Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wearing of Facemasks 11:41 - Aug 12 with 8677 viewsexhmrc1

Our Chief Medical Adviser in Wales believes the use of face masks offers very little benefit and can actually lead to more cases as people take more risks when wearing them.

Back in April we had 391 new cases in a day. Yesterday we had 13 new cases and the day before 12. Yesterday there were 6 cases in Swansea and 4 in Wrexham out of the 13. 5 of the 6 in Swansea were discovered by a mobile testing unit suggesting it was targeted possibly in a factory or farm setting. We do not have compulsory face mask wearing in shops.

In England and places like France the numbers have hugely increased despite people wearing face masks. UK has had over 1000 new cases yesterday and Sunday. Both were the highest figure since June.

Has Frank Atherton been proven right. Figures have been dropping in Wales without masks while increasing elsewhere wher masks are being used,
Wearing of Facemasks on 22:08 - Aug 16 with 1488 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:42 - Aug 16 by Andy1300

No thanks, I’d rather not!

Stay at home if you are that scared

True colours showing now.
Wearing of Facemasks on 23:32 - Aug 16 with 1462 viewsCatullus

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:42 - Aug 16 by Andy1300

No thanks, I’d rather not!

Stay at home if you are that scared

Speaking as someone in a high risk group, I will just wear the mask and be socially distant. I will use hand sanitiser and wash my hands more.

You don't need to stay home (unless you have symptoms) you just need to be clever enough to understand the risks, you yourself and other people.

In my wife's place of work there is a woman who lives with her parents and her sister. Her sister is a nurse. The nurse was asymptomatic but the other 3 in the house had the virus, confirmed. The nurse is the only one to not show symptoms or feel the full effects of the virus but she tested positive. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean you haven't got it or aren't infectious.
It's not about being scared, it's about being responsible.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:15 - Aug 17 with 1395 viewsCatullus

This is why we should all be wearing masks in enclosed places,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8636147/Why-masks-work-Coughing-sneezin

Sorry, you'll have to ignore that it's from the DM!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:33 - Aug 27 with 1294 viewskarnataka

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:15 - Aug 17 by Catullus

This is why we should all be wearing masks in enclosed places,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8636147/Why-masks-work-Coughing-sneezin

Sorry, you'll have to ignore that it's from the DM!

Thanks for that link. For those who can't be arsed to follow the link, this is the important bit which should tell you everything you need to know if you let it sink in:-

"Why masks work: People are exposed to 10,000 TIMES more cough droplets from a mask-less patient 2 metres away than from someone wearing a mask standing just 1/2 a metre away"
Wearing of Facemasks on 14:42 - Aug 27 with 1266 viewsHighjack

There was a bloke outside the local shop for local people earlier sucking on one of those vaping vape things and the cloud he was exhaling was massive. Think it was blueberry flavour. Not sure. Anyway how are these things allowed in the current pandemic? Literally exhaling a big cloud of vapour from your lungs, if he was riddled then everybody else breathing it in would become riddled too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wearing of Facemasks on 18:50 - Aug 27 with 1249 viewscontroversial_jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:42 - Aug 27 by Highjack

There was a bloke outside the local shop for local people earlier sucking on one of those vaping vape things and the cloud he was exhaling was massive. Think it was blueberry flavour. Not sure. Anyway how are these things allowed in the current pandemic? Literally exhaling a big cloud of vapour from your lungs, if he was riddled then everybody else breathing it in would become riddled too.

Good point.
Wearing of Facemasks on 21:39 - Dec 20 with 1083 viewsAndy1300

Why should we wear face masks?

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 21:40 - Dec 20 with 1082 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Wearing of Facemasks on 23:37 - Dec 20 with 1042 viewsJack123

Wearing of Facemasks on 21:40 - Dec 20 by Andy1300

Good post, I have read that during previous pandemics wearing masks was a contributory factor for a lot of excess deaths.

libera nos a malo

Wearing of Facemasks on 01:00 - Dec 21 with 1024 viewsbuilthjack

There are some thick people on here. Really thick.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wearing of Facemasks on 04:52 - Dec 21 with 992 viewsWhiterockin

Wearing of Facemasks on 23:37 - Dec 20 by Jack123

Good post, I have read that during previous pandemics wearing masks was a contributory factor for a lot of excess deaths.

So you are saying in previous pandemics people who rigorously wore face masks died and those who did't lived.
Wearing of Facemasks on 08:43 - Dec 21 with 957 viewsCatullus

Maybe we should be asking how many more of us would have caught the virus if we weren't wearing masks?
Or how many would get a bigger viral dose and be more seriously ill?

Of course we can never know the answer to that, unless everyone takes their masks off and carries on as normal, then we'll know.

I like a bit of a punt, not a big gambler by any means and throwing my mask away and just getting on with it is a punt too far for me.

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:46 - Dec 21 with 937 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 01:00 - Dec 21 by builthjack

There are some thick people on here. Really thick.

And a hell of a lot of bed wetters too

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 11:05 - Dec 21 with 929 viewsScotia

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:46 - Dec 21 by Andy1300

It's amazing that they aren't very often the same people too!
Wearing of Facemasks on 19:27 - Dec 21 with 899 viewsCatullus

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:46 - Dec 21 by Andy1300

Have you considered that you panicking about our civil liberties neing taken away qualifies you as a bed wetter?

I mean, none of our civil liberties have been permanently removed but you'd think we were under martial law and had armed troops patrolling the streets shooting people the way some people are talking.

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:39 - Dec 21 with 887 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 19:27 - Dec 21 by Catullus

Have you considered that you panicking about our civil liberties neing taken away qualifies you as a bed wetter?

I mean, none of our civil liberties have been permanently removed but you'd think we were under martial law and had armed troops patrolling the streets shooting people the way some people are talking.

I haven’t stopped doing what I usually do, I am not panicking about our civil liberties.

You’d think people are dropping dead in the streets, like those bulls*#t videos from China, you know the ones, they were all over the MSM in March.

As was said by witty in March, most people won’t catch it, of those that do, most won’t be ill, of those that are, most won’t be hospitalised.

Stopping people going into small shops makes no sense, it just pushes everyone to supermarkets which in turn makes the small shops suffer even more financial hardship.

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 21:12 - Dec 21 with 878 viewsexhmrc1

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:39 - Dec 21 by Andy1300

I haven’t stopped doing what I usually do, I am not panicking about our civil liberties.

You’d think people are dropping dead in the streets, like those bulls*#t videos from China, you know the ones, they were all over the MSM in March.

As was said by witty in March, most people won’t catch it, of those that do, most won’t be ill, of those that are, most won’t be hospitalised.

Stopping people going into small shops makes no sense, it just pushes everyone to supermarkets which in turn makes the small shops suffer even more financial hardship.

The reality is there has already been over 250 deaths in Swansea Bay Health Board alone since the beginning of October. That is more than the amount from March to end of September. As of 13 December there were 302 inpatients with covid in local hospitals. 11 wards full of very ill people and those are wards that cannot be used for other illnesses. That is 23% of all beds in hospitals like Morriston, Singleton and Neath Port Talbot. These are people who are ill enough to go to hospital with it let alone all the others who have been very ill at home. It might not seem many to you but to the people who have it there are serious breathing problems.

As people on here will have seen an ex workmate died of it after over a month in a coma including having a tracchi to try and help bring him around. He was 47. I have been told recently of another guy who died even younger. It might not matter to your very selfish attitude but there are sadly people who are dying and are very ill. I have just had a facebook message from another ex colleague whose wife has been very ill with it but thankfully is now recovering.

These are real life accounts not some figment of your imagination. Some dont get it as badly as others but that is true of all illnesses.

You might not like what the authorities are doing and hopefully you wont suffer it. All I can say to you my mate who died had similar views to yours but sadly it took him away.
Wearing of Facemasks on 14:51 - Dec 22 with 817 viewsCatullus

In the last 2 weeks in Swansea Bay health noard 53 people have died of Covid, of course that's assuming they all were actually covid deaths.

That's the problem many have too, I want to believe the official figures but I have a first hand account of a covid death that wasn't covid.

It doesn't help really, we need the whole truth.

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:14 - Dec 22 with 805 viewsexhmrc1

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:51 - Dec 22 by Catullus

In the last 2 weeks in Swansea Bay health noard 53 people have died of Covid, of course that's assuming they all were actually covid deaths.

That's the problem many have too, I want to believe the official figures but I have a first hand account of a covid death that wasn't covid.

It doesn't help really, we need the whole truth.

There are covid deaths not recorded as well. Anybody who had it more than 28 days doesnt as I understand and many will be in that category.
Wearing of Facemasks on 09:26 - Dec 23 with 752 viewsbuilthjack

Wearing of Facemasks on 14:42 - Aug 27 by Highjack

Should be banned. Full stop.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wearing of Facemasks on 09:39 - Dec 23 with 739 viewsFieryJack

Wearing of Facemasks on 09:26 - Dec 23 by builthjack

Should be banned. Full stop.

I vape.

In fact I'm vaping right now.

But I don't blow it in people's faces.

People are breathing out and exhaling voluminously all the time - it's just you can't see it.

At least people can see the exhalations of vapers.

Which means there's a case to be made for enforcing vaping in all public spaces. That way everyone will be able to see everyone else's breath and take avoiding action.

Just an idea 😂
Wearing of Facemasks on 11:07 - Dec 23 with 715 viewsCatullus

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:39 - Dec 21 by Andy1300

What Whitty sai in March doesn't apply anymore. The virus has mutated, is more easily transmissible and has spread quickly through schools and workplaces.
The NHS Morriston is saying now that there are many more younger people, a lot of 40/50/60 somethings in hospital and they have a 19 year old who has been in poor condition for weeks.

It's not bedwetting to be cautious but is is stupid to not be cautious. You know that I have agreed about how the governments (all of them) have handled this and I disagreed with closing down all shops when the virus was spreading more at home in schools and workplaces.
That doesn't mean you can just carry on as normal, that is highly irresponsible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024