had to wear gloves and masks for the other 2 pandemics that you mentioned?

How many of us have to wear masks and gloves during flu season? Flu deaths are in the tens of thousands, we have a vaccine, people still die, we do not shut down the country!

This is nothing like the flu. It is killing far more and leaving many with debilitating effects
Wearing of Facemasks on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 972 viewsCatullus

Wearing of Facemasks on 13:06 - Aug 15 by controversial_jack

This is nothing like the flu. It is killing far more and leaving many with debilitating effects

True, some people are taking months to get over Covid and they think some of the effects could last longer still,

https://theconversation.com/heres-what-we-know-so-far-about-the-long-term-sympto

Ww can't hide away forever but still we need to be cautious.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:53 - Aug 15 with 963 viewscontroversial_jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 13:53 - Aug 15 by Catullus

True, some people are taking months to get over Covid and they think some of the effects could last longer still,

https://theconversation.com/heres-what-we-know-so-far-about-the-long-term-sympto

The next few weeks will tell.It's been a week since opening pubs etc, so we should start to see the rise in case as they have been seeing in Europe.Hope i'm wrong of course.
Wearing of Facemasks on 15:11 - Aug 15 with 951 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 13:53 - Aug 15 by Catullus

Yet tens of thousands die Of flu EVERY year, do we lock down everything. No!

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:40 - Aug 15 with 934 viewsmajorraglan

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:11 - Aug 15 by Andy1300

Yet tens of thousands die Of flu EVERY year, do we lock down everything. No!

Sadly, people do die of the flu every year, it’s normally around 20,000. This year, between March and July which is the main Covid19 period we have had something like 65,000 excess deaths and that’s with significant restrictions on our liberty. This is much more virulent and dangerous than flu.
Wearing of Facemasks on 15:43 - Aug 15 with 934 viewsexhmrc1

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:53 - Aug 15 by controversial_jack

The next few weeks will tell.It's been a week since opening pubs etc, so we should start to see the rise in case as they have been seeing in Europe.Hope i'm wrong of course.

I think that is the key issue. Will cases increase massively because of pubs opening and do you keep them open or close them. Probably a week too early to tell. A week today would have been when places were full. Some of todays tests were actually taken on Monday and are only now showing so a further week or more is needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:50 - Aug 15 with 926 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:40 - Aug 15 by majorraglan

Sadly, people do die of the flu every year, it’s normally around 20,000. This year, between March and July which is the main Covid19 period we have had something like 65,000 excess deaths and that’s with significant restrictions on our liberty. This is much more virulent and dangerous than flu.

Just wait until the true figures for covid deaths are revealed, they will reduce dramatically

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 16:13 - Aug 15 with 915 viewsmajorraglan

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:50 - Aug 15 by Andy1300

Just wait until the true figures for covid deaths are revealed, they will reduce dramatically

That will depend on what “true figures” means or how “Covid19 death” it is specifically defined.

A lot of experts/commentators will say the only way to truly understand the impact and to be able to make accurate comparisons is via the excess deaths figure, which in England and Wales was about 65,000 for March through to the end of July.
Wearing of Facemasks on 16:44 - Aug 15 with 902 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wearing of Facemasks on 11:57 - Aug 15 by Andy1300

We didn't have those other two pandemics.
Hence we were unprepared in the actual dealing with one.
Wearing of Facemasks on 16:47 - Aug 15 with 899 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:37 - Aug 15 by Neath_Jack

What an earth are you talking about?

Have a read of what i posted, then have a read of what you wrote.

You wrote "The number of people that still bumping their gums about face coverings don't work in protecting the wearer against the virus. Nobody in authority has ever said they do"
"Nobody in authority has ever said they do"
The leading authority in world says they do.
Or did you mean something else?
Wearing of Facemasks on 17:01 - Aug 15 with 893 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 16:13 - Aug 15 by majorraglan

That will depend on what “true figures” means or how “Covid19 death” it is specifically defined.

A lot of experts/commentators will say the only way to truly understand the impact and to be able to make accurate comparisons is via the excess deaths figure, which in England and Wales was about 65,000 for March through to the end of July.

But these fluctuate, they are reporting now that death rate is below average

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:08 - Aug 15 with 866 viewsWhiterockin

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:53 - Aug 15 by controversial_jack

I'm really not sure what to believe.

We will have a spike after VE day celebrations, didn't happen.
We will have a spike after BLM protests,didn't happen.
We will have a spike after overcrowding on beaches, didn't happen.

Is the increase in cases in this country and Europe down to increased testing as hospital admissions have not gone up?

Has the 14 day quarantine been imposed to keep British at home and spend their money here to boost the economy?

As I say I really don't know what to believe.
Wearing of Facemasks on 18:18 - Aug 15 with 859 viewscontroversial_jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:08 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Is the increase in cases in this country and Europe down to increased testing as hospital admissions have not gone up?

Has the 14 day quarantine been imposed to keep British at home and spend their money here to boost the economy?

Good points, but the difference is, those events were outside in the open air.Pubs, gyms , schools, all potential petri dishes.
Wearing of Facemasks on 18:30 - Aug 15 with 852 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:08 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Of course the increases are down to increased testing.

You rest more, you will find more.

Hospital admissions are at a very low level

Lockdown is now unnecessary

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:34 - Aug 15 with 842 viewsWhiterockin

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:18 - Aug 15 by controversial_jack

Good points, but the difference is, those events were outside in the open air.Pubs, gyms , schools, all potential petri dishes.

Pubs in England have been open for 6 weeks, if a spike was coming from that surely it would be here by now.
Wearing of Facemasks on 18:34 - Aug 15 with 840 viewsonehunglow

We face a clear choice.

Live in fear for the foreseable future and lockdown indefinately or

we learn to live with this virus.

It HAS changed our world and we have to adapt.

I'm not scientist and I just hope that advice given helps us survive.

To live in fear is not living BUT this virus is a killer.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:38 - Aug 15 with 837 viewsWhiterockin

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:34 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

We face a clear choice.

Live in fear for the foreseable future and lockdown indefinately or

we learn to live with this virus.

It HAS changed our world and we have to adapt.

I'm not scientist and I just hope that advice given helps us survive.

To live in fear is not living BUT this virus is a killer.

I thought you had gone.

So you were just being a drama queen.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 18:40]
Wearing of Facemasks on 18:41 - Aug 15 with 826 viewsonehunglow

You thought right but having reflected at what is on other site about posters on here ,Ive decided to throw my hand in on this one and help make it vibrant. Some truly awful stuff posted on other ssite about people who use this one yet they still look at what is posted here. Weird or what

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:53 - Aug 15 with 811 viewscontroversial_jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:34 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Pubs in England have been open for 6 weeks, if a spike was coming from that surely it would be here by now.

There has been a spike
Wearing of Facemasks on 18:56 - Aug 15 with 810 viewsonehunglow

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:38 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

I thought you had gone.

So you were just being a drama queen.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 18:40]

White rocking.
So,facemasks then!.
Any comments?

Wearing of Facemasks on 19:04 - Aug 15 with 802 viewsWhiterockin

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:56 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

White rocking.
So,facemasks then!.
Any comments?

I travel extensively in England and Wales for work and use public transport. I always wear a face mask where required.

Some are of a decent quality and if worn properly will be a benefit. Some single layer are just paying lip service to the rules. Many in both countries still don't bother and should be prosecuted.
Wearing of Facemasks on 19:06 - Aug 15 with 798 viewsonehunglow

Thanks for that.
Absolutely agree with you 100%.

Stay safe

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 772 viewsmajorraglan

Wearing of Facemasks on 17:01 - Aug 15 by Andy1300

But these fluctuate, they are reporting now that death rate is below average

The death rate is now slightly below average, but we are talking very small numbers. It works out at a reduction of about 2,000 less deaths ( any decrease is obviously most welcome) over a 7 or 8 week period, but it’s nowhere the increase of 65k we saw earlier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024