Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wearing of Facemasks 11:41 - Aug 12 with 8672 viewsexhmrc1

Our Chief Medical Adviser in Wales believes the use of face masks offers very little benefit and can actually lead to more cases as people take more risks when wearing them.

Back in April we had 391 new cases in a day. Yesterday we had 13 new cases and the day before 12. Yesterday there were 6 cases in Swansea and 4 in Wrexham out of the 13. 5 of the 6 in Swansea were discovered by a mobile testing unit suggesting it was targeted possibly in a factory or farm setting. We do not have compulsory face mask wearing in shops.

In England and places like France the numbers have hugely increased despite people wearing face masks. UK has had over 1000 new cases yesterday and Sunday. Both were the highest figure since June.

Has Frank Atherton been proven right. Figures have been dropping in Wales without masks while increasing elsewhere wher masks are being used,
Wearing of Facemasks on 21:26 - Aug 15 with 1036 viewsScotia

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:49 - Aug 15 by majorraglan

The death rate is now slightly below average, but we are talking very small numbers. It works out at a reduction of about 2,000 less deaths ( any decrease is obviously most welcome) over a 7 or 8 week period, but it’s nowhere the increase of 65k we saw earlier.

I do know the circumstances of two people who have died from Covid. One had significant health issues but they were managed and he would have lived for many years, the other had no underlying health conditions and was only in her early 60's.

I also know of someone who is 44 with no health conditions who spent 9 days on a ventilator.

This isn't the flu.
Wearing of Facemasks on 21:37 - Aug 15 with 1030 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wearing of Facemasks on 15:11 - Aug 15 by Andy1300

Yet tens of thousands die Of flu EVERY year, do we lock down everything. No!

It is interesting that you ask that question.
In the past the whole world has become quite blasé about the 4 variants of the Flu, mostly due to vaccines helping to keep the mortality rates down when they work.
But there is some very interesting statistics coming out of Australia, which as you probably know had a very hard lockdown and few COVID-19 deaths.
The interesting part is that it appears the lockdown has reduced all notifiable disease cases by 200,000, reducing the flu cases by 85%.

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/08/australians-wiped-out-the-flu-and-avoided-50000
Wearing of Facemasks on 21:46 - Aug 15 with 1025 viewsonehunglow

I have now lostt 3 friends due to corona.All healthy,all fit,all taken too early.

I have a niece who's a GP and a IC nurse within the family.

THIS AINT THE FLU AS YOU KNOW IT.THINK LIKE THAT AND IT COULD KILL YOU OR /AND YOUR FAMILY.

Its deadly serious and aint going away and our response, it seems ,is to pretend to think otherwise.

Wise the feck up

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wearing of Facemasks on 22:35 - Aug 15 with 1016 viewsexhmrc1

Wearing of Facemasks on 21:46 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

I have now lostt 3 friends due to corona.All healthy,all fit,all taken too early.

THIS AINT THE FLU AS YOU KNOW IT.THINK LIKE THAT AND IT COULD KILL YOU OR /AND YOUR FAMILY.

Its deadly serious and aint going away and our response, it seems ,is to pretend to think otherwise.

Wise the feck up

As you say this virus is deadly and stopping deaths should be the number 1 priority of any society yet some seem to think opening things up which was likely to create more deaths is the answer. As I have said many times comparing the Welsh and English deaths per population shows that England has 10,000 more deaths and that is after the fiddled adjustment. Very sad and dont treat this as anti English.
Wearing of Facemasks on 22:35 - Aug 15 with 1016 viewsbuilthjack

Wise the feck up

Well said

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wearing of Facemasks on 22:51 - Aug 15 with 1008 viewsScotia

Wearing of Facemasks on 22:35 - Aug 15 by exhmrc1

As you say this virus is deadly and stopping deaths should be the number 1 priority of any society yet some seem to think opening things up which was likely to create more deaths is the answer. As I have said many times comparing the Welsh and English deaths per population shows that England has 10,000 more deaths and that is after the fiddled adjustment. Very sad and dont treat this as anti English.

How was it a fiddled adjustment?
Wearing of Facemasks on 22:55 - Aug 15 with 1005 viewsexhmrc1

Wearing of Facemasks on 22:51 - Aug 15 by Scotia

How was it a fiddled adjustment?

Removing 5000 deaths.
Wearing of Facemasks on 22:56 - Aug 15 with 1003 viewsScotia

Wearing of Facemasks on 22:55 - Aug 15 by exhmrc1

Removing 5000 deaths.

Do you know how they did that? And it is likely to be more than 5000.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 23:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Wearing of Facemasks on 23:38 - Aug 15 with 987 viewsmajorraglan

Wise the feck up

Good post.

You are right, this isn’t the Flu. I just can’t get my head around the fact some are trying to play it down and pass it off as the Flu, surely 65,000 excess deaths in March, April, May and June should put some perspective on things as should the horrendous images we saw in Italy. There’s modelling and reports doing the rounds in the press that had we not locked down, it would have been between 250,000 and 500,000.

I know people working in the Health Service and as you say, Covid19 is real, hence the precautionary measures GP’s surgeries, A and E’s are taking. Two of the 4 Nightingale hospitals in our area are bring closed while 2 others will take Covid patients and be on standby by.
Wearing of Facemasks on 09:48 - Aug 16 with 945 viewsAndy1300

One question.... if this is so deadly at the moment and we are told to wear masks, why are we not told how to safely dispose of these masks which may well have this ‘deadly’ virus in them?

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:20 - Aug 16 with 941 viewsAndy1300

Tell me again why we should wear masks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8617795/More-Britons-killed-flu-pneumon

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:41 - Aug 16 with 932 viewsonehunglow

Because Andy,nobody has proven 100% that by NOT wearing one ,you're chances of getting this virus lessen and until some evidence is adduced to say it does,I 'll wear a mask.

The graveyard is full of people who thought better or ignored warning signs.

Wear one.

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:43 - Aug 16 with 929 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 09:48 - Aug 16 by Andy1300

One question.... if this is so deadly at the moment and we are told to wear masks, why are we not told how to safely dispose of these masks which may well have this ‘deadly’ virus in them?

If you haven’t got the virus and wear a face mask surely you could throw them in the bin??
If you are feeling unwell - stay the feck in the house.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:45 - Aug 16 with 926 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:20 - Aug 16 by Andy1300

Tell me again why we should wear masks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8617795/More-Britons-killed-flu-pneumon

Perhaps if they had been wearing one they wouldn't have got the flu.
But ask yourself this, why did they die of the flu or pneumonia, both are treatable.
Wearing of Facemasks on 10:53 - Aug 16 with 920 viewscontroversial_jack

Wearing of Facemasks on 21:26 - Aug 15 by Scotia

I do know the circumstances of two people who have died from Covid. One had significant health issues but they were managed and he would have lived for many years, the other had no underlying health conditions and was only in her early 60's.

I also know of someone who is 44 with no health conditions who spent 9 days on a ventilator.

This isn't the flu.

I know of 3 with no underlying causes and one who was on a ventilator. As you so correctly put, this is not the flu
Wearing of Facemasks on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 918 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not the black death, just use common sense
Wearing of Facemasks on 10:58 - Aug 16 with 915 viewsHighjack

Viruses die pretty quickly on fabric. It’s not like bacteria that can thrive outside of a host. Disposal isn’t really an issue in that sense. But the amount of masks and gloves you see lying around is f*cking disgusting. Some people are animals.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:42 - Aug 16 with 895 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:41 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

Because Andy,nobody has proven 100% that by NOT wearing one ,you're chances of getting this virus lessen and until some evidence is adduced to say it does,I 'll wear a mask.

The graveyard is full of people who thought better or ignored warning signs.

Wear one.

No thanks, I’d rather not!

Stay at home if you are that scared

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:43 - Aug 16 with 890 viewsAndy1300

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:55 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

Correct, it’s not the Black Death and far fewer people are dying, yet we still have to follow the bullshit!

Number 1 team in Wales

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:44 - Aug 16 with 889 viewschad

Wearing of Facemasks on 10:55 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

So I can stop going to Marks oops sorry I er mean Lidel, with string round the bottom of my trousers?

https://stooryduster.co.uk/scottish-word/nicky-tams/
Wearing of Facemasks on 13:03 - Aug 16 with 863 viewsHighjack

Wearing of Facemasks on 12:43 - Aug 16 by Andy1300

Correct, it’s not the Black Death and far fewer people are dying, yet we still have to follow the bullshit!

If you could go back in time and tell the people of fourteenth century Europe that they could avoid the Black Death by being more hygienic, stop throwing their piss and shit right outside their own front door and other methods that would keep rat infestations away and they refused to follow the bullshit you’d think them fairly stupid.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wearing of Facemasks on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 853 viewsmajorraglan

Tell that the the Healthcare professionals who have faced Covid19 full on with inadequate PPE.
Wearing of Facemasks on 13:46 - Aug 16 with 848 viewsonehunglow

Thank you for that Andy.

Any chance you can do my shopping then

Wearing of Facemasks on 19:19 - Aug 16 with 826 viewsCatullus

Wearing of Facemasks on 21:26 - Aug 15 by Scotia

This isn't the flu.

One of my wife's NHS colleagues died of Covid and she was mid 40's with no underlying conditions, she was overweight. It was probably the viral load that got her and that doesn't happen with flu.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wearing of Facemasks on 20:51 - Aug 16 with 806 viewscontroversial_jack

I used the analogy of the black death as an extreme example because it was awful at the time. This is nowhere near as bad, but it's still many times worse than the flu.It's highly unlikely anyone will pick it up from a used mask, but masks act as a barrier and will protect against the majority of airborne droplets and will reduce the actual amount that would be inhaled
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024