Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” 11:53 - Sep 18 with 6699 viewsHighjack

Minneapolis city council are worried about a huge spike in crime after defunding and dismantling the police force and replacing them with “violence interrupters” then demand the police chief do something about it pronto.

Local residents concerned about a massive uptick in murders, carjackings, burglaries and other violent crimes are wondering why the police who are in the process of being dismantled aren’t turning up to help.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/minneapolis-city-council-members-complain-16073129

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:40 - Sep 22 with 843 viewsJack123

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:49 - Sep 21 by DJack

The poster I called "dull fascist" was often posting racist/prejudiced stuff which they would delete the next morning...This included saying that some lady "go back to Africa".

Absolute rubbish! I never said that, at the time I used the word 'they' I never mentioned colour or gender.

And certainly didn't single out some lady as you incorrectly say.

libera nos a malo

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:53 - Sep 22 with 828 viewsDr_Parnassus

I would still like to know where fascism comes into it though.

Sounds like a Freudian slip, some kind of reactive muscle memory that blurts out that word every time someone says something they don’t like.

As for the comment itself, sounds distasteful, I didn’t read it or know what it said in order to comment before people say I’m defending it..:. I know what these people are like, caveats are always needed.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 14:09]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:06 - Sep 22 with 818 viewsJack123

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:53 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

I would still like to know where fascism comes into it though.

Sounds like a Freudian slip, some kind of reactive muscle memory that blurts out that word every time someone says something they don’t like.

As for the comment itself, sounds distasteful, I didn’t read it or know what it said in order to comment before people say I’m defending it..:. I know what these people are like, caveats are always needed.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 14:09]

Yeah, and I have been tarred with that brush, just for saying pulling down the statues wasn't right!! Never been called that before, honest after him calling me that I had to google why he would call me that, and no it's not me.

libera nos a malo

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 08:56 - Sep 22 with 782 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 00:05 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

That doesn’t sound like fascism, that sounds like racism.

This is the issue with the left in 2020, they use words they don’t understand and they become meaningless.

A black reporter was accused by a BLM fanatic of having white privilege not so long ago. It’s embarrassing.

You are correct that is racism and he has not (yet) identified himself as he has used racist comments though - I just stongly suspect his head is in the area stated, but yep wrong word used.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:32 - Sep 22 with 765 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 13:20 - Sep 22 with 715 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 21:49 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I just think it’s a pointless conversation, we are discussing defunding the police. Revoking their rights isn’t going to happen, again it’s a fundamental part of the constitution. The 27th amendment is about congress salary, it’s hardly a comparison.

You still can't see it, if any part of the constitution has been changed then any part of it can be changed. That's how democracy works. Every part of the constitution is funadamental part of the constitution.

The argument still stands, if there wasn't so much gun violence in the USA maybe the police would be less likely to shoot suspects, this has been a FUNDAMENTAL reason for BLM protests, black people being shot by police. This in turn led to them calling to defund the police.

Anyway, it's going in circles now. There is one thing we will both agree on, defunding the police to any extent won't help. We saw what happened over here when the police had massive cuts, crime rose.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 13:44 - Sep 22 with 707 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 13:20 - Sep 22 by Catullus

You still can't see it, if any part of the constitution has been changed then any part of it can be changed. That's how democracy works. Every part of the constitution is funadamental part of the constitution.

The argument still stands, if there wasn't so much gun violence in the USA maybe the police would be less likely to shoot suspects, this has been a FUNDAMENTAL reason for BLM protests, black people being shot by police. This in turn led to them calling to defund the police.

Anyway, it's going in circles now. There is one thing we will both agree on, defunding the police to any extent won't help. We saw what happened over here when the police had massive cuts, crime rose.

Can’t see what? The constitution hasn’t been changed, it has had additions. No, not every part of the constitution is a fundamental part of the constitution. The constitution represents freedom of the American people, Congress salaries (28th amendment) is not a fundamental part of the constitution. I’m not entirely sure what your obsession with this point is to be honest, you are flogging a dead horse.

BLM would be around regardless. Black people aren’t killed disproportionately by police as they claim and the chances of a black person being killed by police while not committing a crime is less chance than being struck and killed by lightning. So the power to stop police killings are in their own hands - stop committing crime, if that is too difficult then don’t resist arrest.

BLM has absolutely nothing to do with improving the plight of black life, nothing.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 13:52 - Sep 22 with 701 viewsonehunglow

Dr P.

Reading Les Ferdinand's comments prove your points.

For decent black people,this must be most distressing,their fight for equal rights being taken over by demo people living well away from the realities of American urban conflicts in cities.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:01 - Sep 22 with 696 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 13:52 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Dr P.

Reading Les Ferdinand's comments prove your points.

For decent black people,this must be most distressing,their fight for equal rights being taken over by demo people living well away from the realities of American urban conflicts in cities.

It’s condescending and it’s patronising. Imagine being preached to that you are being oppressed. The other day I saw a video of a group of white University students literally screaming at a group of black people that they were oppressed when they were telling them that they weren’t.

Black people are thriving in almost every industry, not just thriving but dominating and outperforming most. Sports, acting, music, medicine, politics you name it, some of the highest paid people in these professions are black. There is absolutely no barriers in anybodies way if they make right decisions and work hard.

To be used by the left and constantly told you are oppressed to further political aims must be so infuriating. If America was systemically racist then the highest earning group wouldn’t be Asian, the highest earning nationality in America wouldn’t be Indian and black immigrants would struggle - however their skin colour doesn’t seem to be an issue for them and they outperform US born black people in almost every area, most come over into the same wealth bracket too.

It’s mindset and culture.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 14:03]

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:05 - Sep 22 with 690 viewsHumpty

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:40 - Sep 22 by Jack123

Absolute rubbish! I never said that, at the time I used the word 'they' I never mentioned colour or gender.

And certainly didn't single out some lady as you incorrectly say.

Out of all the places in the world they could go to why did you choose Africa?
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:16 - Sep 22 with 680 viewsonehunglow

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:01 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s condescending and it’s patronising. Imagine being preached to that you are being oppressed. The other day I saw a video of a group of white University students literally screaming at a group of black people that they were oppressed when they were telling them that they weren’t.

Black people are thriving in almost every industry, not just thriving but dominating and outperforming most. Sports, acting, music, medicine, politics you name it, some of the highest paid people in these professions are black. There is absolutely no barriers in anybodies way if they make right decisions and work hard.

To be used by the left and constantly told you are oppressed to further political aims must be so infuriating. If America was systemically racist then the highest earning group wouldn’t be Asian, the highest earning nationality in America wouldn’t be Indian and black immigrants would struggle - however their skin colour doesn’t seem to be an issue for them and they outperform US born black people in almost every area, most come over into the same wealth bracket too.

It’s mindset and culture.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 14:03]

Sister in law ha a mixed race partner and they live in white Devon.

He has no problems and hasn't in 15 yrs living there

Being a mechanic,a few years ago,he stopped to offer a single woamn who had broken down some assistance .She thought he was gonna mug her. He saw the funny side of it. He drove a black BMW 520 at that time.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:20 - Sep 22 with 677 viewsLohengrin

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:05 - Sep 22 by Humpty

Out of all the places in the world they could go to why did you choose Africa?

Can’t you recall the footage he was commenting on, Hump? Remember that chap standing in front of Churchill’s statue declaring him “a hero” as the BLM crowd milled around him shouting?

I’m paraphrasing from memory here but the gist of it was the chap said that the woman ought to be grateful as this was the man who defeated Hitler. She responded with what was certainly something of a fresh take on mid-twentieth century history by declaring WW2 as “just an argument between two white men.“ She then went on too add that “if it wasn’t for Churchill she’d be in Africa right now minding her own business.”

Quite how she arrived at that conclusion is likely to remain a mystery?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:21 - Sep 22 with 676 viewsHighjack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:20 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

Can’t you recall the footage he was commenting on, Hump? Remember that chap standing in front of Churchill’s statue declaring him “a hero” as the BLM crowd milled around him shouting?

I’m paraphrasing from memory here but the gist of it was the chap said that the woman ought to be grateful as this was the man who defeated Hitler. She responded with what was certainly something of a fresh take on mid-twentieth century history by declaring WW2 as “just an argument between two white men.“ She then went on too add that “if it wasn’t for Churchill she’d be in Africa right now minding her own business.”

Quite how she arrived at that conclusion is likely to remain a mystery?

Did she attend the same history class as Dianne Abbott?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:21 - Sep 22 with 676 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:16 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Sister in law ha a mixed race partner and they live in white Devon.

He has no problems and hasn't in 15 yrs living there

Being a mechanic,a few years ago,he stopped to offer a single woamn who had broken down some assistance .She thought he was gonna mug her. He saw the funny side of it. He drove a black BMW 520 at that time.

That’s the thing, when you create these scenarios in people’s minds, they can have the same experience as someone else yet will walk away attributing it to something else.

White man and a black man go for a job, neither get it. The white person walks off and thinks how they can improve and where they went wrong, if the black person has been preached to that his skin colour is holding him back or is an issue for people he may walk away thinking he’s been the victim of discrimination and racism and will feel its hopeless.

That’s the danger of the likes of BLM, it creates racism in people’s minds when there isn’t any there and it’s damaging. I couldn’t believe the gall of this group of spoilt white activists insisting that a group of black people were oppressed. One said “I’m not oppressed, I can do anything I want”, the response was “No you can’t, you are denying the issue!”.

Gobsmacking.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:25 - Sep 22 with 671 viewsLohengrin

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:21 - Sep 22 by Highjack

Did she attend the same history class as Dianne Abbott?

She may have been the Prefect...

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:06 - Sep 22 with 621 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 14:25 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

She may have been the Prefect...

But she was right, Loh. If not for Churchill she'd be doing forced labour in a Nazi diamond mine

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:11 - Sep 22 with 611 viewstrampie

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:06 - Sep 22 by Catullus

But she was right, Loh. If not for Churchill she'd be doing forced labour in a Nazi diamond mine

Not necessarily as the foreigner replacement we was said to have had lined up to replace Churchill (if something had happened to him) they expected him to do a better job than Churchill.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:18 - Sep 22 with 606 viewsonehunglow

how ya doing Tramps

missed ya.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:22 - Sep 22 with 599 viewstrampie

Soldiering on Perch.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:25 - Sep 22 with 595 viewsonehunglow

Missed ya.
I apologised to killy about some OTT posting about independence.I was out of order and am better than that. I extend similiar to you.

I stand by what I say as regards independence but I should have stuck to subject and not got personal. I hate I did that and regret I fell into that trap.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:28 - Sep 22 with 591 viewsLohengrin

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:11 - Sep 22 by trampie

Not necessarily as the foreigner replacement we was said to have had lined up to replace Churchill (if something had happened to him) they expected him to do a better job than Churchill.

I take it you’re thinking of Jan Smuts? Wouldn’t have happened, Tramp. If anything had happened to Churchill then Attlee as his Deputy would have succeeded him.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:29 - Sep 22 with 590 viewstrampie

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:25 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Missed ya.
I apologised to killy about some OTT posting about independence.I was out of order and am better than that. I extend similiar to you.

I stand by what I say as regards independence but I should have stuck to subject and not got personal. I hate I did that and regret I fell into that trap.

Accepted Perch.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:30 - Sep 22 with 586 viewsonehunglow

GOOD.
Clean slate.

You can relax as Ive now stopped all visits back home due to a variety of reasons.I m lucky I love where I live.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:36 - Sep 22 with 577 viewstrampie

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:30 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

GOOD.
Clean slate.

You can relax as Ive now stopped all visits back home due to a variety of reasons.I m lucky I love where I live.

Nothing wrong with the occupied territories, not as good as Wales mind you, as they say when referring to Britannia, West is best.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:42 - Sep 22 with 573 viewsonehunglow

I am in the west of Wirral.

Our sunsets are of Great Orme . Stunning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024