Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Kerouac 22:38 - Sep 2 with 4290 viewsBLAZE

Why did you stop posting on the other site butt!?
FAO Kerouac on 01:24 - Sep 3 with 2232 viewsKerouac

Didn't like the way certain posters (who now post on the other site) treated some posters on here just before the move,
However, I didn't realise that it was possible for this site to keep going (assumed it would close down) so made the move anyway.

When I started on the other site I read posts disparaging myself and others, it was clear that I was not welcome. I had a go at making some posts anyway but continued to come back here to read live threads I had an interest in and to read posters that I have always enjoyed.
After a few days it became clear that this site wouldn't be closing (probably obvious to everyone else but I am a relative newcomer to this forum lark).
I started to post on here again keeping one eye on the other site and the contrast between the two was radical...back then the new site was getting more posts but was full of the usual nastiness and banning and arrogance...whereas this site was much improved, though quieter.
I decided to stay here and do my bit to stimulate conversation.

This site is now great, anybody could post a thread about virtually any subject they wish to be discussed and...for the most part...everybody joins in and contributes.
There is a range of opinions.
I've had a look at the other site a couple of times and am satisfied I made the right choice.

All the best Blaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

FAO Kerouac on 04:34 - Sep 3 with 2204 viewsDr_Parnassus

FAO Kerouac on 01:24 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

Didn't like the way certain posters (who now post on the other site) treated some posters on here just before the move,
However, I didn't realise that it was possible for this site to keep going (assumed it would close down) so made the move anyway.

When I started on the other site I read posts disparaging myself and others, it was clear that I was not welcome. I had a go at making some posts anyway but continued to come back here to read live threads I had an interest in and to read posters that I have always enjoyed.
After a few days it became clear that this site wouldn't be closing (probably obvious to everyone else but I am a relative newcomer to this forum lark).
I started to post on here again keeping one eye on the other site and the contrast between the two was radical...back then the new site was getting more posts but was full of the usual nastiness and banning and arrogance...whereas this site was much improved, though quieter.

This site is now great, anybody could post a thread about virtually any subject they wish to be discussed and...for the most part...everybody joins in and contributes.
I've had a look at the other site a couple of times and am satisfied I made the right choice.

All the best Blaze.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

FAO Kerouac on 05:47 - Sep 3 with 2189 viewsFieryJack

FAO Kerouac on 04:34 - Sep 3 by Dr_Parnassus

"There is a range of opinions"

A very narrow range of right wing opinion, and anyone who dares deviate from it is mocked and derided by a crew of cowardly, smug, arrogant posters.
FAO Kerouac on 07:38 - Sep 3 with 2161 viewsTreforys_Jack

FAO Kerouac on 05:47 - Sep 3 by FieryJack

A very narrow range of right wing opinion, and anyone who dares deviate from it is mocked and derided by a crew of cowardly, smug, arrogant posters.

Not looking for a scrap, but the last sentence sounds like you're describing Phil's site. I'm anything but right wing and I do resent the fact that its been mentioned a few times on the other site, that all thats left on here are racists and nutjobs.

Your posts have always been pretty fair in general. I have my reasons for not moving to the other site and its to do with a few individuals who I'd rather not interact with anymore.
FAO Kerouac on 08:50 - Sep 3 with 2122 viewsDr_Parnassus

Then feel free to put your view point forward.

I’ve not seen anyone be attacked on here without being outwardly offensive from the outset.

A bit like when you post.

FAO Kerouac on 09:06 - Sep 3 with 2114 viewsBest_loser

FAO Kerouac on 08:50 - Sep 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Then feel free to put your view point forward.

I’ve not seen anyone be attacked on here without being outwardly offensive from the outset.

A bit like when you post.

There are a few abusive trolls on here

Let's see if the moderator keeps to his word shall we
FAO Kerouac on 09:57 - Sep 3 with 2072 viewsDr_Parnassus

FAO Kerouac on 09:06 - Sep 3 by Best_loser

Like who? Any examples.

FAO Kerouac on 10:04 - Sep 3 with 2064 viewsBest_loser

FAO Kerouac on 09:57 - Sep 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Like who? Any examples.

I'm not naming them, it's for the moderator to sort out

I think the prof, fiery and humpty know who I'm talking about
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Kerouac on 10:35 - Sep 3 with 2041 viewsDr_Parnassus

FAO Kerouac on 10:04 - Sep 3 by Best_loser

I'm not naming them, it's for the moderator to sort out

I think the prof, fiery and humpty know who I'm talking about

Why wouldn’t you name them?

Got the thread at least so we can see what you are talking about?

The prof has been fine but both Humpty and Fiery have been very hostile and looking for conflict from the outset so not surprising they may run into it now and again.

FAO Kerouac on 10:39 - Sep 3 with 2036 viewsNotLoyal

All the best Blaze.

It’s their loss, the inability for certain posters to debate and discuss without throwing around cowardly accusations because of their agenda was and remains pathetic.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

FAO Kerouac on 10:39 - Sep 3 with 2034 viewsNotLoyal

An example of the belief we still have a right and left wing in 2020.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 10:40]

OK I've changed it.

FAO Kerouac on 11:13 - Sep 3 with 2003 viewsKerouac

FAO Kerouac on 10:39 - Sep 3 by NotLoyal

It’s their loss, the inability for certain posters to debate and discuss without throwing around cowardly accusations because of their agenda was and remains pathetic.

It is their loss but I doubt they are able to see it, just like they weren't able to see what the situation on here was before they left.
We read recently that some posters had to put up with abusive PMs threatening violence in the wee small hours.
I used to get PMs from posters imploring me not to give in and disappear but to keep posting.
To me, although I understood why those posters encouraged me to keep going, I find it sad that posters felt they needed to do that on a forum that was surely created to discuss the Swans and have a little fun, but unfortunately that was the atmosphere that had been allowed to develop...a clique bullying their fellow Swans fans who held different opinions.

You are right, it was and is pathetic, and it is the reason why the new forum has not succeeded in my opinion.

FAO Kerouac on 11:28 - Sep 3 with 1990 viewsNotLoyal

FAO Kerouac on 11:13 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

It is their loss but I doubt they are able to see it, just like they weren't able to see what the situation on here was before they left.
We read recently that some posters had to put up with abusive PMs threatening violence in the wee small hours.
I used to get PMs from posters imploring me not to give in and disappear but to keep posting.
To me, although I understood why those posters encouraged me to keep going, I find it sad that posters felt they needed to do that on a forum that was surely created to discuss the Swans and have a little fun, but unfortunately that was the atmosphere that had been allowed to develop...a clique bullying their fellow Swans fans who held different opinions.

You are right, it was and is pathetic, and it is the reason why the new forum has not succeeded in my opinion.

I must admit I’ve never had an abusive PM, my thinking there is they would be taken up on it, hence their silence. Admittedly the odd Cardiff fan would pop up here and there with threats but they never responded after being given the opportunity to actually come out from hiding.
I agree your opinions are unwelcome by the those who can’t debate and offer an intelligent response. I’ve learned that over time, we all have a default position but that should only occur after many attempts to have dialogue. I’m no supporter of specific politics just because the so called left or right have to support it because everyone else does. Then cause more division.
However few see this.
This forum now has a great opportunity to create an environment of many opinions, it is very slowly working, your input with several others is key to this.

OK I've changed it.

FAO Kerouac on 11:30 - Sep 3 with 1988 viewscontroversial_jack

FAO Kerouac on 09:06 - Sep 3 by Best_loser

The mods are weak, they do nothing.
FAO Kerouac on 11:36 - Sep 3 with 1975 viewsNotLoyal

FAO Kerouac on 11:30 - Sep 3 by controversial_jack

The mods are weak, they do nothing.

Maybe I’ve missed it, but when since the forum changed on here has there been a moment when some one should be banned ?

OK I've changed it.

FAO Kerouac on 11:39 - Sep 3 with 1967 viewswaynekerr55

All the best Blaze.

Have you been banned K or have you left of your own accord? Would be nice to have you on the dark side

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FAO Kerouac on 11:43 - Sep 3 with 1953 viewsKerouac

FAO Kerouac on 11:39 - Sep 3 by waynekerr55

Have you been banned K or have you left of your own accord? Would be nice to have you on the dark side

Left of my own accord mate

waynekerr is a great example of a poster who disagrees with me a lot and yet we have always got on and interacted politely.

Always enjoyed your posts mate and would be great to see you post more on here

FAO Kerouac on 12:11 - Sep 3 with 1930 viewsCatullus

FAO Kerouac on 11:36 - Sep 3 by NotLoyal

Maybe I’ve missed it, but when since the forum changed on here has there been a moment when some one should be banned ?

Only Darran has been banned as far as I know. A few posts have been removed and some warnings given, again as far as I know.

Mostly though, since the split, people have been very decent on here.

PS, I don't actually know what Darran did to get banned, I missed it but if the moderators are soft (as accused by someone) then they certainly acted unusually quickly in the one case!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Kerouac on 13:07 - Sep 3 with 1899 viewsFireboy2

FAO Kerouac on 11:39 - Sep 3 by waynekerr55

Apparently he has.

But that isnt surprising if he posted anything like he does on this forum.
FAO Kerouac on 13:09 - Sep 3 with 1898 viewsbritferry

They are Betamax, we are VHS.

We'll be using VHS for hundreds of years to come, its the future, I know these things.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

FAO Kerouac on 13:26 - Sep 3 with 1879 viewsNotLoyal

But no examples on here of an incident that should have led to the banning of a poster.

OK I've changed it.

FAO Kerouac on 13:28 - Sep 3 with 1874 viewsKerouac

FAO Kerouac on 13:07 - Sep 3 by Fireboy2

Apparently he has.

Just been across and had a look.

Darran is telling lies as normal.

I wasn’t banned there when I left and I wasn’t even aware that they had banned me subsequently...for the crime of? Not logging in and posting? 😂
Too, too funny 😂😂😂

What’s also funny is that their posters come on here accusing our mod of being weak, accusing our posters of being intolerant...yet none of you (Other than Darran) have been banned. We even tolerate Mart6 ffs! 😂
Yet I’m banned from there after I left of my own accord.

Not for the first time I find myself thinking ‘a sitcom writer couldn’t write this!’ 🤣
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 23:15]

FAO Kerouac on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 1871 viewsNotLoyal

FAO Kerouac on 13:28 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

Just been across and had a look.

Darran is telling lies as normal.

I wasn’t banned there when I left and I wasn’t even aware that they had banned me subsequently...for the crime of? Not logging in and posting? 😂
Too, too funny 😂😂😂

What’s also funny is that their posters come on here accusing our mod of being weak, accusing our posters of being intolerant...yet none of you (Other than Darran) have been banned. We even tolerate Mart6 ffs! 😂
Yet I’m banned from there after I left of my own accord.

Not for the first time I find myself thinking ‘a sitcom writer couldn’t write this!’ 🤣
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 23:15]

Your post regards WayneKerr has been lost already 😉

OK I've changed it.

FAO Kerouac on 14:08 - Sep 3 with 1846 viewsA_Fans_Dad

FAO Kerouac on 13:07 - Sep 3 by Fireboy2

Apparently he has.

????????
FAO Kerouac on 14:35 - Sep 3 with 1822 viewsbritferry

congratulations Kerouac... the busiest thread on both sites

I admit it, I had to go over and take a look.

It does show someone's intelligence when they have to swear like a trooper on an internet forum... its a good job the pathetic individual has been banned from here, its the best single thing that's happened here

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024